• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but this basically deconfirms Krystal, unfortunately:

Note how her model is still blocky. Like, Assault-level blocky. Plus, if she were playable there would be a piece in the description that describes how she plays (the leak showed a picture of Wario's trophy that was posed just like his render and mentioned a special move, specifically Wario Waft).
She could potentially be DLC maybe many months later, but at launch it looks like she's a lost cause. I'm still happy with the current roster though (now that Shulk is in).

Seems everyone states this, even though repeatedly it's been acknowledged and answered (to some degree). Yes, we know the trophy exists (have for some time), and it's been subject to more curiosity than disbelief. It's agreed that the possibility for DLC certainly is favorable.

The one thing that is noted, strangely, is that this trophy is not the Command outfit variant (which was the more expected version, given the trend of trophies for the handheld variant of SS4B). It's these little things that have made this trophy a center of speculation so far.
This.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but this basically deconfirms Krystal, unfortunately:

Note how her model is still blocky. Like, Assault-level blocky. Plus, if she were playable there would be a piece in the description that describes how she plays (the leak showed a picture of Wario's trophy that was posed just like his render and mentioned a special move, specifically Wario Waft).
She could potentially be DLC maybe many months later, but at launch it looks like she's a lost cause. I'm still happy with the current roster though (now that Shulk is in).
Too many strange things with the trophies for me to believe them yet. And yeah this has came up and also been brought back many times now. Just gotta say your name doesn't line up with your post ;) thought it was kinda funny

Edit: well I think I may have been right about wolf being a skin of fox, informed by who I'm led to believe is one of you on miiverse (I think I know who) and source is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fluu0/smashboardszipzos_feedback_on_the_latest_demo/

Check out post 18 for wolf. For some reason I feel like this benefits Krystal in a way (don't know why exactly)

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Too many strange things with the trophies for me to believe them yet. And yeah this has came up and also been brought back many times now. Just gotta say your name doesn't line up with your post ;) thought it was kinda funny

Edit: well I think I may have been right about wolf being a skin of fox, informed by who I'm led to believe is one of you on miiverse (I think I know who) and source is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fluu0/smashboardszipzos_feedback_on_the_latest_demo/

Check out post 18 for wolf. For some reason I feel like this benefits Krystal in a way (don't know why exactly)
Lol. Who do you think it was? Do tell. That would be delicious.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
For a little bit I thought it was you, but now I think it's Tillie. Not a 100% sure though. I could be totally wrong
Oh, I'd have no involvement with something like that. I'm an observer sitting on the sidelines. I genuinely do not know who it is tbh.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
As the aforementioned source says:
-Wolf deconfirmed
-Fox has an alternate skin
-That looks exactly like wolf
-He's gray fur
-Purple eye device and grayish clothing
-It's the only skin that changes foxes fur
-This is only a color, NOT a costume
Well, that all but kills Wolf's chances. What slim chance Krystal has matters slightly more now that she most likely isn't competing with him for a spot.

I doubt it'd change much as far as DLC goes, though...

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Oh, I'd have no involvement with something like that. I'm an observer sitting on the sidelines. I genuinely do not know who it is tbh.
No worries I never thought it had to be you, just like one or two similarities that made a connection to me. ;)

As the aforementioned source says:

Well, that all but kills Wolf's chances. What slim chance Krystal has matters slightly more now that she most likely isn't competing with him for a spot.

I doubt it'd change much as far as DLC goes, though...
If 2015 is truly the year of Starfox then I highly doubt Krystal won't be in as far as DLC

Edit: well it looks like the page for the info is about to be flooded with comments again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For a little bit I thought it was you, but now I think it's Tillie. Not a 100% sure though. I could be totally wrong
Theres only one Freeman here...might be looking at him or something.

Also, remember that podcast I did a while back on Starfox-Online? If you want...you can hear me stutter & sound uninteresting (Like Fox in Assault) in there, those guys don't really mind!

Theres even a blooper reel made!

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728

Also, remember that podcast I did a while back on Starfox-Online? If you want...you can hear me stutter & sound uninteresting (Like Fox in Assault) in there, those guys don't really mind!

Well I was right about that, funny that you're the second person I ever followed but anyways I don't think I ever saw/heard that podcast

D

Deleted member

Well I was right about that, funny that you're the second person I ever followed but anyways I don't think I ever saw/heard that podcast
Its because its been done few weeks ago. It'll eventually go up on the site but I do have the stuff downloaded...I just prefer it sharing not (Not at least until its up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Be honest though. Do you want Slippy? I'm not saying over Krystal or anyone, but do you want him? This video made me realize what a gigantic waste of money sending him to film school was. Rag doll physics, no story, no diet coke ads, doesn't even feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series... kid is terrible.
NOOOO!! I DO NOT want Slippy! D: I mean.. If he did get in over Krystal for some reason, I wouldn't hold a grudge on Nintendo for doing so ^^' however...

(dark evil creepy voice) I would target ALL Slippys that I would encounter online and they WILL NOT stand a chance.. :evil:

(clears throat and goes back to normal voice) but I feel like Slippy should get in when Toad does if anything. They both have been in their series pretty much from the start but you don't see them requested too often over another female in their series. Like I see Daisy requested much more than Toad and Krystal requested FAR MORE than Slippy (but this just what I've seen). And this time Sakurai wanted to focus on females so I feel like this her time to shine in this installment and Slippy in the next. I know quite a few people don't want her in the game (some for stupid reasons:facepalm:) but I feel like she deserves it this time. ^^

Umm.. I got a few questions here,
(1, how does that deconfirm Wolf if he's not a costume for Fox and just an alt that looks similar to him? O.o
(2, Should we really believe this person? cause something odd to me is that he said Little Mac had 8 alts when Sakurai said that each character will have 10. o_O
(3 Y HIM NO CONFIRM PEACH'S OR ROSALINA'S COSTUMES?!
\ò.ó/

I want to know who you are on Miiverse SO badly xD!! and Sure! Is there a link to it? :D

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, I really wanted to know what Peach's costumes were, but I think the information comes from Zipzo and he does have proof of what he's advancing. The 'Wolf' costume Fox has is probably his dark one from Brawl, I'd wager.

So Wolf isn't out of the question yet to me.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
NOOOO!! I DO NOT want Slippy! D: I mean.. If he did get in over Krystal for some reason, I wouldn't hold a grudge on Nintendo for doing so ^^' however...

(dark evil creepy voice) I would target ALL Slippys that I would encounter online and they WILL NOT stand a chance.. :evil:

(clears throat and goes back to normal voice) but I feel like Slippy should get in when Toad does if anything. They both have been in their series pretty much from the start but you don't see them requested too often over another female in their series. Like I see Daisy requested much more than Toad and Krystal requested FAR MORE than Slippy (but this just what I've seen). And this time Sakurai wanted to focus on females so I feel like this her time to shine in this installment and Slippy in the next. I know quite a few people don't want her in the game (some for stupid reasons:facepalm:) but I feel like she deserves it this time. ^^

Umm.. I got a few questions here,
(1, how does that deconfirm Wolf if he's not a costume for Fox and just an alt that looks similar to him? O.o
(2, Should we really believe this person? cause something odd to me is that he said Little Mac had 8 alts when Sakurai said that each character will have 10. o_O
(3 Y HIM NO CONFIRM PEACH'S OR ROSALINA'S COSTUMES?!
\ò.ó/

I want to know who you are on Miiverse SO badly xD!! and Sure! Is there a link to it? :D
Actually Sakurai said it was 8 different colors for each character. I'm pretty sure that this is true though. He did have a demo in his videos. As far as the wolf thing I'm leaning more towards him being a skin of fox now but like princess toady said, it could've been the dark fox like in brawl

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
so close people o-o lets just hope this weekend goes a little fast so we can see these last few potds.

D

Deleted member

Well since the podcast is up for hearing, you can check it out! (Hint: I'm the one who says "I had one job man" & who has the worst amount of cuts in Skype in the blooper reel...yes, I sound like that. Surprising huh?)

http://www.starfox-online.net/page/index.html/_/sfocast/sfocast-community-roundtable-1-r129

I sadly wish I could change some things different since I sort of disagree with what I said in the podcast (GameCube being experimental as a excuse for Assault's quality for instance) but whatever, deed is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Coming from OptimisticNic lol But Don't worry about little ole me.

Eh, might as well be RealistNic at this point XD

Just trying to avoid extreme disappointment.

Also its OptimistNic. As if to replace "ic" with my name X-)

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Well since the podcast is up for hearing, you can check it out! (Hint: I'm the one who says "I had one job man" & who has the worst amount of cuts in Skype in the blooper reel...yes, I sound like that. Surprising huh?)

http://www.starfox-online.net/page/index.html/_/sfocast/sfocast-community-roundtable-1-r129

I sadly wish I could change some things different since I sort of disagree with what I said in the podcast (GameCube being experimental as a excuse for Assault's quality for instance) but whatever, deed is done.
nice, I love that blooper reel haha

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Maybe we'll reach the 150th page by the release ! It'd be nice ! I really want her to be playable this time...

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Maybe we'll reach the 150th page by the release ! It'd be nice ! I really want her to be playable this time...
we all do for her to be on the roster is a 30% since wolf kinda is in limbo , dlc is a 80% and wii u porting is possible and ill give you guys a example that Nintendo can do this. So flashback 13 years ago and Metroid prime was released now if you had a copy of Metroid fusion and a connector to link the game boy to the gamecube you would get the fusion suit in Metroid prime,

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I thought of a potential loophole in the "Both rosters are the same for both versions" quote that Sakurai said,both rosters have a few characters that are version exclusive (3DS would have DHD, Dr.Mario, Dixie, and Bowser Jr., and Wii U would have Ridley, Wolf, Krystal, and Ice Climbers), the version exclusive characters could be transferred over to the different versions via the connection features of Wii U and 3DS, so that people would have incentive to buy both games, and both games would in a way have the same roster, while taking advantage of the connection abilities of both platforms, and also, boost sales of both games and consoles, it would also make Nintendo more money

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a potential loophole in the "Both rosters are the same for both versions" quote that Sakurai said,both rosters have a few characters that are version exclusive (3DS would have DHD, Dr.Mario, Dixie, and Bowser Jr., and Wii U would have Ridley, Wolf, Krystal, and Ice Climbers), the version exclusive characters could be transferred over to the different versions via the connection features of Wii U and 3DS, so that people would have incentive to buy both games, and both games would in a way have the same roster, while taking advantage of the connection abilities of both platforms, and also, boost sales of both games and consoles, it would also make Nintendo more money
I don't know, If wolf, Ice climbers, or lucas or any other vet is not on both system I feel like they won't be back or at least used as console exclusives but who knows.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm hoping Nintendo's greed plays into our favor. That they see the value of going that extra mile to add characters like Krystal, Dixie and Ridley. Veterans would generate excitement, but in my estimation, newcomers even more so.

Krystal thats all
Nuff said.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That sounds too good to be true

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
As far as pic of the days after next week, I don't think they'll be too interesting for the wii u. I think if any news to support Cities' theory will come, it'll happen a week or two after the release in America and Europe. However I'm still expecting 1 more character video before release in Japan.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
we all do for her to be on the roster is a 30% since wolf kinda is in limbo , dlc is a 80% and wii u porting is possible and ill give you guys a example that Nintendo can do this. So flashback 13 years ago and Metroid prime was released now if you had a copy of Metroid fusion and a connector to link the game boy to the gamecube you would get the fusion suit in Metroid prime,
Say what ? I wasn't aware of this, lol ! I knew for Mario Golf, Wind Waker and there was another I think, but I didn't know it worked for Metroid Prime too. I'll have to try !

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Did anything ever happen regarding that message group? Is there anything I can do to help things work better?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Did anything ever happen regarding that message group? Is there anything I can do to help things work better?
I think it's working correctly. I saw the option to invite more people. Is that what you're referring to?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I think it's working correctly. I saw the option to invite more people. Is that what you're referring to?
More or less. I was wondering if that problem ever got ironed out.

So the rumored pseudo-Wolf costume Fox got does resemble him a little, but whether it's enough to outright rule him out remains to be seen.

I don't think it means a whole lot for us, though.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
More or less. I was wondering if that problem ever got ironed out.

So the rumored pseudo-Wolf costume Fox got does resemble him a little, but whether it's enough to outright rule him out remains to be seen.

I don't think it means a whole lot for us, though.
If wolf gets cut it could be good for krystal, but an alt that looks like wolf isn't enough to fully say he is cut yet. If he doesn't show up on the 3ds roster then we can say he is most likely cut.

Top Bottom