• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So guys, if you're internet is crappy and you get disconnected from the battle, does it make you go lower on the ladder on PO or what?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It was freaking Hamachi :mad:

EDIT:

Another question

Lets say you have Rain out and a Ttar comes in at low health to try and neutralize it. It dies due entry hazards and dies before the turn is over. Sand doesn't come in right?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have AR questions: One, will ARDSi work on Dslite? Two, can I use AR to make perfect "legit" pokes? Three, can I use AR to make the event guy who hands out my Mew/Suicune have desired nature/stats? Fourth and last, where is best for codes? Thanks in advance, as I,m done breeding.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yes, yes, and it'd probably be easier to just hack it.
You probably want to look into pokesav.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Pokesav looked really uber hard to do when I looked into it.

Also, does anyone know how to get Serebii's chat to work. Wanna try and get the three shiny dogs I missed :/

It looks like if I want to hack events I'll need Pokesav, but for getting good Ivs on basic Pokemon, it seems AR would be easier.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh look 21 days since last post, hope it's safe to post.

Anyways I have a MIGHTY NEED! To replay Soul Silver again and jump into the competitive scene ever since my old DS/SS was stolen around August last year. But lost motivation to retry all this EV/IV stuff, training so many pokemon, recreate teams, and get pokemon with egg moves, and was thinking of just starting a new file once B/W came out which is March 6th

Basically sorta asking, WHO WANTS TO HELP!? With atleast just the eggmoves and pokemon I need since my Diamond version was also stolen so can't trade from that, OR give me a download of Pokesav and maybe a video to guide me (inb4googleit) for like level 1 pokemon with the stuff I need and release them once I have the eggs/EVs/IVs/Moves/Pokerus. I don't like having haxed stuff but sometimes AR or Pokesav is needed for stuff like getting enough BP's for the items..

And if anyone was going to type this down before reading this last part, I do indeed have Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald/Leafgreen but 3 of them are basically at the 1st gym still while LG hasn't defeated the Elite Four, so cannot Migrate any "Good" pokemon.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this threat is specifically for the games but I had a TCG related question. If anyone is familiar with the card Tangrowth lvl x from the Platinum Arceus expansion, i'm making a deck revolving around Tangela/Tangrowth from the new Call of Legends expansion and going to add that lvl x in there as well. Seeing as the deck works around gathering energy and keeping Tangrowth alive until needed, does anyone know of any cards I can put in that deck to make it work better?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Forretress (Undaunted 3) is apparently named "Forretress 3/90" by fans and whatever. When is this notation used? Is it because there's more than one Forretress in Undaunted 3? I'm guessing the "3" is from the set, and "90" is the number of HP?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Wave: It's probably just known as just Forretress UD tbh. The reason the notation 3/90 is used is because it's the third card in the Undaunted set which has 90 cards in it.

Moon of the Strawberries: tangrowth can be a pretty good, especially with support of ground form Shaymin lvX from the platinum expansion. It's thankfulness body increased the hp of all grass types by 40. Paired with Tangrowth X's healing abilities, and various other cards to help the tangrowth from being taken down (pokehealers, life herbs, blissey platinum etc).

Can't really give better advice than that tbh, not a great rogue player myself but if you go to sixprizes's forums or something like that for more advice.

ComboFest

Smash Lord
I think i am ********.
I recently started playing pokemon, and i keep running into players that do some move that boosts evasion and then he subs and batonpasses into a sweeper and i get destroyed. Someone teach me.

The first team i made was a Stall team
That consists of: mostly all ubers.

Should i play with OU pokemon? Or does it not matter?

M.K

Level 55
Any move that alters evasion is banned in Pokemon except Acupressure, which only has a 1/7 chance of raising evasiveness, so.....that shouldn't be a problem in the OU metagame.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Inconsistent is being tested in Ubers. It's banned in OU though, so that's why you saw inconsistent smeargle.

Stick to OU, it's the best place to learn how to play. And don't start with stall, as it's **** hard to make a stall team if you barely know the basics.

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Inconsistent is being tested in Ubers. It's banned in OU though, so that's why you saw inconsistent smeargle.

Stick to OU, it's the best place to learn how to play. And don't start with stall, as it's **** hard to make a stall team if you barely know the basics.
Lol do you think i should change roton with some other pokemon? Maybe a dragonite or change my starmie to something else as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So random question, is the card game completely dead? Also, to play competitively are you forced to use top tiers to compete?
TCG is nonexistent here. I dunno about other sites, but Smogon has a fair TCG crowd if I recall correctly.

You don't have to use "the best" Pokemon to compete. And if you're referring to just tiering, there are plenty of other metagames such as Little Cup, Ubers, etc.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I should have clarified, i mean on the actually DS game as far as using top tier characters ( your answer still may be the same though)

Also, i am a noob to all this so, what do you mean Little cup, ubers and all that?

Tamoo

Smash Master
So random question, is the card game completely dead? Also, to play competitively are you forced to use top tiers to compete?
Hey, come over to sixprizes, I mod there and it's a pretty good site with loads of articles

And no it's definitely not dead, there's a very committed organised play that hosts tournaments all year round depending on where you're from. In fact, one of the most important couple of weeks in the TCG year starts next weekend in terms of tournaments.

You don't necessarily need to use top tier decks ofcourse, but there are decks that win a lot more than others at the same time. In fact, a deck that hadn't even been considered seriously before went 8-0 at the most recent major European tournament, and last year's world championships saw a totally new deck come in 5th place so there is always scope for upsets :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I should have clarified, i mean on the actually DS game as far as using top tier characters ( your answer still may be the same though)

Also, i am a noob to all this so, what do you mean Little cup, ubers and all that?
Typically, anything goes in-game, but I guess you could say the OverUsed Pokemon would be ideal. Smogon has an in-game tier list for Black / White, if you're interested.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79041

Little Cup is a metagame where all Pokemon are level 5, and the only Pokemon that can be used are Pokemon who can evolve but have not yet evolved.
For more information check out: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/little_cup_guide

Ubers is a metagame for the Pokemon deemed "too strong" for standard play. Pokemon such as Kyogre, Reshiram, Rayquaza, and many others reside here.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
With B/W does gliscor get bumped up to being better?

As far as i can tell hes got better typing now with ground being resistant to rock attacks now. As well as a nice new flying move Acrobatics with an BP of 110 when hes not holding an item. Granted it wont make up for his weakness to water and ice. but it seems like its a ton better then before.

-Ran

Smash Master
I saw him, but unfortunately to get his Spore you need to get him to level 62. By the time I'd have him leveled that far, I'd have beaten the game which will allow me to access my old hunter.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
With B/W does gliscor get bumped up to being better?

As far as i can tell hes got better typing now with ground being resistant to rock attacks now. As well as a nice new flying move Acrobatics with an BP of 110 when hes not holding an item. Granted it wont make up for his weakness to water and ice. but it seems like its a ton better then before.
Ground-type has always resisted Rock-type.

Dream World Gliscor has Poison Heal, which is a neat set to run something like Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal | Fling | Acrobat.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ground-type has always resisted Rock-type.

Dream World Gliscor has Poison Heal, which is a neat set to run something like Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal | Fling | Acrobat.
You sure? cause i remember gliscor taking super effective hits from stone edge when i was playing HG. When i fought a gligar and hit it with rockslide on white, it took neutral damage. Though maybe i'm remembering it wrong... oh well.

Also, sturdy + explosion is so broken now...

Top Bottom