• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You do have a point. Because I remember when Brawl was still in development, they found some coding in the game that Dixie came this close to being worked on but it never happened. After all if K. Rool doesn't make the cut, then perhaps Dixie could and the DK fans can still get a third rep there. Better than not having a third DK rep at all. Same thing with Krystal in a situation like this.
We know that Krystal was at least in the early conceptual phase. They gave her a thought and the takeaway was that she was too different from Fox to get finished quickly. Star Fox evidently wasn't a top priority franchise and Wolf was made as a quick and easy way to answer the fanbase's request for a newcomer. Funny you should say that the DK fanbase should be glad to have Dixie because it's better than not having a third character at all. That was the exact same attitude Sakurai had when he gave that interview involving Krystal. I wonder if he can keep that same attitude after he's had enough time to implement any one character he wants. There is no rush and there is no "luck" involved this time. No one is "lucky" to be DLC.
Won't be long now till the ballot from the Smash website comes to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai starts announcing more DLC content by that time. Speaking of that, I heard a few days ago on the 4chan website that we'll be getting an October DLC update and from the characters we're getting, they are Wolf, Squirtle and Metal Mario. I personally don't see Metal Mario in the roster. Squirtle is a maybe. Wolf is the only logical choice of the three especially with the release of Zero drawing closer and that his development doesn't take that as long as doing a newcomer. For stages revealed on the 4chan site, they said Sector Z, Saffron City and Metal Mines. What do you guys think?
That was the only appealing thing about this fake for me. A lot of people were taken on the ruse cruise with this one. Kinda wonder why. Being creative and going against fan expectations must yield some nice results.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Reading the article on Krystal Archive, it seems Ayano's hitting TGS, this might very well help since she was in this

Cosplay.Ayano_.WonderFestival2015.Group_.jpg

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yeah, but even those can be just simple guesses. A lot of people are expecting Wolf for pre-ballot DLC, because it's supposedly so easy to do and sounds like a logical thing to happen. I could right now say "Wolf will be DLC in october, I found a secret paper on Sakurais desk at work that said so". And now if it does come true, I was a leaker who somehow had the information about it. Or if Wolf doesn't become DLC then I'm just a random liar who was guessing and hoping it to happen. Throwing other characters to my "leak" would just add my chances to be at least partially right. If even one would happen to be true in the end, people would still start to think that I somehow had some kind of leaked info in my hands.
So if there's no proof for such claims, then they're nothing but lies or "predictions". And even supposed "proof" can just be bunch of lies, like the most impressive fake leak about Rayman in smash.
Well then again, since the leak was from the 4chan website, almost nothing that is leaked turns out to be true. Because it's a site where stuff like that us posted by anonymous users. Like I said, the leak they said for Wolf along with the Sector Z stage for instance is the most logical which I can see and with the ballot drawing to a close on October 3, I can expect to hear some new DLC info coming up around that time from Sakurai.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The guy who gave 400+ votes for Krystal in the Ultimate Ballot Poll is now sharing the Individual Character Poll on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
WERE GOING TO GET SOME PRODUCTIVE RESULTS! :DD:DDD:DD:D:D:D

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well then again, since the leak was from the 4chan website, almost nothing that is leaked turns out to be true. Because it's a site where stuff like that us posted by anonymous users. Like I said, the leak they said for Wolf along with the Sector Z stage for instance is the most logical which I can see and with the ballot drawing to a close on October 3, I can expect to hear some new DLC info coming up around that time from Sakurai.

Wolf and Sector Z as DLC sounds realistic, but Snake and Shadow Moses would also be nice, depending on if Konami allows Snake to be in Smash,
I am 65% positive Krystal will be DLC, there's a perfect storm of factors working in our favor

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I just hope we haven't skewed the numbers too much. Hopefully most of the people voting are actual supporters.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I just hope we haven't skewed the numbers too much. Hopefully most of the people voting are actual supporters.
Well, it's hard to say how much Jordan's followers are actually Krystal fans too, but they're certainly Jordan fans and thus Krystal fans by proxy. Also, they truly represent ballot votes regardless of whether their Krystal support is true and pure. In terms of the votes coming from Jordan's army, we know he's gotten at least as much support from his followers on the ballot as he's managed on any poll. He's even emphasized that the ballot is paramount for him, as it should be. We can actually assume that the numbers we see him swing in polls are actually less big than what he's managed to swing on the ballot.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Well, it's hard to say how much Jordan's followers are actually Krystal fans too, but they're certainly Jordan fans and thus Krystal fans by proxy. Also, they truly represent ballot votes regardless of whether their Krystal support is true and pure. In terms of the votes coming from Jordan's army, we know he's gotten at least as much support from his followers on the ballot as he's managed on any poll. He's even emphasized that the ballot is paramount for him, as it should be. We can actually assume that the numbers we see him swing in polls are actually less big than what he's managed to swing on the ballot.

Idk I saw plenty of vote like:

Why should he/she become a fighter: Because she's awsome, Because, Jordan sweeto said so. ETC

LoL I remember I spent at least 30 mins thinking what should I write in my vote.:laugh:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's moot. Literally every other fanbase asks friends, family and randoms to vote their favorites. You couldn't be sure of any poll in the first place.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Idk I saw plenty of vote like:

Why should he/she become a fighter: Because she's awsome, Because, Jordan sweeto said so. ETC

LoL I remember I spent at least 30 mins thinking what should I write in my vote.:laugh:
That's true. Nintendo may disregard silly reasons for votes like that if there's enough of them. Can't be sure what kind of filters they have though.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
That's true. Nintendo may disregard silly reasons for votes like that if there's enough of them. Can't be sure what kind of filters they have though.
Speaking of vote reasons... deep breath* Aright

I've wanted to bring this up before but diden't because most of you are Wolf supporters.
but what if Sakurai dosen't see enough reasons to bring him back. I'm sure there's people who filled that 500 characters limt question in the ballot with good arguments. but most people (I've seen) voted him because 1) He was my Main 2) He was my favorite 3) We need more villains 4) He/she was really dissapointed he got cut wants it back now.

As for Krystal most votes (I've seen) 1) It would be an interesting character 2) She could play different than the other 3) she's got plenty of potential 4) we need more female characters.

I'm sure a Starfox character is guaranteed it can't stay in just 2 characters I think sakurai will have a hard time choosing.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I've wanted to bring this up before but diden't because most of you are Wolf supporters.
but what if Sakurai dosen't see enough reasons to bring him back. I'm sure there's people who filled that 500 characters limt question in the ballot with good arguments. but most people (I've seen) voted him because 1) He was my Main 2) He was my favorite 3) We need more villains 4) He/she was really dissapointed he got cut wants it back now.
If Sakurai doesn't see enough reasons to bring him back, I'm sure a portion of the fanbase will flip out, simmer down, and then things go back to normal with a grudge held against the man. That's pretty much what I think every cut does.
As for Krystal most votes (I've seen) 1) It would be an interesting character 2) She could play different than the other 3) she's got plenty of potential 4) we need more female characters.

I'm sure a Starfox character is guaranteed it can't stay in just 2 characters I think sakurai will have a hard time choosing.
In my writeup, I appealed to Nintendo's financial interests as well as describing why I think Krystal could bring something fresh to the game. I didn't want to emphasize the gameplay without addressing the elephant in the room that Nintendo is, at the end of the day, most interested in.

Thank god for edit buttons.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's moot. Literally every other fanbase asks friends, family and randoms to vote their favorites. You couldn't be sure of any poll in the first place.
That could be an interesting question among our group. How many of us have gotten friends or family to vote whether by device borrowing or directing/convincing them to do themselves. And how many extra votes have you gotten this way.

I've convinced three of my friends and my sister plus used one of parents devices while visiting. I myself have voted twice using two different devices of my own too. And that's just what I know of people I know irl. I'm far more active about my support online.

I should note that one of my votes was for Wolf and was made near the beginning of the ballot however. I've fully supported Krystal since though I wouldn't mind other newcomers.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

Well honestly I'm sure every character that was voted has some "I want *insert character here* in smash because s/he's the best" types of descriptions.
I myself simply explained how the character nearly writes itself regarding to move set and also does have a lot of potential to be something interesting. Also mentioned that I would love (like many of us) to see Krystal finally showing what she can do in a fight, because she has never gotten the chance to show it.

That could be an interesting question among our group. How many of us have gotten friends or family to vote whether by device borrowing or directing/convincing them to do themselves. And how many extra votes have you gotten this way.

I've convinced three of my friends and my sister plus used one of parents devices while visiting. I myself have voted twice using two different devices. And that's just what I know of people I know irl. I'm far more active about my support online.
My friend decided to vote for Krystal because I was talking about how I wanted her in smash. He isn't really interested in smash so he didn't care for the whole thing, but he did want to help my dream to come true :3, and I didn't even ask for him to do it. I wrote the description of his vote so that it be more like a real vote, rather than just something meaningless like "because my friend wants her in smash".

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I've convinced three of my friends and my sister plus used one of parents devices while visiting. I myself have voted twice using two different devices. And that's just what I know of people I know irl. I'm far more active about my support online.
Hey, that's pretty good. I actually haven't asked anyone I personally know to vote for Krystal. I think at best, I could swing one vote. Everyone has their personal favorites... My little brother is a Paper Mario fan and voted for him. A cousin is on record for saying he'd vote Shy Guy, and everyone else I know who plays the game has their own interest. I'd have way more success asking a perfect stranger than I would my own family tbh.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

As a person who played Wolf a lot in Brawl and would love to have him come back. I do agree Krystal overall has the better criteria. From the looks of all the DLC veterans we got, they've stay the same, meaning Wolf most likely wouldn't get a rework. So his potential is not really there. I have to disagree with the people who say Wolf is unique, cause he's not, he's a semi-clone. Even Sakurai admitted that he was a 70% effort. Having your main get cut is heartbreaking, but there comes a time where you ask yourself, "was this character really worth keeping around." If Sakurai saw the potential to keep him around, he still would be here. But he's not, meaning Sakurai saw him as low priority.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but this is how I feel. In all honesty, if it had to come down to the two, I would choose Krystal, no matter how sad it may be to let Wolf go. If we get both, that's amazing. But, Krystal just offers way more to the table and if Sakurai has to come down to making a choice, Krystal should be the one to go with.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
If Sakurai doesn't see enough reasons to bring him back, I'm sure a portion of the fanbase will flip out, simmer down, and then things go back to normal with a grudge held against the man. That's pretty much what I think every cut does.

I feel like he already diden't saw enough reasons to bring him back, Was it because sakurai though he wasen't popular ? Probably not he got massive request support back in brawl theres 3 freaking Starwolf themes in sm4sh.
So I guess it was because of how he turned out to be.
I feel like he already diden't saw enough reasons to bring him back, Was it because sakurai though he wasen't popular ? Probably not he got massive request support back in brawl theres 3 freaking Starwolf themes in sm4sh.
So I guess it was because of how he turned out to be.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne

I've convinced three of my friends and my sister plus used one of parents devices while visiting. I myself have voted twice using two different devices of my own too. And that's just what I know of people I know irl. I'm far more active about my support online.

I should note that one of my votes was for Wolf and was made near the beginning of the ballot however. I've fully supported Krystal since though I wouldn't mind other newcomers.
I told my sister about the ballot and she voted for Impa, which I don't mind that much cause I'm an Impa fan.

To be honest, if I asked most people to vote for Krystal, it would either be "sorry man, I voted for King Shovel Bandana Isaac the Half-Genie" or "... Crystal? ..."

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I feel like he already diden't saw enough reasons to bring him back, Was it because sakurai though he wasen't popular ? Probably not he got massive request support back in brawl theres 3 freaking Starwolf themes in sm4sh. So I guess it was because of how he turned out to be.
I think Wolf was caught out in an odd time. Star Fox wasn't priority this Smash, Roy was already in the works since Brawl, Mewtwo is Mewtwo and Lucas was next in line. Then you have Sakurai talking about how DLC is going to be straight fanservice from now on, which probably caught the Wolf fans unaware since they were confident he would be preballot (I think). So now it's a frantic race to make up for lost time and get the support in, not knowing whether Wolf was indeed preballot anyway or if he needs every vote he can get. I myself am not sure what to think. Depending on what theory you subscribe to, there's cause for optimism or alarm.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I told my sister about the ballot and she voted for Impa, which I don't mind that much cause I'm an Impa fan.

To be honest, if I asked most people to vote for Krystal, it would either be "sorry man, I voted for King Shovel Bandana Isaac the Half-Genie" or "... Crystal? ..."

Sakurai: Ok what's with this people voting for a freaking mineral.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !

None of my friends are into smash soI guess they don't voted... and I don't want to force them to vote for a character they don't even know.
My sister however said she would like Banjo. she hasen't voted but she told me a lot of her friends also wanted/voted banjo.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
None of my friends are into smash soI guess they don't voted... and I don't want to force them to vote for a character they don't even know.
My sister however said she would like Banjo. she hasen't voted but she told me a lot of her friends also wanted/voted banjo.
...Banjo?...

Sakurai: Man these people will vote for anything

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

I just got my third vote in today. Went to my aunts so I figured I might as well take my laptop and use that opportunity to vote. I also have this really cool friend of mine who is happy to vote Krystal in pretty much every poll I send his way, including the ballot, despite him being pretty indifferent about her. He doesn't play Smash, so he didn't care about sacrificing his vote.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
This is going to seem very random and out of no where but I need to say this real quick and get it off my mind before it drives me crazy.

I have no intentions of starting any fight but I can't stand it when a Wolf support talks about "Fearing" for him if he will get into Smash or not. That is not fear, at least he got in a Smash game before. No, fear was not knowing whether or not your favorite character was going to appear in her own series. Fear was waiting months for new information about the next game and hoping that there was something about her. Fear was the week leading up to E3 and holding out for some hope that Krystal would somehow still be there. Now there is the fear that she may never appear again in another Star Fox game. That is fear and not what you Wolf supports think is fear; at least you can sit there and not have to worry EVER about whether or not Wolf is being removed from his own series.
Thank you for listening to my not so little and emotional rant.

Yes, this is 100% for you Logo since I doubt that there is another person that just happens to have your user name over at GameFAQs at the same time. You won't respond to me there but I want your response here

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This is going to seem very random and out of no where but I need to say this real quick and get it off my mind before it drives me crazy.

I have no intentions of starting any fight but I can't stand it when a Wolf support talks about "Fearing" for him if he will get into Smash or not. That is not fear, at least he got in a Smash game before. No, fear was not knowing whether or not your favorite character was going to appear in her own series. Fear was waiting months for new information about the next game and hoping that there was something about her. Fear was the week leading up to E3 and holding out for some hope that Krystal would somehow still be there. Now there is the fear that she may never appear again in another Star Fox game. That is fear and not what you Wolf supports think is fear; at least you can sit there and not have to worry EVER about whether or not Wolf is being removed from his own series.
Thank you for listening to my not so little and emotional rant.

Yes, this is 100% for you Logo since I doubt that there is another person that just happens to have your user name over at GameFAQs at the same time. You won't respond to me there but I want your response here
While I agree, that most people don't know true fear.... (i mean i havent seen any character being supported that people actually want retconned)

...Guys, Logo is odd. But lets not start any fights.

We already have people mad at us for Jordan as it is.

(For the record for the lurkers, lyn is my no. 1 choice. I'm just being realistic and being vocal toward the character that needs my help the most... bomberman doesn't need my help, he's doin good.)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Krystal in smash bros is the dream the new starfox game crushed
Not necessarily my friend.

Zero has 64/1/2 elements and the story is purely 64 with mixed 1 and 2 parts thrown in.

If you are thinking retcon, its better to wait for the next game to start claiming that. As 64 was before her time.

Steam

Smash Hero
Well more like smash tends to cater to games that are current. No Krystal in the game makes inclusion a lot less lokely

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily my friend.

Zero has 64/1/2 elements and the story is purely 64 with mixed 1 and 2 parts thrown in.

If you are thinking retcon, its better to wait for the next game to start claiming that. As 64 was before her time.
Not to mention that by default the game is not canon. One of the game's directors acknowledged the game as a parallel universe to the rest of the series so the fact that she is not there is nothing to worry about, after all as you said 64 was before her time.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well more like smash tends to cater to games that are current. No Krystal in the game makes inclusion a lot less lokely
True but that doesn't stop.

Isaac
King K rool
etc. etc.

Even some vets from this game don't even have a game. Or their franchise is dead, smash can also be used to revitalize a character and franchise, it doesn't always promote the most recent thing.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Krystal in smash bros is the dream the new starfox game crushed
Except it didn't. After all, if Krystal's absence from Star Fox Zero rules her out--a game that the dev team went on record to say isn't a retcon--then doesn't that also mean King K. Rool is done for since he hasn't been in the last two Donkey Kong Country games? Might that mean Isaac is done for as well, since his entire home series is on hiatus?

I don't think any of us want that. Anyone who acts like that situation only applies to Krystal is being a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
Chars like k rool have huge retro value to fans when compared to Krystal, especially since she basically appeared in all the less well received games.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I think Wolf was caught out in an odd time. Star Fox wasn't priority this Smash, Roy was already in the works since Brawl, Mewtwo is Mewtwo and Lucas was next in line. Then you have Sakurai talking about how DLC is going to be straight fanservice from now on, which probably caught the Wolf fans unaware since they were confident he would be preballot (I think). So now it's a frantic race to make up for lost time and get the support in, not knowing whether Wolf was indeed preballot anyway or if he needs every vote he can get. I myself am not sure what to think. Depending on what theory you subscribe to, there's cause for optimism or alarm.
Wolf should have gotten in, not Marthy Roy (Roy Koopa is better).

Top Bottom