• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Also, to all those who will miss Wolf, don't worry.
Maybe he'll be a Fox alt and Fox will have Wolf's specials ad customs. May not be the same, but it might be the closest thing you'll get.
Personally I'm glad of Wolf is not coming back...
This would literally be the worst possible outcome. =/

And you're a meanie pants. =p

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So all 7 koopalings are on the roster? Oh boy.
So, if we lump them all as "playable characters", doesn't that mean the Mario universe has 20 playable characters? Mario, Luigi, DK, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Daisy (probably Peach's palette swap), Rosalina & Luma (counted as 2 characters), Bowser - should we count Giga Bowser? -, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Wario, Larry, Morton, Wendy O., Iggy, Roy, Lemmy, and Ludwig von Koopa.

Let's not get started on the different Yoshi and Luma colors.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I think cuts should definitely be considered for DLC. I have no problem with the Ice Climbers being exclusive to Wii U. I know people will disagree with me on that, but if it comes down to:

1) Ice Climbers are in one version (Wii U)
or
2) Ice Climbers are in neither version

I would take choice number one. While they could trim it down to just one of them, it would defeat the uniqueness of the character and essentially why Sakurai added them in the first place. Instead of ruining that part, they could just be transferred to the Wii U.
Alternately, make the characters Nana and Popo as two characters, one a clone of the other. Give them standalone movesets that don't rely on having both climbers to be useful, and suddenly the roster has also increased by one and not been cut.

Just an idea. Keeps them represented and playable and removes the assumed issues with making Nana mimic Popo on the 3DS.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Alternately, make the characters Nana and Popo as two characters, one a clone of the other. Give them standalone movesets that don't rely on having both climbers to be useful, and suddenly the roster has also increased by one and not been cut.

Just an idea. Keeps them represented and playable and removes the assumed issues with making Nana mimic Popo on the 3DS.
And then we can all talk about the big Ice Climber Divorce scandal.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
First time on this thread for around 22 hours or so. Somewhere between page 130 - 140...
Has anything majorly important happened since then? Sorry for asking but I'm not a fan of reading through 40 pages or so.

Saw claims of the leaker being found and sued by Nintendo though on Twitter. :p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd hate to have Nana and Popo split up on the Wii U version. The 3DS version, fine. But the charm of the characters for me is that they're a duo.

Tectrix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tectrix
I don't know why everyone thinks its a lock that wolf is cut. He was the last character to unlock in brawl, I wouldn't say it was out of the question that he'd be in the final five.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Yes you can lol.

Well a few things really, I'll just list everything that bothers me.
-Everything leaked is 3DS related which is obviously easier to fake
-Every stage is something we've had in the past. No new stages shown.
-Looking carefully at the battlefield stage in the leak vid next to footage of battlefield from the direct it looks as if the quality of the stage itself is a bit off. Almost like a modded battlefield plastered on the actual background.
-Ganondorf turns his back to the screen even though he doesn't wield a weapon. Still could be possible but characters are usually mirrored this time around.
-Ganondorf also ledge guards Lucina in the video even though she should have trumped him.
-Nintendo can copyright claim ANYTHING that makes use of their characters without permission I'm pretty sure. Just because it was taken down doesn't mean it's automatically real. They could not want people to be misled by a fake leak and take it for the truth because it would still kill hype on smash related announcements in the future.

I understand this would take a great deal of effort but who knows, I'm still going to be a little pessimistic until it's 100% confirmed by the man himself.
You really raised great points. I also think that the Shulk/Lucina gameplay seems very sloppy.

But at the same time, we have the Bowser Jr. gameplay videos. Those were the ones that sold me out. They where well done, they had the flying smoke that is thicker than the brawl, the Bowser 2.0 that stands upright, and the voicy Kirby.

In my thoughts, not matter how many right points a leak can have, it is just needed one wrong to make it all go down. But since all this come from the same source, and, for me, those Bowser Jr. gameplays are undeniable, I already sold myself out.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Nana On 3DS While Popo On Wii U is a stupid idea but I could see it happening but its highly unlikely

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, what's your order of most to least missed cuts?

Miss:

:snake: - I loved this guy :(. But understandable. Ugh....SUCH a fun moveset!
:lucas: - I like every single thing about him more than Ness. Gameplay, appearance, etc. Again though, makes sense. If only Lucas was in the O12 and not Ness.

Meh:

:wolf: - I preferred his playstyle to Falco's at least...eh. I'll really only miss the howl.
:popo:: So low? Yep. They were neat, but their grabs were ridiculously broken, and probably impossible to fix. I'll miss not being able to use two items at once. That's it.

Don't care:

:002:: Good.
:007:: Riddance.

I would take Snake and Lucas over Doc and especially Dark Pit though. Doc at least gets his tornado...so he'll be a better Mario.

Khao

Smash Lord
I honestly have a hard time believing that they cut the Ice Climbers because the 3DS "can't handle them" when we're getting a game with 4-player matches, with items exploding and assists/Pokémon running around, all being rendered in 3D mode, at a stable 60fps.

Four Ice Climbers is an extreme that not many people would ever even try at all, would a slight FPS drop in such a rare situation (because I doubt it'd be anything major when the game normally works so flawlessly) really be a reason to cut a fan-favorite character?

I can see them having some sort of technical issues, but I doubt "3DS is not strong enough" is the reason at all, the 3DS already proved itself to be very capable, if a Gamecube can do it easily, then this thing will be able too.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
According to some people, the videos are just Brawl mods and Bowser Jr. is just a Diddy Kong reskin.
Really? :glare:
Tell them this
1. Shadows are circles when shadows in Brawls are not circles.
2. When Bowser Jr hits the screen, he lingers. People have tried to do this before in Brawl but no one has succeeded.

People nitpick at the fake stuff, but when it's real they can't analyze for their lives. I picked this up the first time I saw the videos.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Miss:

:lucas: - I like every single thing about him more than Ness. Gameplay, appearance, etc. Again though, makes sense. If only Lucas was in the O12 and not Ness.

Meh:

:wolf: - I preferred his playstyle to Falco's at least...eh. I'll really only miss the howl.
:popo:: So low? Yep. They were neat, but their grabs were ridiculously broken, and probably impossible to fix. I'll miss not being able to use two items at once. That's it.

Don't care:

I would take Snake and Lucas over Doc and especially Dark Pit though. Doc at least gets his tornado...so he'll be a better Mario.
Miss:
:popo:: Must I explain? :(

Meh:
:ivysaur:: He was cool, but I'm not upset of his cut.
:squirtle:: Same thing, he was cool, but I'm not upset of his cut.

Don't care:
:snake:: Good riddance, you rejected COD soldier :laugh: ! His moveset was ok, but I don't like his game and his inclusion wasn't very 'worthy' since he didn't have much history with Nintendo. Or at that matter, video games. :p
:wolf:: Didn't find him much different from Fox, yes he has different attacks, but I usually use mainly specials for some characters.
:lucas:: Pretty much the same thing as Wolf.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Miss:

Meh:

Don't care:

How could you be so cruel

Ivysaur was the best.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is a weird theory, but perhaps it might be plausible. It was said that the roster was made-up early in development. While the roster is finalized, what if the characters weren't? The ESRB and other staff would know the roster so they can give appropriate ratings, but can't play as them. Potentially, they would get the ability to see their trophies, models, and the digital posters of the characters. So, ESRB, PEGI, etc. can still look at character Z and say, "Oh, looks fine to us. No suggestive themes, partial nudity, etc."

Someone also said that Shulk looked a little sloppy during fights - I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I seen some gameplay and I think Shulk wouldn't be a sloppy swordsman. Perhaps he's unfinished, but is developed enough they can show him off to the testers and raters. Kind of like how Link's stance changed from Brawl to the new SSB4 one and how Marth is getting tweaked since the recent demos were E3 builds.

What if Wolf and the Ice Climbers are in an unfinished state and can't be shown off now to the testers, but can be in the future?

Generally, most games when shown to testers, reviewers, and raters would be very close to finished or finished, but with some polishing left to do. Super Smash Bros., however, is a fighting game like all other competitive games need to be balanced and polished enough that little can break them. As an ongoing process of Q&A, bug finding, and tweaking, it might be possible that the build leaked is unfinished. Also, knowing Sakurai, he'd probably do as much as possible to make it perfect even if he gets hurt. Maybe a 90% complete build or even 75% one if it's really that bad and was the cause for the release date change.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
How could you be so cruel

Ivysaur was the best.
Better than Squirtle at least. Although I prefer Bulbasaur. I only really wanted him gone to make room for Mewtwo, buuuuut since Mewtwo is still up in the air, idk. All in all I wasn't too impressed with his inclusion, sorry lol.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Man I am gonna miss the hell out of wolf icies and snake. Hopefully we can get dlc packs. The vet pack, villain pack, and swordsman pack containing wolf, snake, and icies; k rool (if he isn't in), Ganon, and Ridley (if he isn't in); then Isaac, chrom, and Roy.

