• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Y-L

Smash Champion
Anyone able to speak to my checksum issue and why it might be different even though it seems to be working just fine.... Or is the checksum on the 1st page of this incorrect?
Checksum on page 1 is correct. You may have a different brawl iso than most people. Version differences don't matter over Netplay so I would test it online before you panic.

Same here.
Download takes 12 days.
I'm not sure why that is. Download takes 5-10 minutes for me as well as everybody else I've seen that's downloaded it.

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
Can you give it on an other website to download? (or maybe a mirror on mediafire)

Spinningpen

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure why that is. Download takes 5-10 minutes for me as well as everybody else I've seen that's downloaded it.
Problem was probably on my end of things.
Changed Country via hola unblocker and now it's working at a reasonable speed

Last edited:

Keean

Smash Rookie
Do you have enough space on your hard drive? You might need more than the bare minimum. Also do you see a ssbb.d folder?
The ssbb.d folder will appear for a second then disappear. Yes i Have enough space I have 2 terrabites

Keean

Smash Rookie
Do you have enough space on your hard drive? You might need more than the bare minimum. Also do you see a ssbb.d folder?
I just doulbe checked again. Yea the foulder appears then disappears and isn't any where on my hard drive. I'm at a loss the only reason I could play 3.0 is because someone gave me there PM ISO but my friend and I cannot make our own which sucks

Y-L

Smash Champion
I just doulbe checked again. Yea the foulder appears then disappears and isn't any where on my hard drive. I'm at a loss the only reason I could play 3.0 is because someone gave me there PM ISO but my friend and I cannot make our own which sucks
Have you tried running as administrator?

-nug-

Smash Rookie
So I have this:

Which is cool and all, but when I run the build_iso bat it runs for like 3 seconds and says it's done, and there's no PM iso in the folder either. When I try to run as admin, it says that it can't find the projectm\pf folder and to make sure it's in the same directory (it is).

Now what?

manfromthepast

Smash Rookie
I used this guide to create the iso, but I've got an issue with stamina mode and blastzones. When I set it to no blast zones it doesn't work for some reason and after a while the game will start to **** up. Anyone know what I should do to fix this?

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Why not use a newer version of Dolphin? The latest version have various speed improvements, and the ones in the OP are nearly a year old. The latest ones feature netplay as well as a built in chat.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Why not use a newer version of Dolphin? The latest version have various speed improvements, and the ones in the OP are nearly a year old. The latest ones feature netplay as well as a built in chat.
We haven't made the switch to the master branch because 1) UDP Netplay is not merged meaning the host has to port forward in order to play and 2) Wii games don't function very well on the master branch yet (no NAND sync). These are being worked on and when they're done we will be switching builds.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-notebook-Athlon-DVDSMDL-Premium/dp/B003R7LGN8

will this computer work well? or am i gonna have to overclock cpu?
No that laptop will not work well. You need a 3rd or 4th gen intel cpu at least. Don't ever overclock a laptop either.

I used this guide to create the iso, but I've got an issue with stamina mode and blastzones. When I set it to no blast zones it doesn't work for some reason and after a while the game will start to **** up. Anyone know what I should do to fix this?
On console or on Netplay?

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Could you create another python script to make the iso? Right now it's impossible to build outside of windows.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
We haven't made the switch to the master branch because 1) UDP Netplay is not merged meaning the host has to port forward in order to play and 2) Wii games don't function very well on the master branch yet (no NAND sync). These are being worked on and when they're done we will be switching builds.
Well port forwarding is easy, though most people seem to lose their minds over it, so that is understandable.

What is the benefit of a NAND sync? Wii games seem to run fine for me, but I seem to get audio issues at times. I'll roll back to the older version if need be / if games work better.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Could you create another python script to make the iso? Right now it's impossible to build outside of windows.
There's a working mac version now. Linux is still in the works.

thanks so much for putting together an offline version but it seems to be missing the .bat
Just checked and the bat is definitely in there.

Well port forwarding is easy, though most people seem to lose their minds over it, so that is understandable.

What is the benefit of a NAND sync? Wii games seem to run fine for me, but I seem to get audio issues at times. I'll roll back to the older version if need be / if games work better.
For the average user it's not very easy to set up, and not all routers will let you do it. UDP is just plug and play. We want to make it easily accessible by everybody.

I feel like the .bat is just plain not working for me.
What's wrong? It works fine for many people.

Last edited:

-nug-

Smash Rookie
What's wrong? It works fine for many people.
Well, I posted a picture above about the situation, and I really have never been so stumped. I run the .bat and one of two things happens:
Running w/o admin - runs for 12 seconds then says its completed, with no PM iso.
Running w/ admin - says it can't find the projectm\pf folder when it's in the same directory.

So idk what to do.

manfromthepast

Smash Rookie
On console or on Netplay?
I was using dolphin, but wasn't playing netplay with anyone yet.
EDIT: After trying it again it seems to work now for some reason. Wonder what the problem was the first time..

Last edited:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Trying to make it thru Mac OS. Run the builder thru python and end up with this:

os.mkdir(dst)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ssbb.d/files/fighter/captain/'
Luiss-MacBook-Pro:3 luisvallesteros$

Help pls.

Last edited:

Stingos

Smash Rookie
I used the offline builder so I could use the ISO on my wii. When I get to Pokemon Trainer in Subspace I still crash even though I shouldn't anymore in 3.5.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Well, I posted a picture above about the situation, and I really have never been so stumped. I run the .bat and one of two things happens:
Running w/o admin - runs for 12 seconds then says its completed, with no PM iso.
Running w/ admin - says it can't find the projectm\pf folder when it's in the same directory.

So idk what to do.
I feel like I've seen this problem before.. maybe try searching through the thread and I'll try to remember too.

Trying to make it thru Mac OS. Run the builder thru python and end up with this:

os.mkdir(dst)

Help pls.
I'll ask the guy who made it and look into this. Does any other mac user have this problem?

Is there anyway I can modify my files before I make the ISO to have a save that already has names pre-made so when I open it each time we can just plugin and play?
You cant netplay with a save file but if you mean offline you can use a newer version of dolphin which you can have a save file on.

I used the offline builder so I could use the ISO on my wii. When I get to Pokemon Trainer in Subspace I still crash even though I shouldn't anymore in 3.5.
Have you read the changelog? It says that there's still some crashes to do with the subspace emmisary, that might be one of them.

Stingos

Smash Rookie
Have you read the changelog? It says that there's still some crashes to do with the subspace emmisary, that might be one of them.
Yea, my problem doesn't seem to be on the list, I'll try to rebuild and hope for the best.

BravoGangUS

Smash Rookie
When I try All Star VS the characters are always Mario no matter who I pick for me or the CPU. Also the Stamina mode options don't work, it says the stage select descriptions for them instead of describing each Stamina option.

I've only experienced this with Netplay Build+Dolphin, works fine with stock 3.5+Wii

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
So I built it correctly and everything seems to be working fine... except that whenever I get to the part in subspace emissary with Lucas and Pokemon Trainer, the game crashes whenever I try to select one of the two.

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
For the Offline 3.5 Builder, I got it and it works and everything, but the save file will still not create (As in, even though upon startup It says a savefile has been created, the next time I launch it, it asks whether to create a savefile again). Any help/assistance?

Y-L

Smash Champion
When I try All Star VS the characters are always Mario no matter who I pick for me or the CPU. Also the Stamina mode options don't work, it says the stage select descriptions for them instead of describing each Stamina option.

I've only experienced this with Netplay Build+Dolphin, works fine with stock 3.5+Wii
All star works fine for me, idk. Stamina mode options work, but the text is wrong. Not sure why that is. I think it's a Dolphin thing.

So I built it correctly and everything seems to be working fine... except that whenever I get to the part in subspace emissary with Lucas and Pokemon Trainer, the game crashes whenever I try to select one of the two.
Again I'm not sure as to why this is. Do you know if this happens on console?

How do I get this to work for a physical wii?
Follow the exact same procedure but with the offline iso builder. Then use a usb loader on a homebrewed wii to run the game.

For the Offline 3.5 Builder, I got it and it works and everything, but the save file will still not create (As in, even though upon startup It says a savefile has been created, the next time I launch it, it asks whether to create a savefile again). Any help/assistance?
Don't use dolphin 4.0-652 if you want a save file. Also use the offline iso builder. Use the latest dev build if you want a save file.

Y-L

Smash Champion

os.mkdir(dst)

Help pls.
Are you sure your brawl iso is in the directory with the builder? Sounds like it's not finding your brawl iso.

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
All star works fine for me, idk. Stamina mode options work, but the text is wrong. Not sure why that is. I think it's a Dolphin thing.

Again I'm not sure as to why this is. Do you know if this happens on console?

Follow the exact same procedure but with the offline iso builder. Then use a usb loader on a homebrewed wii to run the game.

Don't use dolphin 4.0-652 if you want a save file. Also use the offline iso builder. Use the latest dev build if you want a save file.
I did some testing and I'm also getting the issue that BravoGangUS had occasionally, but with a match of the marios played All Star Mode works fine. The issues must be with dolphin.

I don't have a Wii atm, so I can't test out whether the Lucas Pokemon trainer issue is exclusively Dolphin only or what

Y-L

Smash Champion
I did some testing and I'm also getting the issue that BravoGangUS had occasionally, but with a match of the marios played All Star Mode works fine. The issues must be with dolphin.

I don't have a Wii atm, so I can't test out whether the Lucas Pokemon trainer issue is exclusively Dolphin only or what
Hmm I got the mario glitch to happen on all star.. I'll have to look into that.

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
I always have to fight against Snake after a Match, even if I win he come back.
Thats sucks, any ideas to fix this?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I always have to fight against Snake after a Match, even if I win he come back.
Thats sucks, any ideas to fix this?
This is because you're playing with a save file and not using the offline iso builder. Read the big pink text at the top of the OP.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
will this work with people who have the regular build? if not how do you create a regular build? it's been so long i forgot.

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
I keep getting the "NEW" tag on the same characters that I've used before. OCD says no. Any way to fix this? I used this ISO builder and am running the game on Dolphin 4.0.

GreenDude

Smash Cadet
Ok so:
  • I grabbed the ISO Builder [Offline Mode]
  • I grabbed the Homebrew set from the 3.5 download page
  • I took my brawl iso and put it in a new folder
  • I extracted the files into the same folder as the iso, so that everything required is in this brand new folder.
  • I deleted the old 3.0 project m from my device using WBFSManager.
  • I even reformatted it like new to make sure it had no traces of PM 3.0
  • Result: When I boot up Project M 3.5, it opens up to the 3.0 splash screen and then the screen goes black.
How the hell is it even getting the wrong splash screen. I do not understand why I cannot get this to work. I did everything right. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom