• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
Sakurai pulled a fast one and confirmed the single most asked questions in the world, "what are the Mii Brawler's Flamey kick and Uppercut really called?", beautiful PotD, 10/10, confirms all dreams.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
have we seen this yet? i don't think it was in that imgur album. just found it on 4chan

Dims

Smash Cadet
The split between the two screens doesn't seem right, the head of the G&W on the top left seems a bit cut.
I think we already agreed that all the leaked photos are taken from a computer screen (with footage from a 3DS of course). And yes, there is some cropping on his icon on the lower screen, but that looks pretty good to me.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
I think we already agreed that all the leaked photos are taken from a computer screen (with footage from a 3DS of course). And yes, there is some cropping on his icon on the lower screen, but that looks pretty good to me.
I know, still looks weird for me. Also, the text is weird (Speaking of the creator - and the death of that person seems weird).

Also, there should be the Game&Watch symbol behind the text.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
The split between the two screens doesn't seem right, the head of the G&W on the top left seems a bit cut.
It's the same as the other trophy screens that we've already seen. The characters get cropped from all directions in that little box. It's just more noticeable with Mr. Game & Watch since he's only a white outline.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm pretty sure that Game & Watch is a fake because there is no "Turn" "Start" or "Zoom" like in the previous ones.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But look at the shape of the mouth, also the outlines are thinner, it kind of matches the CSS icon.
I know there's differences. Perhaps I should have been clearer but I was just pointing out the similarities. There is the possibility it could just be edited, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
have we seen this yet? i don't think it was in that imgur album. just found it on 4chan
Whoa hold on! Why would a trophy description mention the creator's death? WTF is that?!?
Also how convenient is it that Game and Watch is the easiest to fake...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The trophy numbering order makes no sense to me. Game & Watch is presumably a playable character, yet he's 92 spaces behind Wario.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The trophy numbering order makes no sense to me. Game & Watch is presumably a playable character, yet he's 92 spaces behind Wario.
Well Brawl did place the trophies in series by default, so maybe Mr. Game&Watch has been shafted towards the end with R.O.B. in 'Other' instead of having a Game&Watch section for trophies. Although that still means there are a crap tonne of trophies for the other series. I suppose the numbering system could be mostly random.

Dims

Smash Cadet
I know, still looks weird for me. Also, the text is weird (Speaking of the creator - and the death of that person seems weird).

Also, there should be the Game&Watch symbol behind the text.
You're right, the text does look weird. Might just be because it's a photo of a computer screen but I don't know. Is there a symbol behind all of the other leaked trophy text? Besides, these pictures might not even be from what is gonna be the final version of the game.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Comparing this with this makes it seem likely that the Game and Watch trophy picture is fake.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed the START [Help] button. It's very likely that's what is used to hide the text on the top screen. Well, maybe it's real. :p The only thing that seems off now is that very odd description.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Comparing this with this makes it seem likely that the Game and Watch trophy picture is fake.
It's POSSIBLE that the control prompts only come up when you're actually pushing a button at the time. That's not an unusual UI choice. I guess the bigger question here is, "Why would someone make a fake leak for a trophy for a pretty much confirmed character?"

Dims

Smash Cadet
Could still be real. I agree the description is very weird, but what else were you supposed to write about Game and Watch? Though the text does look warped. The help on the top screen can be toggled.

EDIT: Yeah, I am actually on team real here.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
It's POSSIBLE that the control prompts only come up when you're actually pushing a button at the time. That's not an unusual UI choice. I guess the bigger question here is, "Why would someone make a fake leak for a trophy for a pretty much confirmed character?"
This actually occured to me just after I posted. :p The START [Help] part of the Wario trophy leak makes me think that pressing start toggles the button/instructions text on and off.

Could still be real. I agree the description is very weird, but what else were you supposed to write about Game and Watch?
Well, fair enough - I'm not sure. :p It's no reason to think it's fake, but it does seem odd to me.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The part that gets me with the Mr.G&W is the background of the text. Every other trophy has the icon for the series behind it, so why does Mr. Game & Watch not have one? Seems like an amateur thing to mess up.

A possibility is that, along with turning off the 'Help' buttons, it turns off the icon, but I really don't understand WHY that would be a thing.

HOWEVER - I noticed you can't see the icon behind Pauline or Krystal's descriptions either.

I also REALLY doubt they'd reference Gunpei Yokoi's death. Seems like a weird & unnecessary thing to bring up. Especially for NOA to leave it in. It's not impossible, but really unlikely.

The numbering doesn't mean much of anything. Wario's WAY after Zelda, DK, Kid Icarus & Fire Emblem related trophies.

Assuming it is like Brawl, first is SSB/Smash Run stuff. And actually, Mr. Game & Watch is way before Wario in Brawl, too. It's set up by the order the franchise was introduced to SSB. However, the ordering in this game seems arbitrary (Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Game & Watch, then Wario?), and it seems like Assist Trophies, Enemies and Stage Hazards must have their own categories this time. I say this because Dark Train is nowhere near Twinrova and Phosphora is nowhere near Specknose & Medusa.

The trophy that has me stumped is Barbara. She has no body text and is the only trophy that doesn't have the 'full' amount, saying 6/11.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
The thing that gets me on the G&W trophy isn't what any of you guys have said, it's simply this.

If you were going to make a leak image, why make it something as mundane as a trophy for an already known character?

I mean seriously, if somebody is going out of their way to fake something, and only has enough imagination for this then they are a seriously boring guy.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If you were going to make a leak image, why make it something as mundane as a trophy for an already known character?
To make it seem like they have actual credibility so they can stir the pot later with more fake stuff.

Let's be honest with ourselves here a moment. The average person is gullible as hell. I mean, even though we should've learned our lesson from other fake leaks, people are still believing text leaks.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
To make it seem like they have actual credibility so they can stir the pot later with more fake stuff.

Let's be honest with ourselves here a moment. The average person is gullible as hell. I mean, even though we should've learned our lesson from other fake leaks, people are still believing text leaks.
Until we see that pot-stirring in action, I'm going to either assume it's real or that the faker is boring.

Dims

Smash Cadet
It's not like there was any chance at all that Game and Watch wasn't gonna be at least a trophy anyway.
Why are we even discussing this? :gw:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's not like there was any chance at all that Game and Watch wasn't gonna be at least a trophy anyway.
Why are we even discussing this? :gw:
Because the 'leaker' hasn't posted anything else. :p
Seriously, did that guy on Gamefaq's ever post those pics?

Last edited:

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's an international direct, but it was announced for Japan first. Either way, considering it is a 3ds direct, they have to mention something about smash brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom