• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Just got in tonight. I'm assuming that gamefaqs guy hasn't shown anything tonight correct?

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I thought it was 'Alph is an alt' meaning one of, but not the only one. When you consider that Bowser Jr. is likely getting 7 different Alternate Skins, I don't think it's unreasonable to believe Louie, Charlie and Brittany could be alts as well.
Brittany was deconfimed for an alt skin

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
When we got the leaked roster, couldn't have been possible that it wasn't sent to ESRB when that pic was taken? The leaker probably didn't unlock all the characters at the time and then later did and it was sent to ESRB. Isn't that possible?
The game isn't given to the esrb. A video is. So, the leaker couldn't do any unlocking.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I was actually asking about what time would be "tonight", cause time zones and being past midnight here. But looking at the last post in that thread, I guess it's 10 PM now leaker time.
No exact time but who knows, maybe he's planning on waiting for the POTD to upload the images after it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No actual leaker would dare risk doing anything of that sort now, if they are with NoA.
Any intelligent fake leaker would not post anything about being with NoA.
After what just happened, they are clearly all going to be more on 'lockdown,' made more aware of the consequences.
It is like trying to escape from prison after it goes into high security mode from the first prisoners escape.
It is a stupid move.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I hope we get something from that leaker. It'd be nice for more confirmation on stuff and leaks are entertaining.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No actual leaker would dare risk doing anything of that sort now, if they are with NoA.
After what just happened, they are clearly all going to be more on 'lockdown,' made more aware of the consequences.
It is like trying to escape from prison after it goes into high security mode from the first prisoners escape.
It is a stupid move.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
It is a stupid move.
Maybe the mans crazy and wants to risk everything. :o

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Inb4 this supposed 4chan leak starts with:
"So I know an employee from NoA and he sent me pics but I can't show you to protect his job...."
For serious though, do you think Samurai will continue his old plan in revealing characters, I mean he still has a couple newcomer videos to show at LEAST. Or has the leak made him switch to a plan B? (I dunno what plan B is to be honest, I just want Roidley)
I'm almost positive Sakurai planned on a leak in the first place.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So, uh, rewatching the footage via some random youtube video. And it has a Chorus Kid in it. I'm fairly certain it is an additional fake addition by an uninvolved party, but I only saw 3 of the original seven videos. Was this included in one?

Nevertheless, I still believe it all to be fake. Just wondering.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Dark Pit was shown in the Palutena trailer. In my mind, that ruined any hype building up to him being a playable character. Especially since his cameo felt so lame and forced, but here we are.
Dark pit wasn't shown off as an assist trophy is my point.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So, uh, rewatching the footage via some random youtube video. And it has a Chorus Kid in it. I'm fairly certain it is an additional fake addition by an uninvolved party, but I only saw 3 of the original seven videos. Was this included in one?

What video?

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman

Can you link said video...? Is it a still image of the Chorus Kids, with the third one recoiling from an attack? That was confirmed fake. But if it's footage...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Can you link said video...? Is it a still image of the Chorus Kids, with the third one recoiling from an attack? That was confirmed fake. But if it's footage...
I was hesitant to post the link, because I'm not sure if it's allowed. But I will anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBlbn-nNEM

About 54 seconds in. I have no doubt it is fake, however.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
The guy was called Smashleaks on Twitter. He made that video and it was meant as a joke, then he just kept posting random stuff like a roster made on Paint. I'll admit he was pretty funny though

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
So for this supposed leak tonight, did the guy or girl hint at what he/she would be showing?
Probably something like this...

Sorry, I just saw that word used so much, and someone had to do it

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
Probably something like this...

Sorry, I just saw that word used so much, and someone had to do it
Considering Gamefaqs and 4Chan OPs have pulled that **** before, I wouldn't be surprised.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've seen that Chrous Men gameplay before. It was deemed fake.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is a stupid move.
High security mode? You mean a lock-down? :rotfl:

I've seen that Chrous Men gameplay before. It was deemed fake.
Indeed... if people fell for that footage... I can see why the ESRB footage is so compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom