• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
In gen I , I'm pretty sure Grass/Bug was 4x weak to Fire, Poison, and Flying.
Wow! You're right. I forgot about that. On that note, Fire was not resistant to Ice, and for some odd reason, Psychic-types were immune to Ghost... not that there were any Ghost-type moves worth using in Gen I outside of (maybe) Night Shade. XD

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Wow! You're right. I forgot about that. On that note, Fire was not resistant to Ice, and for some odd reason, Psychic-types were immune to Ghost... not that there were any Ghost-type moves worth using in Gen I outside of (maybe) Night Shade. XD
Psychic was weak to only bug types in Gen 1, meaning that they were only weak to leach life and twin needle.

Anyway, why does everybody use fire blast over flamethrower? Is the power boost really worth the accuracy drop?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Anyway, why does everybody use fire blast over flamethrower? Is the power boost really worth the accuracy drop?
Compare it to the worst move in the game - Stone Edge.

Fire Blast gets 20 more base power with the additional 5 more accuracy. I'd say it's totally worth it. Besides, Fire Misses aren't necessarily as painful to see as Stone Miss, which misses. And if you're clutched over a Fire Blast miss, then that could happen with any move that lacks 100% accuracy.

Or Garchomp. Fricking Garchomp.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
On top of that, certain Pokémon needs the Pwr of Fire Blast to score important 1-2HKOs that they otherwise couldn't get with Flamethrower. I'd say 85 Acc isn't so bad. Granted, misses will occur when you don't want them to, but a 15% miss rate shouldn't deter anyone from going with Fire Blast.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think the damage formulas changed, did they? So Smogon's should still work?

Also, what happened to Libelldra?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm on PO and I'm trying to make a Victini set that has V-Generate, but I can't find the move in the list, nor can I see any moves with 180 power.

Help?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nobody knows how Victini learns V-Generate, so it's not on the list.

It's like Icicle Spear in R/S. Nobody has it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** it, that's such a ******** thing. I don't get why even though it's programmed into the game and a pokemon CAN learn it one way or another that it doesn't mean that it can't be legal. Like Arceus, I mean, it's pretty freaking ******** just because he wasn't out (even though he's programmed into teh game) that he was banned >_>

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's ******** that we can't use what is impossible to obtain?

Might as well break out the WonderTomb.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
lolwondertomb.

why not just give wonder guard to something a little more threatening...like Kingdra.

In rain.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Again, as long as it's programmed in the game without you modifying it to be hacked or anything, I say go for it

Though that'd likely be banned just sayain

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[COLOR="Red"Again, as long as it's programmed in the game without you modifying it to be hacked or anything, I say go for it

Though that'd likely be banned just sayain[/COLOR]
Yeah, because non-level 100 Arceus and Azure Flutes TOTALLY EXIST without hacking.

HURRRR

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wave, you didn't understand me. I know you can't get Arceus nor the Azure Flute without having to hack it before, but what I meant was that as long as it doesn't get any modifications (i.e. Swift Swim acting as a Magic Guard because you made it do so by hacking) then I'm fine with it because it was programmed into the game in the first place by the developers

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You have to hack the game to get an Azure Flute.

You have to hack the game to get a WonderTomb.

What is the difference?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF SO MUCH STUPIDITY

As long as it's programmed in the game, I say go for it
No, it's PRETTY obvious that Victini will eventually get V-Generate, but there is no proof that it does or EVER will. It might NEVER be possible to get V-Generate Victini

Yeah, because non-level 100 Arceus and Azure Flutes TOTALLY EXIST without hacking.

HURRRR
The level means nothing anymore, new B/W items allow you to max your EVs regardless of level. Level 100 Arceus means no different from Azure Flute Arceus.

Wave, you didn't understand me. I know you can't get Arceus nor the Azure Flute without having to hack it before, but what I meant was that as long as it doesn't get any modifications (i.e. Swift Swim acting as a Magic Guard because you made it do so by hacking) then I'm fine with it because it was programmed into the game in the first place by the developers
>implying you need to hack for Arceus
>implying the Arceus we even have are even programmed into the game. <3 Mystery Gift.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wave, you're not getting my point at all

If you can get it through hacking, I say it's ok IF IT WAS PROGRAMMED INTO THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE BY THE DEVELOPERS

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

If you can get it through hacking, I say it's ok IF IT WAS PROGRAMMED INTO THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE BY THE DEVELOPERS
Why is that distinction made? It's hacking. Period. That's like saying murdering Hitler is different from murdering your elementary school teacher. It's the same thing. You're taking someone's life or hacking the game.
The level means nothing anymore, new B/W items allow you to max your EVs regardless of level. Level 100 Arceus means no different from Azure Flute Arceus.
I didn't know you could get B/W items in gen IV. Before B/W came out. A year ago.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

V-Generate Victini wasn't programmed in by the developers.

V-Generate was.
And Victini was.

But NOT V-Generate Victini.

It doesn't exist. AT ALL. IT IS AL LEGAL AS WONDERTOMB IS, NO, LESS LEGAL, BECAUSE AT LEAST WONDERGUARD IS ON ANY POKEMON AT ALL. *more beating into your head*

Why is that distinction made? It's hacking. Period. That's like saying murdering Hitler is different from murdering your elementary school teacher. It's the same thing. You're taking someone's life or hacking the game.I didn't know you could get B/W items in gen IV. Before B/W came out. A year ago.
He's talking about Victini, which means this discussion is on Gen V. Therefore, Gen V and Gen V only applies here.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
He's talking about Victini, which means this discussion is on Gen V. Therefore, Gen V and Gen V only applies here.
We're comparing Victini with gen IV Arceus. There's no reason for it to be restricted to one generation.

M.K

Level 55
This is a Question and Answer topic. Use the Snorlax Room to carry out large discussions about things, but this is not the place to do it. Anybody who continues to post anything besides a) A question b) An answer to that question will be infracted.

Firus has warned you guys once before. Please carry out discussions in their appropriate area.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Whatever

Ok, so I have

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Timid / Serene Grace
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Psycho Shock
Thunderbolt
Substitute

Can someone give me a better set?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This is a Question and Answer topic. Use the Snorlax Room to carry out large discussions about things, but this is not the place to do it. Anybody who continues to post anything besides a) A question b) An answer to that question will be infracted.

Firus has warned you guys once before. Please carry out discussions in their appropriate area.
We were on a topic related to one of Fuel's question and telling him why he is wrong, etc.

We were completely on topic.

I know you must have a yearning to infract or something, but really look before you leap. Don't tell us to stay on topic when we were on topic anyways.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
YES, ULTI, CONTINUE TO POST OFF-TOPIC **** AFTER HE WARNED YOU

Question: is there anywhere I can find all of the animate gen V sprites?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We were on a topic related to one of Fuel's question and telling him why he is wrong, etc.

We were completely on topic.

I know you must have a yearning to infract or something, but really look before you leap. Don't tell us to stay on topic when we were on topic anyways.
He didn't say off-topic anywhere, and he's not infraction-happy, so don't put him in either role. As he said, I've said something like this before and since I said nothing about actually enforcing it and just asked nicely, you guys pretty much ignored me.

The point is that it is a Question and Answer topic, and the majority of the posts in this thread tend to be discussions launching off of the questions. Off-topic or not, it makes it very hard for anyone else to ask a question because it'll get lost in the fray of discussion.

Furthermore, Fuelbi asked why he couldn't put V-Generate on Victini. Discussing the morality of having V-Generate on Victini despite not being programmed into the game that way is related to the question but isn't really serving to answer it.

Point is, keep this topic so people can post questions and get answers, Snorlax Room / Black & White Thread can easily continue discussions if you want. Posting in a discussion manner to expand on an answer someone else gave or correct any inaccuracies in their answer is fine, but don't go overboard.

If you want to continue this discussion further, take it up through PMs/VMs with MK or myself.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Psyduck is missing :V
What do you not understand about posting questions or posting answers to questions? That is neither. Ugh.

Anyway - If Zoroark uses Illusion on the would-be switch-in, what happens if the would-be switch-in was Ditto? Does Eccentric's effect calculate into Zoroark's Illusion, making him appear as the same Pokemon, or would he just become Ditto?

Edit - Fuelbi, note the sprite count on the page is only in the 400's.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You guys are unbelievable. Is it so incredibly hard to admit fault every once in a while?

I'm going to assume that link has all of the sprites out there so far, since I'm sure they would have added Psyduck if they had it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Anyway - If Zoroark uses Illusion on the would-be switch-in, what happens if the would-be switch-in was Ditto? Does Eccentric's effect calculate into Zoroark's Illusion, making him appear as the same Pokemon, or would he just become Ditto?
If Illusion is active, Eccentric (and by extension, Transform) will fail. So if you switch Eccentric Ditto, or have Mew use Transform, and they fail to change, then you know the opponent's a Zoroark in disguise.

Top Bottom