• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Took you guys really long to figure it out...

But they are having a conference on Friday, so, then is when we all figure out wtf is going on.

Also why would you buy the 3ds verison?
>2014 no gamefly...

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
How? Luma even has a different moveset, how is that simpler?
Nana is like a fifth player on the field when she gets seperated. Pikmin and luma just kind of mosy back to the player.

Luma has a unique moveset, but its still tied to the players commands. It does not act on its own other than to return

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
So people are saying that this is the final roster and other people are saying there are still more characters. I'm assuming MIi Fighters take up a special slot separate from the roster, which makes perfect sense. That being said, if this is the roster then there'd 48 character slots + Random for a total of 49 slots. If it was the final roster, it makes more sense for it to be organized 7x7 instead of how it is. Though I could still live with the roster as it is (though Wolf, Lucas & ICs getting cut is kind of disheartening), it makes mores sense for there to be 5 more characters to fill up the roster. I'm entirely sure who the 5 could be, but it would be amazing if it was Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, Ridley & Marshal/Chorus Men.

Hypothetically, if what the leak showed was the final roster, it would make more sense to be 7x7 and could be organized something like this:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
How? Luma even has a different moveset, how is that simpler?
The pikmin are programmed to return to Olimar and nothing more.
Luma is programmed to stay a set distance from Rosalina and mirror what attack input she does.
Nana is a CPU player that has to do BOTH of those at once without straying too far from whatever move Popo does. Heck, in Melee's debug mode you can even change her AI difficulty level.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think number one will happen, Sakurai has stated twice (and apparently some Treehouse reps stated) that both roster will be the same. I think it's too late to add in an exclusive character. Plus, shouldn't this '3DS problem supporting them' be fixed now? We have Rosalina & Luma and Pikmin & Olimar after all.

Ooh, sounds interesting!
Ice Climbers don't work the same way Olimar and Rosalina do. Imagine trying to cram 4 Ice Climber pairs into one screen, which essentially equates to 8 characters on screen at once. Olimar had to be reduced for balancing, as well as most likely technical issues. Rosalina doesn't work the same way.

I'm not saying add Ice Climbers to the base game. I'm saying to add them to the Wii U version as DLC. The Ice Climbers are a fan favorite character that are already sorely missed, so keeping them out of the series for however long is not good enough. This is a comment you're reading from a guy who doesn't even play as them much. But without them, it really doesn't feel like Smash.

Granted, I'm almost positive they were at least attempted to be added based on the Polar Bear being in the game. That's another reason that (by extension) I believe they will be added to at least the Wii U version as DLC.

I am getting both versions of the game and can't wait to play the 3DS version. But it's fairly obvious to me that the Wii U version will probably become the definitive version. Therefore, rather than not getting them at all, I believe that the Ice Climbers should be added later on to the Wii U version to appease the fans, and to make the series feel whole again.

R0Y

Smash Master
I guess?

Yes, but Xenoblade is also part of the Xeno series, and previous games of the Xeno series were published by different companies.
There'd be a disclaimer in Xenoblade somewhere if Xenogears or Xenosaga mattered at all. Xenosaga in particular doesn't matter because Bandai Namco sold all their shares in Monolith to Nintendo, they're done with Xenosaga, probably as part of the agreement.

Square Enix owns Xenogears, that's it. Legally speaking, Xenoblade may be it's own IP because of it, but is actually part of the Xeno series, yes.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

But they are having a conference on Friday, so, then is when we all figure out wtf is going on.

>2014 no gamefly...
When was this announced? I don't remember anything about this I remember That Nintendo are at Pax and they are showing some new stuff

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Nana is like a fifth player on the field when she gets seperated. Pikmin and luma just kind of mosy back to the player.

Luma has a unique moveset, but its still tied to the players commands. It does not act on its own other than to return
The pikmin are programmed to return to Olimar and nothing more.
Luma is programmed to stay a set distance from Rosalina and mirror what attack input she does.
Nana is a CPU player that has to do BOTH of those at once without straying too far from whatever move Popo does. Heck, in Melee's debug mode you can even change her AI difficulty level.
Oh, ok.
But still, I don't think Ice Climbers should just be WiiU version only. Yes, Sakurai could go back on his word, but this close to finishing development?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The Ice Climber "problems" are equated to one thing (most likely): The RAM of the 3DS is not enough to process the characters. Sure, it may be able to handle one or two IC players at once, but jumping up to four is probably too much. Look at the AT's: They run at a lower resolution to save on processing power.

Luma and Pikmin don't require more RAM, they have simple processing requirements (i.e requires less RAM) whereas IC's require more.

Think of it this way: The IC's are a copy+paste function. A simple function that doesn't require any large amounts of memeory, but the process in order to run the function is more demanding in comparison.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm going to expect that this is the final roster, just so I'm not disappointed if there aren't any other characters.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ice Climbers don't work the same way Olimar and Rosalina do. Imagine trying to cram 4 Ice Climber pairs into one screen, which essentially equates to 8 characters on screen at once. Olimar had to be reduced for balancing, as well as most likely technical issues. Rosalina doesn't work the same way.

I'm not saying add Ice Climbers to the base game. I'm saying to add them to the Wii U version as DLC. The Ice Climbers are a fan favorite character that are already sorely missed, so keeping them out of the series for however long is not good enough. This is a comment you're reading from a guy who doesn't even play as them much. But without them, it really doesn't feel like Smash.

Granted, I'm almost positive they were at least attempted to be added based on the Polar Bear being in the game. That's another reason that (by extension) I believe they will be added to at least the Wii U version as DLC.

I am getting both versions of the game and can't wait to play the 3DS version. But it's fairly obvious to me that the Wii U version will probably become the definitive version. Therefore, rather than not getting them at all, I believe that the Ice Climbers should be added later on to the Wii U version to appease the fans, and to make the series feel whole again.
I think Ice Climbers will be in the base Wii U game. It wouldn't be fair that the much stronger and much more complex console has to get its roster gimped out because the weaker handheld

Why did the Ice Climbers have to go?
I guess they'll be DLC while the Wii U version will have full and FINAL roster

Hero of Nowhere

Smash Rookie

>2014 no gamefly...
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the conference announcement was made on a fake Nintendo twitter account as a joke and is, in fact, not happening.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
The roster is the same in both versions... It was said endlessly

And the solution to the IC problem is simple, make Popo go alone, buff him and Nana will be an alternate costume... Call the character 'Ice Climber' and we're done :grin:

I prefer Wolf and Lucas instead of Impa and Dixie...

Xapples

Smash Rookie
I think the problem with the Ice Climbers on 3DS might be even bigger than we think. Not only might multiple players being Ice Climbers tax the hardware, but there is also the the fact that multiple systems have to communicate and keep track of it all- something that was never a factor locally. Imagine what the complications of a local 3DS 4 player all Ice Climbers battle would be, let alone an online one. I think we all remember how crappy brawl online was in the first place.

Last edited:
:\

Rest in peace guys...you will be missed. Wolf...... :crying:

Characters being cut always sucks...even if I didn't use Ice Climbers that much. It's sad to see them go.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, to all those who will miss Wolf, don't worry.
Maybe he'll be a Fox alt and Fox will have Wolf's specials ad customs. May not be the same, but it might be the closest thing you'll get.
Personally I'm glad of Wolf is not coming back...

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Shulk is with the 3rd parties because he's technically 2nd party.
Monolith is a first party. It and their characters belong to Nintendo. It's not like Pikachu or Kirby, who are actually a co-property along with GameFreak and Creatures (every Pokémon) and along with HAL (every Kirby character).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Maybe he'll be a Fox alt and Fox will have Wolf's specials ad customs. May not be the same, but it might be the closest thing you'll get.
Yeah, or Wolf can just be DLC.

As I've said before, previously playable characters will not be relegated to alternate costumes.

If Dr Mario returns as his own character, then there's no justification for ANY other previously playable character to be relegated to being an alternate costume. Especially when Wolf's normals were completely different to Fox's.

RODO

Smash Ace
Something is kind of odd about this whole leak stuff. Call me crazy but I'm not 100% on it just yet. If anyone is interested in why I think this then feel free to ask. If not then just poke fun at me :p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Something is kind of odd about this whole leak stuff. Call me crazy but I'm not 100% on it just yet. If anyone is interested in why I think this then feel free to ask. If not then just poke fun at me :p
Can I ask you why, but also poke fun at you?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm with you. I don't deny that it's all very compelling, and I don't doubt the footage of Bowser Jr. and Shulk, but there's still something off about it all. It's been too convoluted, too messy, and I think there's still a couple surprises in store.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm pretty sure no one is 100% on it yet. We really can't know until Sakurai does something else important.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm with you. I don't deny that it's all very compelling, and I don't doubt the footage of Bowser Jr. and Shulk, but there's still something off about it all. It's been too convoluted, too messy, and I think there's still a couple surprises in store.
Isn't That a bit ironic since your signature states your not a nay-sayer?:p

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That doesn't make any sense. Wolf is not Fox, and even if he was planned to be an alternate costume then he'd be on the roster.

RODO

Smash Ace
Can I ask you why, but also poke fun at you?
Yes you can lol.
I'll bite.
Well a few things really, I'll just list everything that bothers me.
-Everything leaked is 3DS related which is obviously easier to fake
-Every stage is something we've had in the past. No new stages shown.
-Looking carefully at the battlefield stage in the leak vid next to footage of battlefield from the direct it looks as if the quality of the stage itself is a bit off. Almost like a modded battlefield plastered on the actual background.
-Ganondorf turns his back to the screen even though he doesn't wield a weapon. Still could be possible but characters are usually mirrored this time around.
-Ganondorf also ledge guards Lucina in the video even though she should have trumped him.
-Nintendo can copyright claim ANYTHING that makes use of their characters without permission I'm pretty sure. Just because it was taken down doesn't mean it's automatically real. They could not want people to be misled by a fake leak and take it for the truth because it would still kill hype on smash related announcements in the future.

I understand this would take a great deal of effort but who knows, I'm still going to be a little pessimistic until it's 100% confirmed by the man himself.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Isn't That a bit ironic since your signature states your not a nay-sayer?:p
I'm naysaying? I thought I was just staying objective. I'm not saying it isn't real, I'm simply stating that I think there's something more going to all this. If anything, that's being optimistic, which is also in my signature. I don't really get where you would think I was naysaying... (unless you're deliberately poking fun at me, in which case... :psycho:)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
That doesn't make any sense. Wolf is not Fox, and even if he was planned to be an alternate costume then he'd be on the roster.
Like I said, since it's looking like he won't come, let's hope at least he'll be a Fox alt. and Fox has his specials as customs. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not the same but it'll probably be the closest thing to Wolf.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yes you can lol.

Well a few things really, I'll just list everything that bothers me.
-Everything leaked is 3DS related which is obviously easier to fake
-Every stage is something we've had in the past. No new stages shown.
-Looking carefully at the battlefield stage in the leak vid next to footage of battlefield from the direct it looks as if the quality of the stage itself is a bit off. Almost like a modded battlefield plastered on the actual background.
-Ganondorf turns his back to the screen even though he doesn't wield a weapon. Still could be possible but characters are usually mirrored this time around.
-Ganondorf also ledge guards Lucina in the video even though she should have trumped him.
-Nintendo can copyright claim ANYTHING that makes use of their characters without permission I'm pretty sure. Just because it was taken down doesn't mean it's automatically real. They could not want people to be misled by a fake leak and take it for the truth because it would still kill hype on smash related announcements in the future.

I understand this would take a great deal of effort but who knows, I'm still going to be a little pessimistic until it's 100% confirmed by the man himself.
Great points! I'm also kinda cautious about the leak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom