• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
According to some people, the videos are just Brawl mods and Bowser Jr. is just a Diddy Kong reskin.
Really? :glare:
At this point, calling them reskins shows how much in denial they are.

I hope they realise if that Bowser Jr. footage was fake, whoever edited it would have had to put a LOT of time to make Bowser Jr. look authentic. Animations, model, voice SFX, facial expressions, attacks, etc. Hardly anything looked Diddy Kong-ish. Not just that, but the match itself had to have been completely ripped out.

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Eh, a couple of Bowser Jr's attacks looked a bit like Diddy's but not enough that he seems like a reskin. Mostly just some of his tilts, his recovery and I think at some point I might have seen the clown car spew a banana? Still, regular bowser had his new stance and moves, so a brawl hack seems impossible even disregarding the massive amounts of evidence outside of the videos that confirms this leak.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Some people here clearly never played Ice Climber.
To say that Popo wouldn't work without Nana is like saying that Mario wouldn't work without Luigi. Or that any character from an old arcade-y game wouldn't work without its 2nd player pallete swap.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

I hope they realise if that Bowser Jr. footage was fake, whoever edited it would have had to put a LOT of time to make Bowser Jr. look authentic. Animations, model, voice SFX, facial expressions, attacks, etc. Hardly anything looked Diddy Kong-ish. Not just that, but the match itself had to have been completely ripped out.
I think the hardest part to fake would be when he hits the screen - that's not even a feature of Brawl!

I guess people who doubt that might say "well that's why that video was only 3 seconds long!" Valid point, but there is no denying how real this leak it.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

They just thought it was a Diddy reskin, just because Bowser Jr.'s recovery was similar to his Rocket Barrel and some other move that was similar.

According to some people, the videos are just Brawl mods and Bowser Jr. is just a Diddy Kong reskin.
Really? :glare:
I keep seeing this come up.
To all the people who think he's a clone of Diddy...

Bowser Jr is not a clone of Diddy Kong / reskin.

People are saying his attacks are the same, they are not.

His side smash is the cannon attack because you see him flash yellow before he does it, so it is NOT his neutral B and it isn't like Diddy's peanut gun.

The tongue attack looks like a down A attack and not his neutral A so it is not a reskin of Diddy's tail attack.

He throws mini Bowser mechs which look like they'll walk around the stage a bit like Brawl Dedede's waddle dee's. It is not anything like Diddy's banana peel move.

For goodness sake...some people are really silly sometimes.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
One thing that I'm wondering about is how Kirby is going to use Bowser Jr's neutral special move, is the clown car going to appear underneath him to shoot the cannonball and then vanish or something? I wonder if that would cause a little more lag for Kirby when he uses the move then Bowser Jr.

One thing that I'm wondering about is how Kirby is going to use Bowser Jr's neutral special move, is the clown car going to appear underneath him to shoot the cannonball and then vanish or something? I wonder if that would cause a little more lag for Kirby when he uses the move then Bowser Jr.
Maybe he'll look like the one at the end here:

Since we might have the Koopalings as alts it would make sense to give Kirby the Clown car's appearance.

I think he'll so whatever Bowser Jr's neutral B is from his mouth.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Kirby's mouth will be the cannon. :laugh:
But seriously, I'm more wondering how Kirby will look when he copies Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

LittleMacAndCheese

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicj
3DS FC
4124-6305-9419
OMG I had to come back to smashboards today where you nlpeople arent confused and know the leak is real... there's SOO many people in denial on miiverse its unbearable seeing them complain and say its fake... people there are so... ugh and to top it off it seems none of them saw the leaked pictures yesterday... only some people are saying it's confirmed due to pic of the day but the rest? Still in major denial

Raijinken

Smash Master
Clearly Kirby just spits canonballs.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Question: Have we ever seen Larry in a Koopa Clown Car? I know that we've seen all of the Koopalings together in one big one, but I don't think they've ever appeared solo in one (other than Bowser Jr.). If that's true, then what's the point of having Larry in one as a trophy unless he's an alt?
Well I know that previous leak(Ninka I believe) mentioned that the Koopalings are alts. for Bowser Jr. which would make sense because the moveset seems to be based around the clown car. I just thought why else would they have an individual trophy of all the Koopalings if they aren't alts.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. himself doesn't actually have any attacks for him to copy plus Koopalings so he will obviously become the Clown Car.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he'll look like the one at the end here:

Since we might have the Koopalings as alts it would make sense to give Kirby the Clown car's appearance.

I think he'll so whatever Bowser Jr's neutral B is from his mouth.
That makes senses, but if that is what ends up happening, that's one creepy looking copy ability.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I don't care if this leak confirms Lucas and Ice Climbers are cut. I just hope that Tharja trophy is on the Wii U version.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whenever people say the videos are fake, I always look at the footage for one thing: the cloud trails when people are sent flying.

In Brawl, they were quite small.

In Smash 4, they're pretty visible.

Look at Olimar and Wii Fit Trainer respectively.

Compare now here:

Comparing to Brawl again.

Less "puffier". I guess it's the amount of particles put into these games. You can't hack Brawl to have these kind of effects, right?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.
I think it's because he's mashing up your original quote with the list from 4chan that was posted.

D

Deleted member

OMG I had to come back to smashboards today where you nlpeople arent confused and know the leak is real... there's SOO many people in denial on miiverse its unbearable seeing them complain and say its fake... people there are so... ugh and to top it off it seems none of them saw the leaked pictures yesterday... only some people are saying it's confirmed due to pic of the day but the rest? Still in major denial
I know, I went on miiverse last night and everyone was in denial about it. What was scarier is that the community was actually on topic for once.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't care if this leak confirms Lucas and Ice Climbers are cut. I just hope that Tharja trophy is on the Wii U version.
There are two kinds of people in this world...

But really, the only characters I have hope for that I'd really want at the moment are Mewtwo, Chorus Kids (both make sense as late unlockables, as does Wolf, though I'm less confident on him), and the Ice Climbers as a Wii U exclusive (despite what has been said to the contrary).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
But really, the only characters I have hope for that I'd really want at the moment are Mewtwo, Chorus Kids (both make sense as late unlockables, as does Wolf, though I'm less confident on him), and the Ice Climbers as a Wii U exclusive (despite what has been said to the contrary).
maybe the ice climbers are on the wii u version and some other cut character is on the 3ds...nah thats stupid though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai said that the rosters are the same.

I don't know why, if he was having trouble with the Ice Climbers he didn't just have Ice Climber on the 3DS and have the proper Ice Climbers on the Wii U.

It's still the same number of characters, and no one misses out on a Smash Bros staple.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm amazed people are still trying to claim the videos are Brawl hacks.

Like, I agree that I dislike the leak in terms of how it's basically spoilers and how it's a bit of a middle finger for Sakurai, who has done an amazing job of properly conducting the hype train thus far.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to delude myself into denying the obvious.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
When exactly did Sakurai say the rosters between the 3DS and Wii U would be the same - I remember it being a long time ago...maybe even before they discovered they had issues with characters like Ice Climbers on the 3DS?

Really I don't know why he wouldn't just change course and add in a few extra characters on the Wii U, and if he needs to use the excuse that the initial rosters are same but DLC makes difference do that. I was always kind of expecting the Wii U would get extra content through Amiibo (or just through the fact that it isn't a handheld console) anyways...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sakurai said that the rosters are the same.

I don't know why, if he was having trouble with the Ice Climbers he didn't just have Ice Climber on the 3DS and have the proper Ice Climbers on the Wii U.

It's still the same number of characters, and no one misses out on a Smash Bros staple.
I think that'd be a relatively simple solution. Make it a solo Popo on 3DS, with higher powered moves to compensate, and have the traditional duo on the Wii U.

