• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
She looks beautiful in the trailer, but Zelda looks prettier :]

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
I think the effect is fine, but she should use her umbrella instead by spinning it or something... After all how DOES Toad reflect attacks?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I think the effect is fine, but she should use her umbrella instead by spinning it or something... After all how DOES Toad reflect attacks?
her side smash could be the same effects as it were in Melee, but if she uses her umbrella, she could jus do it in a differnt look (tennis racket-closed umbrella, pan-open, golf club-upside down?) i dunno but thats IMO
plus for Toad, i dunno. Sakurai is crazy. but if Toad ended up being a char, tht could be one of his moves haha

EDIT: whoo 100 post! im a journeyman haha

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah. nintendo knows that women are stereotypically emotional so they played that up in super princess peach. she uses joy, gloom, rage and calm as emotions and they all do different things in the game. I think they would give her rage as a Fs.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
My opinion.

Princess Peach is GOING to be in brawl the fact that she has not yet been confirmed does not prove anything.

I mean taking Peach out would be like taking Mario, Luigi, or Yoshi out.

historyisold

Smash Rookie
I agree.

Nintendo loves any main characters from the old games, such as Mario Party/Golf/Tennis/Strikers or any adventure game featuring those characters.

Peach is in.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yup yup. i will be surprised if she wont. Sakurai knows what he's doing. he knew that when we saw the quick gameplay footage with DK he had to put him up on the dojo. and his stage not too far off. this week I see Peach, music, stage(hopefully Peach's), item, pokeball.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Do you guys like the idea that she can actually carry her umbrella around after UpB and lose it by throwing it (Z). It won't be like a new moveset or anything...just an umbrella in her hands for more range...I guess it'd be new.
I had the idea that she would carry her parasol around as well. As much as I would like to see her profile in an hour or so, I just don't expect it to happen for some reason. I would be surprised to see it so early in the week, but I certainly wouldn't complain. :grin: I can't wait!

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
So despite what many said, Peach was not 100% confirmed today. Yet another hint in my belief that we don't have this game all figured out, even for stuff as minor as this. "This happened before, it's gonna happen again" isn't quite so flawless, like how DK got confirmed with an [earlier] update after he was shown in a teaser for his first appearance.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
HAHAHAHA!!! You Peach fans got pwn3d! "Sorry but the Princess is in another update." But first why don't you crawl out of the smoke? I think its getting a little bit too foggy in here. LMAO.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So despite what many said, Peach was not 100% confirmed today. Yet another hint in my belief that we don't have this game all figured out, even for stuff as minor as this. "This happened before, it's gonna happen again" isn't quite so flawless, like how DK got confirmed with an [earlier] update after he was shown in a teaser for his first appearance.
I doubted that today would FINALLY be the day, but I would wager that this week will certainly be the one for her official bio and such. DK could have been revealed on that Friday instead of Thursday, but Sakurai chose to cut the wait. In Peach's case, he still has four days to play with.

HAHAHAHA!!! You Peach fans got pwn3d! "Sorry but the Princess is in another update." But first why don't you crawl out of the smoke? I think its getting a little bit too foggy in here. LMAO.
=P (I can just picture you laughing like the Jigglypuff in your signature, haha).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

peach is confirmed, they gave it away.
That we're not debating. Of course Peach will be back, the trailer proves it. We just want the update to get screenshots, her official character model, and maybe even some new info.

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
Well if she wasn't confirmed last night, she will be sometime this week, or next week. With this week's going to Meta Knight or a new character (Which we need more of .__.)

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
I was looking forward to seeing some info on Peach today but no go, hopefully next time because she looks really appealing in the clip we got of her.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I think it's about time we see a Peach update. Im still thinking it will be this week for sure. I would hate for Sakurai to pull a Metaknight and not show her on the site but only in screenshots.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I would like her unlockable but she'll be a starter. I just makes sense somehow. They won't show her for a couple weeks probably, (I said that first thing after the movie clip and so far it's been correct)

Saki does this crap to our heads, C.Falcon's confirmed too, will he be shown, no.

IC's or Ness are next...possible CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I would like her unlockable but she'll be a starter. I just makes sense somehow. They won't show her for a couple weeks probably, (I said that first thing after the movie clip and so far it's been correct)

Saki does this crap to our heads, C.Falcon's confirmed too, will he be shown, no.

IC's or Ness are next...possible CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
ive always thot that Peach would come in this week, tomorrow could be the day. todays wasnt so bad tho, i mean look at Palutena! shes freakin ballin! haha
i thot i was the only one that says Sakurais likes to play with our freakin minds haha

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
lol I officially give up on trying to understand Sakurai. this week was kinda uneventful. especially considering the week before.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
@tstumo:

I agree to an extent. I had rather high expectations because I really thought that Sakurai would confirm Peach this week, but no dice. It wasn't all bad, though: Ike fans got his Special Moves (doesn't do anything for me either way), along with Skyworld Music and Pit's FS (!!!) for the rest of us. It wasn't what I had hoped for, but it was still a good week.

Peach next week for sure. =)

Tanea

Smash Ace
^ hope that you are right cause i need her i mean she is my main so i want to see what they did to her

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well I dont know. What I do know is Peach will be on Brawl already. Default or Hidden, I don't know.
Peach will be a starter because she's Nintendo. Any character who officially belongs to Nintendo will be a starter. Only characters like Snake, who belongs in a 3rd party, are secret characters.

Also, this is just a note, but...I know how everyone really wants Peach in here. Trust me, I do too *points to sig* But, we gotta calm down with the posts on smashbrawl.com. Everytime I go there, I ALWAYS see a post about 'Peach should be in tomorrow' this and that. Some of it is only about peach and nothing much about the article. I'm not trying to be an *** or anything, I'm just saying to tone it down a bit. I don't hear comments about Marth being back or some others. I'm not saying it's everyone. I'm just talking to the people that does it.

As Peach players, we gotta be respectable to the site, you know. It's all I ask. Thanks

Another note: Don't read Sakurai's mind. You'll explode. Leave that to Kirby Kid :p

Top Bottom