• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You guys are unbelievable. Is it so incredibly hard to admit fault every once in a while?

I'm going to assume that link has all of the sprites out there so far, since I'm sure they would have added Psyduck if they had it.
I can't say this is correct... but I do know for a fact it is the largest animated sprite index on the internet. You won't find a single place with more sprites than it. It might not have all the animated sprites that are out there, but it's easier to find what they got there

JOE!

Smash Hero
got an odd question:

would it be possible to do this:

(Huntail) uses Shell break, then Baton pass's it's boosts to (Blaziken)

(Blaziken) raises speed more, then maybe somethign else, then baton passes it's boosts + SHell Break still onto somethign that would appreciate it

can one chain boosts like that?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
got an odd question:

would it be possible to do this:

(Huntail) uses Shell break, then Baton pass's it's boosts to (Blaziken)

(Blaziken) raises speed more, then maybe somethign else, then baton passes it's boosts + SHell Break still onto somethign that would appreciate it

can one chain boosts like that?
Yes, you can. **** ninjas.

But the chances of ever being able to pull off something like that is nigh impossible when considering how frail Blaziken is BEFORE the negatives from Shell Break.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
White Herb. And running Max HP/split defensive EVs since he'll have so much speed anyway he doesn't need to invest in speed.

Arguably passing a Shell Smash to a 252atk/252spatk/4 spe blaziken would be enough to destroy anything.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao spense, i wanna see your creativity man. my team building process is so boring compared to urs. im too methodical and analyze popular trends in metagame and finding counters in pokemon that i like

rather than just coming up with a crazy team idea using pokemon that i like

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Whatever happened to something about Gastrodon being better than Swampert in this gen or something?
Gastrodon has 111 / 68 / 82 defenses as opposed to Swamper's 100 / 90 / 90. Neither of them have Stealth Rock anymore, Gastrodon has Recover, and Storm Drain got an excellent boost. Storm Drain now gives an immunity to Water-type attacks alongside a +1 Sp. Atk. boost. Gastrodon has another immunity, reliable recovery, and a way to boost that awesome Boiling Water and Earth Power. Gastrodon also has a higher base Sp. Atk. stat.

I mean, Swampert has that Torrent for a last-minute, powerful Waterfall or something, but.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
What I love about that is the fact that they gave the Damp ability to a Pokemon who would have absolutely loved having it in Gen IV, and then they proceeded to make the ability almost completely useless this Gen.

Talk about a bunch of ****ing teasers.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Anyone know how to RNG in HG/SS?

Or should I try it on D/P? Tried it once before on DP, but that Poketch tapping is just... hargleblargle.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Anyone know how to RNG in HG/SS?

Or should I try it on D/P? Tried it once before on DP, but that Poketch tapping is just... hargleblargle.
RNGing in HG/SS is done using the same process as in the other versions, really. Though, I'd still use a program to help with that. I'm sure there are RNG calcs out there for HG/SS.

What I'd like to know, is if it's possible to RNG in B/W, and if so, is it done using more-or-less the same method?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Maybe I should rephrase my question or something.

Does anyone have a tutorial that'll help me learn how to RNG in HG/SS?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
What I love about that is the fact that they gave the Damp ability to a Pokemon who would have absolutely loved having it in Gen IV, and then they proceeded to make the ability almost completely useless this Gen.

Talk about a bunch of ****ing teasers.
They trolled parasect by giving him damp, he is now officially incurable.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Maybe I should rephrase my question or something.

Does anyone have a tutorial that'll help me learn how to RNG in HG/SS?
There's always sites like projectpokemon and Youtube, if that helps. Unless you're looking for someone on these boards specifically who knows how to do it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm quite hesitant in my current predicament. D: If I stop my Pokemon from evolving so they can learn more moves first, do they evolve later on? If so, do they reach a point where they evolve without the ability to stop them? If you can stop them, is there a point where they won't try to evolve prior to level 100?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm quite hesitant in my current predicament. D: If I stop my Pokemon from evolving so they can learn more moves first, do they evolve later on? If so, do they reach a point where they evolve without the ability to stop them? If you can stop them, is there a point where they won't try to evolve prior to level 100?
If a Pokemon is cancelled from evolution, every subsequent level the Pokemon will try to evolve, meaning if you're trying to keep it unevolved to reach a move or so that's perfectly fine since the Pokemon willl try to evolve every level.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you stop a Pokémon from evolving, they'll keep trying to evolve each and every time they grow a level. The only thing that will prevent them from trying to evolve is them holding an Everstone.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I have a question.. is it true that if you have an aron at lv1 and someone hits it and is going to kill it then sturdy will kick in and let you live, then you can use endeavor or w.e and heal with leftovers? Because i watched a video of someone useing that tactic and im just now getting back into the game and i thought the only time sturdy can kick in is if they use something like fissure or something. Oh and can he heal with leftovers because the guy i watched used shell bell and i just thought leftovers was a better choice.

Hope to get some answers soon

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I have a question.. is it true that if you have an aron at lv1 and someone hits it and is going to kill it then sturdy will kick in and let you live, then you can use endeavor or w.e and heal with leftovers? Because i watched a video of someone useing that tactic and im just now getting back into the game and i thought the only time sturdy can kick in is if they use something like fissure or something. Oh and can he heal with leftovers because the guy i watched used shell bell and i just thought leftovers was a better choice.

Hope to get some answers soon
In Generation V, Sturdy allows a Pokemon to survive a would-be OHKO attack (read: attack, not move) as long as the Pokemon is at full HP. Essentially an ability form of Focus Sash, which can be reusable if the Pokemon returns back to full health.

In Aron's scenario, Aron survives the hit with Sturdy and uses Endeavor, bringing the target down to 1HP, which could subsequently be knocked out by Sandstorm.

Welcome back, Lv100.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Ty for the advice and the welcome back :) Im actually thinking about changeing my name again lol. My name for awhile now on other games have been yeldarB which is just my name (Bradley) spelt backwards, a lot of people like the name and i seem to like it alot, its my name and sounds like a username lol. I do like hot wings but.. kinda grown out of it because of some things that happened in other games with my name being hot wings (wont go into detail lol) I will always still tell people that they can call me hot wings or lv100, it sjust w.e lol.

But yeah again thank you so much, i cant wait until B/W version comes out and ima make a beast SS team. I used to run beastly SS teams in 4th gen but.. i think ima wait to get back into pokemon until 5th gen. Well at least competitvely.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
BTW, Leftovers heals only 6.25% health.
Shell bell heals like... 6.25% of damage dealt or something.

It ONLY works will Shell Bell, and will not work with leftovers.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
How would I go chain breeding to get a Gen II Rhyhorn to have Reversal? I have been looking on bulbapeida and it says its possible but I don't understand how to go about doing this.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Does anyone know where I can find the list of all the pokemon that have been released in the Dream World?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I'm trying to breed pokemon but its taking a while. I heard having a slugma in your team can cut the number of steps needed to hatch pokemon in half. But which ability does the slugma need to have? Magma armor or flame body?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Magma Armor halves egg steps also. So if you have a Slugma, it doesn't matter what ability you have.

Also, if you're playing Gen V, you can use Hitomoshi with Flame Body instead.

Top Bottom