• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
lol mj. I agree with wobbles except for the fact the m2k wont make top 5, he will =]

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Crews prediction:

1) Europe
2) West Coast
3) East Coast
4) Canada
5) South
Naw south will beat canada, west coast canada isn't coming to pound.

east coast canada *****, but I think without dieslow, manli and blunted they won't be able to take the south, or any other crew, hope im wrong though.

Poilon

Smash Cadet
My prediction:

1st : Armada
2nd : Mango
3rd : Amsah
4th : M2K
5th : Zgetto
5th : HBox

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have a feeling Armada will be place 4th or 5th. I think him repeating his success will be next to impossible. considering he's now a target instead of an overlooked player. Mango will get slightly above armada. Amsah will get 2nd and someone you never saw coming will place first...basically becoming the new Mango...and history repeats itself....again.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling Armada will be place 4th or 5th. I think him repeating his success will be next to impossible. considering he's now a target instead of an overlooked player. Mango will get slightly above armada. Amsah will get 2nd and someone you never saw coming will place first...basically becoming the new Mango...and history repeats itself....again.
Amsah second? Lol...

Stevo

Smash Champion
Naw south will beat canada, west coast canada isn't coming to pound.

east coast canada *****, but I think without dieslow, manli and blunted they won't be able to take the south, or any other crew, hope im wrong though.

yeah, cause you need 8 for crews I believe, and we for sure don't have 8 top players going anymore.

:(

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Due merely to the fact that Plank said he was going even with most of Europe in friendlies (he's housing them), I should already have a shadow of a basis to say that I'm not severely underestimating them.

Plank isn't a professional.

He doesn't place top 5 in major tournies. No offense to him.

But he went "even" with most of them.

>_>
Uhm.. A bag full of sand.

GOD!

Smash Ace
If plank is going even with most of europe, then why would everyone on europe be placing top 5 or even top 10? This is turning into the "Let's act like europe is amazing when their best are even with a player who isn't even in talks for top 10 US" thread.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
If plank is going even with most of europe, then why would everyone on europe be placing top 5 or even top 10? This is turning into the "Let's act like europe is amazing when their best are even with a player who isn't even in talks for top 10 US" thread.
But mango is the best ... until Darc dethrowns him :)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
*cough beating people in friendlies doesn't mean *****

xbombr

Smash Ace
Lambchops was ****** armada in friendlies at genesis before brackets.

doesn't really mean that much,

europeans probably just sandbag before tournies so as to not show their true power level.
Hey Vegeta. What's the scouter say about the European's power level?

GOD!

Smash Ace
*cough beating people in friendlies doesn't mean *****
If you meet someone at a tournament and play a few matches with them, friendlies don't mean much.
But when you play someone enough to basically figure them out (and they figure you out), friendlies do speak to your ability as a player.

Pi

Smash Hero
If you meet someone at a tournament and play a few matches with them, friendlies don't mean much.
But when you play someone enough to basically figure them out (and they figure you out), friendlies do speak to your ability as a player.
Think you've got that backwards...

Foy

Smash Champion
Explain to me how friendlies have no real meaning. Not only can you learn from people and their habits, but also how they react to things. People dont go dumb when they play friendlies, they still play just not at full potential.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Explain to me how friendlies have no real meaning. Not only can you learn from people and their habits, but also how they react to things. People dont go dumb when they play friendlies, they still play just not at full potential.
Thay have no real meaning because people don't play like it was tournament. They play differently.
I just mind****ed a smasher at a recent tournament in my country just by playing slightly different in friendlies: I always tech in place, roll when I was near the ledge and other things.
He plays this game since 2006-2007 and attend to various tournaments so he immediately adapted to my "bad" abits.
We did like 20-30 friendlies and I didn't won a a single match.
When I've faced him in tournament I totally wrecked him.
He missed all the tech chases because he learned a "wrong" habit of mine.
Same for the rolls. Every time I put up my shield near the ledge he tried to predict roll with Fsmash and stuff. But... Well I don't roll and I punished him.
If I do his trick and I play this game for less then a year I think that pro players do this frequently.

I hope you understand what I mean because my english sucks real bad.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
People can't think friendlies are legit. Armada wrecked Calle W at Svar 9(like he always does) and then he got wrecked by Calle W a week later in friendlies. Even worse it was by Calle's Captain Falcon.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
so wait... you guys think that the top europeans are around the same standard as plank?

:laugh:

WOW, you're in for such a mind**** this weekend.

(no offence to plank, he's probably quite good and he's awesome for organising such a huge tournament so well, but saying that he's anywhere near as good as over, strawhat, adam, remen, zgetto etc is just so ridiculous LOL)

Foy

Smash Champion
Thay have no real meaning because people don't play like it was tournament. They play differently.
I just mind****ed a smasher at a recent tournament in my country just by playing slightly different in friendlies: I always tech in place, roll when I was near the ledge and other things.
He plays this game since 2006-2007 and attend to various tournaments so he immediately adapted to my "bad" abits.
We did like 20-30 friendlies and I didn't won a a single match.
When I've faced him in tournament I totally wrecked him.
He missed all the tech chases because he learned a "wrong" habit of mine.
Same for the rolls. Every time I put up my shield near the ledge he tried to predict roll with Fsmash and stuff. But... Well I don't roll and I punished him.
If I do his trick and I play this game for less then a year I think that pro players do this frequently.

I hope you understand what I mean because my english sucks real bad.
Your english isn't too bad. I still disagree. Get outta here

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
agreed ... chu didnt play mango at rom so that he wouldnt give him any info on his habits

tru story ... i agree w/ my man foy

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
M2K has been on a steady decline because he simply doesn't practice Melee, and he does not have the innate talent to stay at his peak without practice. His skill comes from knowledge and training rather than adaptation; without constant effort he cannot and will not stay at the top. He'll still be better than most people, but I don't know if he'll actually break top 5 this time. If he HAS been practicing a lot I'm guessing at him for fourth or fifth.
I was under the impression that M2K's been practicing melee with DJN and Chops for the past week. Might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom