• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I noticed, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are the only franchises not introduced in the original Smash Bros to have multiple characters.

Unless I missed something...
That's probably because they were the ones with most potential to add newcomers.

Melee and Brawl both only added three franchises, unless you count third-parties in which case you could say Brawl added five. Its hard to pick characters from Pikmin who play differently from any other, Ice Climber... not much to go with, Mr. Game and Watch and ROB both represent hardware rather than software, etc. Wario has potential for a newcomer, but the franchise is kinda miniscule at best. And third-parties are unlikely to ever get more than one playable rep, period.

This game added some potential franchises which could have more characters. Mainly just Xenoblade and Animal Crossing, though, and Animal Crossing is questionable because most of the characters, again, don't do anything notable and would be more likely as Villager clones than to have original movesets. If Golden Sun were to be added that franchise would have massive potential for future character additions, as well.

Krystal fans, I'll admit, I thought some of you were grasping at straws at first by talking about the Krystal trophy. Then I realized that Krystal's Brawl trophy is based on Command. Its definitely plausible she could be considered, but I think she's more likely as DLC. I think Wolf is back for sure, as well. I'll keep my eyes open for her. I wouldn't mind Krystal, there's just several characters I want far more (and believe would get in over her).

Granted, another possibility for the Assault trophy is, naturally, Namco. I'd think she'd be called "Krystal (Assault)" if she was playable, but it doesn't outright deconfirm her, she's still in the running. We'll have to wait and see.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I do recall that they will make an Amiibo for every single character in the roster. I already preordered the Fox Amiibo so I'm set there. I'm waiting on the Luigi(my other boy there) and Little Mac Amiibo and hopefully Palutena. But if Krystal does make it in(which I've been hoping for since Brawl) and they release an Amiibi on her, you can bet I'm going to get her also. As for the pic there of Krystal and Dixie, love it. They both deserve their chance to make it in. Like any of you would agree with me on here, both the DK and Starfox series deserves at least a newcomer.
Thanks I did the picture myself on Miiverse! ^~^ I've wanted Dixie in Brawl and Krystal since 2011 (cause of being a late Star Fox fan) and I'd be SO happy if they both got in this time. :) I want Fox in Mario Kart 8 also and I have a feeling he'd be a DLC character sometime in 2015 xD Of course I want Krystal as a racer too but it doesn't seem likely that each guest character will have two characters like Villager cause if that was the case, Zelda would've been there. x) I plan on drawing a Star Fox Kart pic this month and I'll share it here once I do. :) Welcome to SmashBoards, I'm new here too! -^.^- Aren't these Krystal fans awesome? :D

That's probably because they were the ones with most potential to add newcomers.

Melee and Brawl both only added three franchises, unless you count third-parties in which case you could say Brawl added five. Its hard to pick characters from Pikmin who play differently from any other, Ice Climber... not much to go with, Mr. Game and Watch and ROB both represent hardware rather than software, etc. Wario has potential for a newcomer, but the franchise is kinda miniscule at best. And third-parties are unlikely to ever get more than one playable rep, period.

This game added some potential franchises which could have more characters. Mainly just Xenoblade and Animal Crossing, though, and Animal Crossing is questionable because most of the characters, again, don't do anything notable and would be more likely as Villager clones than to have original movesets. If Golden Sun were to be added that franchise would have massive potential for future character additions, as well.

Krystal fans, I'll admit, I thought some of you were grasping at straws at first by talking about the Krystal trophy. Then I realized that Krystal's Brawl trophy is based on Command. Its definitely plausible she could be considered, but I think she's more likely as DLC. I think Wolf is back for sure, as well. I'll keep my eyes open for her. I wouldn't mind Krystal, there's just several characters I want far more (and believe would get in over her).

Granted, another possibility for the Assault trophy is, naturally, Namco. I'd think she'd be called "Krystal (Assault)" if she was playable, but it doesn't outright deconfirm her, she's still in the running. We'll have to wait and see.

Wow! This has to be the most positive thing I've read you say about Krystal xD It's nice to know that you too think she's not disconfirmed just yet. :) If she was, it'd be a bummer that they allowed her to say such a bold statement and never considered her. My hopes will remain low but they'll shoot right up if Sakurai says anything about DLC characters. xD

I'm so happy there's finally Star Fox music on the site! :D Even though it's just the same song we heard from the direct x) Someone should make 8 different color alts of Krystal if they can! :D

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I do recall that they will make an Amiibo for every single character in the roster. I already preordered the Fox Amiibo so I'm set there. I'm waiting on the Luigi(my other boy there) and Little Mac Amiibo and hopefully Palutena. But if Krystal does make it in(which I've been hoping for since Brawl) and they release an Amiibi on her, you can bet I'm going to get her also. As for the pic there of Krystal and Dixie, love it. They both deserve their chance to make it in. Like any of you would agree with me on here, both the DK and Starfox series deserves at least a newcomer.
Thanks I did the picture myself on Miiverse! ^~^ I've wanted Dixie in Brawl and Krystal since 2011 (cause of being a late Star Fox fan) and I'd be SO happy if they both got in this time. :) I want Fox in Mario Kart 8 also and I have a feeling he'd be a DLC character sometime in 2015 xD Of course I want Krystal as a racer too but it doesn't seem likely that each guest character will have two characters like Villager cause if that was the case, Zelda would've been there. x) I plan on drawing a Star Fox Kart pic this month and I'll share it here once I do. :) Welcome to SmashBoards, I'm new here too! -^.^- Aren't these Krystal fans awesome? :D

Wow! This has to be the most positive thing I've read you say about Krystal xD It's nice to know that you too think she's not disconfirmed just yet. :) If she was, it'd be a bummer that they allowed her to say such a bold statement and never considered her. My hopes will remain low but they'll shoot right up if Sakurai says anything about DLC characters. xD

I'm so happy there's finally Star Fox music on the site! :D Even though it's just the same song we heard from the direct x) Someone should make 8 different color alts of Krystal if they can! :D

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Final 10 days oh btw each character will have 8 colors/alt so there's something new but 10 days!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

At a certain point I actually blatantly believed Krystal was in, but I changed my mind after a while. As far as Krystal being disconfirmed goes, I THOUGHT she was. Then I realized it was the Assault design, despite there being no reason for it. Regardless, I still highly doubt Krystal is playable, I'm just saying its an open possibility, and there's the possibility of her being DLC (I think she basically has almost no chance of being in the game itself).

Still, we'll see how things go.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
At a certain point I actually blatantly believed Krystal was in, but I changed my mind after a while. As far as Krystal being disconfirmed goes, I THOUGHT she was. Then I realized it was the Assault design, despite there being no reason for it. Regardless, I still highly doubt Krystal is playable, I'm just saying its an open possibility, and there's the possibility of her being DLC (I think she basically has almost no chance of being in the game itself).

Still, we'll see how things go.
I honestly thought she was a shoe in at 1st too and then I also thought she was disconfirmed the moment I saw the pic xD You make a good point and I'm glad to see that you think she has a possibility. ^^ Of course only time will tell. :)

btw I like the way your name "Jaidyn" is spelt cause I never saw it spelt that way xD

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I honestly thought she was a shoe in at 1st too and then I also thought she was disconfirmed the moment I saw the pic xD You make a good point and I'm glad to see that you think she has a possibility. ^^ Of course only time will tell. :)

btw I like the way your name "Jaidyn" is spelt cause I never saw it spelt that way xD
That's because I spelled it that way lol. :D

Either way, I don't say that I think Krystal isn't in or anything because I dislike her. I do like Krystal, and I'd love her to be playable. I just don't think she's playable, but I'd be fine if she was. I also do think K. Rool is playable despite most people thinking otherwise, but its not because he's my most wanted newcomer, its actually because I think he's legitimately been teased, and because he's the #1 most requested Nintendo newcomer in general (granted, I do think he's less likely than other characters).

I try and avoid bias whenever possible. I also ignore any leaks without actual evidence behind them.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
:awesome:
That's because I spelled it that way lol. :D

Either way, I don't say that I think Krystal isn't in or anything because I dislike her. I do like Krystal, and I'd love her to be playable. I just don't think she's playable, but I'd be fine if she was. I also do think K. Rool is playable despite most people thinking otherwise, but its not because he's my most wanted newcomer, its actually because I think he's legitimately been teased, and because he's the #1 most requested Nintendo newcomer in general (granted, I do think he's less likely than other characters).

I try and avoid bias whenever possible. I also ignore any leaks without actual evidence behind them.
Oh! well that's some awesome spelling there! xD If I make another O.C. I'll keep "Jaidyn" in mind :D It'd fit right in with some of the other names I chose for my characters. :4wiifit: xD

Anyways, Well not to sound creepy but I already knew you didn't dislike Krystal cause I've been following this fourm since page 50 (I think) without an account so I'm familiar with how you feel towards her. xD I personally want Dixie more than King K. Roll but I wouldn't be upset if they chose him over her cause he'd be pretty awesome. :) I just can't help but to feel like K.Roll will be shoved into the boss role :c but I'm really thinking the wii u will have bosses playable in a special boss fight mode (something like Mario Part 10) cause of the way the tease them and haven't outright shown anything yet.:awesome: we'll see. :)

But to remain on topic, I think a lot of fans would be happy if K.Roll, Ridley, Mewtwo, Isaac, Krystal and Dixie Kong all made it in cause those are the most discussed 1st party names I've seen and I'd find it hard to believe if Nintendo didn't make these characters an assist or playable. o.o

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Warning Received
I'd prefer Krystal. Fox would be okay, I guess.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. In fact, they are also using Isabelle(also from Animal Crossing like the Villager) to join the Mario Kart 8 roster. Besides, adding Krystal in there along with Fox could really help promote the Starfox series in a lot of ways especially for the upcoming Starfox Wii U game(which I'm confident that she will be back in that game).

Also, guys while browsing through the Internet, I found these pics recently of our favorite vixen to show our support which I hope you all enjoy.

And here is one with the obscure SF character Miyu(something I requested for my birthday a year back from this DA artist JECBrush who makes really awesome Starfox art you will ever see). BTW, I have a Deviantart account in case anyone here would love to check out. My profile name there is dragonheart07. ^^ Anyway enjoy this pic.

You know, having both Fox and Krystal join the Mario Kart 8 DLC roster would be awesome and that could really help promote the Starfox series in every way you can possibly imagine especially with the upcoming Starfox Wii U game(being developed by none other than the master himself Shigeru Miyamoto). Most likely for Fox for instance, it will be his design from Brawl and SSB4(which I really like) they can incorporate for both Starfox Wii U and Mario Kart 8 driving in his own kart that looks like the Landmaster.

For your Starfox Kart pic, cool. Can't wait to see it. Yeah I really do love these Krystal fans. It shows that we really do care about her and the relevance she brings to the SF series. She's already established herself as a character in the series who has appeared in 3 games so far like Wolf has. I'm certain that we will see her again in Starfox Wii U since I don't think that Miyamoto or not even Nintendo themselves will get rid of her. Because they not only know that there are lot of us fans who support her not just in the Starfox series, but as a potential character even it has to be DLC(another high and good chance for it to happen in SSB4).

To answer your statement there on being a fan of the Starfox series, I have been a loyal fan to that franchise ever since it first started back in the SNES days back in 1993 and have loved every Starfox game I've played(including the unreleased SNES Starfox 2 which I own on the Wii) and that includes Adventures and Assault. I'm sure that the next entry on the Wii U will satisfy me in every way. So what do you think? ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, time will tell for sure.

However, I feel that Smash 4 would be a good time to feature 4 Star Fox characters due to the new game being planned for release just next year--it could help bring more attention to the franchise. If Ninty fails to market for Star Fox Wii U, it ain't gonna sell well--especially considering that Star Fox's sales figures have historically been dropping like a rock.

I think Miyamoto wants to change this. This is probably why the new Star Fox game has been in development for roughly 7 years.

I only hope he knows what he's doing. Star Fox is kind of in a sink-or-swim situation at the moment. It has the potential to sing like a canary, but it could just as easily shy away from the opportunity.

Pull through for us, Miyamoto-san. We'll be watching...

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

However, I feel that Smash 4 would be a good time to feature 4 Star Fox characters due to the new game being planned for release just next year--it could help bring more attention to the franchise. If Ninty fails to market for Star Fox Wii U, it ain't gonna sell well--especially considering that Star Fox's sales figures have historically been dropping like a rock.

I think Miyamoto wants to change this. This is probably why the new Star Fox game has been in development for roughly 7 years.

I only hope he knows what he's doing. Star Fox is kind of in a sink-or-swim situation at the moment. It has the potential to sing like a canary, but it could just as easily shy away from the opportunity.

Well after seeing that we haven't had a new Starfox game since 2005(not counting the DS game Command and we're only talking about home console wise), I'm sure that Miyamoto knows what he's doing to the new Starfox Wii U game. After all, it's his creation there like Mario and Zelda. But yes, they need to promote the series like having some DLC that is Starfox related for instance whether it is for SSB4(very good chance that it can happen) and include it for Mario Kart 8 to have Fox McCloud be a guest character to join the roster. If Link and Villager can be in it, then so can Fox. Imagine playing him driving in a kart that looks like the Landmaster and to have a Starfox theme track. Besides, the Starfox series is still popular with a huge fanbase. True, having 4 SF characters in the roster for SSB4 can really help even if Krystal has to be DLC. But more importantly like you said, they have to market Starfox Wii U. Miyamoto is really making a big deal with the game and considering the fact that 2015 will be the "Year of Starfox" as Miyamoto said it himself.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Considering how close it is for the release of Super Smash Bros. 3DS in Japan. I wonder if Sakurai will reveal one last newcomer before then? If he does it will most likely be a female character(like Krystal for example)imo. It sounds silly I know, but it could happen.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Considering how close it is for the release of Super Smash Bros. 3DS in Japan. I wonder if Sakurai will reveal one last newcomer before then? If he does it will most likely be a female character(like Krystal for example)imo. It sounds silly I know, but it could happen.
I think it'd be either ridley or mewtwo or both

But seriously a mewtwo and ridley trailer would be hype as **** maybe include wolf and Ganondorf too, then we can have all the villains

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I think it'd be either ridley or mewtwo or both

But seriously a mewtwo and ridley trailer would be hype as **** maybe include wolf and Ganondorf too, then we can have all the villains
Ganondorf yes, but Ridley I'm iffy on considering Ridley has been hinted as stage boss. Mewtwo on the other hand is a possibility. I'm just going to predict that maybe a female character will possibly get revealed before the 3DS version releases in Japan. Until then the waiting game continues.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ganondorf yes, but Ridley I'm iffy on considering Ridley has been hinted as stage boss. Mewtwo on the other hand is a possibility. I'm just going to predict that maybe a female character will possibly get revealed before the 3DS version releases in Japan. Until then the waiting game continues.
I doubt it, Krystal probably isn't gonna be in, At least not in the 3DS version. The only other female I can think of is Dixie and She's not really final character worthy

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I doubt it, Krystal probably isn't gonna be in, At least not in the 3DS version. The only other female I can think of is Dixie and She's not really final character worthy
Yes, but knowing Sakurai it would be something he might do. Revealing Krystal or Dixie Kong last would definitely get people talking especially if it were to be Krystal because she's such a controversial character.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lol. Is it me or did the default font suddenly change? My life will never be the same again.

Yes, but knowing Sakurai it would be something he might do. Revealing Krystal or Dixie Kong last would definitely get people talking especially if it were to be Krystal because she's such a controversial character.
Sad, but true. Krystal would make for great, and let's be honest, explosive chatter because of the controversy perpetuated by her haters and really, there's no reason this should be the case. Krystal is one of many anthropomorphic cartoon characters that have come before and are yet to come. It's insane to single her out based on the fact her anatomy resembles that of a human female. Even more so to blame a fictional character for the downfall of a franchise and not the directors involved. Truly, these people are worse than Andross.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

On the other hand, though, Nintendo hasn't used Smash to promote franchises as much as celebrate them. The only character that's ever been added to promote a future game was Roy, and he was a last minute clone added to pad Melee's roster.

I think what'd be more likely is if the new Star Fox was hyped enough near its release, one or two characters could end up as Smash DLC because they've become relevant again.

Or maybe Krystal is in already for other reasons. Who knows. >_>

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Well with 10 days left and all we have from the Starfox series is the smart bombs back, the new Starfox stage (on the wii u), Andross, and Fox I believe. This just seems like too little for a series that previously had a lot more to it

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I come bearing good news my fellow Cerinians. On the Smash Bros. main website they have posted a music track from the game. The music track is a Star Fox one and its amazing.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I just can't help but to feel like K.Roll will be shoved into the boss role :c but I'm really thinking the wii u will have bosses playable in a special boss fight mode (something like Mario Part 10) cause of the way the tease them and haven't outright shown anything yet.:awesome: we'll see. :)
Uhm... I think you just nailed it. Ridley will be playable as a boss on the Wii U version only. The player with the gamepad will be able to play as the boss in a special boss battle mode. You just figured out what noone else has. Unless someone else already has...

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
guys I want to mention something its kinda like sakurai has been whacking the leak for some information kinda being wrong (that not being the full roster for ssb4 since all star...) so I think where not getting a Mario,kid Icarus trailer or any of that but maybe a donkey kong,Metroid or star fox reveal (since he loves to troll people)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I dunno what to tell you guys, I've pretty much said all I could for how likely it is for Krystal DLC. There's just not enough StarFox fans in Minnesota

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
guys I want to mention something its kinda like sakurai has been whacking the leak for some information kinda being wrong (that not being the full roster for ssb4 since all star...) so I think where not getting a Mario,kid Icarus trailer or any of that but maybe a donkey kong,Metroid or star fox reveal (since he loves to troll people)
I do agree, I don't think we'll get two trailers for the same franchise. A DK or Metroid trailer is more likely. Unfortunately I don't think Star Fox is that likely to get one, we still don't have any other Star Fox characters at all, I highly, highly doubt we've got three unlockable Star Fox characters. That's unheard of for any franchise to get more than two unlockable characters. The Krystal trophy is odd, so maybe she's a viable DLC candidate, but I doubt she's in the game by default.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I do agree, I don't think we'll get two trailers for the same franchise. A DK or Metroid trailer is more likely. Unfortunately I don't think Star Fox is that likely to get one, we still don't have any other Star Fox characters at all, I highly, highly doubt we've got three unlockable Star Fox characters. That's unheard of for any franchise to get more than two unlockable characters. The Krystal trophy is odd, so maybe she's a viable DLC candidate, but I doubt she's in the game by default.
What are Jiggs, Mewtwo, and Pichu in Melee then?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What are Jiggs, Mewtwo, and Pichu in Melee then?
I was trying to think of one franchise that had more than two unlockable AT's at one point, but I couldn't think of any. Fine, you got me there, but its still the only time it has happened.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Most likely as a DLC candidate. After all, DLC is becoming a big deal in the video game industry these days and this is no exception. And with what Nintendo is doing with Mario Kart 8, SSB4 can get the same treatment which is very likely.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I'm currently betting on Krystal, Lucas, and Bandana Dee as possible DLC candidates. As well as K. Rool or Dixie Kong if one of them doesn't make it into the actual game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, I'm currently betting on Krystal, Lucas, and Bandana Dee as possible DLC candidates. As well as K. Rool or Dixie Kong if one of them doesn't make it into the actual game.
I could definitely see that. I could also see a Zelda rep (Impa in her Hyrule Warriors appearance, maybe, if she's not already in), one or two Pokemon reps (if Mewtwo's in, Sceptile has a high chance), and possibly another Fire Emblem character and eventually a Mario character.

Maybe we should lay the groundwork for a DLC campaign, if it comes down to that. Have everything figured out so that once we know the final rosters of both versions, we could hit the ground running and make sure Nintendo knows how many people want Krystal in and why she'd be a good candidate.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I could definitely see that. I could also see a Zelda rep (Impa in her Hyrule Warriors appearance, probably, if she's not already in), one or two Pokemon reps (if Mewtwo's in, Sceptile has a high chance), and possibly another Fire Emblem character and eventually a Mario character.

Maybe we should lay the groundwork for a DLC campaign, if it comes down to that. Have everything figured out so that once we know the final rosters of both versions, we could hit the ground running and make sure Nintendo knows how many people want Krystal in and why she'd be a good candidate.
I assumed by now he already knew krystal was a good candidate.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Soooo, according to the "Ninka" leak, Wolf is, in fact, NOT going to be in SSB4. That's going to leave us with Fox and a hopefully further de-cloned Falco.

I'm really beginning to wonder what Wii-U driven surprises we have in store for us. :D And with what someone else said, the general lack of Star Fox representation could be a positive factor for Krystal's appearance. Planet Sauria would make for a fantastic stage. ;)

D

Deleted member

hopefully further de-cloned Falco.
I sort of doubt it'll happen

I'm really beginning to wonder what Wii-U driven surprises we have in store for us. :D And with what someone else said, the general lack of Star Fox representation could be a positive factor for Krystal's appearance. Planet Sauria would make for a fantastic stage. ;)
1. Krystal has been leaked as a trophy...its a currently a mess right now
2. Sauria would be nice but then the Assault Great Fox showed up

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Soooo, according to the "Ninka" leak, Wolf is, in fact, NOT going to be in SSB4. That's going to leave us with Fox and a hopefully further de-cloned Falco.

According to the Ninka leak, they have absolutely no idea if the supposedly cut characters are actually in the game or not. That's the whole point. They have no idea who is left in the roster, and Wolf STILL fits perfectly into the roster. Lucas and Ice Climbers are both somewhat justified to say they are cut, but Wolf was one of the last unlockable characters in Brawl.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Stay strong Lylat Cruisers. We have 7 days (not counting weekends) to see Krystal's fate. May she grace the battlefield with her telekinesis.

In terms of potential Smash Brothers characters, as long as they are a part of Nintendo's family then I am fine with them.

Top Bottom