Last edited:

Tectrix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tectrix

Miss:

Meh:

Don't care:

Miss:
:snake: - I never played him, but a lot of my friends did, and I think he brought a lot to the game.

Meh:
:wolf: - I played him a fair bit, and it's a shame to see him go, but 2 Fox clones were not needed. I hope Falco maybe gets some of his more unique moves.
:popo: - I recognize their uniqueness and think it's sad for them to have to go, but I always found them annoying to fight.
:lucas: - Always kind of expected him to go, and I always thought he was worse than Ness. Wouldn't have minded if he stayed though, and loved his P:M version.

Don't Care:
:ivysaur::squirtle: - I'd probably be more confused if they did come back.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, there is something else odd I find about this leak. Look at this picture:

It's hovering over spectate, but the bottom screen is talking about sharing stuff like smash pictures.
Also this:

How come it has a spectator mode '?' block when it's hovering over world stats? Also, why would it have two 'spectate' selection pictures between the two screens?
Am I just overthinking this? :p

Man I am gonna miss the hell out of wolf icies and snake. Hopefully we can get dlc packs. The vet pack, villain pack, and swordsman pack containing wolf, snake, and icies; k rool (if he isn't in), Ganon, and Ridley (if he isn't in); then Isaac, chrom, and Roy.
Chrom is confirmed as Robin's Final Smash though.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Miss:
:snake: - Love MGS and Snake. Didn't play him much in Brawl, but understand why he's gone.

Meh:
:wolf: - Even though I mained him in Brawl, I'm not too broken up about it.

Don't Care:
:popo: - Never cared for them at all.
:lucas: - One of my mains at Brawl launch, but really don't see the need for two Mother reps. Plus this game wasn't even released in the US.
:ivysaur::squirtle: - There are better pokemon reps. See: Greninja

Une

Smash Apprentice
This is a weird theory, but perhaps it might be plausible. It was said that the roster was made-up early in development. While the roster is finalized, what if the characters weren't? The ESRB and other staff would know the roster so they can give appropriate ratings, but can't play as them. Potentially, they would get the ability to see their trophies, models, and the digital posters of the characters. So, ESRB, PEGI, etc. can still look at character Z and say, "Oh, looks fine to us. No suggestive themes, partial nudity, etc."

Someone also said that Shulk looked a little sloppy during fights - I never played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I seen some gameplay and I think Shulk wouldn't be a sloppy swordsman. Perhaps he's unfinished, but is developed enough they can show him off to the testers and raters. Kind of like how Link's stance changed from Brawl to the new SSB4 one and how Marth is getting tweaked since the recent demos were E3 builds.

What if Wolf and the Ice Climbers are in an unfinished state and can't be shown off now to the testers, but can be in the future?

Generally, most games when shown to testers, reviewers, and raters would be very close to finished or finished, but with some polishing left to do. Super Smash Bros., however, is a fighting game like all other competitive games need to be balanced and polished enough that little can break them. As an ongoing process of Q&A, bug finding, and tweaking, it might be possible that the build leaked is unfinished. Also, knowing Sakurai, he'd probably do as much as possible to make it perfect even if he gets hurt. Maybe a 90% complete build or even 75% one if it's really that bad and was the cause for the release date change.
As someone who has played Xenoblade I can tell you that Shulk definitely looks the way he should. Sloppy is even the word I would use to describe his style.

Also, I seriously cannot believe people are still in denial. Oh wait, I can. I remember what happened with Pokemans X and Y.

"Waaahhhhh Greninja is fake becuz it looks sloppy and unprofessional! It's too blue! It's too triangular! Where's the foam beard? Wyhy are there so few new guys? That doesn't even make any sense!"

"Waaahhhhh these grey lines on the CSS look wrong! Where's Wario's eye? You can't be 100% sure of anything! Looks like a Bawrl mod! Can't be real unless my waifu Ridley is confirmed! Because a fighting game's roster totally can't be legit unless my personal favorite characters are in it!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom