• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm honestly not expecting anything new from falco, but it would be a pleasant surprise if there is
Hopefully he's been Luigified further, or I'll be wishing he was cut instead of Wolf...

And yeah, we've yet to see the context of Krystal's trophy. The fact that Wario's mentions how he plays and Krystal's doesn't isn't necessarily a knock against her, since Wario plays so much differently in Smash than in the Mario spinoffs. They could be focusing on that to keep new players informed.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Yeah? And there's also a Morton(?) Koopa trophy where he has the wand, but he's one of the Koopa Kid costume variations. So what I'M thinking, is that character trophies like we know of them in the past are completely out, and instead it's just random trophies all around with no SET way to obtain them. This applies to Krystal, Wolf, Pacman, and everyone else. That's my theory anyway.

Falco is unlocked, wonder what sort of variance he has.
Wait hold up a sec, where's Lucina? Isn't she confirmed on the initial roster?

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
She's not unlocked yet. >_> Ness and Falco are all we've seen so far.
Wait ness isn't even in that picture ( which I think he'll be unlocked) and if Lucina has to be unlocked wouldn't tha mean Sakurai is announcing hidden characters?

D

Deleted member

I'm bored, someone give me more feedback on the Krystal Special Moves I posted earlier. And as for why there's no basic attacks posted, I just wanted to emphasize the special attacks. To be fair, she could utilize magic in basic/smash attacks, too, that drain her magic, but given that it would be tied to her recovery capabilities, I would probably end up avoiding that approach.
I'll give your post a critique as soon as the floodgate is closed.

Orly? Nowai!
Ohhhh boy...this is rather something I didn't hope to see happen. Things are starting to really heat up

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
The floodgate can't be closed, the dam is broken and we're all going to drown!

Though I have to wonder how hard some of the character unlocks will actually end up being. Sure we've gotten two already, but there's so many characters to unlock, and so many potential things you have to do in order to achieve them. Like with Melee instead of Brawl.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
The floodgate can't be closed, the dam is broken and we're all going to drown!

Though I have to wonder how hard some of the character unlocks will actually end up being. Sure we've gotten two already, but there's so many characters to unlock, and so many potential things you have to do in order to achieve them. Like with Melee instead of Brawl.
I actually perfer melee's style of unlocking more than brawl's. Made it more of a challenge than just completing the SSE. Also thanks for the link I had no idea this was going on

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yeah? And there's also a Morton(?) Koopa trophy where he has the wand, but he's one of the Koopa Kid costume variations. So what I'M thinking, is that character trophies like we know of them in the past are completely out, and instead it's just random trophies all around with no SET way to obtain them. This applies to Krystal, Wolf, Pacman, and everyone else. That's my theory anyway.

Falco is unlocked, wonder what sort of variance he has.
Hmm..perhaps his moveset will be based off on his Brawl counterpart. If it is, then I wouldn't be surprised. As for what you said of Krystal and Wolf, maybe it is possible that Wolf could be a secret character like in Brawl that you had to unlock. He was after all like Fox, one of my best characters to use. I'd be upset that he ended up getting removed from the roster and reduced down to a trophy. Besides, Wolf is a relevant character from the Starfox series and not to mention Fox's rival/villain. The roster needs more villains. But like the leaked Krystal trophy, just because Wolf is there as a trophy doesn't mean that he has been deconfirmed from the roster. We all know that Krystal(along with Ridley, Dixie and King K. Rool) is the most highly requested character to be playable whether as for the initial roster or DLC. I'm not giving up hope here, guys and neither should all of you. I still think that there's a very good chance of DLC for SSB4. And what's this thing of Sakurai not liking animals? Is that even true?

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Wow at everything... @.@ The Wolf trophy, there's three here that apparently follow me on Miiverse and one I have yet to find cause they're a "free man" (I'm pretty derp when it comes to hints guys so I still can't find him. xc) and three new people!! :o

Soo.. Alph = costume
Brittney = "not joining the fray"
Charlie = "Totally foreshadowed to have rockmin in his moveset from pic of the day" imo o.o

I like to rely on Cites theory no matter what happens with the 3ds. x) Even if he's wrong (which I doubt) I wouldn't hold it against him. :) I'm getting both versions at their launch and in my survey, I'll be sure to tell Nintendo that I really wanted/want Krystal. ^^

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's been a wild night. The leakers are out in force, but the problem is they're not what you would call good at Smash. :C
We should have the answers we're looking for by the end of tomorrow. I expect DLC to become something Nintendo pursues for this game, and that should help us a little if it does.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
10 slots left, guys. 6 known, 4 unknown.

Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Lucina, ROB, Wario, and Bowser Jr.

That leaves 4 unknown slots since Mii Fighters took one of them. WE SHALL SEE! Seems like everything's an easy unlock from Classic as long as you complete it with all the characters. Doesn't look like any ... There's Wario, and we've seen Ganondorf already, but the main stream is the one I'm focusing on. Wario is the same as Brawl.

Edit: Lucina is triggered for Hanayama. That leaves 9 slots for him.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
You'd think this was a horse race, the way we're following it.

"It's Hamayama in the lead! Yushako three lengths back and holding steady! But wait, Gema's gaining on them from behind!"

"And...wait, that shadow looked like a fox with a staff!"

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
It's been a wild night. The leakers are out in force, but the problem is they're not what you would call good at Smash. :C
We should have the answers we're looking for by the end of tomorrow. I expect DLC to become something Nintendo pursues for this game, and that should help us a little if it does.
If DLC doesn't become present for this game I will breakdown and cry. Nothing will be more heartbreaking than to hear Wolf, Krystal, Lucas, and Snake not becoming available while 10% of the final roster are just utter clones.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Alas, I am starting to doubt there's much beyond the ESRB leak after all. Only stream left is Gema btw, unless something's changed.

*Eyes totally locked on this Master Core thing* o.o;;;; What da heck was THAT all about???

A-anyway, since we have only not seen ROB, Jigglypuff, and Bowser Jr, yet have not found any brand new non-ESRB content, we're looking at DLC and Wii exclusive content. As in, Wii will have more characters at its launch, but 3DS will be brought up to speed. Dunno. :3

And 3 isn't 10%, though I guess you can view Falco and Ganondorf as clones, and that's about 10%, yeah.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If DLC doesn't become present for this game I will breakdown and cry. Nothing will be more heartbreaking than to hear Wolf, Krystal, Lucas, and Snake not becoming available while 10% of the final roster are just utter clones.
Wouldn't be surprised if DLC didn't come to pass. It's been that kind of week. Even the leakers are bad lords.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Alas, I am starting to doubt there's much beyond the ESRB leak after all. Only stream left is Gema btw, unless something's changed.

*Eyes totally locked on this Master Core thing* o.o;;;; What da heck was THAT all about???

A-anyway, since we have only not seen ROB, Jigglypuff, and Bowser Jr, yet have not found any brand new non-ESRB content, we're looking at DLC and Wii exclusive content. As in, Wii will have more characters at its launch, but 3DS will be brought up to speed. Dunno. :3

And 3 isn't 10%, though I guess you can view Falco and Ganondorf as clones, and that's about 10%, yeah.
Don't forget Toon Link

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Soooo, I just saw a Falco trophy that was NOT his standard appearance. I didn't get enough time viewing it to check if there was a (WORD) [WORD] or something at the end of the trophy name. though. >_<

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Soooo, I just saw a Falco trophy that was NOT his standard appearance. I didn't get enough time viewing it to check if there was a (WORD) [WORD] or something at the end of the trophy name. though. >_<
Well today we shall find out the roster.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, it really IS weird seeing Fox-Falco-Diddy Kong, and Falco-Fox-Bowser for 1v3 matches. I think there really IS something 'off' about it. Same for Samus, ZSS, and Bowser or whoever else gets matched there.

IT IS VERY SUSPICIOUS! But probably better odds on Wolf than Krystal. *realistic, not pessimistic* :3

Edit: Okay, going to bed. Good luck, Star Foxers. We may have to wait for Wii-U for the Metroid/SF reps but I am almost certain they exist.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Ok so I'm following along with te live video stream and reddit. On reddit they claim the full roster has been unlocked with a picture and an achievement that's suppose to say play as every character once, but they are missing alph I believe in the picture of the roster. What do you guys think? Is there still a chance for Krystal?

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I'm following along with te live video stream and reddit. On reddit they claim the full roster has been unlocked with a picture and an achievement that's suppose to say play as every character once, but they are missing alph I believe in the picture of the roster. What do you guys think? Is there still a chance for Krystal?
Alph is a alt. Krystal chance is either the wii-u version or dlc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
See you all back here when DLC is confirmed ~

Peace

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Haha just figured that out, well I guess it'll be DLC or the wii I version hopefully
I can't accpet that roster. The more I look at it. No mewto, King K. Rool, Dixie, issac, Krystal, or wolf oh and space dragon. Lucas cut Ice climbers gone. Naw man but we got 2 kid icarus and 2 mario newcomers 2 fire emblem . Ya cool
But hey that's me some people are happy. I'm just hoping for DLC or more announced characters for wii-u release. Enjoy ya 3ds game.

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I can't accpet that roster. The more I look at it. No mewto, King K. Rool, Dixie, issac, Krystal, or wolf oh and space dragon. Lucas cut Ice climbers gone. Naw man but we got 2 kid icarus and 2 mario newcomers 2 fire emblem . Ya cool
But hey that's me some people are happy. I'm just hoping for DLC or more announced characters for wii-u release. Enjoy ya 3ds game.
With you there, I dislike this roster. If cities' theory doesn't happen or DLC I'll be really upset. Here's to waiting even longer

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Saw the gameplay footage for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit and boy was it awful. It's just as I thought all along. They are clones to their original counterparts. Dr. Mario should have been better off as an alt uniform and Dark Pit should have been a palette swap for Pit itself which would have worked there. Those 2 slots should have been for someone else like Krystal and Dixie(or King K. Rool). At least the Bowser Jr. gameplay looks really promising since he is a unique character plus his alt skins is that of the Koopalings. Our only hope now is for DLC praying that it does happen(very likely chance) to have our vixen make the roster at long last along with the other highly requested characters. At least I know I'm not getting the 3DS version and go for the Wii U version instead.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Seriously, who knew we were looking at the final 3ds roster all along? xD But this is good, it's going along just as planned for the theory. ;)

I feared this game would just be like Mario Kart 8. An Unimpressive roster but pretty graphics but, with the Mario Kart dlc making the game more enjoyable, Smash HAS to have it right?! D:

Nintendo be totes cray if they don't have any downloadable characters planned for Smash xD

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, who knew we were looking at the final 3ds roster all along? xD But this is good, it's going along just as planned for the theory. ;)

I feared this game would just be like Mario Kart 8. An Unimpressive roster but pretty graphics but, with the Mario Kart dlc making the game more enjoyable, Smash HAS to have it right?! D:

Nintendo be totes cray if they don't have any downloadable characters planned for Smash xD
This is worse then prebrawl. So much worse. No popular characters and cut vets=angry consumers.

Last edited:

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
The fact that we get ONLY two 'new' characters is just strange. Something fishy is happening. :3 We'll just have to keep riding the hype train till the Wii U release.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Krystal is my #1 most wanted new character, so it's sad that she's missing another game. I think this is probably it for her chances of ever being in Smash (it's not like Star Fox is getting more relevant over time), barring her being put into a fangame like Project Smash 4 or something.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Krystal is my #1 most wanted new character, so it's sad that she's missing another game. I think this is probably it for her chances of ever being in Smash (it's not like Star Fox is getting more relevant over time), barring her being put into a fangame like Project Smash 4 or something.
Nah, she might get in for sure next time because StarFox is getting relevant again starting next year.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
How about the Krystal Supporters form a truce with the other Supporters whose candidate was not given an official word on?

What do you guys say about a DLC truce?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
We were already betting on DLC for a while if she wasn't in the game (which wasn't very likely to begin with).

None of the characters I wanted made it. This is beautiful. After 12 years, I have a grand total of -3 characters I wanted.

I will reserve my last judgement until there is word on DLC or for the WII U release, but as far as the 3DS is confirmed...blegh.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

uhhh i'm pretty sure i thought it was the final one... anyone who thought otherwise was just grasping for straws and expecting too much.

you really have to think about why characters like Krystal didn't make it in. Would Sakurai really add a character who hasn't been in proper game in almost a decade?

A lot of the recent inclusions have either been retro or just plain promoting the recent game releases of those series.

the same case goes for K Rool as well. Its time to take some of this stuff into consideration. Sure you may like them but they have things that really hurt their chances.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
uhhh i'm pretty sure i thought it was the final one... anyone who thought otherwise was just grasping for straws and expecting too much.
"expecting too much."
(I like pictures.) Your probably right we were to greedy. Was asking for too much. Sorry Sakurai!

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So is it only a matter of time before the character threads get locked? Will the admins keep them open until the Wii U version is out? All we've gained is the connections we've made in this thread...and we may be about to lose them.

Would anyone be up for a Skype group? Just so we have a way to contact each other once the lights go off, if anything? Or if DLC becomes an option, we could use it as our base of operations.

Top Bottom