• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Probably - though, maybe not to Japan and moreso just to Western countries. But we've honestly yet to see a really huge wtf character this go around, Wii Fit Trainer sort of fits that bill, but not quite as seriously WTF as we've gotten before. And with the leaks + Sneaky Spirits in Smash, I think they have the best chance (leak backing/evidence wise) of getting in as far as newcomers we've yet to see go. They're still absolutely not guaranteed, but I think they have a fair chance right now if we're going to be seeing more characters.
Some leaks, say they're on it, some say mach rider.

Polar bear is in smash run, yet IC's are cut, kremlings but no King K. Rool. so that means Smash run enemies doesn't confirm anything.

I'd say they're not in, WFT is basically our WTF character, when she was first announced, nobody and I mean no one saw that coming.

Sorry to say but the CM aren't as likely anymore, remember what happened to Chrom being "likely"? just saying don't get your hopes up.

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
well the remaining 5 are unpredictable, im confident that one of them is ridley. i think that hinting at a character not playable is a HUGE **** move
Honestly, though, would you put it past Sakurai to just tease something and then not put it in? He is the world's greatest troll

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
In all fairness, Uprising wasn't actually that much of a slouch if you played on max intensity...

....Especially if you're left-handed.
I'm a lefty too and it actually makes me hesitant to buy Uprising.

On topic: I'm a little leaked out. It's fun though; I have what I want (a wonderful roster) and anything else that is revealed just adds on to that!

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
I don't even know what's going on anymore...
My guess is people are so wrapped up in the idea that Ridley could be in that they're convincing themselves that he will be in. Honestly, I don't care either way. I'm looking forward to playing as greninja and zero suit samus, mainly.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I'm a lefty too and it actually makes me hesitant to buy Uprising.

On topic: I'm a little leaked out. It's fun though; I have what I want (a wonderful roster) and anything else that is revealed just adds on to that!
You should give it a shot honestly, there's an option to make the face buttons aim the cursor instead of the touch screen. It works perfectly fine, it just gives you a SLIGHT disadvantage on fine control. The game is FANTASTIC and has some of the best writing Nintendo's ever done though. Also, a lot of elements in the new game are BORROWED from Uprising. So, it'd be good to get an idea of how things like the difficulty system work.

If it wasn't obvious, I'm a lefty, too.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
honestly, WFT is a WTF character, but not **THE** WTF character
Really. That's what I like about this roster. There were quite a few weird surprises in it with very unique mechanics that mix up the whole way the game is played. Whether you like Fire Emblem or not, Robin's gimmick was unexpected and REALLY cool.

Obviously, I can't just main every cool, bizarre character, but as someone that enjoys playing games with more unorthodox playstyles, I'm very happy with the inclusions.

andimidna

Smash Master
My take on the remaining 4/5 (hopefully a bunch of leaks don't happen while I take like an hour to type this)
I still think that Gematsu was outdated. And the Chorus Men were only originally planned, but got scrapped due to 3ds complications just like Ice Climbers. There's no other reason Ice Climbers would be cut, right? They were pretty overpowered in Brawl, but Meta Knight returned. That'd be a bad reason anyways, them physically not being able to return is the only reason I will accept from Sakurai for their abscence. And I don't see the Chorus Men working if Ice Climbers didnt. Every way to work around it sounds unlikely, and if ICs have an enemy in Smash Run but aren't playable, then we shouldn't have much hope for a different RH character except as DLC.
I know it's easy to just say Gematsu was fake, but I do think it was real. And the reason why we have Robin and not Chrom was basically summed up in Sakurai's article. I think he was planned though, it seems like they consider him the main character of awakening, they sure did tease him a lot in the trailer, like he's not just any other random deconfirmation.
So basically, I think Chrom and Chorus Men are on the same boat for pretty much the opposite reasons.

Also, another thing about Chorus Men, isn't RH dominantly a handheld series? Why wouldn't it get a 3ds stage? Or did it?

And, if Chorus Men are out of the picture, how many are left?

5? 4 + Miis? Seriously, how will Miis work on the select screen? And what will occupy their slot on an online roster?
I'm not going to mess around with Mii theories.
I think our remaining characters are Mewtwo (unique veteran), Ridley (unique newcomer), Dixie Kong (could be clone or unique newcomer), Impa (could be clone or unique newcomer- much more likely to be a clone), and... Somebody. I don't know.
If its a veteran and one of the remaining ones aren't cut- Wolf. He has the least going against him of the remaining veterans. I don't know why Lucas would be gone but he'd be back, but Gematsu did say that was being considered. So I'm not surprised. Ice climbers have the E3 2013 comment about 3ds difficulty against them. Snake, ivysaur, and Squirtle have been assumed gone for a long time. So, unless it was actually leaked that Wolf is cut, I'd say it could be him.
Once again, I don't know about Miis. Maybe they get a spot idk.
But if its a newcomer, I'd say its one if the last 3 unique choices I haven't stopped considering- being King K Rool, Isaac, and Mach Rider. The rest seem pretty much done for imo.
I don't know which one is the most likely... Of those 3 options, not the newcomer picks, K Rool has got to be the frontrunner of that trio. But I could see it being just Wolf or Miis.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Polar bear is in smash run, yet IC's are cut, kremlings but no King K. Rool. so that means Smash run enemies doesn't confirm anything..
If the roster actually is incomplete, there's a chance of ICs, and Kremlings are from Donkey Kong Country, which has two characters already, so it was silly to assume they were hinting at K. Rool.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
What irks me about the CSS is the black spaces. It's like...if that's it, you'd think there'd be a design there to hide it, like the SSS. But it's just black. Nothing. It just doesn't look right.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Inb4 this supposed 4chan leak starts with:
"So I know an employee from NoA and he sent me pics but I can't show you to protect his job...."
For serious though, do you think Samurai will continue his old plan in revealing characters, I mean he still has a couple newcomer videos to show at LEAST. Or has the leak made him switch to a plan B? (I dunno what plan B is to be honest, I just want Roidley)

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
What irks me about the CSS is the black spaces. It's like...if that's it, you'd think there'd be a design there to hide it, like the SSS. But it's just black. Nothing. It just doesn't look right.

Melee had black spaces

My take on the remaining 4/5 (hopefully a bunch of leaks don't happen while I take like an hour to type this)
I still think that Gematsu was outdated. And the Chorus Men were only originally planned, but got scrapped due to 3ds complications just like Ice Climbers. There's no other reason Ice Climbers would be cut, right? They were pretty overpowered in Brawl, but Meta Knight returned. That'd be a bad reason anyways, them physically not being able to return is the only reason I will accept from Sakurai for their abscence. And I don't see the Chorus Men working if Ice Climbers didnt. Every way to work around it sounds unlikely, and if ICs have an enemy in Smash Run but aren't playable, then we shouldn't have much hope for a different RH character except as DLC.
I know it's easy to just say Gematsu was fake, but I do think it was real. And the reason why we have Robin and not Chrom was basically summed up in Sakurai's article. I think he was planned though, it seems like they consider him the main character of awakening, they sure did tease him a lot in the trailer, like he's not just any other random deconfirmation.
So basically, I think Chrom and Chorus Men are on the same boat for pretty much the opposite reasons.

Also, another thing about Chorus Men, isn't RH dominantly a handheld series? Why wouldn't it get a 3ds stage? Or did it?

And, if Chorus Men are out of the picture, how many are left?

5? 4 + Miis? Seriously, how will Miis work on the select screen? And what will occupy their slot on an online roster?
I'm not going to mess around with Mii theories.
I think our remaining characters are Mewtwo (unique veteran), Ridley (unique newcomer), Dixie Kong (could be clone or unique newcomer), Impa (could be clone or unique newcomer- much more likely to be a clone), and... Somebody. I don't know.
If its a veteran and one of the remaining ones aren't cut- Wolf. He has the least going against him of the remaining veterans. I don't know why Lucas would be gone but he'd be back, but Gematsu did say that was being considered. So I'm not surprised. Ice climbers have the E3 2013 comment about 3ds difficulty against them. Snake, ivysaur, and Squirtle have been assumed gone for a long time. So, unless it was actually leaked that Wolf is cut, I'd say it could be him.
Once again, I don't know about Miis. Maybe they get a spot idk.
But if its a newcomer, I'd say its one if the last 3 unique choices I haven't stopped considering- being King K Rool, Isaac, and Mach Rider. The rest seem pretty much done for imo.
I don't know which one is the most likely... Of those 3 options, not the newcomer picks, K Rool has got to be the frontrunner of that trio. But I could see it being just Wolf or Miis.
If it was the Chorus Men, possibly only Marshal with the other two helping in the form of an FS?
Possibly the CH could act as one entity but that wouldn't make much sense.

I don't think the CH have much of a chance because of just gaining popularity during the Gematsu leak.
Well, I guess I can't say much because I'm not very familiar with Rhythm Heaven altogether.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess I can't say much because I'm not very familiar with Rhythm Heaven altogether.
This is probably the point where you should have stopped making this post, then. Its popularity is fairly modest in the west but it's very popular in Japan, and there's RH content in Smash Run so while it's not a certain thing I mean...why not.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
If it was the Chorus Men, possibly only Marshal with the other two helping in the form of an FS?
Possibly the CH could act as one entity but that wouldn't make much sense.

I don't think the CH have much of a chance because of just gaining popularity during the Gematsu leak.
Marshall with the other two in a Final Smash I see working.
Ice Climbers I feel could possibly, unlikely, but POSSIBLY get DLC, along with maybe Mewtwo and Wolf. But for IC I'm on the fence with.

So my idea for the 3/4 DLC/extra is Marshall, Mewtwo, Wolf, Ice Climber(s)

This is probably the point where you should have stopped making this post, then. Its popularity is fairly modest in the west but it's very popular in Japan, and there's RH content in Smash Run so while it's not a certain thing I mean...why not.
I've heard about the popularity all around but I never saw a request until recently. That said, I still hope a unique character like them will be in.

*Character I've pretty much jumped on the bandwagon for, for Smash!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Honestly, though, would you put it past Sakurai to just tease something and then not put it in? He is the world's greatest troll
Also, he's not hinting at Ridley not being playable, he's hinting at Ridley being a boss- an obvious honor. It's not being a troll adding a fan favorite character as a boss if making them playable won't work.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Friday there will be 14 days left until release just let that sink in. It feels like just yesterday the game was mentioned at E3 2011..heck I remember speculating Zoroark as a playable character back then.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
He meant that it's pitch black behind the characters on the 3DS one. In the Melee and Brawl screens they have a background to them.
It certainly seems that way, although it's possible that there is some kind of pattern/background graphic but it's subtle and the screens are too blurry to see it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What do you think the trailers will be?

I'm confident in Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog because it is such a funny contrast.

However Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit? That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe one of the unknown characters will in one with Bowser Jr. or Dark Pit?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The final trailer is probably a conglomerate of all the remaining newcomers.

Or a giant purple image that zooms out for 3 minutes just to say "Ridley Squeezes In!"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
It'll be Shulk because he introduces a new series..or it could be a newcomer that we don't know about who knows. I don't think it will be Duck Hunt.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What do you think the trailers will be?

I'm confident in Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog because it is such a funny contrast.

However Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit? That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe one of the unknown characters will in one with Bowser Jr. or Dark Pit?
I don't think Dark Pit would have his own trailer, seeing that he was hinted at in Palutena's.
Doc could have a similar hint in Bowser Jr.'s trailer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom