• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
YOU KNOW I LOVE U TOO SAMO.

It just sucks to know you're not going

lol at Jeffz0r...that aint Armada.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
Due merely to the fact that Plank said he was going even with most of Europe in friendlies (he's housing them), I should already have a shadow of a basis to say that I'm not severely underestimating them.

Plank isn't a professional.

He doesn't place top 5 in major tournies. No offense to him.

But he went "even" with most of them.

>_>

Also, Armada did not **** M2K. He won in a very close set, which should have been 3 out of 5.

no it shouldnt, winners semis. second, final destination was the stage he already won, so armada didnt had to play that stage.. another thing, this kid dii someting m2k have fucing long time he doesntdo, beated mango a set. . . No offense, i love m2k's playstyle, and i would lvoe to see m2k beating a set to mango, but armadad deserved 2nd, he really did. now i dont know if armada will win this, maybe, maybe not.

are twins from mexico going?

strawhats

Smash Master
aww poor samo :(

And strawhats knows a surprising amount about europe :o
I had no idea about Benoit until i went to my first euro :/
yeah...its weird but I know alot of players from all parts of the world (that means you Lunaris from Alsaka). Including your very own Fuzzyness, Professor Pro, and Vanity Angel...special shoutout to you Tamoo, Crisboi, and of course a legend, The Doug

Yeah it sucks that the Mexican Twins( Javi and Tuga are too good) aren't going. It'd be cool to see how Mexico does at a National event (Maximus, 1233, Aphelion,Jov, Rael...)they all ****.

I love the Latin American scene with the legendary Kizzu and Walks from Brazil , which is mad beast too with Aisengobay, and Hell Too bad Portugal stopped playing melee.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Due merely to the fact that Plank said he was going even with most of Europe in friendlies (he's housing them), I should already have a shadow of a basis to say that I'm not severely underestimating them.

Plank isn't a professional.

He doesn't place top 5 in major tournies. No offense to him.

But he went "even" with most of them.

>_>

Also, Armada did not **** M2K. He won in a very close set, which should have been 3 out of 5.
Ask Amsah what happened and he will say Plank didn't stand a chance.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I've frankly heard the exact opposite of plank going even with the europeans lol

but again

plank is nowhere near top pro status

amsah and armada and some others with them are,

some of the euros who came might be on planks level, but definitly there is a skill gap there.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Agree with Manalord and Jumpman, Chivalruse is just making **** up to back up his arguement.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
If Plank went even with the europeans... Europe will get ***** in crews... Which won't happen, because i don't belive Plank going even with them, atleast not all of them.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Final predictions:

1. Armada (I have a feeling he's going to win for some reason)
2. Mango
3. M2K (yeah I went there)
4. Hbox
5. Amsah
6. PeePee
7. Darkrain/SilentSpectre
8. Zgetto

Random, I know. I just want to have something posted before the tourney =)

Samochan

Smash Master
If Plank went even with the europeans... Europe will get ***** in crews... Which won't happen, because i don't belive Plank going even with them, atleast not all of them.
Amsah said he kicked his butt, but hey, even plank said he didn't stand a chance vs his fox and adam's marth was beastly, then g-reg comes to say europe is no joke (I assume he got to play them). Casuals is casuals though, no matter how you look at it. Armada is certainly better than plank and has gotten much better since genesis, yet amsah goes even with armada on very recent tourney in netherlands and even 2 stocked him with his fox once (pal fox/sheik olol). Then adam and zgetto both have beaten amsah, he says so himself. =)

Europe won't get ***** in crews, but there's no doubt **** won't happen regardless. ;p Europe's crew is way too strong to just get mauled.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Does the Europe crew have enough players?

We got

Armada
Zgetto
Anolias
Amsah
???
???

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
How well Europeans place in European tournaments is irrelevant. No Americans are at those tournaments. No European Fox - Zgetto, Remen, or even Amsah can beat the gayness that is HBox. He's too good.

Also, none of those Foxes can beat M2K's Marth. They have a chance of taking a game off him, but he's too robot to lose a set that's Fox vs Marth all the way.

Mango just doesn't lose. Plus Europe has no Ganons. >_>

I also think DrPP will dominate Faab/Strawhat Deahean/any other Falco or spacy from Europe. The kid is just ****.

Lucky, Jman, Cactuar, and Eggm are also incredible competitors, all of whom have some incredible match-ups and will prove their worth.

We also have some **** Sheiks. Tope, Teczero, Kira, Plank, and Drephen. All of them can lay the **** on Marth and Falcon players especially.

Then we have our Falcons. God, our Falcons ... will DESTROY any Peaches, any Ganons, any Samuses, any Marths, any ICs.

Darkrain, Hax, SS, Scar and G-Reg are all made of win.

I don't see how more than 2 Europeans can possibly get top 15, with all the other random pros like Chu, Forward, Taj, Wobbles, Lambchops, Zhu, Cort, and others out there.

Also - Calle W is not going. That's already one less likely top 10 finisher from Europe.

Nice try.
Axe and a rusty as hell Taj are the only az pros going, fyi.

4% APR

Smash Champion
lol i remember when you tried to avatar match x too. i think he just gave it to you

Charlesz

Smash Champion
ALright thanks for clearing that up, I wanna see Europe **** in crews. I'm sick and tired of EC winning crews all the time.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
EC's power has dwindled.

If Europe is a whole crew then US would be the crew to match them, not just one region from the US.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Agreed. I'm still wondering exactly HOW crews are going to work, since I've heard people talk about regional crews in the U.S.? I still maintain that Europe will will handily against any crew except one for the entire U.S. (or an even bigger one). That'd be more even.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I think everyone's sleeping on Mango. I think he wins pretty handily.
for real though. so he loses one tournament and everyone thinks he sucks now lol. not dickriding or anything but when mango wants to win, he finds a way

... or he rage quits lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I wish I was going :( I predict that there will be lots of cool matches and that if people do not go to extraordinary lengths to record them, I'm going to be VERY VERY ANGRY. And my local Gamestop doesn't have any more controllers in stock, so don't let that happen.

General: Top 5 will have no surprising players in it. One, if not both of the seventh placers, will be players you would not have originally predicted to even break top 10, but they're going to be on their game that day. As a result, at least one person in 9th place will be somebody who "should have" placed higher but flopped. This happens at every major tournament, so expect it now :3

More specifically: Top 5 will have both Mango and HBox in it. There will be at least one space animal main (not counting Mango's Falco or Fox) up here as well--from experience I can see Zhu making it here if he's on and stays focused. I'm hopeful about seeing Zhu vs. PP though, and spacey dittos can go either way depending on which player is on top of his game at that moment.

M2K has been on a steady decline because he simply doesn't practice Melee, and he does not have the innate talent to stay at his peak without practice. His skill comes from knowledge and training rather than adaptation; without constant effort he cannot and will not stay at the top. He'll still be better than most people, but I don't know if he'll actually break top 5 this time. If he HAS been practicing a lot I'm guessing at him for fourth or fifth.

Europeans in top 5? Beats me. I haven't played any of them so I can't make any decent guesses. Judging by his Genesis performance, Armada is sure to place very high. Judging by the fact that Europe gives him good enough competition to make HIM that good, Europe must be very skilled by association, so we'll probably see all of their best making it into the bracket.

Don't forget though, it's a given that the European players will eliminate each other at random points in the bracket. That means they'll be excluding each other from higher ranks. Armada might not even make it to finals if he plays against one of Europe's best early on. And if they're good enough to beat Armada, that player might be good enough to see action in top 2/3. So... yeah, I'm not even gonna touch that one, I have nothing to base it on. I DO expect a European in top 5, and that's all I'll say.

^^what a tangled mess that was^^

Anyhow, good luck to everybody going, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RECORD MATCHES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom