• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice

DL HUD Icons: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfe2k4waza54jtx/Icons.rar

- Character Costumes Progress = 25/42
- Stage Progress = 65%
- Menu Screen = 75%
- CSP HQ = 7/42

What is the Codex Build?

As you can tell from my username, the Codex Build is my own project in which I'm aiming to create a sleek, professional design a variety of the best mods implemented for personal use for Project M.

The idea mainly focuses towards:
A. Creating a really beautiful interface and design.
B. Creating a build that fully utilizes the bet mods out there providing both casual and competitive players an amazing experience with a wide of range of options to choose from.
C . Creating multiple versions of the build to suit everyone's taste, from tournament legal to just an overall fun build, my aim to have something for everyone of any taste.

How long will this build take to create?
I'd say a couple more months and the first release shall be released, I'm a one man project so I'm spending as much of what time I have on it when I can.

What should I expect from this build?
Right now, I'm currently working on all the characters, I make a list of it as you'll see as you scroll down with characters, however a few examples will be the best picked costumes I feel should be in the mod, I'm also creating my own character portraits (CSP) to go with the build for consistency, which you'll see as you go down.

One example you can see is the menu styling mod that can be found: http://smashboards.com/threads/shuns-house-of-pancakes-post-1091.336537/ as well as many others for specific characters, like Ganondorf with the Triforce Mod and Roy with his Sheath attached, it's the little things that also get taken into account.

Down below you'll see the list of charters with their chosen costumes, using CBliss I can max out 10 costumes for all characters and intend to use all slots wisely with the support of everyone and picking out costumes/skins that fit well with the build!

I've mentioned multiple builds as well, so far the plans have three main builds and they are as followed:
- Codex Build: The main build I'm working on, will have the costumes but the main point of this build will include the full stage expansion alongside the advance stage loader once I get that up and running.
- Default PM Build: Will use the PM style interface with the costumes implemented and nothing more.
- TKBreezy's Tourney Costume Build: Just like the PM build, this one will have just the costume addition whilst keeping in the tournament legal zone.

HQ CHARACTER SECTION:

What's this section about then?

This part my own little thing, once a day I work on a single character's CSP and go all out on it, basically creating a higher quality render to my default ones, taking everything into account and applying as much detail and love into it as I can, I decided to do this now because I can get costumes done really quickly now and I can spend enough time to do one character for this section, this section also replace the current character section all together eventually once everything is done but for now I'll be building towards that whilst maintaining progress on my main build's time frame.

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

With Flames:
Without Flames:
Optional Choice Costumes:
Optional Choice Costumes Without flame:
Dr Mario Alt with Flame:
Without Flames:

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -
With Light -

Render:
Costumes + CSP -

Render:
Costumes + CSP:

CHARACTER SECTION:

:warioc:Wario:
:bowser2: Bowser:
:yoshi2: Yoshi:
:dk2:Donkey Kong:
:wolf: Wolf:
:zelda: Zelda:
:link2: Link:
:toonlink: Toon Link:
:ganondorf:Ganondorf + Tri-force Mod:
:lucario: Lucario:
:pikachu2:Pikachu:
:charizard: Charizard:
:kirby2:Kirby:
:ike: Ike:
:roypm:Roy + Sheath Mod:
:sonic: Sonic:

I plan to credit everyone's work in this build that I'm currently working on, I hope I've explained things well enough so people understand what I'm trying to aim for as a goal, If you have any questions or even suggestions for that matter! I'll be more than happy to answer what I can so don't hold back!

Also, as I've been taking a long time working on this build, trying to perfect it to a degree I can consider good enough to release, I've been working on my own textures and such, I'll provide downloads for them so people can get their hands on them! Also if there's a texture in the list you want to know about don't hesitate to ask! I'll link you up right away!

If you came to this thread looking for specific textures and edited ones I made then click on the ones you want to DL below and I hope you like them!

And many more to come!
this is AMAZING I CANT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
This project is top notch, really love the CSS in particular, the borders around the individual boxes look nice, I was wondering if you were planning on doing a Galacta Knight skin for Meta Knight, because honestly, these are some of the nicest looking renders out there, ESPECIALLY NINTEN AND AWAKENING MARTH.
that username though

EthralSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Ethral
3DS FC
4768-7597-3482
I really want to work on Hyrule Warriors version of Sheik and Zelda if people want me to spend time doing that?
Are you gonna do that cause that would be awesome I'm not gonna lie haha

Edit: Also, THAT LUCINA HYPE THO

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Hopefully this means Lucina optional DLC from you in the future :4lucina::4lucina::4lucina:
and on the topic of Lucina...
this NEEDS to be an alt costume in Smash 4

Can't wait to see how the CSPs for all the other characters turn out.

For Link you should include Fierce Deity Link (either as DLC or in the actual build), looks cool and it's been confirmed to be in Smash 4 as well.
And I never really play Sheik but...Fierce Deity Sheik looks like an awesome alt
:4lucina: Optional Lucina shall defiantly be a thing! :4lucina:

Also I really hope that's a costume in Smash4! That and her Lord outfit, that would be fantastic if they did that~

I plan to do Fierce Deity Link as an optional one, waiting for someone to share a pic of the full body so I can make a skin to match up with it! Fierce Deity Sheik looks cool as well so I might consider that as well!

O.o there's so much to this build its beautiful I can't wait til its release. Thank you for working so long and hard on it!
Thanks! Glad to see it's working out really well so far!

I was a little worried when Smashboards crashed and we weren't hearing any news or updates from you. I checked the thread at least 4 times a day during this 3 days (?) of absense. However, I must say, the wait was REALLY worth it! You went and completely rebuild and re-made your already amazing CSPs to make them even better?! Talk about dedication and compromise!

They look awesome! As a Mario Main, the first time I found this thread and started looking through the CSPs I was so happy with how they looked but now I'm here thinking how you have been able to create even better content as time has been passing by. I'm sure you haven't reached your limit yet and I´m already very excited to see the next set of amazing CSPs you have in store!

All in all, I want to thank you for constantly showing that you do care about what your "fans" (at least I consider myself as one) have to say. The fact that you reply and answer to all the suggestions and requests we are giving to you even though you are working on the build and taking care of your daily routine is great. I'm really looking forward to the release of this build and to seeing more of your work in the future, when Version 3.5 releases and gives you more reasons to keep innovating and improving.

Welcome back and thanks!
As always thanks Luddoj! If I get/see an opertunity to improve everything I aim to do just that! I continue to try and get better and better all thanks to everyone who inspires and supports!

In regards to the whole fan thing, I'm very glad to hear that! I always believed that trying to get involved with everyone is the key to making this build the best it can be whilst working on progress at the same time is the best way I balance it out, that and I always think back to how I was just browsing threads and such, to me at the end of the day we're all smash loving fans that love playing/doing anything smash related in my mind!

this is AMAZING I CANT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD
Thanks! Working hard to get this complete!

that username though
Dat Username~

Are you gonna do that cause that would be awesome I'm not gonna lie haha

Edit: Also, THAT LUCINA HYPE THO
I know I can do Sheik's model, Zelda's would take time I think, I plan to work on it a bit furthur ahead in time, I really REALLY want to work on it but want to get the build out first, so expect an update from me in regards to that in the future!

:4lucina: Also DAT LUCINA HYPE SO REAL :4lucina:

So hyped, really looking forward to this!
Glad you are! Makes me more and more motivated hearing this!

MINI UPDATE:

I was actually going to do this with yesterday's post but had a couple of texture edits I wanted to fix, here's Awakening Marth's alternate pose, which will be an optional thing like Dr Mario's pose.

HD Render:

CSP:

I wonder if people would like the same pose for all costumes in the final build or alternate poses for costumes liked you see in PM and my Dr Mario Alts whilst maintaining consistency?

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
That awakening Marth render is looking really smooth! The original poses (like Ness' pose in your latest update) looks fresh and cool because I think that the fact that you had to do the pose for yourself without having any tipe of model adds to the originality and impact to the CSP. When it's something new that nobody has seen before, it makes them go "wooooow" because that really shows how much talent you have, and how much effort you put into making those models. Not saying your Smash 4 models are bad, just saying that whenever you model a character from scratch all by yourself, the final result surprises me because its something I haven't seen before. That and the poses you create make characters look really great! You really get the best angle for everyone.

About keeping consistency, my opinion is that different costumes that change the character in appearance COULD have different models and CSPs based on that model, without looking bad or messy. For example, your Mario/Dr. Mario optional CSPs. As soon as you released the HD Mario I updated my CSPs, but I used HD Mario's CSPs for Marios and your custom CSPs especifically for Dr. Mario. I personally cannot picture Dr. Mario using flames or throwing fireballs because I know him better for throwing pills or having electricity come out of his hands. Yes, they don't have the same pose, but that makes the costume change feel "special" if you know what I mean. It's not just a recolor, it's a makeover, a different appearence, almost af if those two were different persons. Same happened to your Brawl Fox/Melee Fox. The fact that Melee Fox has a different pose than regular Brawl Fox adds to the fact that you are using a Special costume, a special version of the character. I think that if the CSPs are different that gives alternate costumes a sense of uniqueness that really makes the build look and feel good. I think like this because with you releasing so much High Quality and professional looking CSPs, the build is not going to feel messy or disorganized at all. I feel that the opportunity of having the build filled with your amazing renders, and having original, fresh renders for alternate costumes to feel unique, is the way to go.

Thanks again for the quick update and for replying, as always. I am in favor of having more and unique poses for characters to feel fresh and now that you know how to make really high quality renders, I am looking forward future updates. I know I will continue to be amazed by your work.

Last edited:

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
Is it possible for you to release that updated Awakening Marth Texture? Because HOT DAMN does it look awesome!

MagicManNo9

That awakening Marth render is looking really smooth! The original poses (like Ness' pose in your latest update) looks fresh and cool because I think that the fact that you had to do the pose for yourself without having any tipe of model adds to the originality and impact to the CSP. When it's something new that nobody has seen before, it makes them go "wooooow" because that really shows how much talent you have, and how much effort you put into making those models. Not saying your Smash 4 models are bad, just saying that whenever you model a character from scratch all by yourself, the final result surprises me because its something I haven't seen before. That and the poses you create make characters look really great! You really get the best angle for everyone.

About keeping consistency, my opinion is that different costumes that change the character in appearance COULD have different models and CSPs based on that model, without looking bad or messy. For example, your Mario/Dr. Mario optional CSPs. As soon as you released the HD Mario I updated my CSPs, but I used HD Mario's CSPs for Marios and your custom CSPs especifically for Dr. Mario. I personally cannot picture Dr. Mario using flames or throwing fireballs because I know him better for throwing pills or having electricity come out of his hands. Yes, they don't have the same pose, but that makes the costume change feel "special" if you know what I mean. It's not just a recolor, it's a makeover, a different appearence, almost af if those two were different persons. Same happened to your Brawl Fox/Melee Fox. The fact that Melee Fox has a different pose than regular Brawl Fox adds to the fact that you are using a Special costume, a special version of the character. I think that if the CSPs are different that gives alternate costumes a sense of uniqueness that really makes the build look and feel good. I think like this because with you releasing so much High Quality and professional looking CSPs, the build is not going to feel messy or disorganized at all. I feel that the opportunity of having the build filled with your amazing renders, and having original, fresh renders for alternate costumes to feel unique, is the way to go.

Thanks again for the quick update and for replying, as always. I am in favor of having more and unique poses for characters to feel fresh and now that you know how to make really high quality renders, I am looking forward future updates. I know I will continue to be amazed by your work.
Thanks as always Luddoj! Whenever I work on CSP's I try to create a unique feel for each of them so the first time someone see's they get really suprised, I was inspired the idea when I first saw PMBR's Mr L costume etc when 3.0 first came out, it's really good to hear that kind of reaction/feedback from people!

Also with the alt costumes,I actually went full on CSP alternate pose mode after reading that, it's exactly what I'm aiming for overall and testing it out a few times, keeping the right height and consitency through all CSPs can be a tad bit time consuming but so worth it in the end!

I have a lot of surprises planned so I really hope you and everyone else keep's coming back!

this is like christmas before christmas!!!!! thanks so much codexxxxx
:4marth::4marth::4marth:
:4robinf: Thank You! Will have it out way before Christmas though so a early Christmas is incoming! :4robinf:

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL THIS HYPE IS MAKING ME HYPE!

Is it possible for you to release that updated Awakening Marth Texture? Because HOT DAMN does it look awesome!
I'll need to get permission first, so I'll ask about tomorrow and see how it goes! (Was also very surprised how well that Marth came out with a couple of edits~)

ALTERNATE POSE FOR DOCTOR LUIGI PLS

Dr Luigi Pose confirmed! Working on that one and a few others!

MINI-UPDATE:

Slow updates this week because I have my lil cousin down for the week (Doesn't get the chance to game often but loves playing and talking Zelda/Smash) So I've been trying to keep some form of update, which I hope people don't mind until Sunday at the least!

Though I fixed up Awakening Marth's CSP, some may or may not notice but the height wasn't right or rather, felt out of place when switching through so I increased the height a bit and it's blends well:

Also here's an alternate pose for Dark Pit for my mini update til Sunday (I'll try my best to pump out some kind of update until then, for now I'm just spending time with the family until then and I hope you all can understand):

As anyone who knows their Smash 4, they'll know that this pose is inspired from that, I couldn't do it exactly the same for the reason being different body proportions and model, and weapon so I hope you all like this!

And here's the HD Render:

Apologies for the feet though, I have to re-position him to get it to match with the CSP I was aiming for.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
CODEX IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLL

I LOVE YOUR RENDERS<3

KIRBY PLEASE

PLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MagicManNo9

CODEX IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLL

I LOVE YOUR RENDERS<3

KIRBY PLEASE

PLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thank you! :4kirby: I'll be getting the Kirby Hype up and running soon enough~ :4kirby:

Also here's a screenshot of the BP's in game in case anyone wants to see:

Using the Smash3 HUD and making sure all the BPs are consistent to make the most sleek looking build from it overall is what I'm aiming form, also I shall be updating the whole front page very soon since it's way outdated haha.

With that said, time to sleep for me, it's 2:30am over here.

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
Thanks as always Luddoj! Whenever I work on CSP's I try to create a unique feel for each of them so the first time someone see's they get really suprised, I was inspired the idea when I first saw PMBR's Mr L costume etc when 3.0 first came out, it's really good to hear that kind of reaction/feedback from people!

Also with the alt costumes,I actually went full on CSP alternate pose mode after reading that, it's exactly what I'm aiming for overall and testing it out a few times, keeping the right height and consitency through all CSPs can be a tad bit time consuming but so worth it in the end!

I have a lot of surprises planned so I really hope you and everyone else keep's coming back!

:4robinf: Thank You! Will have it out way before Christmas though so a early Christmas is incoming! :4robinf:

ALL THIS HYPE IS MAKING ME HYPE!

I'll need to get permission first, so I'll ask about tomorrow and see how it goes! (Was also very surprised how well that Marth came out with a couple of edits~)

Dr Luigi Pose confirmed! Working on that one and a few others!

MINI-UPDATE:

Slow updates this week because I have my lil cousin down for the week (Doesn't get the chance to game often but loves playing and talking Zelda/Smash) So I've been trying to keep some form of update, which I hope people don't mind until Sunday at the least!

Though I fixed up Awakening Marth's CSP, some may or may not notice but the height wasn't right or rather, felt out of place when switching through so I increased the height a bit and it's blends well:

Also here's an alternate pose for Dark Pit for my mini update til Sunday (I'll try my best to pump out some kind of update until then, for now I'm just spending time with the family until then and I hope you all can understand):

As anyone who knows their Smash 4, they'll know that this pose is inspired from that, I couldn't do it exactly the same for the reason being different body proportions and model, and weapon so I hope you all like this!

And here's the HD Render:

Apologies for the feet though, I have to re-position him to get it to match with the CSP I was aiming for.
That Dark Pit is straight up incredible, you've done amazing with these characters, I cant wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the cast, especially your take on the characters not going to be in smash 4 (R.I.P. Lucas :[ )

MagicManNo9

OH GOD THOSE BPS THO

SO PRETTY

MY GAWD CODEX
Awwwwwwwww Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, glad you love it!

That Dark Pit is straight up incredible, you've done amazing with these characters, I cant wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the cast, especially your take on the characters not going to be in smash 4 (R.I.P. Lucas :[ )
Thanks! Also with Lucas sad to hear he got cut ;-; I expected at the very least a Lucas alt costume for Ness (I mean I even made one for this build with that in mind) and apparently he doesn't ;-; I can only hope the Wii U version adds more in like a late update of the kind (PRAYS FOR THE ICE CLIMBERS AND THE REST)

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Release this quickly the world need it =p
Trying to get as fast as possible! (Well previous update says I'm spending time with my lil cousin and family til Sunday but working hard!)

UPDATE:

It's now Roy's time!

Well firstly, here's his render, I based it on his original Pose in his game here:

Not exactly the same due to that containing Roy's Lord costume (Correct me if I'm wrong there, it's been a while)

In any case, here's his costumes/CSP!

I used the same ones as before with a couple of replacements, I used Fire nation Roy becase it's the best looking Roy I've seen yet, also the Purple Roy is actually a theme'd color of Zephiel as far as I'm aware and lastly I had to add in Awakening themed Roy because it was a color I overlooked at the time and it's so good! Also a fun note is that Blue Roy's costume is themed around his old style which I always find really cool.

I got into a recolour fever with Roy because there isn't many Roy costumes and I get the feeling Roy is going to get a badass costume from the PMBR team for 3.5, I'm just making assumptions there haha but fingers crossed! That and the recolours in Smash4 I saw of Lucina and Robin are 10/10 themed ones which I liked.

Speaking of which I played Smash4 on 3DS, got my hands on the demo~ And it's really good at that! Inspires me so much!

Last edited:

SolidLiquid363

Smash Rookie
NNID
Solidliquid363
3DS FC
3136-7909-5702
Trying to get as fast as possible! (Well previous update says I'm spending time with my lil cousin and family til Sunday but working hard!)

UPDATE:

It's now Roy's time!

Well firstly, here's his render, I based it on his original Pose in his game here:

Not exactly the same due to that containing Roy's Lord costume (Correct me if I'm wrong there, it's been a while)

I used the same ones as before with a couple of replacements, I used Fire nation Roy becase it's the best looking Roy I've seen yet, also the Purple Roy is actually a theme'd color of Zephiel as I'm aware and lastly I had to add in Awakening themed Roy because it was a color I overlooked at the time! Also a fun note is that Blue Roy's costume is themed around his old style which I always find really cool.

I got into a recolour fever with Roy because there isn't many Roy costumes and I get the feeling Roy is going to get a badass costume from the PMBR team for 3.5, I'm just making assumptions there haha but fingers crossed! That and the recolours in Smash4 I saw of Lucina and Robin are 10/10 themed ones which I liked.

Speaking of which I played Smash4 on 3DS, got my hands on the demo~ And it's really good at that! Inspires me so much!
ITS BEAUTIFUL ;_;

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

UPDATE:

It's now Roy's time!

I used the same ones as before with a couple of replacements, I used Fire nation Roy becase it's the best looking Roy I've seen yet, also the Purple Roy is actually a theme'd color of Zephiel as far as I'm aware and lastly I had to add in Awakening themed Roy because it was a color I overlooked at the time and it's so good! Also a fun note is that Blue Roy's costume is themed around his old style which I always find really cool.

Hm, gotta ask, how come you didn't use Lord Roy? Nice costumes though.
Also, have you seen the Roy recolor costume for Marth? I hate it simply because the devs acknowledged Roy but they didnt make a full alt or at least made his hair red.

MagicManNo9

ITS BEAUTIFUL ;_;
Glad you love it~

Hm, gotta ask, how come you didn't use Lord Roy? Nice costumes though.
Also, have you seen the Roy recolor costume for Marth? I hate it simply because the devs acknowledged Roy but they didnt make a full alt or at least made his hair red.
Ohhh, reason for not adding Lord Roy is because I wanted various colors and that specific Lord Roy looks very similar to default Roy in any case, I also did see the Roy recolor for Marth, liked it but didn't have enough costumes spaces to put that in.

MagicManNo9

Already have that one in plan with a couple of extras to match up!

UPDATE:

Again, been spending time with the family as my cousin is down for the week but I'm going to try and get something out there to show so here's Hyrule Warriors Link Render/CSP I spent til 3am working on~ (Hopefully I did it justice):

Also been playing around with shadows (Thanks @Taiko for the help!) and made this as a test:

I used the Hyrule Warriors Pose + Background for this overall, the only thing I can say is that I had to recolor the Armour to get it exactly right. And a little thing to note is that the actual model only has one arm pad, this is mainly because Link is always holding his shield.

People will probably ask why I didn't use the other pose which is the one on the cover of the Hyrule Warriors game, I did this mainly because I wanted to make the CSP unique on it's own, and since I'm going to be using Links Smash 4 pose in his CSPs (Still working on in case anyone wonders) they are sorta similar just at different angles in a sense, well in any case as always I hope people like!

Also THIS TUNE:

I'm seriously considering to use some of the music in Smash4, I'm really loving the game overall so far and I've only played the demo, time for HYPE!

Last edited:

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
I've been missing way too much. I've been spoiling myself with Sm4sh gameplay. But wow, that Roy render, that HW Link render, that Lucina render, and last but not least that DARK PIT RENDER (so much detail). You've been working really hard Codex and it shows. Can't wait to add these to my PM.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Hows progress? Can we still see a release date this month? Each update you post makes it look better :)

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
Have you considered doing a HW ganondorf for your build or having someone help you doing it?
Still, the HW link looks amazing.

Last edited:

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
Also are you considering when your build is finished, a file that is already pre-made? so that everyone can enjoy
(and not trying to dissect a file and manually putting them in their correct place and hoping that it doesn't freeze!)

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
My god haven't been on this thread for a little but MY GOD DEM RENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HYPE IS SO REAAAAL!

MagicManNo9

Man, you gotta fit the Mario1 music medley somewhere in your build. Take a listen to it. It's so amazing.
Been listening to the whole Smash4 soundtrack and lovin it~ Will be planning to do two music packs, pack one will have no smash 4 music in case people don't want it in, and the other will have the music implemented.

I've been missing way too much. I've been spoiling myself with Sm4sh gameplay. But wow, that Roy render, that HW Link render, that Lucina render, and last but not least that DARK PIT RENDER (so much detail). You've been working really hard Codex and it shows. Can't wait to add these to my PM.
Thanks man! Going to have to update the front page with these Renders, will probably do a Lucina render as well when her Model is out and put it as an optional download!

Hows progress? Can we still see a release date this month? Each update you post makes it look better :)
Ohhh I remember that I said I plan a release around then before I upgraded the CSP's, I might be able to make the time if I make sure I do one to three different characters a day, so I'll do what I can! And thanks glad you're liking the CSP upgrades!

Have you considered doing a HW ganondorf for your build or having someone help you doing it?
Still, the HW link looks amazing.
I'm actually planning to do so at some point, as far as I know someone is actually working on a HW Ganondorf so I'm waiting in for that release.

Also are you considering when your build is finished, a file that is already pre-made? so that everyone can enjoy
(and not trying to dissect a file and manually putting them in their correct place and hoping that it doesn't freeze!)
I actually have that planned funny enough so you need not worry!

My god haven't been on this thread for a little but MY GOD DEM RENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HYPE IS SO REAAAAL!
Thank you so much! TIME TO GO ALL OUT!

Just keep refreshing.

Eventually it will work!
Now it works!

UPDATE:

My little cousin has gone from his holiday so expect the usual updates this time round! Though I have been going some serious breathing related issues, my focus and love for Smash and everyone will continue to keep me going!

Tonights update will be as you can guess based on yesterday, Link! Been getting hyped for Hyrule Warriors coming this Friday!

I remember one of the first CSP's I did was a Link trying to recreate the Smash4 pose, this is my second attempt with a more updated and what I think is a better look this time round!

