• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's probably another returning stage, tbh.
I sure do hope it's Fourside.
anyhow my predicted ballot characters are (newcomers only): Issac, K Rool, Krystal, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Paper Mario, and Inkling
That seems to be a likely prediction, but in all seriousness, who'd ever vote for a TV character?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sakurai never said there would be a limit on DLC, I can also see Nintendo rereleasing Smash with all the DLC on disc
Bender was a joke post, hence the troll sign
He never said there would be a limit, but he did say the team couldn't stay together forever. 7 characters in about a year would be quite impressive to me.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Bender was a joke post, hence the troll sign
They explain why I am not laughing.

He never said there would be a limit, but he did say the team couldn't stay together forever. 7 characters in about a year would be quite impressive to me.
But it's possible that we might not get much more DLC either way

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No fan base is better than my fan base #ResurrectEdgy
Whatever you say. I'm laying a Krystal Amiibo on your grave when this is all over, old friend. I'll never forget the times we shared. Stay Edgy and may your memes spread like wildfire throughout the heavens.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
The game started development in early 2012 came out late 2014 51 characters at launch.

I think they can easily make 7 in a year.
Well maybe not easily it still takes a lot of effort to make just one character according to Samurai.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The game started development in early 2012 came out late 2014 51 characters at launch.

I think they can easily make 7 in a year.
Well maybe not easily it still takes a lot of effort to make just one character according to Samurai.
That was with a full team. Sakurai says the team is smaller. 4 is still my most optimistic number. Let me say that this is one of those things I would like to be wrong about. lol

Who wouldn't want 7 chances to get Krystal? =P

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
That was with a full team. Sakurai says the team is smaller. 4 is still my most optimistic number.

I still think they'll be doing 6~8 characters assuming there are two more pre ballot characters + 4 or 6 ballot chracters.
I just don't think they are able to hold a massive contest for new fighters in ssb4 just to put 2two character from the hundreds that were suggested.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm expecting six more DLC characters total, as that's the magic number that completely evens out the CSS on both Wii U and 3DS. We'll have two four-character fighter bundles, and one Star Fox bundle with Wolf, Krystal, and Venom. Call me hopeful.

As for who I think is winning the ballot, I honestly have no clue. I still feel like there is some sort of special Sakurai-related wall barring some characters getting in.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I still think they'll be doing 6~8 characters assuming there are two more pre ballot characters + 4 or 6 ballot chracters.
I just don't think they are able to hold a massive contest for new fighters in ssb4 just to put 2two character from the hundreds that were suggested.
To which Sakurai would chime in and say, "You're right! This ballot was much too major for one or two characters, which is why we're also using the votes for Mii costume ideas!" I'm kidding.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking there'll only be two more characters. IF there is more then all the more surprise to me.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Considering they cranked out 4 characters in the span of 7-8 months or so, they seem pretty capable of implementing them. While the DLC team is smaller than the team they had for the base games, you also have to remember that said DLC team also has significantly less to do. All they need to work on is DLC content and balance patches, meaning their workload is small enough to where they actually could afford to devote time to creating new characters. And even though Sakurai said he isn't sure how long the team will be able to stay together, he's been known to make defensive statements before only to surpass them.

I think around 6 more characters is pretty plausible, but I also think more is certainly possible.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Ever since the announcement of the new Mario Maker stage for smash & the evidence of a possible second stage people are speculating that there will be new characters as well. I believe we're only getting two new stages for now on the 30th and that's it.

Inb4 hype train derails on the 30th because of over speculation.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ever since the announcement of the new Mario Maker stage for smash & the evidence of possible second stage people are speculating that there will be new characters as well. I believe we're only getting two new stages for now on the 30th and that's it.

Inb4 hype train derails on the 30th because of over speculation.
There are no brakes on a hype train and that's precisely why they always crash and burn.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I think this Mario Maker Stage shows exactly what Nintendo is willing to do to market their games. Smash Bros. is the ultimate hub for advertising because of it's diverse variety of opportunities and possibilities. Personally, I think this supports my theory of a character DLC that correlates with the release of Star Fox Zero. What better way to increase your sale figures than to release a DLC that shows what the game is like on Smash Bros. (the Wii U's main attraction) where all the fans will purchase it. This then boosts sales for Super Mario Maker because some customers become interested in the game from the stage.

The question remains, will it be Wolf, Krystal, or both characters released as promotional DLC? I personally think that Krystal's chance is lowered since she isn't set to appear in Zero. This makes her less promotional because she doesn't have place in their new game. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong...hell, I even had a dream about her being confirmed last night. Which is odd, because I don't normally have dreams unless they're some sort of deja vu. Here's hoping I'm psychic. lol

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
That was with a full team. Sakurai says the team is smaller. 4 is still my most optimistic number. Let me say that this is one of those things I would like to be wrong about. lol

Who wouldn't want 7 chances to get Krystal? =P
I've said it before and ill say it again, I STILL predict 64 characters in total xD

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Well at least we'll get more DLC characters. I'm betting that on September 30th, we could get something more than just the Super Mario Maker stage itself and we can get a character reveal for DLC.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I think this Mario Maker Stage shows exactly what Nintendo is willing to do to market their games. Smash Bros. is the ultimate hub for advertising because of it's diverse variety of opportunities and possibilities. Personally, I think this supports my theory of a character DLC that correlates with the release of Star Fox Zero. What better way to increase your sale figures than to release a DLC that shows what the game is like on Smash Bros. (the Wii U's main attraction) where all the fans will purchase it. This then boosts sales for Super Mario Maker because some customers become interested in the game from the stage.

The question remains, will it be Wolf, Krystal, or both characters released as promotional DLC? I personally think that Krystal's chance is lowered since she isn't set to appear in Zero. This makes her less promotional because she doesn't have place in their new game. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong...hell, I even had a dream about her being confirmed last night. Which is odd, because I don't normally have dreams unless they're some sort of deja vu. Here's hoping I'm psychic. lol
A few others and I have had similar precognitive dream instances that she was confirmed, and for me i've had this sorta thing happen for other things and it would be the case, I wont say that i'm psychic because realistically you're not supposed to be, at least that I was told if I recall (it's against something I forget), but boy if i've had instances of thinking of a particular episode of something and that very episode pulls up later on or the moment I put the TV on then I dont know what else to say.

I will say though that I doubt any sort of Zero stage would help with gaining sales for the game, compared to Mario, Star Fox in general hasnt been as popular as it was over ten years ago due to the genre the game is dying off completely and Nintendo barely even mentioning it as they didnt even put a mini game in Nintendo Land or made any major references to it. They even had the one chance of getting the series popular again when the genre had a minor comeback on the Wii, but guess who couldnt justify that enough for lacking the proper gimmick? If I even recall he even said the entire game came from the scrapped Wii project.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
It's not necessarily about a stage or even a dead series. It's simply promoting a project in order to maximize sales and revenue. The fact that they are making a game at all means that they are trying to make money from the series...a series that hasn't seem much daylight for quite awhile. So, it's in their best interest to use some sort of promotional strategy in order to increase the target audience and the general awareness for the game. Hence, a character DLC could be a strategic move...especially considering that there are two characters from the series that are conveniently very high on the ballot. Regardless of whether the game is straight out of their asses, they want to maximize profits. What would be a better way to introduce an old game to a new audience then through the cultural hub that is Smash Bros?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And yet...that's never been their M.O. as far as character selection goes. The whole characters-as-promotion thing gets brought up constantly, and yet it's never been the main reason a character got in. Why would that change now?

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
For one this is uncharted territory in being DLC. Before, we've received new characters, but nothing ever matched up to coincide with other releases. The DLC we've received thus far didn't match with anything because there was nothing there. There was no opportunity to fill. Now there is. I'd say the same thing if we had a Donkey Kong game that was within the proper time frame. Hell, there may be one because I haven't checked. Regardless, my argument stands that this hasn't been a trend because there really hasn't been much of an opportunity. Though, now we've starting to see it with the Super Mario Maker stage. Why not fill a ballot option with Wolf or Krystal during what would be a prime opportunity?

We've seen Mewtwo, but that was a promise way before the game released. His purpose was to introduce us to the idea of DLC while satiating the want for that character for ages. Next, we had Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. Lucas had no real game to coincide and was once again just a fan-service returning veteran. Roy I feel was the same purpose. Ryu on the other hand, why was he there? We know there was little demand for the character. So, my hypothesis would be that the character was added as per agreement with Namco. It could have also been a slight promotion for Street Fighter V which is to release in 2016, but that seems a bit far off. I believe that character was also implemented to show that they are willing to broaden their view as far as what characters can be added from the ballot.

As far as I see it, this is one of their prime moments to use the DLC for promotional gain. This certainly wouldn't be the first time a gaming company has decided to introduce something to us at a pivotal time.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I'm going make a ballsy prediction here and say we're going to get Wolf & Krystal as DLC on the 30th of September along with the Mario Maker stage and the mystery 2nd stage plus some new mii fighter costumes. (Yes I know this goes against my earlier post, but who cares I'm awsome like that. XD)

Inb4 I get called crazy for my ballsy prediction.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm going make a ballsy prediction here and say we're going to get Wolf & Krystal as DLC on the 30th of September along with the Mario Maker stage and the mystery 2nd stage plus some new mii fighter costumes. (Yes I know this goes against my earlier post, but who cares I'm awsome like that. XD)
Th-that's a crazy prediction! I'm calling you out! So, what makes you think we'll get them on this date? Any specific reason or just a gut feeling?

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Th-that's a crazy prediction! I'm calling you out! So, what makes you think we'll get them on this date? Any specific reason or just a gut feeling?
Well the 30th of September is when the Mario Maker stage gets released. Basically I felt like being ballsy and decided to predict some new dlc characters along with it for fun because why the hell not!? XD

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Your prediction is my dream come true. Well, sort of. It's the latest iteration of my "dream come true". Getting Wolf and Krystal and getting them both at the soonest reasonable time available. The more time that's gone by without Wolf, the more I'm hopeful he manages to sneak in before the deadline or at least gets released with Krystal.

Once upon a time, the dream was to get Wolf announced at E3 and Krystal on the ballot. And Krystal would be in Zero and Zero would be built off of Assault in terms of content. Heck, once upon a time the dream was that Wolf would be a returning vet and Krystal would be the newcomer for Star Fox. And before that the dream was that either of them would become playable in Brawl, though I had a preference for Krystal's inclusion first. Heh, with changing circumstances I've changed my hopes and expectations. Been doing that for a while.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Your prediction is my dream come true. Well, sort of. It's the latest iteration of my "dream come true". Getting Wolf and Krystal and getting them both at the soonest reasonable time available. The more time that's gone by without Wolf, the more I'm hopeful he manages to sneak in before the deadline or at least gets released with Krystal.
Same here friend. It would also be a dream come true for me as well to see both of them confirmed as DLC. I'll tell you one thing though. If my prediction randomly becomes true I'll be laughing my a&$ off big time.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I've said it before and ill say it again, I STILL predict 64 characters in total xD
Counting Miis, we're at 55, which means we need 9 more. Can they do it?! Expectations intensify.
Well at least we'll get more DLC characters. I'm betting that on September 30th, we could get something more than just the Super Mario Maker stage itself and we can get a character reveal for DLC.
If It's before the deadline, I'm still thinking veteran. I sure am up awfully late. I can't be the only one, can I? Echo.
Same here friend. It would also be a dream come true for me as well to see both of them confirmed as DLC. I'll tell you one thing though. If my prediction randomly becomes true I'll be laughing my a&$ off big time.
So would Nintendo. The Krystal x Wolf combo gets a lot of snubs by people around here, but it would print money. It's not too shabby a same series bundle at all.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

You know, if this prediction actually comes true, you're essentially going to worshipped as a god around here.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Well maybe not as a god, but I would definitely buy a dinner for him. Plus ask him to tell more crazy predictions... That I want to happen. <_<
I'll buy him a dinner, too. In fact, we should just all throw a huge party for him. then proceed to take turns around the party table asking for predictions

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
So I checked Miiverse at seems Alfore started making more Krystal drawings.

which reminds me... She (probably?¿) never joined this thread.

I've also seen a couple more Miiverstage support post lately
Including an Idea I had for a post involving this guy saying Just Do it!

Top Bottom