• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Thanks Wolfheart!

Yeah, I've seen that pic before. There's this one Miiverse artist that posts Krystal whenever she can, like everyday. She did that one you screen capped and she did one on the same day I did mine, so yesterday. Probably half of the "support Krystal" art you see on Miiverse is from her I bet... probably isn't an exaggeration either. She "yeah'd" my Krystal pic, so that's pretty sweet.

Here's the one she posted just yesterday...

And here's a few I spotted while playing as Fox on Miiverse a couple days ago. The ones that featured Wolf and Krystal support. I had to dig around in Fox's Miiverse support page but I found them. Turns out the first two of them were by the same artist. The third Krystal looks weird, but it's the thought that counts. The fourth, well it's the thought that counts there too, heh. Saw them all in just a couple matches with Fox within a couple minutes of each other! I was pretty impressed. It inspired me to do my own.

Edit: Was just playing Fox on Miiverse again and my post was one of the first to show up! Guess it takes a day for the new ones to cycle on. Plus I think "yeahs" have an influence too. Had to stage a screen cap the next time my post showed up, so I did...

Edit 2: Okay, so Nintendo reeaaally doesn't want me to find a way to post a screenshot taken on the Miiverse stage anywhere.

Edit 3: Where there's a will, there's a way...

View attachment 65985
I think I know who the person is you're talking about. If I'm not mistaken, this person has made posts on Krystal no matter who the character is that won. But at least it's a good way to spread awareness around her and with her and Wolf getting the great amount of support, this is really good news for all of us. This person goes by the name Alfore in the Miiverse and from what I'm seeing, Alfore is a true Krystal supporter and I'm happy to see that. Speaking of that, check out this pic made from Alfore that I found really cool and it does make sense. Hopefully all of this support for her will finally convince Sakurai that Krystal can be a unique character with such a great moveset potential and another staff wielder like Palutena.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I think I know who the person is you're talking about. If I'm not mistaken, this person has made posts on Krystal no matter who the character is that won. But at least it's a good way to spread awareness around her and with her and Wolf getting the great amount of support, this is really good news for all of us. This person goes by the name Alfore in the Miiverse and from what I'm seeing, Alfore is a true Krystal supporter and I'm happy to see that. Speaking of that, check out this pic made from Alfore that I found really cool and it does make sense. Hopefully all of this support for her will finally convince Sakurai that Krystal can be a unique character with such a great moveset potential and another staff wielder like Palutena.

Yeah, Nintendo's got to have money.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

I can only put up three images per post, but I have gone through his posts and well

Duck Hunt MlWA77xhAAMVeWn5JV.png
Fox MlWA77woqh4E3dWBnV.png
Kirby MlWA77xtaacIMVpVp6.png

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Yep, that's the very same person. If there was any question as to who I was talking about, seeing Alfore's Miiverse history shows both the latest Krystal pic of hers I shared as well as the kiss one you did... and many many others. I assume Alfore is a her since the Mii looks like a girl Mii, but you never know with people, heh.

Also, I dug around Alfore's Miiverse stuff so naturally I've seen all these pics.

I can only put up three images per post, but I have gone through his posts and well

View attachment 66145 View attachment 66146 View attachment 66147
Yep, just a few of the dozens and dozens. As I recall, I like the Villager one. It's cute.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Since we're on the topic of Krystal support I have a story to tell. Basically while I was playing a friend I met on Miiverse on smash bros. I pulled out my Krystal Mii fighter along with my KrystalDLC tag, and after I beat him with my Krystal Mii he literally voted for her after the match while we were selecting new characters for the next match.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Since we're on the topic of Krystal support I have a story to tell. Basically while I was playing a friend I met on Miiverse on smash bros. I pulled out my Krystal Mii fighter along with my KrystalDLC tag, and after I beat him with my Krystal Mii he literally voted for her after the match while we were selecting new characters for the next match.
Which is fantastic news, and since Wolf is almost guarenteed to be back in Smash, since he'd fit the fanservice clause to the letter and because of Zero (Which I won't get on release, since Fallout 4 will be my main title this year, since I play all games, hence my title) , everyone can now focus on Krystal

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
So watching this video here, a guy around the point where the cosplayer is outside mentioned trying to help get her in Smash, and speaking of, I think it was mentioned or shown somewhere that a guy at another convention was trying to get support by walking around with a large sign featuring her with words asking for support. I obviously havent finished watching the video since it's two hours long, but I just wanted to inform you of this.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
So watching this video here, a guy around the point where the cosplayer is outside mentioned trying to help get her in Smash, and speaking of, I think it was mentioned or shown somewhere that a guy at another convention was trying to get support by walking around with a large sign featuring her with words asking for support. I obviously havent finished watching the video since it's two hours long, but I just wanted to inform you of this.
I have been watching the video as well. I still have yet to finish it since like you said it is a long video. Anyway, I've seen several videos of that Krystal cosplayer. She is a native from Japan and came to her first convention here in the U.S in Texas not long ago. Her name is Ayano Harumaki and I have to say. That is such an awesome costume she has of our favorite blue vixen in both her Adventures and Assault costumes. Definitely a true Krystal fan/supporter. In fact, here are some photos of her I found from the Krystal Archive.

BTW guys, has there been any new info from the datamining from those who were digging up for new info from the latest version(1.1.0) of Smash 4 like how we found out from the last version of 1.0.6(after the Mewtwo DLC) where we found out about Ryu and Roy coming up? Because that went quiet there or they may be secretive this time around and not show anything else.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nothing in the Datamine besides what we already know. There's two empty slot of Mario's data as filler. This could mean only two more characters or there were 6 DLC characters planned from the start and the last two haven't been revealed yet.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't think this has been posted before so
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There were 3 file names. Isaac, Krystal, and Octoling.
I'm guessing Octoling was planted there because why would Octolings get Smashified.
I'm hoping Isaac is next but we have that pink hair problem which I think is just a recolor.
So that leaves Krystal, who might be after Isaac if the next one is indeed Isaac (it better ****ing be).

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this has been posted before so
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There were 3 file names. Isaac, Krystal, and Octoling.
I'm guessing Octoling was planted there because why would Octolings get Smashified.
I'm hoping Isaac is next but we have that pink hair problem which I think is just a recolor.
So that leaves Krystal, who might be after Isaac if the next one is indeed Isaac (it better ****ing be).
Yeah. I remember that part. I really hope it is Krystal too. That Smashified of her world be a big help for support in the Ballot if made in time.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Either ways, I'm looking forward to Krystal's. I can't wait to see what Omni's spin on her look is.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have an idea for a different victory theme if Krystal gets in, besides the Star Fox victory theme:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwnpzAl-qs
(00:15-00:23)
No one else really has a unique theme so I don't think she's going to get one. The most she'll get is a different version of the theme that Fox and Falco share like what Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Meta Knight has.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
No one else really has a unique theme so I don't think she's going to get one. The most she'll get is a different version of the theme that Fox and Falco share like what Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Meta Knight has.
Wrong, Dark Pit, Meta Knight, Wario, and Rosalina all have unique victory themes
Well if she does get in as Sm4sh DLC this will be my reaction:
Let's play that on the Star Fox section of GameFaqs and The Smash section of Gamefaqs

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wrong, Dark Pit, Meta Knight, Wario, and Rosalina all have unique victory themes

Let's play that on the Star Fox section of GameFaqs and The Smash section of Gamefaqs
Lol forgot about Rosalina. I didn't even know Dark Pit had his own theme. Wario is from a different series (he represents the Warioware franchise and Warioland) which is why he has a different theme. I still find it extremely unlikely Krystal will get her own victory theme.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Lol forgot about Rosalina. I didn't even know Dark Pit had his own theme. Wario is from a different series (he represents the Warioware franchise and Warioland) which is why he has a different theme. I still find it extremely unlikely Krystal will get her own victory theme.
Well, technically, Wario and Yoshi are from subseries that are still part of the main Mario 'verse, but they have their own icons, so the unique victory theme makes sense for them.

But yeah, point remains, Krystal probably wouldn't get a new theme.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well you can post ideas for her victory theme, its just unlikely she'll get a unique one. I do hope for Smash 5, they give everyone a unique victory theme.
That'd be nice but I seriously doubt it, they didn't even get remixed from Brawl to Smash 4.

Plus there's quite a few characters that I really can't think of any for whatsoever, most notably being the pokemon characters

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That'd be nice but I seriously doubt it, they didn't even get remixed from Brawl to Smash 4.

Plus there's quite a few characters that I really can't think of any for whatsoever, most notably being the pokemon characters
Well, with the Pokemon, I'm sure they could think of something considering the huge amount of Pokemon songs.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
To sorta get around the limit, I decided to take what there is so far and make it into one image

View attachment 66201
You know, I haven't been here in a while. I've also always have wanted Krystal in Smash, she was my number 1 until Wolf ended up being cut. That still stands, but damn. Those pictures really just make me want her in Smash even more

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
What I'm about to say probably has been brought up before, but I'll take my chances. From my observations it seems Nintendo is putting Star Fox back in the spot light again. Evidence to prove this was shown at this years E3, and plus the fact that Command was released on the Wii U's virtual console not too long after. Seeing that Nintendo is giving Star Fox attention again it wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai gave the same treatment to Star Fox in Sm4sh right now in terms of DLC. I see this as a feasible possibility that Sakurai could make happen, but seeing how he's done things previously with the most recent DLC I'm not so sure.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What I'm about to say probably has been brought up before, but I'll take my chances. From my observations it seems Nintendo is putting Star Fox back in the spot light again. Evidence to prove this was shown at this years E3, and plus the fact that Command was released on the Wii U's virtual console not too long after. Seeing that Nintendo is giving Star Fox attention again it wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai gave the same treatment to Star Fox in Sm4sh right now in terms of DLC. I see this as a feasible possibility that Sakurai could make happen, but seeing how he's done things previously with the most recent DLC I'm not so sure.
Miyamoto did say this would be the year of Star Fox. They've delivered in everything else but Smash DLC. At the least, there should be a costume, a song, or a stage if this effort by Nintendo to put Star Fox back into the limelight is genuine. Let's be honest though, playable characters would make the most money and that's where our interest is as far as Krystal's concerned.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Though for the record, I am not going to buy Star Fox Zero, I am also sick of Nintendo always going back to the drawing board when an idea fails, it's like Nintendo is afraid of failure, my attitude is that if you keep trying, you'll succeed, Innovation requires you to keep trying and improving, that's the whole point, Nintendo lost twice competing, but that doesn't mean they had to give up, Sega did, but SEGA lost because of stupidity. Nintendo USED to be innovative but not anymore, Innovation isn't a gimmicky new controller which the idea is nothing new, innovation isn't a built in gyroscope, (Which for the record, Sony beat Nintendo to, remember the SIXAXIS?), innovation is trying NEW ideas, yes the 3DS is innovative

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Though for the record, I am not going to buy Star Fox Zero
What about a rental? :)
I am also sick of Nintendo always going back to the drawing board when an idea fails, it's like Nintendo is afraid of failure, my attitude is that if you keep trying, you'll succeed, Innovation requires you to keep trying and improving, that's the whole point, Nintendo lost twice competing, but that doesn't mean they had to give up, Sega did, but SEGA lost because of stupidity. Nintendo USED to be innovative but not anymore, Innovation isn't a gimmicky new controller which the idea is nothing new, innovation isn't a built in gyroscope, (Which for the record, Sony beat Nintendo to, remember the SIXAXIS?), innovation is trying NEW ideas, yes the 3DS is innovative
Innovation is kinda low on my priority list and I'm glad the gyro controls are optional. I want Zero to have memorable gameplay. Another thing is the writing. I don't expect amazing things, but I want the memes to be kept to a minimum. Nintendo has been using more and more of them in their writing lately and that concerns me.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What about a rental? :)

Innovation is kinda low on my priority list and I'm glad the gyro controls are optional. I want Zero to have memorable gameplay. Another thing is the writing. I don't expect amazing things, but I want the memes to be kept to a minimum. Nintendo has been using more and more of them in their writing lately and that concerns me.
I plan on waiting until the price goes down to get SF:Zero, and getting it pre owned, my money is going to Bethesda this holiday season, (Yes for Fallout 4) Nintendo had their chance to impress me with SF:Zero and their other holiday offerings, and they blew it sky high, Yes the gameplay is important, but if the game is too short, the gameplay feels unsatisfying and for me, a game equals to hours of enjoyment.
With how much Nintendo beat the dead horse that was the barrell roll meme, that doesn't suprise me, and it just screams laziness and lack of creativity, (which is ironic considering that's what Ninty is known for)

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Either ways, I'm looking forward to Krystal's. I can't wait to see what Omni's spin on her look is.
I wonder how he'll make her look. If he goes off of the other Star Fox character's appearances we may get a hybrid look, which I think will be my preference. Of course, he could just go for straight up Adventures, Assault, or Command looks... but I think that would be less interesting and maybe even more polarizing? I wonder what the Twitter peeps and other people requesting Krystal around the Smashified communities are asking for? Fox, Falco, and Wolf seemed to have taken mainly from 64 and Command looks. Krystal wasn't in 64 so a hybrid look for her might be Adventure's and Command? Seems like a weird combo. I think if she could get some 64 styling mixed with her Assault outfit, I think that would be awesome. I suppose the closest canon thing to that would be her appearance in Command as a Star Wolf member, just without the helmet. A really nice example of more what I'm thinking is the outfit Krystal has in the full version of Wolfheart's sig. I like the idea of the jacket and a less tight garment underneath. Kind of more like Fox's looks but with a bit of Krystal flare. I don't mind at all if she looks uniformed with the team of Fox and Falco because she'll move and play so much more differently as a character.... at least she should.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With Krystal there's 4 looks in the usual FanArt: Adventures (which does nothing to stop the furbait accusations), Assault, Command (cus all girls wear pink right?) or 64 styled.

If Krystal does get in Smash I think they'll either update her design to fit in with Fox and Falco (who are a combination of 64 and Command) or do what they did with Roy and combine elements of all her designs.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I wonder how he'll make her look. If he goes off of the other Star Fox character's appearances we may get a hybrid look, which I think will be my preference. Of course, he could just go for straight up Adventures, Assault, or Command looks... but I think that would be less interesting and maybe even more polarizing? I wonder what the Twitter peeps and other people requesting Krystal around the Smashified communities are asking for? Fox, Falco, and Wolf seemed to have taken mainly from 64 and Command looks. Krystal wasn't in 64 so a hybrid look for her might be Adventure's and Command? Seems like a weird combo. I think if she could get some 64 styling mixed with her Assault outfit, I think that would be awesome. I suppose the closest canon thing to that would be her appearance in Command as a Star Wolf member, just without the helmet. A really nice example of more what I'm thinking is the outfit Krystal has in the full version of Wolfheart's sig. I like the idea of the jacket and a less tight garment underneath. Kind of more like Fox's looks but with a bit of Krystal flare. I don't mind at all if she looks uniformed with the team of Fox and Falco because she'll move and play so much more differently as a character.... at least she should.
For me, it should be more of a hybrid of every world put together for Krystal like what they did with Fox and Falco just like how they did it for them in the upcoming SF Zero game for instance. Can't wait to see Omni's take on Krystal being Smashified soon. As for the sig you're talking about, here's the full pic for it for everyone so that they would get an idea how it would look like.

Also, not long ago, Nintendo posted some more official character art for the main cast for the upcoming SF Zero game and here it is:

Speaking of that, it appears that Alfore recently posted this new Krystal support pic in the Miiverse and here it is:

Top Bottom