• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Xatix

Smash Rookie
Well built the new netplay iso with no problems. However the alternate stage selection doesn't seem to work (holding L+A during loading). Was this added in the 3.6 beta or is it just not available for netplay purposes?

Juken

Smash Ace
Well built the new netplay iso with no problems. However the alternate stage selection doesn't seem to work (holding L+A during loading). Was this added in the 3.6 beta or is it just not available for netplay purposes?
Don't you just hold L?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I think Samus and Roy's SFX might be messed up. Roy doesn't say anything, and Samus' up-b doesn't make noise when used. Any electric sounds are loud and linger for too long as well.

This could be because I loaded the game through Gecko, however, so it would need to be tested on an ISO.
This is a beta of the official 3.6 iso so there's a couple bugs we're trying to find. We're aware of some other SFX issues on some characters. Thanks for reporting this.

ASL doesn't work on Dolphin.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I think Samus and Roy's SFX might be messed up. Roy doesn't say anything, and Samus' up-b doesn't make noise when used. Any electric sounds are loud and linger for too long as well.

This could be because I loaded the game through Gecko, however, so it would need to be tested on an ISO.
Roy's audio works for me.

On the Netplay ISO it's Lucario and Mewtwo that have bugged audio.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I can't seem to get the netplay iso working. Chrome identifies it as potentially malicious and 2 different unzipping programs show errors. Anything I could try?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I can't seem to get the netplay iso working. Chrome identifies it as potentially malicious and 2 different unzipping programs show errors. Anything I could try?
Hit CTRL->J in chrome and recover the download. Chrome blocks downloading large zips from popular downloading websites for some reason.

The Kitten Burglar

Smash Cadet
I can't actually change the music frequency of any of the stages on the first page. Not sure if that's because of 3.6 or the netplay build.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I can't seem to access the 3.6 Iso loader. The link seems to be dead. I wonder if too many people are downloading at once. Do I need to be a member?

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
So I've downloaded the 3.6 ISO Maker and am using the Console Version on my Wii.
There's a whole bunch of new music tracks that are really surprising and hype (example "Killing Moon" from Street Fighter III Third Strike on Distant Planet; "Carnival Zone Night" from Sonic 3). AFAIK these tracks weren't listed in the changelist on the official website.

Are these part of the Netplay Build Console Version, or are they also on the standard version found on the Project M website? I'm kind of confused...

PLManith

Smash Rookie
So I've downloaded the 3.6 ISO Maker and am using the Console Version on my Wii.
There's a whole bunch of new music tracks that are really surprising and hype (example "Killing Moon" from Street Fighter III Third Strike on Distant Planet; "Carnival Zone Night" from Sonic 3). AFAIK these tracks weren't listed in the changelist on the official website.

Are these part of the Netplay Build Console Version, or are they also on the standard version found on the Project M website? I'm kind of confused...
Yeah, same with me too. Personally, I don't like it. Menu music, announcer, etc. are all different. I'm assuming the OP mixed in his files w/ the iso builder? idk, but I hope it gets fixed soon

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
Yeah, same with me too. Personally, I don't like it. Menu music, announcer, etc. are all different. I'm assuming the OP mixed in his files w/ the iso builder? idk, but I hope it gets fixed soon
I noticed the same thing, and I'm not liking it much either. The Cowboy Bebop theme is just too out of place on the character select screen. It doesn't feel official.

Thank you very much for making the builder though, OP.

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
Good thing I found out this was unofficial.

Combined with the fact that apparently Alternate Stage Loader does not work with assembled ISOs (it reads stage codes off of an SD card, not the ISO), I'm unfortunately going to have to find another method of getting PM 3.6 to work on my Wii. It's a shame because I used the ISO Builder ever since 3.02...

Y-L

Smash Champion
Perhaps the music is being mixed up with the Netplay build. Try either replacing the projectm folder in the console build with vanilla 3.6b homebrew set projectm files. Replace the one outside the console folder as well. I believe that will fix the music. Be aware guys that there are going to be bugs as this is a beta. The frame advance one is known. The announcer however is part of official 3.6b.

fizzleDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
fizzleDX
3DS FC
4141-4080-3072
When I run the .py file, when it says finished after building the iso, no Project M iso shows up in the folder. (ON MAC)

Y-L

Smash Champion
When I run the .py file, when it says finished after building the iso, no Project M iso shows up in the folder. (ON MAC)
Do you have python 2.7 installed? Do you have 16gb of hard drive space? Are there any error messages?

madpredar1

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the console ISO builder, my loading times are much faster in beta than 3.5 now (Used to be about 5sec+ to load stages with 4 player now 1sec). I dont know if its a fix of 3.6 or just a better iso builder, anyways thank you.

Last edited:

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
When I compute the MD5 Checksum I get another string of numbers, and when I attempt to play PM I get an error that tells me to quit the emulation immediately. The Brawl iso that I'm using was extracted from my hard drive (the one I use for my wii). I don't understand why my iso would be corrupted since it works fine when I play it on my Wii.

Any thoughts? I don't know whether my iso is scrubbed or not. How can I tell?

skintay12

Smash Rookie
Like with every PM release, this doesn't work for the least logical reason I can imagine, in that the builder literally refuses to recognize my projectm folder exists. I have my Brawl iso, it's 8.3gb, which seems like a weird size but I've tried every source available, in the 3.6 Beta builder folder, didn't touch the projectm folder sitting in there. Open the builder, and this ( http://imgur.com/2LCVUkd ) error pops up, tried moving both the ISO and builder around and it does nothing. So, like with every build, I'm resigned to hoping someone can help or just giving up and sticking to solely Melee.

fizzleDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
fizzleDX
3DS FC
4141-4080-3072
I've tried two different Brawl iso's and they both had a different MD5 Checksum than what it says in the instructions, and I'm certain I'm building the PM iso right, any help?

Last edited:

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
I've tried two different Brawl iso's and they both had a different MD5 Checksum than what it says in the instructions, and I'm certain I'm building the PM iso right, any help?
For some reason the instructions and the picture have different checksum strings as well, so i'm not sure what is correct...

But I believe the readme file that comes with the builder has a checksum value as well. Make sure to check that.

Last edited:

fizzleDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
fizzleDX
3DS FC
4141-4080-3072
For some reason the instructions and the picture have different checksum strings as well, so i'm not sure what is correct...

But I believe the readme file that comes with the builder has a checksum value as well. Make sure to check that.
I just checked, thats different too. Mine is "b0d605cdcc4f0539c6774c77dacdb21e". Yeah it's weird that the pic and the instructions are different

smasher2107

Smash Rookie
In the Netplay Build, when I go to the character select screen to play a normal fight a random music title from the Castle Siege stage plays. On the other hand when Im in any other part of the main menu the menu music titles play as it should be. This only happens if I go to the character select screen to play a normal fight. If for example I go to the character select screen to play training mode or classic mode everything works fine. Any way of fixing this?

Y-L

Smash Champion
The only possible reason to get a wrong md5 is not having the correct brawl iso.

Please report bugs to the bug reporting forum, and state that you're using an iso.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
The only possible reason to get a wrong md5 is not having the correct brawl iso.

Please report bugs to the bug reporting forum, and state that you're using an iso.
The other possibility is a corrupt builder download. It happened to me.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Can anyone tell me the names of the so gs that play during the CSS? I know there's a cowboy bebop one which I don't care for. Then there's the Wii shop channel remix. Then I would like to know the names of the others. I believe one is an aquatic ambiance remix which I want a yt link of badly. Then there is one which escapes my mind on what it's called. I love the CSS music and would love to keep them in my build if possible

NathanGamez

Smash Rookie
i have the project m ProjectM_RSBEPM_K-sav.iso but overtime i try to launch it in dolphin it gets to the please contain hype screen then loading screen then goes black. Please help i don't know how to make it work

Y-L

Smash Champion
i have the project m ProjectM_RSBEPM_K-sav.iso but overtime i try to launch it in dolphin it gets to the please contain hype screen then loading screen then goes black. Please help i don't know how to make it work
Are you sure you have the 3.6 iso builder? Doesn't sound like it.

Bibli_Blek

Smash Rookie
I've followed all of the steps, but when I run the ISO builder, it says "The system cannot find the path specified, and nothing appears. How can I fix this?

Top Bottom