• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
This is most likely my last post for a while, but there being no time display thing happens in Kid Icarus when playing Solo or Multiplayer . Time only appears when on a menu. During these modes time is removed and the battery level is moved to the top screen. I don't know if it really matters. Just giving my stance on this.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I've been following this a lot and not seen anyone mentioned this, so hopefully this isn't a common thing, but does anyone find it odd that the 3DS CSS would feature every character all on screen at once? My theory for a while was that the roster would scroll to account for all the characters, and this screen really shows why. The shot is already inflated, and especially if you have a normal 3DS, the icons would be so tiny that you'd probably have a difficult time just choosing the character you actually want. Seriously, if you have a 3DS, compare your screen to the leak and imagine it all being downsized to fit on your screen. If you don't have one, imagine the leak CSS being shrunk in half. That's pretty close to what it will look like.

This obviously doesn't prove it wrong entirely, but it's another inconsistency to throw into the pile of "Would they really do something like this?"
For reference, I went and re-sized the image to the approximate size it would be on a standard, non-XL 3DS.

That's basically what you'll see if you're playing on a normal 3DS. Take it as you will.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
The bar isn't in the Nintendo Dream screenshot of the in-match bottom screen either, now that I look at it, despite being in screenshots of other modes in the magazine. I guess it's not really a point against the leak then, but it seems weird that that bar wouldn't be in matches.
Daaaaaamn. Yup, I guess this could be another example of a similar screen event happening. This looked like a good point against the leak but now it may end up going another one of the subtle correct details.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The Nintendo Dream's screenshot is the same as the POTD featuring the bottom screen's character portraits. It could go either way as there's no way for us to confirm whether or not the bar was removed in-game or just cropped out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter due to the image's priority being showing off the character portraits.

I'm getting stupidly stressed over this leak. Gotta stop. :p

Une

Smash Apprentice
This sort of thing happened to the Gematsu Leak and we all saw how long that went on for. Short of a veteran/newcomer reveal within the next few weeks, I think this one will have legs up until we start getting legitimate leaks out of Japan.
Gematsu didn't have any images. Big difference.

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
I've been following this a lot and not seen anyone mentioned this, so hopefully this isn't a common thing, but does anyone find it odd that the 3DS CSS would feature every character all on screen at once? My theory for a while was that the roster would scroll to account for all the characters, and this screen really shows why. The shot is already inflated, and especially if you have a normal 3DS, the icons would be so tiny that you'd probably have a difficult time just choosing the character you actually want. Seriously, if you have a 3DS, compare your screen to the leak and imagine it all being downsized to fit on your screen. If you don't have one, imagine the leak CSS being shrunk in half. That's pretty close to what it will look like.

This obviously doesn't prove it wrong entirely, but it's another inconsistency to throw into the pile of "Would they really do something like this?"
There's a whole pile of questionable design decisions here if this is all true.

-They removed the names of the characters on their CSS boxes. True, there'd be very little room to write them if all the boxes were on one screen, but...
-The characters are all selectable on a single screen. Seriously? Even without the names, each character only has a 2,000 pixel square for art, which is ridiculous. the team has been shown to make intelligent decisions before regarding this with the three stage menus in Brawl.
-The stages aren't separated. Whoever made this design decision is quite a fool. Sakurai, if I remember correctly, said something about stages from previous games being called "Familiar Stages." Given a separate name like this, you'd think they'd receive their own menu, or at least a separate section.

The list goes on, but if this leak turns out to be true, the UI designer ought of be fired.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet

-They removed the names of the characters on their CSS boxes. True, there'd be very little room to write them if all the boxes were on one screen, but...
-The characters are all selectable on a single screen. Seriously? Even without the names, each character only has a 2,000 pixel square for art, which is ridiculous. the team has been shown to make intelligent decisions before regarding this with the three stage menus in Brawl.
-The stages aren't separated. Whoever made this design decision is quite a fool. Sakurai, if I remember correctly, said something about stages from previous games being called "Familiar Stages." Given a separate name like this, you'd think they'd receive their own menu, or at least a separate section.

The list goes on, but if this leak turns out to be true, the UI designer ought of be fired.
Could be all the stages are yet to be unlocked and will be moved to a new page later.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107

Smash never had good UI to begin with tbh (especially wifth the 3ds version)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Because they're not just extras like they were in Brawl. Franchises like DKC, Metroid, and Star Fox didn't get a new stage on the 3DS version. The "Familiar Stage" is their only stage.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I thought she designed the art and assets for the UI, but other people placed them. I don't know why I was under that impression.
That could be that case for all we know, but ssssshhhhhit'swayfunnierthisway

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
DKC, Metroid, and Star Fox not getting any new stage in a new installment of smash sounds like total BS.
DKC hasn't had any confirmed yet but Metroid is getting pyrosphere and Star fox is seemingly getting another stage atop the great fox in the Wii U version.

(honestly i kind of expected the 3ds version to either re use a lot of stages or have a lacking stage list, due to being portable)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
DKC, Metroid, and Star Fox not getting any new stage in a new installment of smash sounds like total BS.
Well we already Know the Wii U version has a Metroid and Star Fox stage... But yeah, it is rather irksome.

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
Because they're not just extras like they were in Brawl. Franchises like DKC, Metroid, and Star Fox didn't get a new stage on the 3DS version. The "Familiar Stage" is their only stage.
Within the context of the leak, yes. Has it been officially confirmed that these series wouldn't be getting new stage representation, though?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, if the leak is true, they don't get any new reps either, hell Star Fox actually LOSES one. Meanwhile, in Kid Icarus land...

Gef

Smash Cadet
Is the leak really real? Wario is missing a pupil, am I the only one seeing that? How could that be messed up? I don't know what to believe any more. I was so confident the leak was fake but everyone else seems so sure it's real. I don't know what to think.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Is the leak really real? Wario is missing a pupil, am I the only one seeing that? How could that be messed up? I don't know what to believe any more. I was so confident the leak was fake but everyone else seems so sure it's real. I don't know what to think.
He's not missing a pupil, it's down near his nose.

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
I am currently awaiting the PotD. Just for review, what we should look for in regards to the leak is:

-Stage confirmations
-A picture of the stage select screen
-A picture of the character select screen
-A veteran reveal
-A picture of human players having levels

I know these are all unlikely, but am I missing anything that could help or harm the leak?

Last edited:

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
I am currently awaiting the PotD. Just for review, what we should look for in regards to the leak is:

-Stage confirmations
-A picture of the stage select screen
-A picture of the character select screen
-A veteran reveal
-A picture of human players having levels

I know these are all unlikely, bu am I missing anything that could help or harm the leak?
Seems unlikely, but an actual comment from Sakurai could happen too.

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
no one have considered the possibility o getting popo as a veteran and nana as an alt costume?

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if already posted here, but found on reddit :

Somebody pointed out this mistake but it turns out the leak is actually right , again like the black bar thing this leak is very detailed.

EDIT : Realised the first mistake is already stupid since he's comparing the CSS and a battle. Nvm then.

Last edited:

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Within the context of the leak, yes. Has it been officially confirmed that these series wouldn't be getting new stage representation, though?
The comment I was responding to was in the context of the leak to begin with. :facepalm:

Well, if the leak's true and the Stage Select features all stages, that's the going to be the case.

Notice that Jungle Japes is the only DK stage, Corneria is the only Star Fox stage, and Brinstar is the only Metroid stage.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
help
- character reveal with same artwork as leak's CSS
- new stage reveal resembling leak's SSS
- menu's similar to leak's

neutral
- character reveal that not on the leak's CSS
- stage reveal that's not on the leak's SSS

hurt
- character reveal with different artwork than the leak has
- menu's that differs from the leak

There's not really much that can hurt this leak tbh. I wonder if Sakurai is willing to acknowledge the fact this leak is out through a PotD, I doubt he will.

Last edited:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I don't know the answer to this question, so forgive me if it's common knowledge: Did Sakurai ever say one way or the other if the 3DS had the same NUMBER of levels as the Wii U version? If not, then there's still hope for there being more levels in the Wii U version, which might open up the possibility of new levels for some of the characters. It's always possible that the 3DS just can't handle some of the levels from the Wii U version and that the Wii U will feature a much more robust selection than what's shown in these screens.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
no one have considered the possibility o getting popo as a veteran and nana as an alt costume?
Almost positive it's been considered many times. I've considered it. In fact, I've been hoping for it for months in case the character honestly was a problem for the 3DS, because the idea of cutting a character to make the rosters the same is stupid. That's why the pic in my sig is only of Popo's face, instead of squeezing them both in.

Besides, they are called "Ice Climber", not plural, in Japan. So it'd still work.

People have considered that a lot. It's considered unlikely, because it would completely kill the point of the Ice Climbers.
That really didn't seem to stop Sheik or Charizard, did it?

Yeah, I would rather no Ice Climbers than only one if them.
I would honestly have 1 than none. It'd just be a new-old character, like Pit.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nah, he's just someone throwing out guesses. He's claiming he knows exactly how Sakurai will handle Ridley, I doubt anyone knows enough details about the game to claim K. Rool is only a trophy, and once again the question is begged why ICs isn't on this roster when they've always been a starting character of high priority, even if they'll come as a single unit this time I can't imagine otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom