• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
You know...sometimes I feel like a lot of people here are giving MasterLink a harder time then he needs to have with all of this.
Seriously, give the guy a break.
Here you go MasterLink

Have a Kit Kat

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
You know...sometimes I feel like a lot of people here are giving MasterLink a harder time then he needs to have with all of this.
Seriously, give the guy a break.
Considering he's one of the people involved with this whole hoopla and that he has caused a lot of confusion, it's no surprise that everyone's a bit inquisitive towards him.
missed a day, anything new?
Read my post above for an overview. It's not extremely detailed, but it should catch you up sufficiently.

Last edited:

OMN15145H

Smash Cadet
missed a day, anything new?
A GameFAQs poster by the name of "NessInEagleland" posted a screencap earlier today of All-Star Mode being selected on the menu with a small lock next to it, possibly proving that the leak didn't show every character on the CSS (every character needs to be unlocked to play all-star). Also, a reverse Google search was made that shows a 4chan thread from 7 days ago with the Duck Hunt render as its thumbnail. However, this may be due to one of the users having it as their profile pic. Aside from that, nothing else major. However, we did get an image of what appears to be a Multi-Man Melee symbol, but nobody knows what to make of that yet.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Pretty legit find. Though I still think it's real, but I would be so happy if it turns out to be fake.
I basically feel the same way. I tbh am 50/50. I love watching the community acting like de-evolved apes trying to figure out if this is fake... To the crazy point of looking at Ness's stripes and Duck head lengths... God damn this community will never change.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Altercations in the user interface should be expected in the final product.

I think we're passed the point of debunking these photographs. It's been days. At this point we wait and see, and if it comes to pass that these are fake (which I doubt) we will only have to recognize the talent behind the artist.
He pointed that that the UI was the same just like 10 days ago on PotDs. I'm incline to agree it isn't a great argument in this instance.

D

Deleted member

Pretty big find

I think we're passed the point of debunking these photographs. It's been days. At this point we wait and see, and if it comes to pass that these are fake (which I doubt) we will only have to recognize the talent behind the artist.
It's understandable for stuff to be added to UI, but this is showing a pretty big piece of the UI being removed, from a video sent to ESRB,

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
It might just be a solo mode, thus explaining the no CPU (instead P2, P3, P4, since there cannot be other human... there must be some kind of logic there right ? right... ?) and the absence of the menu indicating if the 3DS is "communicating" (via wi-fi I guess) or not.

Last edited:

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
For reasons as Backgammon said, very risky, and this is usually why these leaks start on 4chan and other anonymous image boards, very hard to be tracked there, moreso, when people fake leaks, like a lot of text leaks, they start on Gamespot (or other public gaming fourms) because generally they either aren't true
The X/Y leaker posted the pictures on 4chan and still got caught.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
He pointed that that the UI was the same just like 10 days ago on PotDs. I'm incline to agree it isn't a great argument in this instance.
Well I'll be damned, you're right. The very most recent PotD, in fact, has the timer in the bottom left.

However, with dev kits, this special presentation for ESRB, different pages being viewed, blah blah blah... it's such a minuscule thing we can't use to write the whole thing off entirely. Skepticism is still the healthy path, but there's no smoking gun here.

edit: This is from Friday

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Normally I'd agree, but the issue is that such a thing is extremely useful no matter the mode you're in, so I don't see why they'd take it out. So it's a good find, definitely, but still can be explained away that maybe it's adjustable and turned off in the settings, and since time/battery life/wi-fi signal is irrelevant for the fellas over at the "ESRB" that it was turned off by default for the videos.

So, I guess we're back to square one.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
Possible, but there are all sorts of reasons for the bar to not be there, such as it being optional. We really can't say yet.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Reminder that there are many game modes that we've seen in the Nintendo Direct that weren't explained yet by Sakurai. This definitely goes against the leak, but is not enough I guess.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
That hardly debunks it. To me it just feels like more "evidence" that could hurt the leak but we still can't know for complete certain.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
On this pic of the day , we can see that the bar isn't there. I don't think that WE can toggle it on/off, but Nintendo definitely can. Maybe it was easier for them to do it this way, I don't know. It's weird.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Um, I believe Sakurai simply cut it off for the PotD alone.
Then there's no reason they can't do that when filming footage for a video reel. The Melee debug menu the developers used had many commands allowing you to turn off UI elements with the right button combination so they could do it again here.

