• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Maybe Random is right, it actually makes sense why SSB3DS doesn't have her in, if the game is Japanese oriented, but maybe if Wii U is really Western oriented, maybe Krystal will be in the Wii U version
I give the marketing theory a very slim chance now--I won't say a flat zero, probably ~1%.

This would only happen if Nintendo really wants to surprise us.

That said, I don't see it happening--so I won't believe in the marketing theory right now.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
to put it simply were in the same camp as the bandanna dee and K Rool guys are, are characters chances may have seemed to have drooped to 1% but that still means theres A chance (DLC or not)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I will go down with the ship. Twas nice having you fine folks. I never imagined you guys would leave before me. Be sure to write to the remaining few of us often.

AnoA

Smash Cadet
Hope always dies last folks. We need to be patient. Our time will come!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well this might be the end of IanTheGamer, my purpose for being on this site is gone, any ideas, how to close a Smashboards account?

Last edited:

AnoA

Smash Cadet
After a big fall there's only a rise. Let's hope this isn't all Sakurai has for us.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to add you too if that's alright. I mainly only get on for Garry's mod though.
I'll be named as DelanaBunny.
Oh man you do Garry's Mod? You should join me & one my friends game of it sometime! (OK, I honestly think we should resort to PMs on Smashboards so that the Krystal thread won't be turned into a off-topic social thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'll be monitoring the rest of the PotDs even with the cat out of the bag. I'll be impressed if Sakurai manages to surprise me at this juncture.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
At least Sony listens to us, uh, maybe we all shouldn't get Wii U's or Smash Bros to punish both Nintendo and Sakurai for their arrogance
What an foolish statement.

If you want to seriously make Nintendo consider Krystal as a viable candidate, you need to show them that there are Star Fox fans. Buy this game, buy the amiibo's for Fox & Falco, and above all else buy Star Fox U when it is released. When you've done that, fill out the Club Nintendo surveys and TELL THEM that you like Krystal. Club Nintendo is a major source Nintendo uses for market research, and has actual sway with the company.

All boycotting accomplishes is telling Nintendo that Star Fox fans are a small minority and don't need more games or characters in Smash Bros.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Great idea, there's still a chance of Krystal being in, it's very slim but hey did anyone see the Wii Fit Trainer coming?
Who wishes to join, so I don't include anyone on accident that might not want to be included?

EDIT: You can invite others, after I exceed my maximum invites, I believe (I'm new to the Conversations feature).

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
ok serly I know every one here is bummed with Krystal's de- confirmation, but isn't this the same thing that happened with melee.

Y is there so much rage here all of a sudden?
I think people are still trying to comprehend today's events. I might've done the same if it weren't for a group of friends, honestly...

@ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 : I know things may seem hopeless right now, and I know it must feel like the wind's been taken out of your sails, so to speak. The way you've fallen into despair, only to bounce back a day later with an elaborate-yet-plausible theory, really hits home for me. I'm a bit of an emotional wildfire, myself--the way I describe it is it's like I feel everything twofold.

It's taken me a long time and it's still something I'm learning, but I've been starting to realize things have a way of bouncing back. As bleak as things may seem, they won't necessarily stay that way, even if it feels like there's nothing on the horizon to change it.

I hope you stick around. Krystal's apparent disclusion really stings, but there's still a lot here that's worth being a part of. Whether you're into the competitive side or whether it's just a casual interest, the Smash community at its best has a sense of camaraderie that extends to everyone active here, regardless of how seriously you play or who you main.

I guess what I mean is, to quote a famous leak-slaying tactician:

D

Deleted member

Who wishes to join, so I don't include anyone on accident that might not want to be included?

EDIT: You can invite others, after I exceed my maximum invites, I believe (I'm new to the Conversations feature).
I'll probably pass. I'll likely monitor this thread & then eventually make my activity on Smashboards quiet.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
What we need to understand is that this roster is still phenomenal.

Even if we don't have Krystal, we still have a HUGE set of characters that are all incredibly worthy of inclusion in their own ways. We're seeing new concepts at work, old faces brought back, and Iconic characters all on the same screen. Sure, we may have lost the fight for our beloved telepath, but let this be a lesson to all:

Sometimes, life will take unexpected turns. You will have desires that may not be fulfilled, but that's natural. The best way to handle these situations, is with acceptance. Here, we learned this, and it can only make us more prepared for similar scenarios that can have a deeper impact. Be thankful that this loss we've received was for a mere character inclusion, and not something more drastic. We will always be Krystal fans, and this trophy proves that she is still in the mind of Nintendo.

Be proud everyone, you all played a key role in defending her merits-even if they weren't seen through. Until next time, it's been a blast these past few months, and I'm happy to have been involved with a ton of insight on this forum. You all have helped me grow as a thinker, and as a person, and it's because of certain people on this site, and in this forum. I'll be on Smashboards still, but not as frequently now that I'm in college. That can prove that my priorities are elsewhere for the time being.

It's been real you guys, and maybe I'll come back when we get a little more info on the next Star Fox. Take care, and always remember that a fair argument is always the best solution.

Farewell!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I like how everyone's throwing in the towel because of the resent leaks. I won't say I believe it yet until Sakurai proves it true.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What we need to understand is that this roster is still phenomenal.

Even if we don't have Krystal, we still have a HUGE set of characters that are all incredibly worthy of inclusion in their own ways. We're seeing new concepts at work, old faces brought back, and Iconic characters all on the same screen. Sure, we may have lost the fight for our beloved telepath, but let this be a lesson to all:

Sometimes, life will take unexpected turns. You will have desires that may not be fulfilled, but that's natural. The best way to handle these situations, is with acceptance. Here, we learned this, and it can only make us more prepared for similar scenarios that can have a deeper impact. Be thankful that this loss we've received was for a mere character inclusion, and not something more drastic. We will always be Krystal fans, and this trophy proves that she is still in the mind of Nintendo.

Be proud everyone, you all played a key role in defending her merits-even if they weren't seen through. Until next time, it's been a blast these past few months, and I'm happy to have been involved with a ton of insight on this forum. You all have helped me grow as a thinker, and as a person, and it's because of certain people on this site, and in this forum. I'll be on Smashboards still, but not as frequently now that I'm in college. That can prove that my priorities are elsewhere for the time being.

It's been real you guys, and maybe I'll come back when we get a little more info on the next Star Fox. Take care, and always remember that a fair argument is always the best solution.

Farewell!
*sheds a tear*
That was bloody BEAUTIFUL.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
To be fair, the leaker had no connection with Nintendo since he's from Brazil, but I still have no hope left anyway.
No, he wasn't in imbd, he was just one if the people that the original videos got sent to from the ACTUAL guy who video taped and took pics of the game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
No, he wasn't in imbd, he was just one if the people that the original videos got sent to from the ACTUAL guy who video taped and took pics of the game.
READ THIS!!!
Good news perhaps, apparently the leaker screwed up and was confimred to be from Brazil (which, mind you, as far as I know has no ties to ESRB or Nintendo). Currently a hot topic on SSB4 reddit, but I'm still looking over it.

(Edit: A quote from the reddit below)

The link links to a GameFAQs post with a link in it linking to an image.

This image has been enhanced to highlight the word on display device. Googling this display device shows that it's a Brazillian brand. The Youtuber's account is also Brazillian. Nintendo has no reps in Brazil and I'm sure they have a list of all the people they've sent copies too pre-release.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
READ THIS!!!
Yes, the person who leaked it is from Brazil, but he isn't the person who filmed it/took pictures. The original guy only sent it to friends (which is what I read). And the leak was then made public by the Brazilian. That would also explain why multiple different people have had the same info, the first guy sent it to his friends and they all leaked it themselves.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I think people are still trying to comprehend today's events. I might've done the same if it weren't for a group of friends, honestly...

@ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 : I know things may seem hopeless right now, and I know it must feel like the wind's been taken out of your sails, so to speak. The way you've fallen into despair, only to bounce back a day later with an elaborate-yet-plausible theory, really hits home for me. I'm a bit of an emotional wildfire, myself--the way I describe it is it's like I feel everything twofold.

It's taken me a long time and it's still something I'm learning, but I've been starting to realize things have a way of bouncing back. As bleak as things may seem, they won't necessarily stay that way, even if it feels like there's nothing on the horizon to change it.

I hope you stick around. Krystal's apparent disclusion really stings, but there's still a lot here that's worth being a part of. Whether you're into the competitive side or whether it's just a casual interest, the Smash community at its best has a sense of camaraderie that extends to everyone active here, regardless of how seriously you play or who you main.

I guess what I mean is, to quote a famous leak-slaying tactician:

I'll admit I teared up a bit after that.

Yeah, I'll think I'll stay. Smash is just to attractive to ignore--it's sucked me in already. :)

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yes, the person who leaked it is from Brazil, but he isn't the person who filmed it/took pictures. The original guy only sent it to friends (which is what I read). And the leak was then made public by the Brazilian. That would also explain why multiple different people have had the same info, the first guy sent it to his friends and they all leaked it themselves.
i'm aware that Brazil does have a significant japanese population.... likewise with Brazilians living in Japan. maybe someone had connections

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
i'm aware that Brazil does have a significant japanese population.... likewise with Brazilians living in Japan. maybe someone had connections
But that wouldn't explain how the English version was leaked by a Brazilian. It's only make sense if it was someone in NA who inexplicably had a Brazilian TV, or if the claim it was leaked by an NoA guy was true and the friend who betrayed him was Brazilian.

I think it's likely real nonetheless, but there's still a lot that doesn't add up here...

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
But that wouldn't explain how the English version was leaked by a Brazilian. It's only make sense if it was someone in NA who inexplicably had a Brazilian TV, or if the claim it was leaked by an NoA guy was true and the friend who betrayed him was Brazilian.

I think it's likely real nonetheless, but there's still a lot that doesn't add up here...
damn.... then what place does nintendo have their games localized then? or does nobody know? i think that maybe another key to finding the leaker

Top Bottom