• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wolf should have gotten in, not Marthy Roy (Roy Koopa is better).
It feels like this thread is sitting on a stack of TNT right now. Yes, I agree Wolf shouldn't have been cut, but the decisions aren't up to me. This is ignoring the fact we don't know if he actually has been cut yet. The final results are still ahead.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Chars like k rool have huge retro value to fans when compared to Krystal, especially since she basically appeared in all the less well received games.
Last I checked, the Smash Ballot's whole point is to see which characters the fanbase are interested in regardless of if they happen to be relevant at the moment. Krystal has always had support from people who think she's an interesting character who just hasn't been written as well as she could be, and not only does she have high moveset potential, there're several attacks that'd fit so naturally into a Smash moveset that it'd leave you wondering why it never happened before!

And in fact, if that Source Gaming article is any indication, Sakurai is already aware of this. She could've made it into Brawl if they hadn't been pressed for time!

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
It feels like this thread is sitting on a stack of TNT right now. Yes, I agree Wolf shouldn't have been cut, but the decisions aren't up to me. This is ignoring the fact we don't know if he actually has been cut yet. The final results are still ahead.
Here is the thing, It's guaranteed that he was not planned for the game judging by how it was developed.

The question is: Are they planning on making him playable after so many people (including me) missed him?

Honestly I have no idea, All I can say is that I find quite interesting the fact that a completely original character as Ryu appeared first and Wolf hasn't appeared in a long time, and I'm not talking just about Smash, seriously am I the only that find weird the fact that we didn't see him in Star Fox Zero?

Chars like k rool have huge retro value to fans when compared to Krystal, especially since she basically appeared in all the less well received games.
What matters is what people want, Sakurai made himself clear, from now on every characters that's going to appear will be fan service.

Krystal has been one of the most requested characters since Brawl, her support is strong even to this day, and retro value is not a deciding factor, Sakurai stated that one of the main things that he wanted for Smash 4 was more characters from Nintendo's latest games, after all we have, Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, Greninja, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Great. Trolled by a Mod. Ugh....

Anyways, Wolf really should've gotten in, and it's a shame he didn't. I know that myself and a lot of the pack over in the Wolf thread are still putting Votes for him, and I hear that a lot of people said they put one of their first votes for him out of respect. Still, that hasn't stopped some people from asking us to vote for their character because Wolf's a shoe-in anyways. I hope he is, but in reality, I know he might not be. It makes too much sense, but Sakurai is an insane person.

Regardless, I'd really like to consider the Wolf thread and the Krystal thread to be allies. After all, both are great characters from a great franchise who deserve a slot on the roster. So, please, let's try not to drive a dagger between ourselves, as we could both benefit one character's fanbase supporting the other's. Plus, aren't the Dixie Kong and the King K. Rool threads allies?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well I certainly hope you're right. I'd be hype for furry waifu in smash.
Bruh not sure if trolling or not, but most krystal fans don't vote for her because "muh furry waifu" or am I on 4chan or something now?

How do you have your mod creds again? --Oh wait this place is popular users now gets the mod title, nvm. No wonder its lackluster. (i was one of you before, i know how mods are born man, ive seen it.)

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
Bruh not sure if trolling or not, but most krystal fans don't vote for her because "muh furry waifu" or am I on 4chan or something now?

How do you have your mod creds again? --Oh wait this place is popular users now gets the mod title, nvm. No wonder its lackluster. (i was one of you before, i know how mods are born man, ive seen it.)
Uhhh no, I'm a furry and Krystal was a big reason for that. You can chill out though

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Uhhh no, I'm a furry and Krystal was a big reason for that. You can chill out though
That's cool and all man, just making sure.

I'm always chill, notice the avi. It was just a little poke, seems I touched something though. No hard feelings.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Well I certainly hope you're right. I'd be hype for furry waifu in smash.
I'm going to be straight up. Krystal was my childhood crush before I knew anything about the furry community growing up. That isn't the sole reason why I love her now though but I will always have that sweet-spot in my heart for her.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I've said this before, but those who seriously and still do consider the sequels to be the worst are the same entitled people that still cannot get past the one game that, nowadays didnt age all that well as they claimed it did. What I mean is these people to this day still act like 64 is the absolute masterpiece of the entire series, unbeknownst that both the genre the game is on top of the game itself aging very poorly. Rail shooters lost all popularity practically everywhere that only a small handful of special enthusiasts make em, but even then the audience is very niche, though while vertical and horizontal shooters are more popular even those are niche. As someone here said, development advances made this genre obsolete.

I dont hate 64, but I damn well know that it's not what I used to think it is, I bought a used copy of the 3D version, and I only did three rounds of it, after that I just never bothered with it again. I know about the medals, but I refuse to put myself through such trial and error to get something that doesnt serve any significance, a harder difficulty that IMO that should've been there from the start or after beating the hard course isnt worth it to me.

This is why I appreciate the sequels more because they not only have newer or improved gameplay elements, but they go past the Andross war and expand the universe and show what else happens with the crew. Falco left after a dispute with Fox, Fox and crew with Katt and her team stop a corrupt captain resurrecting Andross, Fox on a freelance mission goes to Sauria and ends up paired up with Krystal with Falco returning less irritated after saving the planet, and Fox and crew deal with a borg insect race.
I would mention Command events but we all know how awful and inconsistent that games story is, the cast were out out character

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Here is the thing, It's guaranteed that he was not planned for the game judging by how it was developed.

The question is: Are they planning on making him playable after so many people (including me) missed him?

Honestly I have no idea, All I can say is that I find quite interesting the fact that a completely original character as Ryu appeared first and Wolf hasn't appeared in a long time, and I'm not talking just about Smash, seriously am I the only that find weird the fact that we didn't see him in Star Fox Zero?.
No, not at all, and it's one more reason to look forward to the first full playthrough, isn't it? To see Wolf already and what his visualization in this game is going to be. I don't expect it to be terribly different from what we've seen before. It's strange they're keeping him hidden like they are at this point and that Pigma of all pilots is the first of the team you see.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
No, not at all, and it's one more reason to look forward to the first full playthrough, isn't it? To see Wolf already and what his visualization in this game is going to be. I don't expect it to be terribly different from what we've seen before. It's strange they're keeping him hidden like they are at this point and that Pigma of all pilots is the first of the team you see.
Of course Pigma is the first to be shown, he's everyone's favorite character... right?

Sexy beast...

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Of course Pigma is the first to be shown, he's everyone's favorite character... right?

Sexy beast...
He's my personal favorite on the squad, so that's not too far off. "Daddy screamed REAL good before he DIED." Only Krystal has a line more amazing than that!

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
He's my personal favorite on the squad, so that's not too far off. "Daddy screamed REAL good before he DIED." Only Krystal has a line more amazing than that!
Of course she does...
Krystal Hey Stop Joking Around.png

Krystal has some of the best quotes of any character in my opinion

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hey, that's pretty good. I actually haven't asked anyone I personally know to vote for Krystal. I think at best, I could swing one vote. Everyone has their personal favorites... My little brother is a Paper Mario fan and voted for him. A cousin is on record for saying he'd vote Shy Guy, and everyone else I know who plays the game has their own interest. I'd have way more success asking a perfect stranger than I would my own family tbh.
Well, I was clever enough to pull out the Wii and let my sister play my old copy of Adventures a few months ago. Got her reinterested in the series. Was easy to convince her to vote Krystal after that especially when I explained the other good reasons.

As for my three friends that I got to vote Krystal... none of them are as interested in Smash as me and only one of those three knew about the ballot before I told them. The one friend that had already voted voted to get Wolf back but I convinced him to vote Krystal too on another device which I happened to see him do since we were hanging out anyways. Then my other two friends were basically just like "sure, I'll vote for Krystal", after having played some Smash with me.

I have other friends that voted other ways though. I introduced a number of friends and family to the Shantae series over the years and I happen to know that some of them voted for her so I feel I've done my part for that character, heh. I'd like to see her too, but I simply can't believe it would happen. And then there's a few random character votes among the others. A cousin of mine voted for Banjo for instance. Sometimes I randomly find this stuff out in passing. I'm 4 for 4 with people I've actually asked to vote Krystal though. Mostly because I gauge their openness and whether they've voted already before asking.

I'd really like to consider the Wolf thread and the Krystal thread to be allies. After all, both are great characters from a great franchise who deserve a slot on the roster. So, please, let's try not to drive a dagger between ourselves, as we could both benefit one character's fanbase supporting the other's.
Absolutely agree with all this.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well, I was clever enough to pull out the Wii and let my sister play my old copy of Adventures a few months ago. Got her reinterested in the series. Was easy to convince her to vote Krystal after that especially when I explained the other good reasons.

As for my three friends that I got to vote Krystal... none of them are as interested in Smash as me and only one of those three knew about the ballot before I told them. The one friend that had already voted voted to get Wolf back but I convinced him to vote Krystal too on another device which I happened to see him do since we were hanging out anyways. Then my other two friends were basically just like "sure, I'll vote for Krystal", after having played some Smash with me.

I have other friends that voted other ways though. I introduced a number of friends and family to the Shantae series over the years and I happen to know that some of them voted for her so I feel I've done my part for that character, heh. I'd like to see her too, but I simply can't believe it would happen. And then there's a few random character votes among the others. A cousin of mine voted for Banjo for instance. Sometimes I randomly find this stuff out in passing. I'm 4 for 4 with people I've actually asked to vote Krystal though. Mostly because I gauge their openness and whether they've voted already before asking.
It's nice to hear you had a real opportunity to snag some votes before the looming deadline. I'm happy with my contribution. Voting in the official ballot is the ultimate must for any fan who wishes to see Krystal have a chance and we can be confident that those votes won't get thrown out. :smirk:

I don't think I would have been able to convince my brother one way or the other about Krystal even with a working GameCube. He's actually quite peeved about the series in general, but more specifically about Falco. Falco used to be his favorite before his breakout in Melee. When he gained a huge Smash following, he grew brothered and said Falco was becoming too mainstream. Describes Krystal as "that blue fox girl," so it doesn't sound like he was much interested to begin with. I'll try my luck with randoms online at a later point. I just have need to be smart about where I ask. The fur communities you'd think would be obvious, but I hear there's some resentment towards Krystal because she's exploded into an icon that's stealing all the attention from various OCs and other "underappreciated" characters. lol

Anyone with knowledge of that situation feel free to chip in.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's nice to hear you had a real opportunity to snag some votes before the looming deadline. I'm happy with my contribution. Voting in the official ballot is the ultimate must for any fan who wishes to see Krystal have a chance and we can be confident that those votes won't get thrown out. :smirk:

I don't think I would have been able to convince my brother one way or the other about Krystal even with a working GameCube. He's actually quite peeved about the series in general, but more specifically about Falco. Falco used to be his favorite before his breakout in Melee. When he gained a huge Smash following, he grew brothered and said Falco was becoming too mainstream. Describes Krystal as "that blue fox girl," so it doesn't sound like he was much interested to begin with. I'll try my luck with randoms online at a later point. I just have need to be smart about where I ask. The fur communities you'd think would be obvious, but I hear there's some resentment towards Krystal because she's exploded into an icon that's stealing all the attention from various OCs and other "underappreciated" characters. lol

Anyone with knowledge of that situation feel free to chip in.
I actually asked Mr. Krystal if he knows of any specific Krystal fan communities within these other communities. He's not yet gotten back to me and perhaps he doesn't have much to say in any case. Still, I'm certain some of these furry communities may have a general mixed feeling on Krystal, but within them there's probably a thread or a group in there somewhere that's all about Krystal. I have no experience with any of these communities however, so I don't know. Finding this stuff may not be as obvious as it is here on Smashboards where each character support group has a dedicated thread.

I'm not too interested in joining a community like that just to try and find Krystal supporters in the last few weeks either. I'd be a stranger anyways and just kind of barging in. Besides, I doubt they're places I'd choose to hang out in for any other reason, even being a Star Fox fan, so me being there would feel disingenuous. I'm kind of picky about where I hang out anyways. Gotta be passionate about it then find a reason to stick around after the passion has waned some, usually by finding good people to continue talking to. This, as opposed to forcing yourself into too many places for less legit reasons and making no true connections.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I actually asked Mr. Krystal if he knows of any specific Krystal fan communities within these other communities. I'm certain some of these furry communities may have a general mixed feeling on Krystal, but within them there's probably a thread or a group in there somewhere that's all about Krystal. I have no experience with any of these communities however, so I don't know. Finding this stuff may not be as obvious as it is here on Smashboards where each character support group has a dedicated thread.

I'm not too interested in joining a community like that just to try and find Krystal supporters in the last few weeks either. I'd be a stranger anyways and just kind of barging in. Besides, I doubt they're places I'd choose to hang out in for any other reason, even being a Star Fox fan, so me being there would feel disingenuous. I'm kind of picky about where I hang out anyways. Gotta be passionate about it then find a reason to stick around after the passion has waned some, usually by finding good people to continue talking to. This, as opposed to forcing yourself into too many places for less legit reasons and making no true connections.
I have that feeling too, that in the back of my mind it would be insincere for me to join a community just to ask a favor. I may as well be a bot if that's my intention. I'm trying to think of a classy way to do this and right now I'm coming up with nothing. Since I can't envision myself staying in one of those communities for very long, I wouldn't be able to ask the question guilt-free. I'm only connected to the furrydom insofar as being a Krystal fan, if that even counts. Beyond that, I'm not exactly involved with the culture.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I have that feeling too, that in the back of my mind it would be insincere for me to join a community just to ask a favor. I may as well be a bot if that's my intention. I'm trying to think of a classy way to do this and right now I'm coming up with nothing. Since I can't envision myself staying in one of those communities for very long, I wouldn't be able to ask the question guilt-free. I'm only connected to the furrydom insofar as being a Krystal fan, if that even counts. Beyond that, I'm not exactly involved with the culture.
Talking with Mr Krystal of the Krystal Archive wasn't a hard decision for me because it was just a one on one exchange and didn't require that I get involved in some community and basically infiltrate their ranks and influence from within or some nonsense. It was a literal and direct message, AND I got to talk to "sort of a big deal", especially among Krystal fans. I struck at the "weak spot" just like Krystal would've directed me to do... rather than spray shots everywhere. Basically, talking to Mr. Krystal I saw as easier and more effective than hunting down hidden communities myself.

And same here about the whole furry community thing. There's more I could say about it, but I'm prone to rambling... so instead I'll just think aloud in the spoiler below if you really want to read how I feel about "joining a furry community", heh.
I could see myself hanging out in a Star Fox community, but not a full furry super community. Online communities are usually hubs for people to share a passion, and I'm not passionate about furry characters in general... just some specific "furry characters". But related to the former, I think my passion for the characters and the game is directed differently anyways. Basically, I don't think I share quite the infatuation with the anthro designs as some, though I agree they're definitely part of the appeal. My "casualness" regarding this aspect of the characters might not fit in among a dedicated furry fandom. Not to mention, I'd probably be a little weirded out by their "hardcoreness", heh. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd last in a dedicated furry community even if it was Star Fox related.

A good analogy may be to imagine a fan of furry characters in general joining a Nintendo community not because they're a Nintendo fan but because they want to be in the Star Fox community. On the other hand, I'm a total Nintendo fan so ending up in a Smash community is natural. And finding a Krystal support group within is just convenient you could say. You see, I'm not here awkwardly. I could leave this thread and find many others on this board where I'd be at home, though I still favor this place. We can bring up many other Nintendo franchises and characters here and I can follow the discussion. If I was in a Krystal thread on a furry board and decided to randomly bring up Smash 4 ATs, I'd probably get crickets. Likewise, I'd be stuck there feeling awkward when they decided to talk about some furry art or something unrelated to Star Fox or Krystal. Lol, I don't even know what furry fans talk about. Latest cons maybe? Yep, I'm glad I have this place.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I've said this before, but those who seriously and still do consider the sequels to be the worst are the same entitled people that still cannot get past the one game that, nowadays didnt age all that well as they claimed it did. What I mean is these people to this day still act like 64 is the absolute masterpiece of the entire series, unbeknownst that both the genre the game is on top of the game itself aging very poorly. Rail shooters lost all popularity practically everywhere that only a small handful of special enthusiasts make em, but even then the audience is very niche, though while vertical and horizontal shooters are more popular even those are niche. As someone here said, development advances made this genre obsolete.

I dont hate 64, but I damn well know that it's not what I used to think it is, I bought a used copy of the 3D version, and I only did three rounds of it, after that I just never bothered with it again. I know about the medals, but I refuse to put myself through such trial and error to get something that doesnt serve any significance, a harder difficulty that IMO that should've been there from the start or after beating the hard course isnt worth it to me.

This is why I appreciate the sequels more because they not only have newer or improved gameplay elements, but they go past the Andross war and expand the universe and show what else happens with the crew. Falco left after a dispute with Fox, Fox and crew with Katt and her team stop a corrupt captain resurrecting Andross, Fox on a freelance mission goes to Sauria and ends up paired up with Krystal with Falco returning less irritated after saving the planet, and Fox and crew deal with a borg insect race.
I would mention Command events but we all know how awful and inconsistent that games story is, the cast were out out character
Agreed. Yes it is true, that Starfox 64 is my favorite entry in the series. But I also acknowledge Adventures and Assault to what they are and are my favorites in the series in every well. I'm not a 64 purist at all. All I care about is that I play a new entry in the series and just enjoy it to what it is. Speaking of that, I found some more Krystal art on the Internet and stumbled on which were

Speaking of that, it appears that Nintendo has finally named the next successor to Iwata who is this guy named Tatsumi Kimishima(former chief financial officer of The Pokemon Company and former president of Pokemon USA). Let's hope this guy knows what he is doing and cares about the fans like Iwata did.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The reports say he's a numbers guy with no technical expertise in development, and right now, smartphones are a juicy market. Not a promising combination.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
The reports say he's a numbers guy with no technical expertise in development, and right now, smartphones are a juicy market. Not a promising combination.
I still doubt that he would start taking that direction that you are implying with nintendo. Things probably won't change much and most likely nintendo stays the same with everything, good and bad. We'll just have to wait and see, but I doubt there's going to be big chances or anything, at least not for awhile.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I still doubt that he would start taking that direction that you are implying with nintendo. Things probably won't change much and most likely nintendo stays the same with everything, good and bad. We'll just have to wait and see, but I doubt there's going to be big chances or anything, at least not for awhile.
Even if he wanted to take the company that drastically into that direction, I'm sure Miyamoto and pretty much everyone else involved would have one or two things to say about it. They will have already had set plans for the future before Iwata passed away, after all.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
As long as no major IPs are flushed down that direction, never to resurface again on Nintendo hardware, I'll be okay. I want the mobile gaming thing to be an experiment at worst and a branch at best. Not the new business model.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Even if he wanted to take the company that drastically into that direction, I'm sure Miyamoto and pretty much everyone else involved would have one or two things to say about it. They will have already had set plans for the future before Iwata passed away, after all.
Exactly, Nintendo is a company yes, but it isn't just any company. It has a big legacy behind it and I don't see it chancing unless something really big would happen, or the chance would come reeeeeeeally slowly.

As long as no major IPs are flushed down that direction, never to resurface again on Nintendo hardware, I'll be okay. I want the mobile gaming thing to be an experiment at worst and a branch at best. Not the new business model.
Agreed.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
He also said they wouldn't make any major changes to Iwata's strategy, so I doubt we have much reason to be worried.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Okay, nevermind, I'd hate to see Nintendo become like Konami, throwing arguably it's best creative mind (Hideo Kojima) away just to pursue an already oversaturated and quite frankly unstable mobile gaming market

Well said, though a Fox and Krystal break up could have worked but not in the way they did it

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Hey guys I've been working on this art for awhile and thought I show some of the progress I'm making, it might not be good as @Krystal290 or @Krayon Kaphonie Krystal arts but I tried , well here it is

Oh and I saw the poll results from Japan from sourcegaming and I'm glad to see Krystal is one the most wanted/voted character but I think they should redo it because Roy is voted alot and he is already in the game and I'm also not counting certain characters because even if they are voted alot they still have a very low chance or no chance at all to be in smash. Two examples are Ice Climbers and Snake ( I still want them back tho especially the Ice Climbers).

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be straight up. Krystal was my childhood crush before I knew anything about the furry community growing up. That isn't the sole reason why I love her now though but I will always have that sweet-spot in my heart for her.
I, too, may be a furry, but I'm not a shallow perv.
Sure Pigma may have haters, but he makes a good villain, and thus a good character (unlike Slippy).
I'd really like to consider the Wolf thread and the Krystal thread to be allies. After all, both are great characters from a great franchise who deserve a slot on the roster. So, please, let's try not to drive a dagger between ourselves, as we could both benefit one character's fanbase supporting the other's. Plus, aren't the Dixie Kong and the King K. Rool threads allies?
Eh, fine by me.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Looking a little further into it I really think that could be krystal, note the thigh shapes

Sidenote, yes I did spend the last 10 minutes comparing Krystal and bayo's asses, I'm classy like that

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
@ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern lol 10 minutes, anyway at first when I saw the pic I thought it was Bayonetta but then I went to see a picture of her I felt like it probably wasn't her because the character that they are doing butt isn't the size of Bayo's butt so yeah it could be Krystal but one thing that is on my mind is that didn't they say that they are doing multiple smashified video of different characters at the end of September since the ballot ends next month.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
@ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern lol 10 minutes, anyway at first when I saw the pic I thought it was Bayonetta but then I went to see a picture of her I felt like it probably wasn't her because the character that they are doing butt isn't the size of Bayo's butt so yeah it could be Krystal but one thing that is on my mind is that didn't they say that they are doing multiple smashified video of different characters at the end of September since the ballot ends next month.
Yeah I heard about that too. They might very well be doing a bunch of characters this month so that they can finish before the ballot ends.

Anyone think they're going to continue doing Smashified after the ballot?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's probably Bayonetta but maybe...
Yeah, that's pretty interesting. Whoever that is, it ain't Dixie and it ain't Kumatora. It's probably someone with a body suit of some sort (like you mentioned Bayonetta). There is a spot right where the spine ends that they could create a tail for, though...

Seems like they're interested in teasing us.

We'll see what happens.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Yeah I heard about that too. They might very well be doing a bunch of characters this month so that they can finish before the ballot ends.

Anyone think they're going to continue doing Smashified after the ballot?
I guess it depends on how much people want it after the ballot is done.

Top Bottom