• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I used Expert Belt TTar (to fake CB) With EQ/SE/Pursuit/Flamethrower, lure in Nat and BAM.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
It would take a pretty good SpAtk investment to KO nat with flamethrower though, wouldn't it?

Even though it's x4 it has good mixed defensive stats...

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was wondering if anyone wanted my Infernape Lv. 100 (male) from my pokemon platinum game. It knows Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Blast Burn, and Calm Mind. It is not shiny, so sorry.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
At 31 IVs, 252 EVs and Adamant nature (+Att -Sp. Att), what is an Azurill's attack stat equivalent to?
If what you're wondering is what its base stat equivalent is, it's equivalent to a base 89 Attack stat under the same "settings".

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
If you compare it to Gligar/Cranidos, no.

Just use an Agility Mantyke paired up with diglett for sweeping and trapping in little cup. =D

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
He did already, fact is most of us aren't interested in wifi......
I'm interested in wi-fi. Hell, for all I know, I'm probably the only yahoo on the Pokéboards who never touched any PC Pokémon simulators, sticking exclusively to handheld play. XD

No wonder there's no one around requesting wi-fi battles, because the lot of you guys do it over that Shoddy stuff, or whatever it's called. Blah! :p

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in wi-fi. Hell, for all I know, I'm probably the only yahoo on the Pokéboards who never touched any PC Pokémon simulators, sticking exclusively to handheld play. XD

No wonder there's no one around requesting wi-fi battles, because the lot of you guys do it over that Shoddy stuff, or whatever it's called. Blah! :p
I use PBR's online to battle people.

Tamoo

Smash Master
It's a reaaaaallly bad game, it's essentially the price of a normal game and all you get is a slow *** online battle system, the actual game itself is mindnumbingly boring

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I still think Pokemon Stadium was the greatest battle sim of all time.
I dunno, I'd say Pokémon Stadium 2, unless you meant both the first and second one. For me, the Stadium games had that initial "wow" factor while the others just seem to try too hard to capture the innovation the Stadium series brought. That's how I feel. Let's just hope the console game for Black/White won't disappoint.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yeah man.

There was a japan-only prequel one that didn't even have all 150 and all the moves were in japanese so i had to recognize them based on type and pp, but that **** was so cool.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Does anyone know when Pokemon Movie 13: Phantom Champion Zoroark comes out?

Edit: I've also seen it called Illusion King: Zoroark.
I'm not exactly sure. A safe bet would be sometime near spring before the release of Black/White. That way, Nintendo can release the event Celebi and legendary beasts. Of course, I could be wrong. Regardless, I'd like to see the movie myself.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Is there a thread for Evo Stone discussion? I think it's worth discussing. There's a few Pokemon that could potentially be better than their evolved forms. Chansey would have slightly less HP and Defense than Blissey and a lot more Special Defense, for example. Obviously Chansey is inferior since it would have to run Seismic Toss due to it's horrid SpA and it wouldn't have Leftovers. Dusclops and Munchlax look interesting, though. A lot of NFE Pokemon may be able to move up.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
so I just started getting into pokemon, ya 10 years late. I just started a blue file. ive only been playing for about 3 hours now and have 3 badges, thunder, the rock 1, and the cascade badge, but i dont know where to go from there..

can any1 help lol?

EDIT: and can any1 tell me y my wartortle hasnt evolved yet? hes like lvl 32

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
so I just started getting into pokemon, ya 10 years late. I just started a blue file. ive only been playing for about 3 hours now and have 3 badges, thunder, the rock 1, and the cascade badge, but i dont know where to go from there..

can any1 help lol?

EDIT: and can any1 tell me y my wartortle hasnt evolved yet? hes like lvl 32
Wartorte evolves at level 36.

Also your next stop should be Celadon City for the Rainbow Badge, if memory serves me well. You need to go through a cave (forget the name) located east of Cerulean City.

Still, you can also go to GameFAQs for walkthroughs: they've tons of those. Hope that helps. :3

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Wartorte evolves at level 36.

Also your next stop should be Celadon City for the Rainbow Badge, if memory serves me well. You need to go through a cave (forget the name) located east of Cerulean City.

Still, you can also go to GameFAQs for walkthroughs: they've tons of those. Hope that helps. :3
alright thanks. ya my wartortle, jeff (lol), is lvl 35.

would that cave be the rock tunnel by any chance?

EDIT: im in lavender town -_- i hate the rock tunnel

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
alright thanks. ya my wartortle, jeff (lol), is lvl 35.

would that cave be the rock tunnel by any chance?
That's the name I was looking for: Rock Tunnel. I was thinking, "should I say 'Rock Tunnel'? What if I'm wrong?", then I figured I turn on my SoulSilver to double-check... but I was ultimately lazy. XD

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
As far as I can tell, there's nothing with more than two 4x weaknesses. And there are a lot of those.

Fire / Steel boasts the most 1/4 resistances, with 4.

Top Bottom