• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Exhibit A:
This is the OP of the Ninka Leak. Notice this date - July 28th. This is the date the Ninka leak caught on.

Exhibit B:
This is a list of characters in the upcoming smash games that haven't been revealed yet. Notice the date - July 27th.

Exhibit B claims a few of characters that are in the Ninka leak + a few that aren't. The two that specifically caught my eye were DHD and Bowser Jr. I don't think many people anticipated around that time that DHD and Bowseer Jr. were going to be in the game.

Because this leak came out before Ninka's leak became gospel, and because three of its characters (including the oddball DHD) correlates with Ninka's, I'm going to assume its true. Because Ninka wasn't told about Ridley and the other marginalized newcomers, I'm going to assume Exhibit B was posted on 4chan by a source that is different than Ninka's source.

I think Ridley the core leak of all of this is actually a combination of this 4chan leak and Ninka's leak. I think the MFing leaker is lying about the remaining characters but actually guessed three of the characters right (Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie).

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Bit of a shame about the cuts, but remember that there are possibly a few character slots remaining. Hopefully those newcomers make up for it for you. And yeah I think the 3DS may have had something to do with the Ice Climbers, but it wouldn't explain the other cuts. Maybe they just weren't popular enough.

On an aside, the 3DS version looks amazing for the hardware! You know what they say about later gen games and it's true. I can't believe this will be 60 FPS to boot!

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Ninka said that stuff was added by someone else. Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo aren't a part o Ninka's leak.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The CSS still baffles me...even if it's supposed to be in chronological order...why is Shulk after the 3 clones and grouped with the 3rd parties? And why are the retro characters so randomly dispersed? Figuring out how it would be with all characters unlocked is like solving a jigsaw puzzle :/
Shulk is with the 3rd parties because he's technically 2nd party.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Ninka said that stuff was added by someone else. Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo aren't a part o Ninka's leak.
We know. I'm saying that this leak predates the Ninka leak and has a lot to share with it. With nothing going against it besides the absence of 4 characters on the incomplete roster screen, I'd say it's just as credible as Ninka's.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's not part of Ninka's leak no, but it was added before Ninka's leak had any credibility at all, and around the same time the Ninka leak popped up too, which is very suspicious.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
We know. I'm saying that this leak predates the Ninka leak and has a lot to share with it. With nothing going against it besides the absence of 4 characters on the incomplete roster screen, I'd say it's just as credible as Ninka's.
The problem is we don't know if the information is reliable or not. We have a few contradicting opinions right now on who the final characters are, if there are indeed anymore.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
The problem is we don't know if the information is reliable or not. We have a few contradicting opinions right now on who the final characters are, if there are indeed anymore.
Those opinions really don't matter because they are significantly more unsubstantiated than these two leaks.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I suppose I'll still hold on to the belief that maybe we're in for other characters, but I can't logically get it into my head why the CSS that ESRB employees see would be incomplete.

But it's true there's not much going against it other than them not being present in the newest leak, so we'll see.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I truly think that the
>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog
leak

In combination with the Ninka leak which adds Dr. Mario and Dark Pit is the most likely.

They're so similar, they were posted very close to one another, and whereas Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley are rather all agreed upon - I think Chorus Men has the additional backing of Gametsu and the Sneaky Spirit whereas Impa and Mach Rider have the backing of a strange cipher that comes from someone with a history of screwing around.

D

Deleted member

Now with Pokken Tournament announced, just watch as Machamp is leaked as a Smash Newcomer because of him being featured in that game. >_>

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Now with Pokken Tournament announced, just watch as Machamp is leaked as a Smash Newcomer because of him being featured in that game. >_>
I think you're overthinking it. This just means that Lucario and Mewtwo won't appear in future Smash games.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Nintendo may confirm all this being fake tomorrow, so don't get your hopes up.

Watch the end, Nintendo is gonna have a live stream thingy at 6am PST tomorrow.

Last edited:

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I thought the narratives and chronology of The Malazan Book of the Fallen series was tough to follow. If you took the words "Souls" and "Swords" out of the Soul Calibur games and replaced them with "leaks" and "rumors" respectively, that's about where we would be now.

That was the Pokken announcement, no?

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

Hes referring to the announcement trailer of a new Pokemon fighting arcade game. Still no official smash broadcast announced.

He also inferred that these images are the complete roster, which we dont know for sure.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Wasn't the announcement Pokken Fighters?

D

Deleted member

Don't get your hopes up for it being fake. If Nintendo went out of their way to file copyright claims against the leaked videos, that is a lot of evidence for it to be true

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think cuts should definitely be considered for DLC. I have no problem with the Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U. I know people will disagree with me on that, but if it comes down to:

1) Ice Climbers are in one version (Wii U)
or
2) Ice Climbers are in neither version

I would take choice number one. While they could trim it down to just one of them, it would defeat the uniqueness of the character and essentially why Sakurai added them in the first place. Instead of ruining that part, they could just be transferred to the Wii U.

EDIT: If you don't believe it, then you should probably watch everything over again, and seriously consider the fact that Nintendo is trying to put out fires the leak has created. They had those videos taken down. If they were fake, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:

LazarM

Smash Rookie
That video was uploaded today and he said the announcement was tomorrow so it can't be the Pokken Tournament?

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
This video was just uploaded like 16 minutes ago, I doubt its about Pokken. They already have a video refering to Pokken.
Hes referring to the announcement trailer of a new Pokemon fighting arcade game. Still no official smash broadcast announced.

He also inferred that these images are the complete roster, which we dont know for sure.
That was for Pokken Fighters, which already happened. Today.
I thought the narratives and chronology of The Malazan Book of the Fallen series was tough to follow. If you took the words "Souls" and "Swords" out of the Soul Calibur games and replaced them with "leaks" and "rumors" respectively, that's about where we would be now.

That was the Pokken announcement, no?
TOO LAZY TO REPLY CORRECTLY.

D

Deleted member

That was announced today. This video was posted today. He means tomorrow as in Wednesday, unless I'm severely confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
If the ICs do end up on the Wii U version I'll be happy, but also a bit peeved they lied about both versions having the same roster.

If the ICs don't show up at all then I don't really care. Yeah they were cool and all, but technical difficulties are a ***** to try and sort out.

I'm still buttblasted about Lucas potentially being gone. You better have a new replacement Mother rep mr. samurai

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think cuts should definitely be considered for DLC. I have no problem with the Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U. I know people will disagree with me on that, but if it comes down to:

or

I would take choice number one. While they could trim it down to just one of them, it would defeat the uniqueness of the character and essentially why Sakurai added them in the first place. Instead of ruining that part, they could just be transferred to the Wii U.

EDIT: If you don't believe it, then you should probably watch everything over again, and seriously consider the fact that Nintendo is trying to put out fires the leak has created. They had those videos taken down. If they were fake, they probably wouldn't have bothered.
Not to mention the Wii U version costs almost fifty percent more.... I don't think having one version exclusive character is really all that big of a deal.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The video was uploaded an hour ago, so the announcement is unrelated to Pokken tournament

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Historically, smash related nintendo directs are announced on miiverse and smashbros.com. i wouldnt put too much credit to that gamespot video, a lot more sources would be yellin' from the mountaintops

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

or

I don't think number one will happen, Sakurai has stated twice (and apparently some Treehouse reps stated) that both roster will be the same. I think it's too late to add in an exclusive character. Plus, shouldn't this '3DS problem supporting them' be fixed now? We have Rosalina & Luma and Pikmin & Olimar after all.

Ooh, sounds interesting!

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
I don't think number one will happen, Sakurai has stated twice (and apparently some Treehouse reps stated) that both roster will be the same. I think it's too late to add in an exclusive character. Plus, shouldn't this '3DS problem supporting them' be fixed now? We have Rosalina & Luma and Pikmin & Olimar after all.

Ooh, sounds interesting!
Pikmin and Luma have much simpler AI than the Ice Climbers.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Not sure about that video, but I would think that Nintendo's best choice is to not address the leak at all and continue to let people speculate. That's the best thing they can do for hype. Of course, if the leaks are fake, coming out and saying it's fake could be a major hype builder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom