• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

historyisold

Smash Rookie
Perhaps she can keep the umbrella out and put it away when she's done.
Wario takes out a bike, can get off or crash it and fight with the pieces, right?

Maybe Peach can only float long distances with her umbrella out, adding a little handicap?

Just an idea. Please don't burn me...

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
Yay Peach!!! She was my main from Melee and will probably stay that way in Brawl, Im so glad they confirmed her! Her look is cool (but I still hold out hope for a mini-skirt alt. costume..) and I will check the dojo everyday next week awaiting her profile.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
she looks the same to me jus that shes holding an umbrella...if she ends up hold it the whole time it mite change some of her moves, particularly her side-smash. but then again wen she first appeared in the clip she wasnt holding it...
If she holds it the whole time, it might mean a Super Princess Peach based moveset...

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wario takes out a bike, can get off or crash it and fight with the pieces, right?

Maybe Peach can only float long distances with her umbrella out, adding a little handicap?

thats actually pretty good to me

blinkd

Smash Cadet
There is no doubt she will be returning to brawl, I think her moves will be updated because there is aalot of potential in her moves from melee

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't look like she's holding Parry (that was the name of it right?), so I think a Super Princess Peach move set is still up in the air. I'm not even so sure if Peach holding that umbrella is really much proof at all for a new move set. What about those screenshots we saw of Fox holding his blaster, yet appearing to retain the same moves? Come to think of it, I seem to be having a hard time finding screenshots now of Fox holding his blaster.

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
i never really used peach, but i'm glad that shes back because she's such an original and unique character with her own moveset.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice

Prepare for UBER BURNAGE!!!! I shall infuse the power of Juggernaut and Ganondorf into me, creating a mega crushing demeaning and illogical machine with an indomitable spirit. So, um...BE PREPARED....or don't.:dizzy:

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i bet her toad move will be replaced with an umbrella, meaning it'll do the same thing as toad but with an umbrella

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Just remember that Peach isn't *technically* confirmed yet. She's not in the roster at the Dojo, so she might just be a story character (it's highly likely that she'll return, but there's always that small chance she won't). Stay real guys.

Also, as for her moveset - it's good as it is. I agree with her emotions being her FS - they could just randomize which one you get, as they're all rather overpowered. I don't think she needs a parasol as a weapon, she's fine as a close-range character.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i bet her toad move will be replaced with an umbrella, meaning it'll do the same thing as toad but with an umbrella
We can only hope!

By the way, everyone, Peach looks AMAZING. I can't wait for the official update (it has to be next week!). I'm so excited right now! :)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Looks like she's in, seems a lot of people have gotten what they wanted this week, with Ike and then this surprise update.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I hope if Sakurai shows Peach's special moves next week, he does something to kill the "Toad can't get in because he shown up as one of Peach's moves" argument. Not that I'm trying to shift the subject of this topic or anything.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Best update so far, Peach is confirmed! And she looks awesome, I'm so glad she's not using Parry, that most likely means that she'll NOT get a SPP-based moveset.

TGM

Smash Lord
remeber its safe to say the original characters that were already unlocked in SSb and SSBM will return.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Am I the only one who thinks Peach's dress looks... more "puffy"? That could mean an even deadlier Dsmash >_<

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
If the developers been looking at character balance in Melee, they would know that move is really overpowered and would nurf it, regardless of Peach's new appearance.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I was pretty excited when I saw this picture too. Peach is too awesome, and this new screenshot confirms her return. I recently shifted to maining Peach and this way I know my practice won't be COMPLETELY in vain.

Lawl, the return of the uber Dsmash!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It should be nerfed, but I'd not be angry if she keeps it >_<

historyisold

Smash Rookie
I really don't believe too much will be changed with Peach as far as moves in general go. (that is, if she does make it in the game, for all of you who are in serious denial about the fact that she's a confirmed character.)

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I don't know >_< Plastic surgery became popular lately... Anyway, I'm kinda worried about Peach's float ability:

1: In Super Paper Mario, the only way you can float is using the umbrella.
2: Brawl Peach uses that umbrella.
3: She is not seen floating by herself in the video.

Do you think my worries are justified?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I don't know >_< Plastic surgery became popular lately... Anyway, I'm kinda worried about Peach's float ability:

no

ten characters

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace

stop worrying. Movesets for all previous characters will probably be the same. Small changes are even notified on the site (like Yoshi's 3rd jump) give it a rest, bud. ;)

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
DUDE SHE FLOATS ON SCREEN IN THE RELEASED VID, so dramatic. Im pretty sure she'll be very similar to what she was, and she'll obviously be able to use her umbrella for what most likely seems to be her upb. I wanted them to put her in her sporty uniform, make her a sort of shiekesque character, but still be able to float and pull turnips. Just my thoughts...I can imagine her having falcon's nair and his weight, along with her a$$ substituing as his knee lol...

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
i think Hiemie said it best (though I'm not sure he posted it here)

"Peaches dress should be called the Thuderdome. 2 men enter, 2 men leave"

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace

I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'm guessing they used Zelda and Peach at the same time to show that both of their upBs are returning. Zelda uses (an AWESOME-LOOKING) Farore's Wind, and Peach uses her Parasol.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd say yes, since there is no real reason to change them other then fan demand. But fan demand also wants to keep their "mains". Hmm.
The fact of the matter is that Sakurai doesn't want clones in the game anymore.

Characters like Ganondorf deserve a new moveset.

Top Bottom