A couple of changes I wanted to point out in this update, firstly the fact that Red and Blue Link have had a slight texture update, in the brawl version it had a bit of a small gradient effect that would make certain areas of the tunic more orange/lighter than usual, it's bit hard to explain so I'll use a simple picture to explain:

This idea came from two things, first from the Purple Link costume I used to keep consistency and second being Smash 4's style of costumes and if I had to add a third reason, I prefer this one to the brawl styled ones~

I've been recommended to try out SJS's Skyward Link which looks fantastic so I plan to create CSP's for them and make them optional, however I plan to work on those after the first release, mainly due to time constraints and whatnot. (That and I really want to make the release!)

Also here's Melee Link since I did work on a Fox one:

Annnd the CSP's:

I believe that's all for Link's Update today! Sorry for it being so late!

Also a mini update, replaced Ness's Ninja outfit with Poo's themed one:

That's all for now! Expect another update later!

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Since you're taking some heavy inspiration from Smash 4, maybe you could give some more characters their smash4 incarnations but but styled. Like the Bowser skins I suggested before. It'd help give the build something else that makes it even more different from others, even though it already is pretty different.

MagicManNo9

Already done that ages ago~

This is looking SO GOOD! Keep up the good work Codex! 100% a Day-1 download!
Thank you! I look forward to seeing how many downloads this will get!

Since you're taking some heavy inspiration from Smash 4, maybe you could give some more characters their smash4 incarnations but but styled. Like the Bowser skins I suggested before. It'd help give the build something else that makes it even more different from others, even though it already is pretty different.
Well the issue with bowser is that I would need to create models for the alternate costumes to fit the body build of Smash 4 bowser, I'm mainly planning to give those things a shot after the first release with what I got at the moment and keeping things consistent with how much time I have working on it. Though that said, in the future I plan to release an optional pack for Bowser when the time comes.

I don't know if you can, but could you bring the yellow color link back please? I found it 10/10
Ohhh, I shall add that as an optional choice when the release comes! (Being a Link player I also love the Yellow tunic~)

Love this tune~ Can't wait to work on the costume when I get the time~

Anyways, today's update is Zelda! Again to keep up with the Hyrule Warriors hype! (Mine actually shipped funny enough, not out until Friday though so I'm hoping it'll arrive sooner)

Not much to add on Zelda but I will say to fellow CSP creators that her Skirt is a nightmare to work with, I did my best though so I hope everyone likes!

Early night for me though, been feeling a bit ill with breathing related problems, should be much better by the end of tomorrow though so I'll keep on working for the Smash hype!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Well the issue with bowser is that I would need to create models for the alternate costumes to fit the body build of Smash 4 bowser, I'm mainly planning to give those things a shot after the first release with what I got at the moment and keeping things consistent with how much time I have working on it. Though that said, in the future I plan to release an optional pack for Bowser when the time comes.
If you have an issue with Smash4 Bowser I could just do 9 recolors for it like what you did for Wii U samus.
Also, I don't mean to sound like I'm advertising anything or bragging about anything but I also took one of the Wii U styled Toon Link Skin and applied it to Skyloft, Outset, Majora's Mask, and Conductor Link and made 5 recolors from it if you decide go forward with giving more characters Wii U styled looks. I won't show any pics unless you'd actually want to see them since I don't want to look like I'm showing off my stuff in your thread.

Last edited:

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Already done that ages ago~

Thank you! I look forward to seeing how many downloads this will get!

Ohhh, I shall add that as an optional choice when the release comes! (Being a Link player I also love the Yellow tunic~)

Love this tune~ Can't wait to work on the costume when I get the time~

Anyways, today's update is Zelda! Again to keep up with the Hyrule Warriors hype! (Mine actually shipped funny enough, not out until Friday though so I'm hoping it'll arrive sooner)

Not much to add on Zelda but I will say to fellow CSP creators that her Skirt is a nightmare to work with, I did my best though so I hope everyone likes!

Early night for me though, been feeling a bit ill with breathing related problems, should be much better by the end of tomorrow though so I'll keep on working for the Smash hype!

Man, your work only keeps getting better and better! Simply incredible!! (HYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Can't wait for release!

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Gonna have to use a couple of csp's, yours are beautifully made it. Can I suggest alternate poses for mah main Ike? Like his official PoR and RD artwork, the actual is fine but I think it need some fixes (like the angle, the position of the eyes, etc.).

Keep up the good work Codex, your build is amazing.

Top Bottom