...that's honestly my hope, at the moment, and that solo Popo is a later unlockable...if not, I just hope that while working on the Wii U version they fix the duo for 3DS, and release a free patch for the 3DS when the Wii U releases. Fitting, as they'd kind of be a Christmas gift. :p

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
When exactly did Sakurai say the rosters between the 3DS and Wii U would be the same - I remember it being a long time ago...maybe even before they discovered they had issues with characters like Ice Climbers on the 3DS?

Really I don't know why he wouldn't just change course and add in a few extra characters on the Wii U, and if he needs to use the excuse that the initial rosters are same but DLC makes difference do that. I was always kind of expecting the Wii U would get extra content through Amiibo (or just through the fact that it isn't a handheld console) anyways...
It was stressed again during E3 by members of the Treehouse IIRC

Edit: Here ya go, right around 1:06 he says it.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
MiiVerse Has been On Topic Since the Leak Came Out....
Listen to the Music while the Image does its job:p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think that'd be a relatively simple solution. Make it a solo Popo on 3DS, with higher powered moves to compensate, and have the traditional duo on the Wii U.

...that's honestly my hope, at the moment, and that solo Popo is a later unlockable...if not, I just hope that while working on the Wii U version they fix the duo for 3DS, and release a free patch for the 3DS when the Wii U releases. Fitting, as they'd kind of be a Christmas gift. :p
I think it's pretty disgraceful that he'd cut such a unique character. They have to be DLC. Wolf is my favorite character, but if there was to be only 1 DLC character, it'd have to be the Ice Climbers.

I have been thinking for a while though that it'd be a good idea to launch the Wii U version with some DLC that'll come later to the 3DS version, to encourage double dipping and make the Wii U version feel fresh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The latest time I can recall was during the Smash Direct, in the "Differences Between Wii U/3DS" section. Sakurai stressed the roster would be identical on both versions, before going into anything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's pretty disgraceful that he'd cut such a unique character. They have to be DLC. Wolf is my favorite character, but if there was to be only 1 DLC character, it'd have to be the Ice Climbers.

I have been thinking for a while though that it'd be a good idea to launch the Wii U version with some DLC that'll come later to the 3DS version, to encourage double dipping and make the Wii U version feel fresh.
That's why I hope he's preserve them in the way I mentioned. He breathed new life into them in Melee, continued it in Brawl, only to take it all away due to a technical issue. It just seems unfair. Honestly, as much as I want Mewtwo and the Chorus Kids, the Ice Climbers are the only omission that would truly sadden me, because this is all they have.

I think the DLC thing you described would be really great. In the mean time, they try to fix the Ice Climbers behind the scenes on the 3DS, release them on-disc for the Wii U, and then everything will be right in the world again. Hopefully.

Raijinken

Smash Master
The latest time I can recall was during the Smash Direct, in the "Differences Between Wii U/3DS" section. Sakurai stressed the roster would be identical on both versions, before going into anything else.
To that extent, I doubt they would have a different implementation of the ICs just due to hardware constraints. Either split 'em and make Nana a clone, or leave 'em out.

I think the DLC thing you described would be really great. In the mean time, they try to fix the Ice Climbers behind the scenes on the 3DS, release them on-disc for the Wii U, and then everything will be right in the world again. Hopefully.
If they're on-disc on the U, it would only be fair for them to be a post-release patch for the 3DS players, not paid DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know if this was discussed since the PotD dropped, but it does look like the omega mode is final destination mode

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't know if this was discussed since the PotD dropped, but it does look like the omega mode is final destination mode
It's probably the only thing people discussed, since we knew about everything in the pictures for a while now, except the Omega symbol.

micstar615

Smash Ace
The CSS still baffles me...even if it's supposed to be in chronological order...why is Shulk after the 3 clones and grouped with the 3rd parties? Chronologically, he comes before all the clones besides Dr.Mario, and he's newer than any of the 3rd parties, yet he's there before them :/ And why are the retro characters so randomly dispersed? Figuring out how it would be with all characters unlocked is like solving a jigsaw puzzle :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom