• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

FTX

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to get Project M 3.6 Beta Iso builder with the regular music on? Or do we have to wait for it?

Last edited:

Hamman88

Smash Cadet
Im not sure, tbh im a little dissatisfied with the current builder, esp for offline. You still cant get stage alts, theres UNCHANGEABLE music on the CSS, (there arent sliders and even if you delete all BRSTMS its still there) and there's no sfx folder in pf, so you cant change the announcer, which drives me ****ing insane. Hoping a more complete one is added later...

Y-L

Smash Champion
If you replace the projectm folder and RSBE01.gct with the vanilla one, I believe it will work exactly like it should on console. This guide is designed with Netplay in mind, but it's really very easy to get what you want for console with a little effort.

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to get Project M 3.6 Beta Iso builder with the regular music on? Or do we have to wait for it?
You may have to look some stuff up if you're unfamiliar with the files. All you have to do is take out the music files in the builder and add in the original music files from the P:M download.

FTX

Smash Rookie
You may have to look some stuff up if you're unfamiliar with the files. All you have to do is take out the music files in the builder and add in the original music files from the P:M download.
Well i tried that Before but it dosent help that all. All it does is changing the Music back to that i want to but not the string/text of the Music that got changed and when i go to normal matches select the music changes into the Music that plays in the Castle Siege stage.

Bibli_Blek

Smash Rookie
Usually means you have a bad brawl iso.
Thanks for responding so quickly. I went ahead and found another iso, and I followed all of the steps again, but I recieved the same error message. Both of the iso files I tried run perfectly fine on their own. Anything else I should try?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Well i tried that Before but it dosent help that all. All it does is changing the Music back to that i want to but not the string/text of the Music that got changed and when i go to normal matches select the music changes into the Music that plays in the Castle Siege stage.
Replace the entire projectm folder with the vanilla PM one.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Thanks for responding so quickly. I went ahead and found another iso, and I followed all of the steps again, but I recieved the same error message. Both of the iso files I tried run perfectly fine on their own. Anything else I should try?
try running as administrator. I'm just saying most of the time that error message is because of a bad brawl iso. It may work fine, but it may be scrubbed or something.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
When I open dolphin, it says it cannot find any gamecube/wii ISO files. But I see the files in my documents folder, and they say file type "iso". Any advice?

Y-L

Smash Champion
When I open dolphin, it says it cannot find any gamecube/wii ISO files. But I see the files in my documents folder, and they say file type "iso". Any advice?
You have to do files->browse for isos. Dolphin has to know where to look.

FTX

Smash Rookie
Replace the entire projectm folder with the vanilla PM one.
Welp i tried a few times, didn't work, still says the wrong music string/text and also plays Castle Siege stage music on on the select screen.

So i'm just gonna wait for the full ISO then.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I just finished browsing right after my post. My apologies. I though dolphin would auto-scan all folders.

I just finished scanning, and my gameID is correct, but the MDchecksum is drastically different. I ran the batch file from the console folder since I plan on playing Project M online on my Wii. Is this correct? What did I miss?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I just finished browsing right after my post. My apologies. I though dolphin would auto-scan all folders.

I just finished scanning, and my gameID is correct, but the MDchecksum is drastically different. I ran the batch file from the console folder since I plan on playing Project M online on my Wii. Is this correct? What did I miss?
The md5 is only for Netplay. Don't worry about it.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I have it running on Dolphin smoothly on my laptop. But I'm a little confused.

Can I play Project M online (netplay) on my Wii? Or is it only compatible with a laptop/computer as of now.

KHOmega

Smash Rookie
NNID
KHOmega
3DS FC
4141-3526-6264
I'm sorry if this might be the wrong thread, but I am using the console ISO method, and everything works a-OK. One thing that doesn't work is the alternate stages. I do not get an option to change them, and holding L does not load them. Could someone provide insight on why this is happening?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I have it running on Dolphin smoothly on my laptop. But I'm a little confused.

Can I play Project M online (netplay) on my Wii? Or is it only compatible with a laptop/computer as of now.
Netplay is a computer only thing because it doesnt use servers like Wii's do.

I'm sorry if this might be the wrong thread, but I am using the console ISO method, and everything works a-OK. One thing that doesn't work is the alternate stages. I do not get an option to change them, and holding L does not load them. Could someone provide insight on why this is happening?
Alternate stage loader doesnt work on dolphin

smasher2107

Smash Rookie
If you replace the projectm folder and RSBE01.gct with the vanilla one, I believe it will work exactly like it should on console. This guide is designed with Netplay in mind, but it's really very easy to get what you want for console with a little effort.
Sorry for the question......what do you mean with the vanilla one?

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Awesome :) Quick question..

I only want it on my comp for improved textures, so Id rather the full set. Should I assume the fullset ISO builder is going to come eventually, and/or can I make it myself by replacing the RSBE and Projec tM folders with vanilla ones?

Matasano

Smash Rookie
the iso builder worked! but now i have lots of bugs like no sound effects for lucario or weird crashes when changing music, i tried to download the vanilla version to replace the files but the links on project m dont work for me =( can somebody post other links to the vanilla versions of PM 3.6?

PlainSimpleGarak

Smash Cadet
It ain't building the ISO. I got Brawl (which is NTSC and works, I used it with 3.0). I put it in the folder, rename to the thing it's supposed to, it builds for a few minutes, it says it's done, but nothing new is added to the folder. I'm at wit's end here. I've made sure every file is where it's supposed to, but nothing's working.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
It ain't building the ISO. I got Brawl (which is NTSC and works, I used it with 3.0). I put it in the folder, rename to the thing it's supposed to, it builds for a few minutes, it says it's done, but nothing new is added to the folder. I'm at wit's end here. I've made sure every file is where it's supposed to, but nothing's working.
Are you sure you have enough hard drive space? Does the builder do anything weird

IceEffect

Smash Rookie
the iso builder worked! but now i have lots of bugs like no sound effects for lucario or weird crashes when changing music, i tried to download the vanilla version to replace the files but the links on project m dont work for me =( can somebody post other links to the vanilla versions of PM 3.6?
Anyone have an answer to this? i'm getting the exact same sound bugs in matches that lucario are involved.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Got some odd issues with the Linux builder:

Code:
projectm/pf/fighter/PokeTrainer/  Doesn't Exist! continuing anyway...
projectm/pf/stage/melee/STGEMBLEM_00.pac  Doesn't Exist! continuing anyway...
And in the end it gave me the wrong MD5, e0d885930eb322c33f5417ba2a2978cd. I know the problem isn't my Brawl ISO since I've used it with previous revisions just fine, so I'm wondering if something might be wrong with the Linux builder here.

Edit: There's a fix listed on Smashladder, but it's still giving me the same errors and a different wrong MD5 again.

Last edited:

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
What causes the Lucario missing sounds bug? I haven't finished building my custom .brsar, so I don't know if it happens or not yet, but I want to be prepared because I could possibly fix it manually if I know the cause.

Top Bottom