Servine

Smash Cadet
What makes this leak so different from leaks in the past is that there's so many things going for it, yet there's quite a few glaring inconsistencies.
It's like no-one can tell if it's real or fake, unlike most leaks in the past which are either debunked quickly, real, or real until disproven by an official source (like Gematsu).
So, at this point, I'm completely on the fence. A newcomer I really want (Bandana Dee) isn't in the leak, supposedly, so I'm naturally biased towards it being fake, but the roster itself isn't that bad.
Plus, weighing the aspects of the leak that are eerily accurate and glaringly inaccurate is very difficult, so ultimately, we really do have to wait for an official source to give us the ultimate truth.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
What makes this leak so different from leaks in the past is that there's so many things going for it, yet there's quite a few glaring inconsistencies.
It's like no-one can tell if it's real or fake, unlike most leaks in the past which are either debunked quickly, real, or real until disproven by an official source (like Gematsu).
So, at this point, I'm completely on the fence. A newcomer I really want (Bandana Dee) isn't in the leak, supposedly, so I'm naturally biased towards it being fake, but the roster itself isn't that bad.
Plus, weighing the aspects of the leak that are eerily accurate and glaringly inaccurate is very difficult, so ultimately, we really do have to wait for an official source to give us the ultimate truth.
Exactly. Half of the stuff I'm seeing is so...oddly realistic yet the other half is just headscratchingly sketchy!

It could just be a fake collaboration created and based on the NInka leak. It could be real since it was made sooooo quickly after that. The backstory behind it sounds so fake but the art I'm looking at looks so real. Still can't choose a side.

Leaning towards real... like 75% real 25% sure its fake soley based on the fact that this leak is so...down to earth... so simple... so slightly dissapointing but also alright in many respects that it just doesn't seem fan made. A fan would usually put some fan favorite characters in these like Issac, K.Rool... Klonoa and etc. But this is just so... ya know... not everything we've dreamed of that it feels realistic and believable, but we'll know the truth soon enough. Yet the backstory about ESRB wanting to leak it and all of their policies and even the fact that it's just a CSS which is the easiest thing to fake makes me doubt it somewhat. It'd be one hell of a fake though. One of the greatest of all time.

Last edited:

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
I am going to say that the bottom bar cannot be removed by the player. It's just some useful information, regardless of what mode you're playing. What would be the point of removing it? It frees up very little space that can't be used for anything else without giving a disadvantage to players who keep it on.

The reason the find doesn't disprove the leak is because this is a video presentation given to the ESRB. The counter to this is that Nintendo isn't giving wholly accurate information to the ESRB, and there's still really no reason to remove it.
This is some hard evidence against the leak, despite what I thought initially.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
I don't think Sakurai would just remove that bar at the bottom screen for no reason. The only times I think the bar wouldn't appear if both screens blackout and then reappear again.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I've been following this a lot and not seen anyone mentioned this, so hopefully this isn't a common thing, but does anyone find it odd that the 3DS CSS would feature every character all on screen at once? My theory for a while was that the roster would scroll to account for all the characters, and this screen really shows why. The shot is already inflated, and especially if you have a normal 3DS, the icons would be so tiny that you'd probably have a difficult time just choosing the character you actually want. Seriously, if you have a 3DS, compare your screen to the leak and imagine it all being downsized to fit on your screen. If you don't have one, imagine the leak CSS being shrunk in half. That's pretty close to what it will look like.

This obviously doesn't prove it wrong entirely, but it's another inconsistency to throw into the pile of "Would they really do something like this?"

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Disproving the leak would be nigh-on impossible at this point because anything in it that seems inconsistent can be countered with "they've shown that they're careful so why would they miss that?" -- to the point of some people using the leak's inconsistencies to actually further their belief in its credibility.
Still at about 50/50. Nothing either way is conclusive but there's quite a lot going for both sides. :ohwell:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
This sort of thing happened to the Gematsu Leak and we all saw how long that went on for. Short of a veteran/newcomer reveal within the next few weeks, I think this one will have legs up until we start getting legitimate leaks out of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom