• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Will ISO Builder 3.5 work with the default builds of 3.5 from projectmgame.com? I don't need this community build stuff and don't like that it's quietly been made the default. I want the regular music and stages.

I've been having tons of desyncs with 3.5 Netplay Build. I rarely did before.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
To whoever is about to help me out, thanks in advance!

So I downloaded the PM 3.5 Netplay zip, and extracted it to it's own folder with a copy of the Brawl iso inside. I just went ahead and used the 3.5 iso builder, since that seems to be the thing to do. The extraction goes fine and dandy and it creates a nice pretty Project M community iso. I pop it in Dolphin and I'm playin' Project M!

Only problem is that it's 3.02...

I really just want to play this locally with my friend, is there any 3.5 iso builder out there that's guaranteed to work, and create a 3.5 iso?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm having an issue, I'm playing the ISO on Dolphin 4.02 (offline) and every time I play a match, Captain Falcon shows up as a challenger afterwards, whether I win, lose, or even after a "No Contest". Any ideas? Thanks
Me too, but with Sonic instead...
What you guys need to understand is that Netplay is the key focus. The reason these issues are arising is because of the code that unlocks characters on startup. That will misbehave with a save file. If you are not using your iso for netplay (are using a save file) you need to replace the RSBE01.gct with the vanilla PM 3.5 one and create your iso.

Will ISO Builder 3.5 work with the default builds of 3.5 from projectmgame.com? I don't need this community build stuff and don't like that it's quietly been made the default. I want the regular music and stages.

I've been having tons of desyncs with 3.5 Netplay Build. I rarely did before.
You shouldn't be desyncing at all unless A) you did something wrong or B) the person you're playing against did. There is no custom music or stages in this. The only thing changed was the unlock items at startup and the unlock characters.

To whoever is about to help me out, thanks in advance!

So I downloaded the PM 3.5 Netplay zip, and extracted it to it's own folder with a copy of the Brawl iso inside. I just went ahead and used the 3.5 iso builder, since that seems to be the thing to do. The extraction goes fine and dandy and it creates a nice pretty Project M community iso. I pop it in Dolphin and I'm playin' Project M!

Only problem is that it's 3.02...

I really just want to play this locally with my friend, is there any 3.5 iso builder out there that's guaranteed to work, and create a 3.5 iso?
This builder is confirmed working be me and many other people I've tested it with. Not sure why this is happening to you. You didn't change any of the files in the build folder?

I thought I made it perfectly clear that you need to replace the gct if you are using this with a save file/on console but I guess not. I'm going to reupload the whole thing with just the gct file changed for the sake of easiness for people that usb load. Please understand why the switch was made to using this modified gct: console usb loaders is not the intended audience for making the iso but I will accommodate those who do this.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
This builder is confirmed working be me and many other people I've tested it with. Not sure why this is happening to you. You didn't change any of the files in the build folder?
No sir, the only thing I've done is added the Brawl iso from my local files.
Should I go ahead and change anything in the folders? I don't think I have any save files or anything like that.

Dl zip > extract zip to empty pm3.5 folder > place Brawl v1.02 NTSC iso in pm3.5 folder > run build_iso v3.5.bat > play 3.02 > ? > play 3.5 instead of 3.02 :p

I should probably also mention that I am indeed using my computer to play the game. i5-4670k cpu and generally no framerate problems.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
No sir, the only thing I've done is added the Brawl iso from my local files.
Should I go ahead and change anything in the folders? I don't think I have any save files or anything like that.

Dl zip > extract zip to empty pm3.5 folder > place Brawl v1.02 NTSC iso in pm3.5 folder > run build_iso v3.5.bat > play 3.02 > ? > play 3.5 instead of 3.02 :p

I should probably also mention that I am indeed using my computer to play the game. i5-4670k cpu and generally no framerate problems.
Delete the old community build if you have it. That could certainly cause it. This build and the old community build have the same game id.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Delete the old community build if you have it. That could certainly cause it. This build and the old community build have the same game id.
Community build? I have my 3.02 iso in another folder on the same drive if that's what you mean, but this is in an entirely different folder, completely independent of the folder with 3.02. Where does the iso builder look for this community build?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Community build? I have my 3.02 iso in another folder on the same drive if that's what you mean, but this is in an entirely different folder, completely independent of the folder with 3.02. Where does the iso builder look for this community build?
Try on dolphin view->purge cache.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
You shouldn't be desyncing at all unless A) you did something wrong or B) the person you're playing against did. There is no custom music or stages in this. The only thing changed was the unlock items at startup and the unlock characters.
I may have messed something up. I rebuilt it, and now the custom sound is gone (if there ever was any) but there are still custom stages and I get lots of desyncs. Smashville and Battlefield are the "less lag" versions which I don't want or need. I used the same ISO for netplay and for my Wii for 3.02 and wanted to do the same with 3.5, but it's not a big deal I suppose. I can use the builder you're uploading now for that.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I may have messed something up. I rebuilt it, and now the custom sound is gone (if there ever was any) but there are still custom stages and I get lots of desyncs. Smashville and Battlefield are the "less lag" versions which I don't want or need. I used the same ISO for netplay and for my Wii for 3.02 and wanted to do the same with 3.5, but it's not a big deal I suppose. I can use the builder you're uploading now for that.
Sounds like you have insert sd card turned on. I was kind of left out of the netplay build design and they made some really poor choices that I don't agree with. Offline iso builder is currently uploading right now.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
It didn't work. It seems that the builder is quite simply just making a 3.02 image...

Indeed the checksum is aae877b651f9bf988860535a7364a38b. I really don't understand why it's doing this - the files all seem to be the right ones, but for some reason my computer just decides to make a 3.02 iso out of 3.5 files?

To confuse matters even further, my original 3.02 iso has a checksum of 4f1f5714debe6679513558807e29a8be, so... wut?

Last edited:

Vanillascout

Smash Cadet
Is there any alternative way of getting the iso builder?

The mediafire download is taking literally forever (13 hours is the lowest I've seen, but it keeps failing and showing a different figure (up to 10 days :v) each time I try to start the dl again), and the only alternative I've found is a torrent of the full PM3.5 iso, which has no seeds (so that's gonna take years to dl as well).

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Is there any alternative way of getting the iso builder?

The mediafire download is taking literally forever (13 hours is the lowest I've seen) and keeps failing, and the only alternative I've found is a torrent of the full PM3.5 iso, which has no seeds (so that's gonna take years to dl as well).
I would offer to send you mine, but it just simply isn't working.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
When playing alone (no save) it works perfectly. Haven't tried netplay yet, but I have a feeling I will sometime today.

Y-L

Smash Champion
The new iso builder for console use only has been added to the OP. Please do not use this version on Netplay, and vice versa, do not use the Netplay version on console.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
How exactly did you make it? Did you build an iso? if so, where did you download the files?
I downloaded the ISO builder from the OP, extracted it to an empty folder on my desktop, put the Brawl iso in the folder, then ran the builder. Once it was done, I had the PM iso. Booted that PM iso up using Dolphin 4.0.2 and voila.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
It didn't work. It seems that the builder is quite simply just making a 3.02 image...

Indeed the checksum is aae877b651f9bf988860535a7364a38b. I really don't understand why it's doing this - the files all seem to be the right ones, but for some reason my computer just decides to make a 3.02 iso out of 3.5 files?

To confuse matters even further, my original 3.02 iso has a checksum of 4f1f5714debe6679513558807e29a8be, so... wut?
Well that 4f1f is the correct checksum so it seems you just got the two mixed up.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Well that 4f1f is the correct checksum so it seems you just got the two mixed up.
Yet neither play 3.5... I try removing both paths for PM and PM3.5, purge cache, drag one iso in (it plays 3.02), purge cache again and drag the other in to the same effect.

If I download the console version iso builder, will that work on the PC? I'd imagine so, so I'll just get started on that.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yet neither play 3.5... I try removing both paths for PM and PM3.5, purge cache, drag one iso in (it plays 3.02), purge cache again and drag the other in to the same effect.

If I download the console version iso builder, will that work on the PC? I'd imagine so, so I'll just get started on that.
It will but not on Netplay. Not so fast though. It appears that your original 3.02 iso is actually your 3.5 iso and vice versa. Your "original 3.02" one has the md5 for 3.5.

Vanillascout

Smash Cadet
ok so I have the actual iso builder .bat, but none of the other files. Where do I get those?

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
It will but not on Netplay. Not so fast though. It appears that your original 3.02 iso is actually your 3.5 iso and vice versa. Your "original 3.02" one has the md5 for 3.5.
As i said though, neither play 3.5. Unless they just didn't update the load screen to say 3.5.

Y-L

Smash Champion
As i said though, neither play 3.5. Unless they just didn't update the load screen to say 3.5.
That makes no sense. If you have the correct md5 for 3.5, the files must be of 3.5. If I were you, I would get rid of everything 3.02 related and started with just a brawl iso and the builder, refresh the dolphin directory, and check your md5.

ok so I have the actual iso builder .bat, but none of the other files. Where do I get those?
They should come in the iso builder. Download it in the OP.

Last edited:

Vanillascout

Smash Cadet
Not gonna happen. As I mentioned earlier, that download just doesn't work for me. First of all it downloads at like 5KB/s (on my connection which usually downloads 3MB/s without breaking a sweat), and just ****s itself and auto-cancels about 5 minutes in (of the predicted 8-20 hours it will take to fully download), leaving me to start the download from scratch again.

If it actually downloaded properly I wouldn't be asking for alternatives.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
That makes no sense. If you have the correct md5 for 3.5, the files must be of 3.5. If I were you, I would get rid of everything 3.02 related and started with just a brawl iso and the builder, refresh the dolphin directory, and check your md5.

I'll give this a shot if the non-netplay doesn't work.

Keean

Smash Rookie
I only have one problem with this, When I install the Project M Iso put my Brawl Io in there an run the Builder Nothing happens I do not recive the new Iso or anything this is the error I'm getting. "Rebuilding [Project M 3.5 Netplay Build] as iso...
0 [main] wit 17496 find_fast_cwd: WARNING couldn't compute FAST_CWD point." After that it says "All done!" And it closes and I have no ISO file. No idea whats wrong but would like to get it fixed.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Not gonna happen. As I mentioned earlier, that download just doesn't work for me. First of all it downloads at like 5KB/s (on my connection which usually downloads 3MB/s without breaking a sweat), and just ****s itself and auto-cancels about 5 minutes in (of the predicted 8-20 hours it will take to fully download), leaving me to start the download from scratch again.

If it actually downloaded properly I wouldn't be asking for alternatives.
Well for Netplay there's 2 stages changed slightly which will effect desyncs if you don't have them. If you only care about playing on console, you can ask someone to send you all of the files minus the projectm folder then add in the one from vanilla 3.5.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I only have one problem with this, When I install the Project M Iso put my Brawl Io in there an run the Builder Nothing happens I do not recive the new Iso or anything this is the error I'm getting. "Rebuilding [Project M 3.5 Netplay Build] as iso...
0 [main] wit 17496 find_fast_cwd: WARNING couldn't compute FAST_CWD point." After that it says "All done!" And it closes and I have no ISO file. No idea whats wrong but would like to get it fixed.
Do you have enough space on your hard drive? You might need more than the bare minimum. Also do you see a ssbb.d folder?

flatspotting

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone...

I am having some MD5 issues with 3.5 and I am not exactly sure why. I am starting with a vanilla 1.0.2 Brawl ISO (Old project M is long gone and deleted starting 100% fresh from this).

So I have that ISO, I Download the new Project M 3.5 Netplay Build - put my ISO in the folder and run the .bat

At the end of it all, my ISO has a checksum of

"aae877b651f9bf988860535a7364a38b"

Yet the guide found on these forums says it should be

"4b4e034a9b984aed663f00cc155c18cd"

Can anyone help?

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Alright well... my old version of Dolphin runs the game as 3.5 when the 4.02 does not. I'm having controller issues in old dolphin though, so I'd love to resolve this...

The same iso that I dragged into 4.02 runs as 3.5 on older dolphin. So what settings do I need to tweak to fix this?
Should I just get another 4.02 and install it somewhere else?

Wow so an ENTIRELY different folder with dolphin in it STILL runs this 3.5 (confrimed 3.5) iso as 3.02.

*****FIXED*****

Under Wii settings, I unchecked 'insert SD card'

>.>
<.<

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

Vanillascout

Smash Cadet
Well for Netplay there's 2 stages changed slightly which will effect desyncs if you don't have them. If you only care about playing on console, you can ask someone to send you all of the files minus the projectm folder then add in the one from vanilla 3.5.
I want it for netplay on dolphin.

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what to tell you.. You need all the files. No one else has had any problems downloading it.
I have the same problem, the download takes about 20 hours.

And no, its not because my internet is slow. I have 100mb/s with Lan and I could download the PMHomebrew.zip (50mb) in 4secs. The iso builder takes 1kb/s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom