• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactician

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkBlade126
3DS FC
0748-1784-0273
I'm just looking forward to the next character reveal. Newcomer or veteran, either way we'll get the icon for them and be able to tell if it matches the leaked CSS. With only a few weeks left till release, I'm thinking we should be getting another reveal soon. Then we'll know for sure.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Speaking of leaks, I think it's time I blow all of your minds because after slaving myself, I did it. I found the Smash 4 leak that is most definitely real. Please... take a look. But be wary, spoilers ahead.
I see you had a bit of help there. That's okay. You're still a hero to me.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Hey Joalro here

I've been gone the last couple of days, so you might have noticed the second post has not been updated. I can see I've missed a few things in my absence such as a small "lock" picture. If someone could give me a detailed report of the last couple days, I can add it to the first post for everyone's future reference.

Thank you.

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
If MasterLinkX's hint about All-Star Mode is to be trusted, I think it will work something like this:

-Characters will be fought in chronological order by year of introduction.
-If multiple characters were introduced in the same year, you will have a choice of which one to fight.
-Assist trophies will be plentiful in each stage, but will only summon characters from the same series as the character you are currently fighting.

This allows for you to at least have the option to fight every character without being overwhelmed by the huge roster. However, this system would not allow you to fight multiple characters at once, so the rules might vary somehow.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
To people expecting light over the leak in this Monday's PoTD. Expect something that won't help at all like "Sakurai here, look at Mario's moustache ppl. LOOK AT IT!".
Or even worse, something that raises even more questions.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
So I've been gone for more than 24 hours now and I'm not going to read all 30+ pages that have come into existence since then all the way through, yikes this thread is moving fast. So apologies if I bring up something that we have already drawn a conclusion about. Just let me know, but I think I've got the gist of it.

Anyway, seeing that lock picture is interesting. We are assuming this video is from an ESRB video package right now, so my questions really tend to be suspicions about that.

Why would Nintendo need or want to include an image of the locked All-Star mode in their video?
If it's real, does it mean the roster in the CSS isn't complete, or just the video clips come from different builds and have no direct correlation to one another?
If the roster on the CSS screen isn't complete, why not? I don't see why Nintendo would have any reason to include a video or image of an incomplete CSS screen. If they're going to show the CSS screen at all, why not show it complete just to have all the information out there?
If the roster isn't complete, what does that mean for this leak in regards to the other leaks it seems to align with? Some claim more characters than what we've seen. What does it mean for the fact that the CSS screen looks "incomplete," in terms of design based on Smash series pattern?
Would Nintendo really give the first player the name ESRB0083 in the video? Would the leaker really show that part of the screen in the pictures he/she takes?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
To people expecting light over the leak in this Monday's PoTD. Expect something that won't help at all like "Sakurai here, look at Mario's moustache ppl. LOOK AT IT!".
Nah, most PotDs in the past couple weeks weren't dumb fillers.

Obviously the PotD will not disconfirm the leak because it is real, but I doubt it will be a filler either.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Congratulations, you just reminded me of Battleblock Theater's narrator. Oh, the wonderful horrible entertainment that would happen if that guy was the announcer...

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
The most interesting data about the newcomers that I've seen so far in the last couple days is that there's supposedly a summary of Bowser Jr. and Shulk's movesets floating around:

Shulk
Up-smash: Plants Monado on the ground and turns it on.

Side-smash: A stab.

Down-smash: A clockwise spin close to the ground.

Up-tilt: Upwards swing like Lucina's.

Down-air: Like Link's.

Up-B: Like Marth's.

Down-B: Counter-like.

Neutral-B: Changes between those kanjis from Xenoblade. Red puts glow on Shulk's hand, Blue on his feet.

Bowser Jr.
Rides the Clown Copter, a little bit like Mordok from MvsC3, although he still grabs onto the ledge. Face on the copter frowns when hit. Has:

-Cannon Ball.

-Extendable boxing gloves.

-Licks his enemies.

-Drops mini toy bowsers.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6aqa/shulks_moveset/
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6css/bowser_jrs_moveset/

Nothing else that's come out recently has really peaked my interest.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I know the Ness design inconsistency has already been discussed, but does anybody else find it weird how Bowser Jr's skin and hair color don't match Bowser's? Like... I'm aware that each character has a different design specifically for Smash, but it's a bit jarring. They're supposed to be father and son, after all.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The most interesting data about the newcomers that I've seen so far in the last couple days is that there's supposedly a summary of Bowser Jr. and Shulk's movesets floating around:

Shulk
Up-smash: Plants Monado on the ground and turns it on.

Side-smash: A stab.

Down-smash: A clockwise spin close to the ground.

Up-tilt: Upwards swing like Lucina's.

Down-air: Like Link's.

Up-B: Like Marth's.

Down-B: Counter-like.

Neutral-B: Changes between those kanjis from Xenoblade. Red puts glow on Shulk's hand, Blue on his feet.

Bowser Jr.
Rides the Clown Copter, a little bit like Mordok from MvsC3, although he still grabs onto the ledge. Face on the copter frowns when hit. Has:

-Cannon Ball.

-Extendable boxing gloves.

-Licks his enemies.

-Drops mini toy bowsers.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6aqa/shulks_moveset/
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6css/bowser_jrs_moveset/

Nothing else that's come out recently has really peaked my interest.
Do we have any reason to take these seriously?

Jakester897

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jakester897
3DS FC
0645-6281-7625
@ Joalro Joalro Actually, a surprising amount happened.

-Yesterday, I expressed concern about the Duck Hunt dog high-quality render (the non-leak one). I did a reverse image search of it, and I found the Google lists an instance from seven days ago. Further research was impossible, though.
-Someone brought up how, in all sightings of the SSS so far, the gray bar on the top of the bottom screen was actually there, but it showed none of the words and buttons shown in the leak.
-A known GameFAQs troll named NessInEagleland posted some information that he apparently got from an inside source. After first declaring the leak real, he posted a small icon that was supposedly the icon for Multi-Man Smash. Then, he posted an icon of a lock that appears on the menu selection for All-Star mode while it is locked. He called MasterLinkX a liar for spreading misinformation, but afterwards, they made up and began to vouch for each other. @Das Koopa has posted a bunch of screenshots of this, so you should look through his posts if you can.
-

I think that's everything.

Do we have any reason to take these seriously?
No. From what I understand, they originated from YouTube comments.

Last edited:

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
So I didn't read the entire 111 pages of this thing, but I noticed something interesting. Maybe you guys have noticed, maybe you haven't.

The ESRB name is ESRB0083, which looks like a whole lot like ESRBOOBS. One of my friends pointed this out to me, and I'm not sure about you guys, but this seems slightly suspicious to me.

That is all

Last edited:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
pretty sure bowser jr. has always had lighter colors, especially the green

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
@ Joalro Joalro Actually, a surprising amount happened.

-Yesterday, I expressed concern about the Duck Hunt dog high-quality render (the non-leak one). I did a reverse image search of it, and I found the Google lists an instance from seven days ago. Further research was impossible, though.
-Someone brought up how, in all sightings of the SSS so far, the gray bar on the top of the bottom screen was actually there, but it showed none of the words and buttons shown in the leak.
-A known GameFAQs troll named NessInEagleland posted some information that he apparently got from an inside source. First, he posted a small icon that was supposedly the icon for Multi-Man Smash. Then, he posted an icon of a lock that appears on the menu selection for All-Star mode while it is locked. He called MasterLinkX a liar, but afterwards, they talked privately, made up, and began to vouch for each other.

I think that's everything.

No. From what I understand, they originated from YouTube comments.
I have had no contact with NessInEagleland.
I do not know him personally.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Would Nintendo really give the first player the name ESRB0083 in the video? Would the leaker really show that part of the screen in the pictures he/she takes?
My issue exactly. The whole ESRB backstory has so many flaws and holes that... either its a red herring (a false lead meant to keep everyone off the trail of the real leaker to protect their identity), the acronym has nothing to do with ESRB, or its fake and the faker didn't think this through.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Could you clarify the situation for me a little bit then? So far I'm not sure what to add to my post (if anything), and I'm going to need to go to bed soon.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021

So I'd just like to draw attention to what some fellow youtubers noticed, you can kinda see G&W's hand on Wario's face, not sure if this is a shopped version or my eyes are fooling me

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
pretty sure bowser jr. has always had lighter colors, especially the green
Bowser Jr's head has always had a brighter shade of green, but everything else should be the same. His icon on the top screen looks more correc... wait a second. WHY is everything on the top screen darker? I can't believe I just noticed this.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
So, for clarity: you backed him up for reasons that did not require any direct contact with him? Or are you saying you were not actually the one to back him up?

I feel like I worded this in a way that sounds accusatory, but that is not my intention; I'd just like to know which is the case. (Or neither?)

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet

So I'd just like to draw attention to what some fellow youtubers noticed, you can kinda see G&W's hand on Wario's face, not sure if this is a shopped version or my eyes are fooling me
Mr. G&W Do not have fingers.

And maybe he switch position when you unlock the final roster.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

We've been over this. It's an illusion. And how the heck would this even happen in photoshop? You'd have to do it purposely.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
We've been over this. It's an illusion. And how the heck would this even happen in photoshop? You'd have to do it purposely.
Oh man, I knew it was my eyes, whatever, still funny thinking of it as G&W poking Wario's face

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff

This particular one is not a mark against the leak. It's merely an illusion created by the darkness of Wario's shoulder.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Somebody a couple pages back posted the guidelines for submitting content for ESRB review and it involved a DVD submission of the content, as opposed to an actual game to play. In other words, it corroborates the claims of the leakers--that this came from a reel of video submitted to ESRB.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
If MasterLinkX's hint about All-Star Mode is to be trusted, I think it will work something like this:

-Characters will be fought in chronological order by year of introduction.
-If multiple characters were introduced in the same year, you will have a choice of which one to fight.
-Assist trophies will be plentiful in each stage, but will only summon characters from the same series as the character you are currently fighting.

This allows for you to at least have the option to fight every character without being overwhelmed by the huge roster. However, this system would not allow you to fight multiple characters at once, so the rules might vary somehow.
Wouldn't that make Greninja the final opponent?
I've got nothing against him, I actually love his inclusion... but that seems like a kind of odd final opponent. Maybe it could work backwards? Start with Greninja and end with Pac-Man or Mr. Game and Watch.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
So, for clarity: you backed him up for reasons that did not require any direct contact with him? Or are you saying you were not actually the one to back him up?

I feel like I worded this in a way that sounds accusatory, but that is not my intention; I'd just like to know which is the case. (Or neither?)
Could you clarify the situation for me a little bit then? So far I'm not sure what to add to my post (if anything), and I'm going to need to go to bed soon.
My only intent was to vouch that the images he posted were from images not released publicly.
I did not respond immediately as I was unsure if I should do so, and not sure what he was intending to say/post.
I do not know him, I have had no contact with him.

I am not sure what was going on with the whole him calling me a fake, and then retracting it part.
He was probably corrected by his source?
But disregarding that, I would have vouched anyways as they are from unreleased materials.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
My only intent was to vouch that the images he posted were from images not released publicly.
I did not respond immediately as I was unsure if I should do so, and not sure what he was intending to say/post.
I do not know him, I have had no contact with him.

I am not sure what was going on with the whole him calling me a fake, and then retracting it part.
He was probably corrected by his source?
But disregarding that, I would have vouched anyways as they are from unreleased materials.
So should we understand this as meaning that the images he posted were from whatever source provided the other images such as the CSS and SSS, and that we should regard them all the same way?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know...sometimes I feel like a lot of people here are giving MasterLink a harder time then he needs to have with all of this.
Seriously, give the guy a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom