• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
We all know M2K got this

If he actually played the jiggz/marth matchup correctly.

I really think if m2k plays smart and confident he beats everyone. (maybe mango... maybe)

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Europeans getting a little too much credit. They're outnumbered, after all.
When did that ever affect players from doing amazing in general overseas? Ken didn't choke in Japan, Captain Jack didn't in Europe, and Armada didn't really either (well maybe a little) at Genesis, and i think Armada didn't take a step back in the mental aspect of smash, he's become a better player over the last half year or so.
And you don't get that good at a game either by just playing bad people all the time, so don't underestimate the other europeans.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
This is a bigger tournament than all of those you mentioned combined.

I'd be surprised if half the top players from anywhere didn't choke.

Quic

Smash Journeyman

So the europeans are at a disadvantage how?
I mean if you're saying that everyone will play worse, them included, than how are they different from people from the USA?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
There are only a handful of Europeans going to Pound. Mathematically, some of them will choke.
Some of the top Americans will also choke.

However, the number of top American pros versus top European pros is about 5 to one. Therefore, there will be about 5 times as many Americans in the top 15 as there are Europeans.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
There are only a handful of Europeans going to Pound. Mathematically, some of them will choke.
Some of the top Americans will also choke.

However, the number of top American pros versus top European pros is about 5 to one. Therefore, there will be about 5 times as many Americans in the top 15 as there are Europeans.
Choking has a lot to do with mental strenght though, and i don't think it's fair to try to quatize that.
On top of that, it's an unfare comparison you made there, yes, there are a lot more american pros, however, there are not a lot more people that consistantly place top 5 than there are europeans that do so, as Remen, Amsah, Zgetto,Adam,Armada and Faab all consistantly not just place high but top 5, so you can't really compare them with people who are rediculously good, but not top 5 material, there are still more americans that are just that of course, but not nearly a 5 to 1 ratio.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
To inject clarity:

**** America, always got to go with extremes. Just because it's proven Europe can match America now, doesn't mean they're going to dominate top 10. Armada, Amsah, Zgetto etc. might, but you Americans are forgetting your own worth.

Mango, if he doesn't act a **** and get drunk or whatever BS the kids do these days, will win. I'd put it as a certainty.

Armada...Armada got even better. The one to win if Mango is an aforementioned ****.

HungryBox will place very high (why the hell is this guy still generally slept on?).

M2k, as my favourite smasher of all time bar KDJ, I can't predict. He's a shaken guy in Mele now adays, has to take breaks during sets and rage quit if he gets flustered. This is completely dependant on how on point M2k is, 07 Fox controller M2k is bar none incredible.

Rest of Europe's going to be great, how great can't be close to predicted because they've never been to America.

Also, PC Chris, Jman and Cactuar will suddenly remember they're really ****ing good and remind us to fear t3h Foxxx...I can dream.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
There's only one europe superstar really missing right? That's Calle W???

Most of the europeans coming are the best of their best. So they are pretty prepared for this, especially since there's a dozen of them or so. As opposed to just Armada and his bro last time. They'll be much less overwhelmed.

I heard amsah was a very cool dude I wish I was going and could meet some euros!

Any french people going? I am in france every once in a while and would love to make connections!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
How well Europeans place in European tournaments is irrelevant. No Americans are at those tournaments. No European Fox - Zgetto, Remen, or even Amsah can beat the gayness that is HBox. He's too good.

Also, none of those Foxes can beat M2K's Marth. They have a chance of taking a game off him, but he's too robot to lose a set that's Fox vs Marth all the way.

Mango just doesn't lose. Plus Europe has no Ganons. >_>

I also think DrPP will dominate Faab/Strawhat Deahean/any other Falco or spacy from Europe. The kid is just ****.

Lucky, Jman, Cactuar, and Eggm are also incredible competitors, all of whom have some incredible match-ups and will prove their worth.

We also have some **** Sheiks. Tope, Teczero, Kira, Plank, and Drephen. All of them can lay the **** on Marth and Falcon players especially.

Then we have our Falcons. God, our Falcons ... will DESTROY any Peaches, any Ganons, any Samuses, any Marths, any ICs.

Darkrain, Hax, SS, Scar and G-Reg are all made of win.

I don't see how more than 2 Europeans can possibly get top 15, with all the other random pros like Chu, Forward, Taj, Wobbles, Lambchops, Zhu, Cort, and others out there.

Also - Calle W is not going. That's already one less likely top 10 finisher from Europe.

what about aniolas and amsah? top 10 perhaps?
Nice try.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Im not johning for Armada.

Also, i know Armada will win this tournament.

Somebody take a picture of Foy's face when that happens please.

;)

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings

I have to agree with quic. The best player from America, Japan and Europe didn't choke when they went overseas. I don't think leaving your country predespones you to choking.

Of course no one plays at there best all the time so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Europeans aren't at the top of their game(just like some of the Americans won't be)

There's only one europe superstar really missing right? That's Calle W???

Most of the europeans coming are the best of their best. So they are pretty prepared for this, especially since there's a dozen of them or so. As opposed to just Armada and his bro last time. They'll be much less overwhelmed.

I heard amsah was a very cool dude I wish I was going and could meet some euros!

Any french people going? I am in france every once in a while and would love to make connections!
It's not just Calle W; Infernum, Makenshi and EK are also missing unfortunately.

Foy

Smash Champion
Im not johning for Armada.

Also, i know Armada will win this tournament.

Someboyd take a picture of Foy's face when that happens please.

;)
Ill take it myself if armada wins.

But if he doesn't win, ill take a pic of my *** with giant smiley faces on each check with "Kiss my *** Zephy" Written on it.

<3

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I'm not saying Europeans aren't great, to anyone wondering. I'm just saying they will struggle immensely with this level of American competition.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I'm not saying Europeans aren't great, to anyone wondering. I'm just saying they will struggle immensely with this level of American competition.
Yeah, I think they will. Not as badly are you're claiming though. We'll have to wait Pound to see just how Europe stands up to America, instead of just Armada.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Last time we underestimated europe, they came and *****. ( armada) I doubt the best falcons in the U.S can beat Armada's peach. Your underestimating europe way too much ChivalRuse

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yes, calle isn't going. He's europe's other superpower, and europe's crew would probably **** X2 as hard with him

oh well at least they've got armada and like all the other good players who don't come to mind now

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Is Poilon going to this?

Also, Foy, im sorry to disappoint u, but thatwon't happen.

Armada is taking this ****!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Last time we underestimated europe, they came and *****. ( armada) I doubt the best falcons in the U.S can beat Armada's peach. Your underestimating europe way too much ChivalRuse
Due merely to the fact that Plank said he was going even with most of Europe in friendlies (he's housing them), I should already have a shadow of a basis to say that I'm not severely underestimating them.

Plank isn't a professional.

He doesn't place top 5 in major tournies. No offense to him.

But he went "even" with most of them.

>_>

Also, Armada did not **** M2K. He won in a very close set, which should have been 3 out of 5.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
How well Europeans place in European tournaments is irrelevant. No Americans are at those tournaments. No European Fox - Zgetto, Remen, or even Amsah can beat the gayness that is HBox. He's too good.

Also, none of those Foxes can beat M2K's Marth. They have a chance of taking a game off him, but he's too robot to lose a set that's Fox vs Marth all the way.

Mango just doesn't lose. Plus Europe has no Ganons. >_>

I also think DrPP will dominate Faab/Strawhat Deahean/any other Falco or spacy from Europe. The kid is just ****.

Lucky, Jman, Cactuar, and Eggm are also incredible competitors, all of whom have some incredible match-ups and will prove their worth.

We also have some **** Sheiks. Tope, Teczero, Kira, Plank, and Drephen. All of them can lay the **** on Marth and Falcon players especially.

Then we have our Falcons. God, our Falcons ... will DESTROY any Peaches, any Ganons, any Samuses, any Marths, any ICs.

Darkrain, Hax, SS, Scar and G-Reg are all made of win.

I don't see how more than 2 Europeans can possibly get top 15, with all the other random pros like Chu, Forward, Taj, Wobbles, Lambchops, Zhu, Cort, and others out there.

Also - Calle W is not going. That's already one less likely top 10 finisher from Europe.

Nice try.
Ugh, seriously, that first argument is just rediculous, no americans in european tournaments means all your own tournament results are irrelevant as well, yet you try to defend your own players regardless, ofcourse tournaments matter, regardless of attendance or players who attended.
On the players you mentioned i can definetly see some of your points, but if you think that american shieks can compare to europeans you must be mistaking =/ also, out of the top players comming here from europe(Dutch/Armada) nobody plays either Captain falcon/ganon/ic's etc. and while i agree wholeheartedly about your falcons being the business, we're only bringing one peach, and that one is the business against anyone, and also the one player who does play marth also plays sheik...
i wouldn't dismiss our falco's here either though, they have proved their worth over many years here, but american falco's are **** as well, so we're just going to have to see.
I don't have a lot to say about m2k, mango and hungrybox though, those guys are going to ravage, but just don't underestimate us down here, i predict at least 4 europeans in top 15.
and that'll be the last prediction i make here XD feel free to come laugh at me/applaud me sunday/monday though.
OHSHII---EDIT:
going even with plank doesn't mean jack, friendlies are prone to sandbaggery/not playing serious in general.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yes, calle isn't going. He's europe's other superpower, and europe's crew would probably **** X2 as hard with him

oh well at least they've got armada and like all the other good players who don't come to mind now
You've totally forgetting top french players like poilon & makenshi. =) Then I could name a few who should be there too, like ek, ice, aldwyn...

But yea, top dutches, top european aka swede and top spanish is really good. :3

Chivalruse, amsah kicked plank's butt when tired, with his fox and on casuals no less. :/ Heck, I beat adam's falcon on my first international tourney and amsah's falcon on my second international tourney with bomb trap, but hardly means me > amsah or adam. >_>; Beating armada once convincingly on a tourney match after genesis with that fox and otherwise going close with sheik/fox is a much better judge of skill level.

G-reg also stated europeans are no joke. =) Do not forget that europeans are **** and who can also go toe to toe with armada and are motivated to own at this tourney. ^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
The Dutches are really fun guys. I'm pretty sure you guys will love them ;)

No, sadly, none of us could make it this time, even though Makenshi and I thought for a long time we'd be able to.
As for making connections with French smashers, just contact me. I'll help you find some players next time you'll come over here ;)

Is Poilon going to this?
see above

xbombr

Smash Ace
Due merely to the fact that Plank said he was going even with most of Europe in friendlies (he's housing them), I should already have a shadow of a basis to say that I'm not severely underestimating them.

>_>

Also, Armada did not **** M2K. He won in a very close set, which should have been 3 out of 5.
How much do the Europeans actually play the NTSC versions Melee?

Plank is a Sheik. Sheik handles very different in NTSC and PAL due to the d-throw nerf.

Charlesz

Smash Champion

>_>

wowowowow , who the **** cares if armada didnt 3 stock m2k at genesis. The fact that Armada beat m2k 2-1 when the last match was on FD is simply amazing. I heard that Mew2king said he was gonna peach ditto armada if they met at genesis. 4 stocked at 4 pm

Quic

Smash Journeyman
How much do the Europeans actually play the NTSC versions Melee?

Plank is a Sheik. Sheik handles very different in NTSC and PAL due to the d-throw nerf.
I feel obliged to respond to this, the top players all know NTSC pretty much as well as they know PAL, they didn't just come to america expecting to cope with major differences and still ******, they've been playing NTSC for years.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
wowowowow , who the **** cares if armada didnt 3 stock m2k at genesis. The fact that Armada beat m2k 2-1 when the last match was on FD is simply amazing. I heard that Mew2king said he was gonna peach ditto armada if they met at genesis. 4 stocked at 4 pm
This post is so win!

xbombr

Smash Ace
I feel obliged to respond to this, the top players all know NTSC pretty much as well as they know PAL, they didn't just come to america expecting to cope with major differences and still ******, they've been playing NTSC for years.
I understand this, but they aren't playing against tourney level NTSC Sheiks on a regular basis.

They're playing against PAL tourney Sheiks that practice on NTSC. Unless there are like a bunch of NTSC tournaments, then they aren't as used to playing against NTSC Sheik as they are PAL Sheik.

On the Sheik boards Amsah constantly talks about how us NTSC Sheiks are too reliant on d-throw and don't know the character. This leads me to believe that a lot of the Sheiks that do play NTSC in Europe are just learning to play NTSC Sheik like PAL Sheik against NTSC characters.

IDK that's just what I've gathered. There's no way they can be as tourney experienced in NTSC as someone who only has NTSC.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Europe will take this.

Just look at the roster!

Remen
Zgetto
Faab
Amsah
Adam
Strawhat Dahean
Over
Armada
Jeffz0r

There is no way America will ever win.

Honestly I just want to see continental crews. **** the tournament.

@ Europeans: We shouldn't be rooting for our country's top player, but the continent itself. :)

strawhats

Smash Master
I wish guys like Peki, Neutroni, Infernum, Makenshi, Calle W, Helios, and Aldwyn were going to this.

Almost as much as I wish that Cort, Isai, Forward, Wobbles, Tink, Sethlon, DSW, and KDJ were going(yes he still plays and I think plans on coming back when he comes home from Korea). DA is tring to make a comeback in melee according to Mike G. (Neo, Bum, DireVulcan, and someone needs to convince Wes)

Who the hell is Jeffz0r.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Peki does not travel outside of Finland. He never has, he never will.

Helios can't make up his mind about quiting or not.

Aldwyn is the greatest Italian ever. I wish he was attending, too.

Who the hell is Jeffz0r.
Are you serious? Everybody knows Jeffz0r. Hes the best peach in the world. He even came to America and ***** us.

strawhats

Smash Master
I hear Benoit is living in Paris and is playing seriously again. Would have been nice if Dev, Pamaro(LOVE THEIR FALCON), Ice, and Poilon went too. Im sure they would've gotten top 25. DBR, TSA, and DA old school players need to come back all of 'em and crew battle each other. H2YL was pretty **** too. Crazy return will forever be known as the crew that m2k ****ted on single handedly (w/. a little help from PC).

Its funny cuz while im on one of my reminscing trips I remember seeing Simna ISBN pos on the boards like a few weeks ago, Gimpyfish still plays but his bowser looks obsolete compared to WK and DJN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom