• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
officially belonging to Nintendo...dont all the characters in Smash belong to Nintendo aside from 3rd parties??? w/e
also, assuming by "secret characters", u mean unlockable. well, if 3rd parties were the only ones unlockable, then that would mean there would only be 3 chars u must unlock...but if my assumption is wrong, w/e again
n if u dont hear people talking about Marth being back in...u should see the Ike vs Marth stuff.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
officially belonging to Nintendo...dont all the characters in Smash belong to Nintendo aside from 3rd parties??? w/e
also, assuming by "secret characters", u mean unlockable. well, if 3rd parties were the only ones unlockable, then that would mean there would only be 3 chars u must unlock...but if my assumption is wrong, w/e again
n if u dont hear people talking about Marth being back in...u should see the Ike vs Marth stuff.
Well, I do, but it's less of a level then the hype about Peach >>

Technically, not all of them. Characters like Viewable Joe only was in Nintendo because it was in other concels like PS2 and such. Fox and Donkey Kong did belong to Rare, but Nintendo took those characters and made them officially belong to Nintendo. Fire elmblem characters always belong with Nintendo. They just were only in Japan. the same with Sony and the dragon quest series.

and as for 3 unlockables, there's gonna be more then that. My guess we'll get about 7 secret characters. Characters like Sonic or Snake is gonna be one of them

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
well Luigi always belonged to Nintendo right? but he ended up an unlockable in Melee. basically im just saying therell be more unlockables than 7. Brawl is supposed to have a sh**load of characters right?
Sakurai said he's gonna let all Nintendo characters be default and all 3rd party characters be unlockables. That's gonna mean that Ike and Luigi gonna be starting characters. He's gonna mention all the unlockables as well.

And yes, we're expecting a lot of characters, but not a lot of secret characters. Sakurai confirmed to us that there isn't gonna be a huge amount of secret characters. My guess is that it's gonna be 3-7 secret characters. We might have a bunch of starting characters, but it's unknown at this point.

Again, the no. of characters right now in general is unknown. we're praying right now who's gonna make the cut as it is XD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Now wait just a second, where did Sakurai say that all Nintendo characters would be default characters? I think that's a lie. He DID say that 3rd party characters would be unlockable but he said nothing about Nintendo characters in that aspect.

Also that would leave us with like 3 characters to unlock, less then the original SSB.

ooh thats right. i forgot Sakurai said that (about the third parties i mean). well hopefully itll be around 7 cuz i actually thought it was a bit fun getting the characters...

EDIT: wait i forgot to add, the new challenger approaching thing with Ike couldve meant something else other than the fact that he was a newcomer. in the trailers, newcomers came out with the words NEWCOMERS under them. in Melee, A NEW CHALLENGER meant unlockable. it could be different Brawl however...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
ooh thats right. i forgot Sakurai said that. well hopefully itll be around 7 cuz i actually thought it was a bit fun getting the characters...
Where did Sakurai say that all Nintendo characters would be in from the start?

I'm not attacking you, lol... Just wondering. I don't believe it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Now wait just a second, where did Sakurai say that all Nintendo characters would be default characters? I think that's a lie. He DID say that 3rd party characters would be unlockable but he said nothing about Nintendo characters in that aspect.

Also that would leave us with like 3 characters to unlock, less then the original SSB.
There was a topic that said that. It was stickied too, but I can't find it anywhere. There was this guy that translated all of what Sakurai said, as such questions and other stuff he received. If anyone would know where it's at, it would be Kirby Kid, Mic, or Scav.

There may be a few or several 3rd party members, but we're not sure how many they'll confirmed. Like, SEGA could give off Sonic and Knuckles instead of just Sonic (We know it isn't 3 or more). Again, we're not sure how many will be there, but a good estimate of 7 unlockable characters would be there.

Believe what you wanna believe. Parts about 3rd party characters being secret and Nintendo characters default are facts. Sakurai wants to treat 3rd parties as unlockables as though they were invited to a party.

ooh thats right. i forgot Sakurai said that (about the third parties i mean). well hopefully itll be around 7 cuz i actually thought it was a bit fun getting the characters...

EDIT: wait i forgot to add, the new challenger approaching thing with Ike couldve meant something else other than the fact that he was a newcomer. in the trailers, newcomers came out with the words NEWCOMERS under them. in Melee, A NEW CHALLENGER meant unlockable. it could be different Brawl however...
Well, I don't think so. I'll explain.

What Nintendo is doing is pulling in new characters while also pulling in old characters from Melee. Characters like Bowser or Samus doesn't need 'challenger approching' because they're from Melee. Now, Ike is a example of a new character that's joining brawl, and would possibly be a default character (because he's from the FE series).

I could be wrong about the 'challenger approching' thing though. I feel that Sakurai is gonna us something flashy if it's a 3rd party character. Like, he'd give up the symbol in jet black and have that character under that 'New Challenger Approching'. It would just make sense IMO.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Are you talking about SamuraiPanda's topic? I read through it, and all it said was "3rd party characters will be unlockable." It didn't say that all Nintendo characters would be there from the start.

It also said there would only be 1-3(or 2, I can't remember exactly.) additional 3rd party characters. Of course that could change, but that's what he said.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Are you talking about SamuraiPanda's topic? I read through it, and all it said was "3rd party characters will be unlockable." It didn't say that all Nintendo characters would be there from the start.

It also said there would only be 1-3(or 2, I can't remember exactly.) additional 3rd party characters. Of course that could change, but that's what he said.
Well, if it didn't say it, I'm pretty sure Nintendo characters would be available from the start. It wouldn't make much sense to put nintendo characters as unlockables. Maybe they'll make Luigi and Jiggly as unlockables, but I kinda doubt it.

I'm pretty sure it said from 2-5, but I'm trying to shoot for 7 at least. Like you said, it might change.

Anyway, we should get back in topic about Peach :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think it'd be weird if only 3rd party characters where unlockable. Surely there'll still be plenty of Nintendo characters to unlock as well. and I'm pretty sure it said 1-3.

Anyways on the topic of Peach, I'm wondering if the fact that when she landed she kept her parasol out signifies that she will have a new moveset.

I just don't want her B move being hiding behind Toad anymore. XD

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Actually, I like her move set the way it is. It's one of the reasons why everyone loves peach (and everyone that hates Peach as well XD).

Her holding an umbrella will be weird, since it's technically not a weapon (like Marth's and Link's sword).

But, do you know what I REALLY want?

I want her to wear black dress so she can look badass.

Peach + black dress = hawt emoness XD

I think it'd be weird if only 3rd party characters where unlockable. Surely there'll still be plenty of Nintendo characters to unlock as well. and I'm pretty sure it said 1-3.

Anyways on the topic of Peach, I'm wondering if the fact that when she landed she kept her parasol out signifies that she will have a new moveset.

I just don't want her B move being hiding behind Toad anymore. XD
actually, if her umbrella was always out, it would be kind of cool. for her SSmash, it could replace the three random items she gets out: tennis racket=closed umbrella; frying pan=open; golf club=upside down umbrella? yea lets go with that
oh n for the 3rd party thing, im pretty sure theres only supposed to be three. just because theyre 3rd parties doesnt mean they HAVE to unlockable. i be wouldnt be surprised if Snake wasnt. n ALL the Nintendo chars shouldnt be default IMO. Peach i think will be default
Emo Peach FTW
yes and her Final Smash will be Cut: Mario, drunk, will slap her saying "U STUPID B****!!! U CANT EVEN MAKE SOME DECENT COFFEE!!!" then she goes off to cut herself and everyone drowns in her blood. but a black dress with black shoes/heels w/e with white long gloves and stockings would be bada** Gothic Peach haha she should then have black tiara with red rubies with her hair tied in a ponytail XDD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well Sakurai himself stated that 3rd party characters would be unlockable.

And Rockin, I'm just saying give her a new B move. It degrades Toad.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well Sakurai himself stated that 3rd party characters would be unlockable.

And Rockin, I'm just saying give her a new B move. It degrades Toad.
Yeah...that does degrade Toads a bit. Using them as human shields is cheap XD

*Peach Uses toad on Samus' Final Smash. He throws the corps to the side as she heads for battle.* "You'll be mentioned in my speech!"

XDD But I like the Peach Bomber to stay. It should have a slight bit less lag though. Either way, I still like it.

I really like her Foward Smash. it gives surprises to your enemy. XD

Good. Everyone agrees.

Black Dress Peach

F

T

W

lml^_^lml

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
The problem with Peach's Fsmash is it's so unreliable range wise. :( You can get a golf club when your opponent is next to you and when you need that extra inch you get a freaking frying pan. Now that just sucks. :p

Also that Emo Peach idea is awesome. Peach in a black dress with white hair. DO WANT! XD

Sorry to stray into the offtopic, but I severely doubt every Nintendo character will be available from the start. We know quite a few we'll have from the start ie: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc... But guys like Luigi, Ganondorf (if he makes it), etc... are pretty doubtful to be in the starting rooster.

We gotta wait and see. November 22nd T_T It's been farther away.

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
November 22nd: Brawl's release date in Japan. Haha, ok we'll call it scene girl Peach then. xD

Peach with heavy eye shadowing, white hair and a black dress. A clear winner.

I doubt they'll change her move set though, since most of it was pretty successful in Melee.

oooh. that one i didnt know. i thought it was gonna be released all the same. actually, i never thought of another release date until now, wtf...well w/e.
n yes, her moveset was hella strong in Melee. i just think my SSmash idea for her only makes it better due to range. yes, Scene Girl Peach FTW (but i still like to refer it as Gothic Peach XDD)

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
I wish it'd be released at the same time everywhere. We europeans always get the short end of the stick.

Melee was released on December the 3rd on the USA. We got it at May's 30th next year... How cool is that?

I understand where you're coming from with the range thingy but it was another thing that made her quite unique, the randomness. ^^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I wish it'd be released at the same time everywhere. We europeans always get the short end of the stick.

Melee was released on December the 3rd on the USA. We got it at May's 30th next year... How cool is that?

I understand where you're coming from with the range thingy but it was another thing that made her quite unique, the randomness. ^^
That's true about the europeans...=/

it'll has to be released on the same day as the american launch. If it's different day, then it'll mean...

Suspense + early release = ruined.

Also. it's freaking 4 months. I'm pretty sure people can wait a few months. ><

remember, smashbros.com is the only place where we get 100% confirmination. everywhere else is around 50% or lower =/

whoa, it got released May 30...2002 i believe? wow, that suck drgnballz (lol) yea that was one unique thing, to me it was the floaty thing
|\__|\ (its pikachu!!!)
(^_^)
sorry im bored...but anywayz...*in annoying voice*um how bout dat Peach? shes basically confirmed huh? she uh...shes in the vid next to Zelda. alright...yea

Tru-underdog

Smash Journeyman
if we dont get the game till like 4 months after america im not going to use the internet as all the secret charcters will be revealed and that will take some of the fun outta the game, imo peach has a much darker tone this time round

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
if we dont get the game till like 4 months after america im not going to use the internet as all the secret charcters will be revealed and that will take some of the fun outta the game, imo peach has a much darker tone this time round
What do you mean? She looks like the same old peach with a improved outfit. I like it^^

But, I think we know what we all want: Dark dress Peach ^^

I wouldn't mind the Daisy dress to come back, because I know if Daisy is confirmed, they'll dress her up as Peach. :p

Now, I KNOW her Dsmash is gonna be toned down...but I want the turnips to make a comeback. Turnips = Stich Face = feared <D

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Great idea, her final smash can be the Peach Gift from Paper Mario, where al the Star Spirits and that little star appear and shot a giant pink beam (it didnt make any damage, it only destroyed bowser's shield, but hey, Link didnt have the Triforce Slash in any of his games...i think...) and her toad think can be the Umbrella shield like in Super Paper Mario.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Great idea, her final smash can be the Peach Gift from Paper Mario, where al the Star Spirits and that little star appear and shot a giant pink beam (it didnt make any damage, it only destroyed bowser's shield, but hey, Link didnt have the Triforce Slash in any of his games...i think...) and her toad think can be the Umbrella shield like in Super Paper Mario.
Interesting idea. I had always pondered how they might implement that sequence into a Smash game, but the FS opens up this possibility. Her B move could then be replaced with a Parasol shield (as you mentioned), Parry (from SPP), or even one of her SPP emotions: joy, rage, calm, and/or sadness.

What do you mean? She looks like the same old peach with a improved outfit. I like it^^

But, I think we know what we all want: Dark dress Peach ^^

I wouldn't mind the Daisy dress to come back, because I know if Daisy is confirmed, they'll dress her up as Peach. :p

Now, I KNOW her Dsmash is gonna be toned down...but I want the turnips to make a comeback. Turnips = Stich Face = feared <D
yes Dark Dress Peach FTW!!! the Daisy dress was cool i guess, but in Brawl, she should look a bit more like Daisy (it was a little awkward at times)
if her DSmash was toned down i wouldnt mind (although its fun wen i use it :p) n u do know the Stitch Face is called Sorrow right?

also for her Final Smash, someone told me Rage was a good idea, but i wouldnt know wut that would do considering i havent played Super Princess Peach

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
also for her Final Smash, someone told me Rage was a good idea, but i wouldnt know wut that would do considering i havent played Super Princess Peach
Fire was all around Peach. She was also heavier, so when she landed, she stomped hard.

That's our best key up to date as to knowing whether she's confirmed or not. I'm pretty sure she's confirmed because she isn't running away to be safe, but she's joining in.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Her holding an umbrella will be weird, since it's technically not a weapon (like Marth's and Link's sword).
She uses the umbrella as a weapon in Super Princess Peach, so it'd make sense for her to keep it out if they're giving her a brand new moveset.

On the topic of colors, I'd like a red dress with black trim, and a white or black umbrella with red trim that goes with it. The all black dress would be highly popular too, but if there was a real red and black color combination, i'd play that instead. :p

Fire was all around Peach. She was also heavier, so when she landed, she stomped hard.

That's our best key up to date as to knowing whether she's confirmed or not. I'm pretty sure she's confirmed because she isn't running away to be safe, but she's joining in.
1. oh, well i kinda dont see that as a Final Smash then...but then again, look at DK haha
2. she should come back because shes a veteran. also because shes an original Mario character. also, i thought Dojo was our best thing to know whether or not shes confirmed???
i just hope they dont can peach's down smash...as cheap as it is lol

i loved that move too much. u catch an opponent perfectly with it, they can go from 0%-102% damage lol. and they better not lose the turnips and stitchface
doesnt it only go up to 70% from 0? besides i think they should tone it down a little, like only up to 60%, or a little less. im pretty sure stitchface is called SORROW!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well at first I knew Peach would be in it.

Now, I guess she is pretty much confirmed.

She was an interesting character.. I just hate her voice *thinks of her flying in the background and shivers*

Well nice to see her again :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
She uses the umbrella as a weapon in Super Princess Peach, so it'd make sense for her to keep it out if they're giving her a brand new moveset.

On the topic of colors, I'd like a red dress with black trim, and a white or black umbrella with red trim that goes with it. The all black dress would be highly popular too, but if there was a real red and black color combination, i'd play that instead. :p
I would love to see her with a parasol set; I just ask that she keep her vegetable move as well. :grin:

1. oh, well i kinda dont see that as a Final Smash then...but then again, look at DK haha
2. she should come back because shes a veteran. also because shes an original Mario character. also, i thought Dojo was our best thing to know whether or not shes confirmed???

doesnt it only go up to 70% from 0? besides i think they should tone it down a little, like only up to 60%, or a little less. im pretty sure stitchface is called SORROW!!!
SmashWiki says that 95% is the maximum damage on her DSmash, a feat best reserved for those pesky Space Animals.

Well at first I knew Peach would be in it.

Now, I guess she is pretty much confirmed.

She was an interesting character.. I just hate her voice *thinks of her flying in the background and shivers*

Well nice to see her again :p
Four words: "Ohhh, did I wiiiiiin?"

Best victory quote EVER. :chuckle:

Top Bottom