• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I'm hoping for something to do with Smash, but take it with a pinch of salt.
it would seem weird not at least have something this close to launch, especially because we know there is at least one more character trailer

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Isn't it 4 in the morning in America right now or something? I'm sure we'll hear something once business hours start.
Correction, it's 7:42 (don't ask why I'm up :p ).
Anyway, yeah, good point. Probably around 11:00 EST the direct will be announced in America.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
It's a 3DS direct and not a Smash Direct, but we can wait some smash information, or with some tough luck, a newcomer trailer.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Correction, it 7:42 (don't ask why I'm up :p ).
Anyway, yeah, good point. Probably around 11:00 EST the direct will be announced in America.
Sorry. I'm just working off my vague memory of the time difference between where I am and America. For some reason I think I use the time zone for San Francisco most of the time.

Last edited:

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
It makes sense for them to show at least something involving Smash, since it is so close to release date in Japan. But I am trying to not get my hopes up, just in case it doesn't happen.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Nintendo 3DS Direct Times:

Japan - August 29th 08:00pm (20:00) is at the following times:

• USA - EST 07:00am
  • USA - CST 06:00am
  • USA - MST 05:00am
  • USA - PST 04:00am
  • London, England - 12:00pm (noon)
  • Syndey, AU - 09:00pm (21:00)
here are the times for the direct in case people wanted to know

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Sorry. I'm just working off my vague memory of the time difference between where I am and America. For some reason I think I use the time zone for San Francisco most of the time.
It's fine. I get time zones mixed up all the time. (I'm pretty sure we all do :p)

Thanks for the times! So where I live, the direct is 7:00 AM? Guess I'm getting up early. :laugh:

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521

Those times actually made me believe that this direct will be Japan only. That's sad, I was expecting an internacional one.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I was hesitant to post the link, because I'm not sure if it's allowed. But I will anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBlbn-nNEM

About 54 seconds in. I have no doubt it is fake, however.
It's fake

And here is why, back in April a Troll account on Twitter and Youtube called "Smashleaks" was taking footage from the Smash direct and editing them to make them look real. He had some people thinking it's legit. Until... he started saying Thomas the Train and other random **** was in Smash. Lol the ironic part was one of the jokes was the Dr.Mario was in the game. Weird how that went down....

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
"Dead citizens of Japan,
Since those dumb Americans ruined the surprise of our roster, we are delaying Super Smash Bros for 3DS as a punishment. Blame them. Good day. "
"Dead citizens of Japan,
Since those dumb Americans ruined the surprise of our roster...
"Dead citizens of Japan
Sheesh. I guess Sakurai lost his temper after the leaked roster got out. :upsidedown:

I'm uncontrollably hyped for the direct despite my more intelligent self doing its best to resist raising its expectations. :awesome:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Those times actually made me believe that this direct will be Japan only. That's sad, I was expecting an internacional one.
Well, in all fairness, many times America had a direct at like 6:00 PM, while Japan had to get up early at like 7:00 AM, so I guess now it's the Americans time to wake up early. :p

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking. Why isnt game and watch on the all star mode pic? I mean sakurai made a point to make that game and watch was made first so shouldnt he start it?

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I've searched the news about that 3DS direct and most of the headlines were a "Smash 3DS-focused" Direct will be airing tomorrow (I'm on UTC+8 BTW) and all view errors. I guess it was later debunked it's not gonna be a smash one right?

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I was just thinking. Why isnt game and watch on the all star mode pic? I mean sakurai made a point to make that game and watch was made first so shouldnt he start it?
I'd say it's because he's not nearly as popular or well-known as the characters that are there. :p

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I hope in the near future some gutsy interviewer asks Reggie/Treehouse Staff/Sakurai/Other people involved with the game about the leak. I know we have an "official" response, but I want to see one a bit more candid.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I've searched the news about that 3DS direct and most of the headlines were a "Smash 3DS-focused" Direct will be airing tomorrow (I'm on UTC+8 BTW) and all view errors. I guess it was later debunked it's not gonna be a smash one right?
Yeah, that was a fake announcement from a parody twitter account. It just so happens that Nintendo of Japan announced a real Direct for the exact same date. But yeah, as far as we know the real Direct is just a general one.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I hope in the near future some gutsy interviewer asks Reggie/Treehouse Staff/Sakurai/Other people involved with the game about the leak. I know we have an "official" response, but I want to see one a bit more candid.
Maybe post release, but Nintendo won't want to give the leakers too much power to mess with people.

Hello:)
Can anybody link me the bottom screen of the locked allstar mode. Thank you

I dont know if anybody see this: http://i.imgur.com/e6ijpeI.jpg
Dont know what to think about this...
It doesnt seem to be locked
Yeah it's on the bottom screen that there's a small lock.

Since the direct will be 3DS focused, I think we're 110% guaranteed some Smash 3DS news. The game is coming out in a little more than 2 weeks in Japan so we'll get something even if it's a Japan only direct (which I doubt).

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Yeah it's on the bottom screen that there's a small lock.
Yeah, I do fully believe the leak (it's hard not to), but this lock still confuses me. I know Sakurai switches up convention a lot, but I believe this is the first time we are seeing a locked option on the screen before it's available. The closest thing we have are the "?" slots for characters.

I'd like to think the lock means there are more characters, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Luckily, I love the roster as is.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Yeah, I do fully believe the leak (it's hard not to), but this lock still confuses me. I know Sakurai switches up convention a lot, but I believe this is the first time we are seeing a locked option on the screen before it's available. The closest thing we have are the "?" slots for characters.

I'd like to think the lock means there are more characters, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Luckily, I love the roster as is.
As much as I want Ridley and Mewtwo, I do agree. I mean there's not actually a newcomer so far I don't like. I mean I'm neutral on Villager and Shulk in fairness though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

While in past installments new modes' buttons won't show up until after you unlock them I think the lock makes sense in this case. Obviously this is in the solo play section, but unlike in Brawl there isn't an Adventure Mode or even Event matches, which means there's not much to fill out the empty space with, if the All-Star button wasn't visible the entire menu would inevitably have a lot of filler space on the screen, which would be very ugly to look at. It's purely there to make the menu aesthetically pleasing to look at, and do notice how it's only currently revealed characters that are present in the image on the bottom screen too.

There is however the possibility that All-Star isn't unlocked for the simple reason that they bypassed the triggers to unlock it via the debugging menu, so I wouldn't take it as definitive proof that there are more characters on the roster.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
While in past installments new modes' buttons won't show up until after you unlock them I think the lock makes sense in this case. Obviously this is in the solo play section, but unlike in Brawl there isn't an Adventure Mode or even Event matches, which means there's not much to fill out the empty space with, if the All-Star button wasn't visible the entire menu would inevitably have a lot of filler space on the screen, which would be very ugly to look at. It's purely there to make the menu aesthetically pleasing to look at, and do notice how it's only currently revealed characters that are present in the image on the bottom screen too.

There is however the possibility that All-Star isn't unlocked for the simple reason that they bypassed the triggers to unlock it via the debugging menu, so I wouldn't take it as definitive proof that there are more characters on the roster.
Wow, that's actually a great point! Considering how design-focused Sakurai seems to be regarding menus, this makes a lot of sense. Still not sure if we're getting more characters, but your reasoning definitely casts it into a different light.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Personally I think it's pretty useless to look at comparisons. I mean so far we only have two games to go on for reference and that is really not enough to set a routine for what these games have where.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
It's clear the 3DS version gimped the roster and wii u version. Remember Sakurai saying Ice Climbers were proving to be a problem on 3DS hardware? And now we have the worst roster in smash history. Two Mario's, two links, two bowsers, 4 fire emblems, the duck hunt dog, transformations separated hogging up more character spots, and exactly ZERO of the hype three. Piles of clones, a tiny roster, few newcomers (with only two being notable).

This roster is horrible. For a series that's main draw is it's roster, the roster is always disappointing. I'm starting to think somebody other than Sakurai should be choosing. This is the worst roster in series history and considering melee, that's saying something.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
It's clear the 3DS version gimped the roster and wii u version. Remember Sakurai saying Ice Climbers were proving to be a problem on 3DS hardware? And now we have the worst roster in smash history. Two Mario's, two links, two bowsers, 4 fire emblems, the duck hunt dog, transformations separated hogging up more character spots, and exactly ZERO of the hype three. Piles of clones, a tiny roster, few newcomers (with only two being notable).

This roster is horrible. For a series that's main draw is it's roster, the roster is always disappointing. I'm starting to think somebody other than Sakurai should be choosing. This is the worst roster in series history and considering melee, that's saying something.
K, seeya next time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom