• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Mine's still going to be WiiMote--> because I play with a sideways wiimote (pity me).
I found the wiimote hard to use and that was with a nunchuck. Why not get a GC controller? They're so much more comfortable and I noticed the difference instantly when I switched over.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I found the wiimote hard to use and that was with a nunchuck. Why not get a GC controller? They're so much more comfortable and I noticed the difference instantly when I switched over.
I play with the Wiimote and Nunchuk and I can't get myself to go back to the GC controllers, even though I bought an adapter and 2 GC controllers. (More for friends). It apparently adds insult to injury when you beat someone with the wiimote/nunchuk...or so I've been told at smaller tournaments. =P

Also, I believe my name will be "SuckIt," assuming it's allowed.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Teareater sounds like good tag name too. :troll:
Drink tears everyday.
I play with the Wiimote and Nunchuk and I can't get myself to go back to the GC controllers, even though I bought an adapter and 2 GC controllers. (More for friends). It apparently adds insult to injury when you beat someone with the wiimote/nunchuk...or so I've been told at smaller tournaments. =P

Also, I believe my name will be "SuckIt," assuming it's allowed.
Was it hard to use the WiiMote + nunchuck at first? No matter how much time I spend with it, I can never be as effective as I can with a GC controller. Btw, that name will more than likely get reported, not gonna lie. Whether it comes down I can't say. Nintendo is ultra sensitive about everything online.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Also, what are some of your guys' friend codes (I think that is what it is for Wii U...I play Xbox/PC)? I would love to play a few friendly matches against some of you guys. Hopefully one day we'll get to do one of those matches with Krystal. You can PM me if you're interested.

And it was a little odd at first, but I adjusted very quickly. I was a quite a bit younger then and also preferred Brawl over Melee. The only issue I have with it are grabs (I use the default control scheme), and sometimes Smashes get me. Grabs are A+B and I've definitely Shadow-Foxed over my fair share of ledges by accident.

I'm not overly worried. I've seen much worse on there, and I won't have it on there terribly long. I'll go back to being Santiago. It will just be my formal invitation for haters to suck it...limited time only. lol

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Also, what are some of your guys' friend codes (I think that is what it is for Wii U...I play Xbox/PC)? I would love to play a few friendly matches against some of you guys. Hopefully one day we'll get to do one of those matches with Krystal. You can PM me if you're interested.
I've got no problem in adding more people from smashboards.
My NNID is XeVioN

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I know they are, I prefer them actually. I can't find a GC Adapter and controllers though. Plus, I'm pretty damn good at Ganondorf and Shulk (I don't use arts btw, just don't for some reason) with the Wiimote.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Krystal By Kaphonie.jpg
Well.. I finially got around to it but for some reason I'm not happy with it xD!! I guess I don't like how pale she looks O.o But oh well, I don't feel like dwelling over it cause I worked on this for so long. I'll post 4 color alts real soon. But the Assault and Adventures costumes might have to wait awhile cause there's a lot of house work to do.. and other stuff. :l

If you wanna download it:
http://kaphonie.deviantart.com/art/Smashified-Krystal-By-Kaphonie-560933421

Edit: @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ My tag will change to "Dixie DLC" xD!!!

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
View attachment 73891Well.. I finially got around to it but for some reason I'm not happy with it xD!! I guess I don't like how pale she looks O.o But oh well, I don't feel like dwelling over it cause I worked on this for so long. I'll post 4 color alts real soon. But the Assault and Adventures costumes might have to wait awhile cause there's a lot of house work to do.. and other stuff. :l

That's beautiful! You got a PNG of it? Also, I saw that you followed me on Miiverse. Returned the favor for ya'

EDIT: Found it on your DA page. Awesome!!!

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
View attachment 73891Well.. I finially got around to it but for some reason I'm not happy with it xD!! I guess I don't like how pale she looks O.o But oh well, I don't feel like dwelling over it cause I worked on this for so long. I'll post 4 color alts real soon. But the Assault and Adventures costumes might have to wait awhile cause there's a lot of house work to do.. and other stuff. :l

Fantastic artwork man! I like the detail especially on the head and tail. If I were to offer some constructive criticism, I would say that I think there is something off about the chest/shoulder area. I'm thinking it may be the broadness of the shoulders...but I could be entirely wrong. Hell, much better than I could ever draw! Solid work mate!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Hey it dawned on me, did the guy who drew the pic of Krystal for Nintendo ever get a response letter? Last I knew is he said he wrote Krystal For Smash on his image.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
A question to everyone: what will your tags be in For Glory the day Krystal gets in? I'm leaning towards UMAD cuz I'm so original.
I think 'TheEdgyOne' is already a perfect tag for Krystal in my honest opinion. I just wish I could add dealwithit glasses to her model.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Fantastic artwork man! I like the detail especially on the head and tail. If I were to offer some constructive criticism, I would say that I think there is something off about the chest/shoulder area. I'm thinking it may be the broadness of the shoulders...but I could be entirely wrong. Hell, much better than I could ever draw! Solid work mate!
I agree that her chest is off xD I think her crotch is too xD!! But I got to a point where if I messed with it to try to fix it it'd look worse xc hopefully the assualt alt will look better cause I'm more used to drawing that one xD
latest.jpeg Krystal.jpg
As you can see I felt like I only had these two pics to go on cause she's usually off centered. .-.

@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB yeah there's a png on deviant :) I didn't mask it off too well xD thanks for the follow :)
@ TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr nope I never did get a reply :/ I didn't really expect one though xD

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I agree that her chest is off xD I think her crotch is too xD!! But I got to a point where if I messed with it to try to fix it it'd look worse xc hopefully the assualt alt will look better cause I'm more used to drawing that one xD
View attachment 73897 View attachment 73898
As you can see I felt like I only had these two pics to go on cause she's usually off centered. .-.

@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB yeah there's a png on deviant :) I didn't mask it off too well xD thanks for the follow :)
@ TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr nope I never did get a reply :/ I didn't really expect one though xD
Yeah, you had to go primarily off of the Command model which we all know how atrocious that is. So, considering that, I would have to say you killed it. I know how difficult it is to draw something from nothing and have to assume some proportions. There is something off about the chest/shoulders as I said before, but I honestly believe everything else seems very solid. It may be the broad-ish shoulders or the general shape of the chest. Sorry, I've always been a critic, but I will admit that it looks very solid. You somehow made the pink suit not agitate every bone in my body....that's quite the achievement. lolol

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Yeah, you had to go primarily off of the Command model which we all know how atrocious that is. So, considering that, I would have to say you killed it. I know how difficult it is to draw something from nothing and have to assume some proportions. There is something off about the chest/shoulders as I said before, but I honestly believe everything else seems very solid. It may be the broad-ish shoulders or the general shape of the chest. Sorry, I've always been a critic, but I will admit that it looks very solid. You somehow made the pink suit not agitate every bone in my body....that's quite the achievement. lolol
Yaay!! I made you like the pink :D seems like everyone hates it xD I REALLY hate the idea of her having a communicater cause she's telepathic but I assumed that if she had a updated command look like the rest of the star fox crew she'd probably still still have it :/

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
What are they going to touch up on? Do you think they delayed it for the graphics? What could it be? I'm asking you all the hard questions, Edgy.
"We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes. While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing."
Welp, there's your answer. Did I pass the test?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So Star Fox Zero got delayed. Mr. Miyamoto made a statement saying that, while they COULD rush it out in November, they want to work on it more. They are expecting to release it now in Q1 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/NintendoConsoleGaming/posts/897445373656670
Not surprised and there's actually a silver lining for me with this. Early on before Zero had a release data I expressed a desire that they take all the time they need because I didn't want the game to be rushed and I wanted them to spend time working on content deepening. I'm hopeful this delay means we'll end up with a better game, as it should imply. There were a lot of little questions about this game that Miyamoto didn't really have answered, so maybe these things can be addressed with the extra time.

The only downside for me is it does put a question mark on the whole Smash Bros tie in. If Wolf's been planned all along as a tie in, is he getting delayed now too? I've been waiting a long while for him to get on the roster already so Krystal can get the full spotlight, but he's missed chance after chance and even if he's being planned as we speak it's too late for the ballot most likely. On the flip side, with every delay, the chances that Wolf and Krystal get released together increase. Now, it's not really the ideal scenario. The ideal scenario is that Wolf was announced a while ago so Krystal would be the sole big ballot threat from Star Fox. But it's becoming the ideal scenario. Assuming Wolf is still planned to be Star Fox Zero tie in, which while it makes sense is still a pretty big assumption, he may not be a thing until 2016. And that's enough time for the ballot to be assessed and a ballot character released along side him perhaps. Krystal is popular and seems like the ideal DLC "partner".

But Sakurai is hard to predict and as much as I want to believe in something that I both want and makes sense, we could see Star Fox get a giant DLC snub and some other barely popular character get in instead because he felt like it. I hope the more sensible thing to do is what happens, at least my idea of sensible, heh.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Huh. I guess their only killer app this holiday season is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

On a side note, there go any assumptions that they're holding off on revealing Wolf to use him to promote SFZ.
Do you feel that there is a possibility Sakurai might feel the pressure of Smash DLC having to pick up the slack in terms of big name stuff for this holiday? XCX is pretty much ALL there is for the rest of this year now other than trying to milk Super Mario Maker for a while longer. Now with SF0 and Pokken Tournament not releasing until 2016.

And because of this, I'm seriously questioning my original theory of Wolf being held to release with SF0. Actually, this completely shoots down that theory. Now I'm seriously left wondering why Wolf hasn't got in at this point, and why he might actually have to rely on the Ballot, and therefor not be guaranteed to get in.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
And because of this, I'm seriously questioning my original theory of Wolf being held to release with SF0. Actually, this completely shoots down that theory. Now I'm seriously left wondering why Wolf hasn't got in at this point, and why he might actually have to rely on the Ballot, and therefor not be guaranteed to get in.
There's always September 30th. They might pull another Roy/Ryu and release a new character with the Mario Maker stage.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, we do have a stage coming on the 30th, and some people have found reasons to believe a second one is getting released alongside it. That leads to me thinking this is another full wave we're about to see...and a character or two to finish off pre-Ballot content seems plausible.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well, we do have a stage coming on the 30th, and some people have found reasons to believe a second one is getting released alongside it. That leads to me thinking this is another full wave we're about to see...and a character or two to finish off pre-Ballot content seems plausible.
With so little coming for the rest of this year, I'm starting to think Sakurai has some really big surprises in store for us. I'd really love the SMM stage, along with a second one as we all seem to believe (in very good authority based on some pretty telling theories) and maybe some Pre-Ballot Character(s) which I would love to be Wolf. If Wolf gets in, it will have that same good feeling I had in Brawl in terms of roster and would have no reason to look back on the game. I mean hell, me playing on the 3DS, the Corneria stage actually had the Star Wolf theme as the alternate song! Wolf couldn't have been completely forgotten about for that to happen!

Give me 2 more stages (SMM and a surprise one, not attached to a character) and a Pre-Ballot character or two. THEN give me the 2-4 or more characters from the Ballot!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You guys have reminded me that I should be more excited for the 30th yet. I'm certain we'll get some more stuff, but what exactly, I'm not sure. If Wolf was in there just before ballot closing, we might even get a surge of Krystal votes before the end. Pretty much the dream scenario short of Krystal just getting flat out announced on the 30th. Sheesh, can you imagine if that happened? Even if these are dream scenarios, the realist in me says, "something is coming", so regardless of the outcome there's something to anticipate. I can get on board with new content for sure and it's not unrealistic to expect a character in there. If it's a character I want, I'll just be ecstatic and play the hell out of them. If it's not a character I wanted, I'll still buy them and try them out and be happy to have something new to experience.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You guys have reminded me that I should be more excited for the 30th yet. I'm certain we'll get some more stuff, but what exactly, I'm not sure. If Wolf was in there just before ballot closing, we might even get a surge of Krystal votes before the end. Pretty much the dream scenario short of Krystal just getting flat out announced on the 30th. Sheesh, can you imagine if that happened? Even if these are dream scenarios, the realist in me says, "something is coming", so regardless of the outcome there's something to anticipate. I can get on board with new content for sure and it's not unrealistic to expect a character in there. If it's a character I want, I'll just be ecstatic and play the hell out of them. If it's not a character I wanted, I'll still buy them and try them out and be happy to have something new to experience.
The team has had since June to work on something until now. The stages were clearly done enough to show off at the time and Tourny was being worked on for a while, and the only other content at the end of July was Mii Costumes. Since then they have had nothing to do that we known of at the time.

The SMM stage comes out and it looks to be the most complex stage to ever grace Smash. That's ONE thing they've been doing. Unless they already started work on Ballot characters for DLC, there was ample time to get -several- characters and stages done up until now. I'm expecting at least one character, and we're likely getting two stages because of the "stage_4" page not existing with SMM being "stage_5" and there clearly being room on the center aligned Extra Stages CSS where the SMM stage is shoved awkwardly to the left.

So we know for a fact that at least one more stage is coming, so it's not just SMM on the 30th. I think @ Delzethin Delzethin is right, we might get an entire Wave (Wave 4 wouldn't it be?) of DLC to be the last of the Pre-Ballot stuff. And after the content from the 30th all they have to do is announce the winners of the Ballot that will be made character DLC, churn those puppies out and wrap up Post-Launch Smash development and finally give Sakurai a break.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Im still kinda hopeful we find out they retconned Krystal in Zero. I don't care if we lose all that nonsense from Adventures. It has Tricky anyways so good riddance.
And while I doubt the delay was to add a new better story or implementing online multiplayer. I certainly hope those cutscenes look crisp.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
A part of me feels like they're adding Krystal to the game because of the delay xD It'd be nice if they did.. then I'd actually buy the game even if she has just one line at the end of the game and isnt playable xD just her appearance is worth it x) is that pitiful ? O.o

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
A part of me feels like they're adding Krystal to the game because of the delay xD It'd be nice if they did.. then I'd actually buy the game even if she has just one line at the end of the game and isnt playable xD just her appearance is worth it x) is that pitiful ? O.o
Not at all. I've seen people buy fighting games on the basis of the roster having one character they liked. I can't think it would be any different for a rail shooter, even if the individual abilities within the Arwing cockpits aren't as pronounced.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Im still kinda hopeful we find out they retconned Krystal in Zero. I don't care if we lose all that nonsense from Adventures. It has Tricky anyways so good riddance.
And while I doubt the delay was to add a new better story or implementing online multiplayer. I certainly hope those cutscenes look crisp.
Well, I don't think we'd find out even if they did since Zero is set before Krystal came into the picture.

Also, naturally, you'll find most of us disagree with this sentiment. Surprising, right?~

Disagree with the whole retcon thing that is. I think most of us would like to see a crisper Zero, heh.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Not at all. I've seen people buy fighting games on the basis of the roster having one character they liked. I can't think it would be any different for a rail shooter, even if the individual abilities within the Arwing cockpits aren't as pronounced.
I won't lie.

I only bothered with Soulcalibur because of Lizardman/Aeon Calcos. If SC6 cuts Lizardman/Aeon I will not buy it. Plain and simple. I only cared to try Mortal Kombat because of Reptile. I only bought the original Smash Bros. for 64 because Pikachu was there.

I honestly think the delay is to take care of these crappy level textures which were paraded around, tarred and feathered (including by me, because there was no excuse for an end-of-generation game to look that bad). Crisp worlds and crisp cutscenes. They're basically giving the game that much needed Nintendo brand of buffering and polish. I won't lie, I think if they rushed SFZ to November of this year it would have been panned, deserved or not. I think they should hold off as long as they need to.

And this is just what Miyamoto said, there could be other reasons as to why that he didn't specify. Obviously it had to be bad enough to make them delay the game when they were dead set to have it ready by holiday season. And that's not just to "please the fans" because it would sell the best during said season and now it's going to miss out on those sales...which is fine, if the game isn't ready for release. I'd rather have SFZ sell less copies and get praised, leading to more copies, than try to sell more too early and get panned, meaning no new copies are bought.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie

If she does miraculously appear in Zero and we find out later in an interview that the game was delayed to add her, i wouldnt be able to help to feel like i had something to do with it because of the whole "krystal4smash" thing i taped to the important paper i sent to them xD but I just biased :p of course all her fans on miiverse would have something to do with it too ;)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, I don't think we'd find out even if they did since Zero is set before Krystal came into the picture.

Also, naturally, you'll find most of us disagree with this sentiment. Surprising, right?~

Disagree with the whole retcon thing that is. I think most of us would like to see a crisper Zero, heh.
Just looking for some options to get Krystal in the game and stay in people's minds since the story is already Starfox 64 2. So they could add Krystal at least in some sort of cameo. One mission Fox has to defend the planet of Krystal's civilization, maybe Krystal learns about Starfox there or something. I don't know, I dont write them I just play them.

For the record, I like Adventures (didn't I said this 100 pages ago or something?). But the story was cheesy and not that necessary in the grand scheme of things. Right now it only works to introduce Krystal in the crew and that side-questy mission in Assault (dont remember if it has impact in Command though). And the remark about Tricky stays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom