• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
the way i see it this.If bowser jr and ridley get in wouldn't help Krystal or other characters.I mean Ridley is the number 1 requested smash has ever had and if he's in the game guess what his fans would have to go to support other character rather that be Krystal,Bandanna dee,Issac,K roil,etc.Same goes for bowser jr he was on almost everyone most wanted list on youtube.So if he gets confirmed his fans would move on to.We may not have Krystal in smash 4 but smash 5 or 6 or whatever there calling it she may have a higher change

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Well looks like I'll try out little mac out of all those characters but that's about it. I'm throwing in my towel, if she's in that's amazing but I don't see it happening how.
Who wishes to join, so I don't include anyone on accident that might not want to be included?

EDIT: You can invite others, after I exceed my maximum invites, I believe (I'm new to the Conversations feature).
You can add me too but I'll barely be on probably...

Also one last thing for your marketing theory (even though you highly doubt it and so do I) Sakurai stated there would be less clones or something like that I believe but look at this roster and clones so if he lied about that he could be lieing about the games having the same rosters, but anyways I'm not even sure when he said that about the clones and I don't really care to find it right now.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
We may not have Krystal in smash 4 but smash 5 or 6 or whatever there calling it she may have a higher change
It's really going to all depend on her future in the Star Fox series. If she's not in Star Fox for the Wii U, and it goes back to just the original team of Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy....than I'd say her chances of ever being playable in a Smash Bros. game are zilch.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It's really going to all depend on her future in the Star Fox series. If she's not in Star Fox for the Wii U, and it goes back to just the original team of Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy....than I'd say her chances of ever being playable in a Smash Bros. game are zilch.
i doubt they'll just get rid of Krystal especially seeing how she was a big par of command.If i recall didn't half the ideas involve her.Not to mention she's a pretty popular character

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Sorry fans, I literally lost all my hopes for Krystal. :crying:

There is a trophy of her and she didn't even have "(Assault)" after her trophy name. There may be several characters' trophies that can be accessible before a character is unlocked in Brawl but they came with additional trophy names after them, for example, 'Falco (Assault)" and "Falco (Command)" before even Falco is unlocked.

(unless her trophy name suddenly changed after Krystal is unlocked or included in the DLC)

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
All this heat coming from Krystal's kitchen & I return to get a little pan burnt. I'm still decent about it, there's more news about Smash we don't know about. Waiting game continues.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Guys take this with a grain of salt but listen ok Nintendo may not be getting onto this because it's real because back in brawl days Nintendo got onto people for "false hope" and since this looks real well there's false hope...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
What about the recent picture of the day ? Nobody seems to have mentioned that Saria is from OoT 3DS and that Krystal should be based on Command... So is there more than meets the eyes here ?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
If you guys want to add me on steam as well (I've already added you x3)
Here's my Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032687483
I will add/accept your add once I get back on my home comp (my e-mail password is long, and I don't have it memorized so I won't be able to sign into Steam yet).

Anyways, back to Krystal.

I'm going to wait until we know for sure from the horse's mouth--one way or another.

After all, the Krystal trophy doesn't phase the marketing theory... but I'll keep that private for now.

Unless something definitive for/against the marketing theory happens, I will no longer post publically about it. Instead I will use the Conversation recently created to vent my ongoing musings. Please understand.

Well looks like I'll try out little mac out of all those characters but that's about it. I'm throwing in my towel, if she's in that's amazing but I don't see it happening how.

You can add me too but I'll barely be on probably...

Also one last thing for your marketing theory (even though you highly doubt it and so do I) Sakurai stated there would be less clones or something like that I believe but look at this roster and clones so if he lied about that he could be lieing about the games having the same rosters, but anyways I'm not even sure when he said that about the clones and I don't really care to find it right now.
I have no idea how to add more than 10 people to a conversation. :(

(I'm sort of a newbie at it)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Is there still hope for DLC down the line?
I think so. Ninka basically said that he knows nothing about the Dixie/Ridley/Mewtwo thing, which leaves five slots open for DLC choices. I also still think Rhythm Heaven will have a playable character. So that still leaves four more slots. It's possible, but not probable for Krystal's inclusion.

DLC though, is definitely happening imo.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Has anyone considered that the trophy is actually her playable model? Who knows.

I'm expecting some surprises coming from Sakurai. Star Fox or not, stil hyped as hell.
The trophy number seems to contradict that, If she is playable that'll be her assault trophy and she'll have a different design like Fox and Falco in brawl and like Falco's assault trophy it somewhat alludes to what happens in assault

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I know everyone here believes that the recent leak is legit, but its seems the part about an NoA employee being the source of leak is still unconfirmed and seems to be a rumor amongst all this chaos. I'm still going to keep my hope up for Krystal and Sakurai will be the man to either crush that hope or make me explode in happiness at Krystal's possible inclusion.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And remember, there's still a chance of another Gematsu situation. For all we know, we could be looking at a combination of actual and faked content. If those trophies were faked, we're still in business...and apparently there's a chance of it, since apparently their poses are all based on poses from Uprising's idols and the descriptions don't quite match the writing style of the officially revealed trophies.

Plus, DLC isn't out of the question. They could very well use a new design for her and tack "(Assault)" on to the end of the trophy name. We haven't seen it happen in Smash before, but Nintendo was willing to release a MK8 patch that made such important changes as rearranging the post-race menu and adding the track map to the TV screen.

And, everything Sakurai has told us makes it sounds like they didn't want to make a call on DLC right away, meaning they would've made the games without taking DLC into account. If they decided to do newcomer DLC later on...say, around when the new Star Fox game comes out, and Sakurai felt like Krystal was viable because of her moveset potential, they could still work her in if all they had to do was tweak the name of one trophy in one version, and make sure she used a different design.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, I was just going to say that if they were making DLC for MK8, they would definitely do DLC for SSB4. I'd be interested to have Fox in MK8 myself, operating a landmaster or an airwing like kart.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah, I was just going to say that if they were making DLC for MK8, they would definitely do DLC for SSB4. I'd be interested to have Fox in MK8 myself, operating a landmaster or an airwing like kart.
That would be awesome. We could definitely see it happen when Fox shoots out of a cannon type thing and it really looks like a flying Arwing.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd say no, only because their G-diffusers are pretty broken if you tried putting their machines in MK8. :4falcon: & :4fox: as racers in MK8 would steamroll every kart racer in there hands down. But of course they'd be cool DLC character inclusions with any given parts as cameo to their game series.

EDIT: Well, I saw Luigi ride on a kart that heavily resembles the Blue Falcon so I take my post back.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Mario Kart 8 getting dlc characters means that it can most definitely happen with smash. Krystal has a shot now!!!

D

Deleted member

I guess I'll join back in despite the situation that happened not too long ago. May as well just hope for her as future DLC (At the right price too)

I dunno if its a good thing that she wasn't an assist trophy (Far as I'm aware).

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd say Krystal being just a trophy so far pertaining to the leak(s), it's better than being told from Sakurai she's an AT. Any character especially Krystal who has cameo appearances in Smash, are likely characters in the future, via DLC or new Smash titles.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd say Krystal being just a trophy so far pertaining to the leak(s), it's better than being told from Sakurai she's an AT. Any character especially Krystal who has cameo appearances in Smash, are likely characters in the future, via DLC or new Smash titles.
I agree, while it would have been nice to see her in the game in a more significant capacity, I would rather deal with the increased likelihood of her future appearance as a playable character.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I guess I'll join back in despite the situation that happened not too long ago. May as well just hope for her as future DLC (At the right price too)

I dunno if its a good thing that she wasn't an assist trophy (Far as I'm aware).
It is a good thing, that means she's being planned as DLC.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I agree, while it would have been nice to see her in the game in a more significant capacity, I would rather deal with the increased likelihood of her future appearance as a playable character.
Btw, gratz for your adamant Dark Pit support practically being justified to the max.

AT as a element to Smash gives off that impression / vibe that characters that are an AT item, seem to be very unlikely fighters in a roster selection. Idk why I particularly believe that.

EDIT: "But Little Mac"
Touche

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not really, it could just as easily be the case that they don't know how to differentiate her. Saying she's not an AT so she's "automatically" going to be DLC is asking for disappointment.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Mario Kart 8 getting dlc characters means that it can most definitely happen with smash. Krystal has a shot now!!!
Precisely.

That, though, is jumping the gun.

If Krystal isn't an AT or a stage element (not counting a Team Star Fox easter egg like in the last couple games, since those change based on context), she could be considered for DLC. If the trophy is real, all that would need to be done is to alter the trophy's name to note it was from a specific appearance, and to use a different design for her playable form than the Assault one (preferably a new one). If she plays a prominent enough role in the new Star Fox game, it would make her relevant again and take away her only downside...aside from detractors, but a lot of characters have had those anyway. >_>

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I support her getting in. I think she has some move set potential and I think StarFox deserves 4 reps.

Top Bottom