• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So unless the results are absolutely crazy, do you think it would be safe to say that whoever wins Pound 4 is the world champion, or would we have to look at how the Brackets turned out to judge that?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i wouldnt say WORLD champion, because not all regions of the world are well-represented. i think pound is more US vs europe

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
M2K's been practicing this entire week. He went to a Brawl tourny last Sat but this week was melee for him. I got to play him ton on Tuesday and I know Gmoney visited him with people like Alu Vanz Hax and Jman

t3h Icy

Smash Master
No disrespect to anyone outside of those going to Pound 4, but I think the only other players that could hold their own against Mango, Armada and others are the other Euro players not attending and the twins from Mexico unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
People can't think friendlies are legit. Armada wrecked Calle W at Svar 9(like he always does) and then he got wrecked by Calle W a week later in friendlies. Even worse it was by Calle's Captain Falcon.
Honestly I wish people would take friendlies seriously. There are some players, like me, for example, who play infinitely better in no-stress situations like friendlies than in tournaments.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Honestly I wish people would take friendlies seriously. There are some players, like me, for example, who play infinitely better in no-stress situations like friendlies than in tournaments.
i know what you mean, but in friendlies you can easily be like "oh i wasnt taking it seriously" blah blah blah, and then people may or may not believe you. plus friendlies are usually one game, which doesnt give a player as much time to adapt to how another person plays. because of these and other factors, friendlies are a pretty much an unreliable source of information when it comes to assessing how good someone is. tournament sets are usually 2/3 or 3/5, giving the players plenty of time to adapt to each other, and the whole point of a tournament setting is to make it so that its assumed both players are trying their best... otherwise theres no point in entering the tournament, you know? its like.. why pay to play in a tournament when youre just gonna sandbag when you could just sandbag for free in friendlies. personally, i consider myself a tournament player, so i wouldnt care if i could beat someone in friendlies if i couldnt beat them in a tournament set

Samochan

Smash Master
It's not that people won't take friendlies seriously... many players do, even armada against chops was playing serious. But thing is, you either choke in tournament, or you will then play much, much better than you did in casuals just because of it's psychological aspect of being a tournament that counts. It's the same reason why people don't often go serious on pools either, but brackets is there you either win or you lose, and then you are out. So that's pretty serious, which is inevitably affecting your psyche and your body reactions, like lots of adrenaline will be produced.

In any case, tournament matches will always count for more than casuals and I also notify that armada is mango level, no doubt about that, yet amsah beat him on one match with his pal fox with 2 stocks remaining and otherwise went even. That alone makes amsah legit, but it doesn't stop just at that lol and zgetto and adam both can beat amsah as well and Remen was the former dutch champion and one of the few to actually take matches from armada, who also just recently beat faab, zgetto & adam on alliance tourney. Adam beat ice in losers though, who had beaten Remen in winners. =) (ice has I heard trained with dutches extensively lately).

Armada and mango are seemingly on their own god tier (both suffer from unbeatability issue, armada even moreso than mango, still has that winning streak going unbroken in europe), but amsah and rest of the dutches + spanish and calle are all right after and very close in skill level. :3

Fuzzyness, an unknown UK scrub by mainstream standards rofl, beat aniolas and adam on alliance tourney though and seemingly went 2-1 against amsah with his falcon that's so good canada pays for his flight to their tourney this summer. I guess this proves europe has much much more to offer than just dutches and swedes, if spanish smashers weren't already legit enough. =) (strawhat's marth was going toe to toe with armada and overtriforce with amsah in sheik dittos *note pal version*)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i know what you mean, but in friendlies you can easily be like "oh i wasnt taking it seriously" blah blah blah, and then people may or may not believe you. plus friendlies are usually one game, which doesnt give a player as much time to adapt to how another person plays. because of these and other factors, friendlies are a pretty much an unreliable source of information when it comes to assessing how good someone is. tournament sets are usually 2/3 or 3/5, giving the players plenty of time to adapt to each other, and the whole point of a tournament setting is to make it so that its assumed both players are trying their best... otherwise theres no point in entering the tournament, you know? its like.. why pay to play in a tournament when youre just gonna sandbag when you could just sandbag for free in friendlies. personally, i consider myself a tournament player, so i wouldnt care if i could beat someone in friendlies if i couldnt beat them in a tournament set
It might just be me, but when it comes to friendlies, I like trying my best to play MORE matches with individuals than a tournament set would allow. 5~10 is a good average of games. That's like spending 20~40 minutes with a person. You get to chat, have a few seriouslies, some more casual friendlies, and connect with the player without a stressful environment.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It's not that people won't take friendlies seriously... many players do, even armada against chops was playing serious. But thing is, you either choke in tournament, or you will then play much, much better than you did in casuals just because of it's psychological aspect of being a tournament that counts. It's the same reason why people don't often go serious on pools either, but brackets is there you either win or you lose, and then you are out. So that's pretty serious, which is inevitably affecting your psyche and your body reactions, like lots of adrenaline will be produced. In any case, tournament matches will always count for more than casuals and I also notify that armada is mango level, no doubt about that, yet amsah beat him on one match with his pal fox with 2 stocks remaining and otherwise went even. That alone makes amsah legit, but it doesn't stop just at that lol and zgetto and adam both can beat amsah as well and Remen was the former dutch champion and one of the few to actually take matches from armada, who also just recently beat faab, zgetto & adam on alliance tourney. Adam beat ice in losers though, who had beaten Remen in winners. =) (ice has I heard trained with dutches extensively lately). Armada and mango are seemingly on their own god tier (both suffer from unbeatability issue, armada even moreso than mango, still has that winning streak going unbroken in europe), but amsah and rest of the dutches + spanish and calle are all right after and very close in skill level. :3

Fuzzyness, an unknown UK scrub by mainstream standards rofl, beat aniolas and adam on alliance tourney though and seemingly went 2-1 against amsah with his falcon that's so good canada pays for his flight to their tourney this summer. I guess this proves europe has much much more to offer than just dutches and swedes, if spanish smashers weren't already legit enough. =) (strawhat's marth was going toe to toe with armada and overtriforce with amsah in sheik dittos *note pal version*)
You should really do your best to format your walls of text. I wasn't able to read the entire thing.

Metà

Smash Master
Fuzzyness, an unknown UK scrub by mainstream standards rofl, beat aniolas and adam on alliance tourney though and seemingly went 2-1 against amsah with his falcon that's so good canada pays for his flight to their tourney this summer.
what? no I'm helping him fly here so I can give him a big, long hug and play jigglypuff dittos :333333

Luma

Smash Lord
Yeah I have to agree. Linguini said he had no problem keeping up with Armada and Amsah in casuals.

but you have to keep in mind that linguini is also talking a lot of bull****

plus he got wrecked by some german's secondary, and his main got 4stocked against amsah last time

VA

Smash Hero
That's what he told me lol :p

Kay rubyiris, I see what I can do >_>
Um. They offered to pay some of my ticket too (and before they offered fuzzy I might add)but I can't go. They want international attendance. Don't let Fuzzy's MASSIVE ego trick you. Evan's paying because he wants to touch fuzzy...they're in love.

Also he lost to amsah 2-0

Samochan

Smash Master
Um. They offered to pay some of my ticket too (and before they offered fuzzy I might add)but I can't go. They want international attendance. Don't let Fuzzy's MASSIVE ego trick you. Evan's paying because he wants to touch fuzzy...they're in love.

Also he lost to amsah 2-0
Hah fuzz.

Then it was armada he 2-1'ed, I though he meant amsah cause he met him in bracket but seemingly not. It can't have been in bracket or pools though, maybe an mm then.

Luma

Smash Lord
fuzzy is not bad ofc but no where near top10, even though he does play quite close with some really good smashers

anyway hype go for 1st amsah

Charlesz

Smash Champion
but you have to keep in mind that linguini is also talking a lot of bull****

plus he got wrecked by some german's secondary, and his main got 4stocked against amsah last time
4 stocked is pretty bad but this is ganon vs sheik at a high level....

Velox

Smash Ace
hmmm, Armada comes from a land of high smash competition (Sweden), yet none of them really came to Pound from what I see (EK, Svampen, etc..). Did the scene die over there?

strawhats

Smash Master
I can't believe I didn't see that hype money match. I fail.
yeah...about that, we all got wrong info on the livestream...armada and hbox were playing friendlies, which armada won because Hbox was sandbagging rests and ****...(not a serious match) Just wanted to let evryone know that armada hass said that the $100 mm that he and hbox have arranged will be played out on Monday after the tourney if completed.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
yeah...its weird but I know alot of players from all parts of the world (that means you Lunaris from Alsaka). Including your very own Fuzzyness, Professor Pro, and Vanity Angel...special shoutout to you Tamoo, Crisboi, and of course a legend, The Doug

Yeah it sucks that the Mexican Twins( Javi and Tuga are too good) aren't going. It'd be cool to see how Mexico does at a National event (Maximus, 1233, Aphelion,Jov, Rael...)they all ****.

I love the Latin American scene with the legendary Kizzu and Walks from Chile.

Brazil is mad beast too with Aisengobay, and Hella (not the American DBR peach player) Too bad Portugal stopped playing melee.
Brazil* xD

strawhats

Smash Master
Kizzu wtf

you're alive

have u been watching Pound 4 stream all this time...you should

Oh yeah

and I forgot you were from Brazil.

Come back to melee and come to the U.S. and **** us with that sexy marth of yours (bring Walks too)

Samochan

Smash Master
yeah...about that, we all got wrong info on the livestream...armada and hbox were playing friendlies, which armada won because Hbox was sandbagging rests and ****...(not a serious match) Just wanted to let evryone know that armada hass said that the $100 mm that he and hbox have arranged will be played out on Monday after the tourney if completed.
Where the f did that mm part come from then? <_>;

Ugh

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
wtf is with the old school smashers lately?

Wak was posting earlier in that Pound 4 thread now Kizzu is posting. wtf? o.O

Mike G, Wife, Husband, PC, Chillin, Xelic, and Tipman. Really, wtf???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom