• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayhak

Smash Rookie
There's quite a lot of confusion about the menus, emblems and so on. Here's just some of my findings. I don't completely believe or deny the leak, so I'm trying to remain unbiased.
The thing about the levels on the "curious" image, is that these could be the Players name, maybe they're controlled by CPU but were played as if the were human players, to emulate the levels of the CPU's, maybe?, I'm not sure to why name it that way, but I really think they're names.

Anyway, that image is really helpful, saved, thank you!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
OK, time to put an end to the "Stage Select Screen is out of place/weird." argument once and for all.

(Clarification: A quick mock up of what the SSS would look like according to the leak.)

Notice that the gray bar with "Smash" "2" "Time" etc in the leak is actually the top of the bottom screen. It was clipped off. Other images of the bottom screen always have this gray bar... so that must be where that stuff goes.

Something I learned while making this... It would be nigh impossible to make all the stage select icons. The angles and content of each stage are completely new in many cases.
Magicant? I hope so. I thought I heard someone say it could be the Pink Cloud Sanctuary location too.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
So basically what we've learned is that people will handwave any inconsistency with the leaked photos and steadfastly deny the relevance of anything that claims to disprove it. Which makes the people going "look how long it's stood up for!" especially ridiculous because IT HASN'T.

It's reached the point where, even if we were to accept that the photos are unedited, we can't trust any part of them to be representative of the final game. Not even the character roster. We may not be able to prove that the photos are fake, but any actual usefulness of the leak is long dead.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
OK, time to put an end to the "Stage Select Screen is out of place/weird." argument once and for all.

(Clarification: A quick mock up of what the SSS would look like according to the leak.)

Notice that the gray bar with "Smash" "2" "Time" etc in the leak is actually the top of the bottom screen. It was clipped off. Other images of the bottom screen always have this gray bar... so that must be where that stuff goes.

Something I learned while making this... It would be nigh impossible to make all the stage select icons. The angles and content of each stage are completely new in many cases.
This is beautiful! People complain that these screens look sloppy, but in context I think it looks pretty nice. Great job :D

Edit: Additionally, I know everyone complains about the classic stages (and I hope we see some N64 stage rep on the Wii U), but I think they chose some good ones!

Edit 2: Except Muchroomy Kingdom, bleh!

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674

Looks very nice actually, i still want the background to be something else than just black though. And outlines around the stage icons would make it look better too. They've had so in all previous games (except Smash 64)

Clessidor

Smash Rookie
It defnitely looks very nice and probably better than with outlines.

BUt another thing I wounder. Does anyone have a clue where in the game this picture might have taken from, because it's definitive not the character select screen. The few clues of the upper screen makes me think it might from a in battle/fight mode but then there would bethe typical percentage values over the characters. The results screen looks also different and in Smash Run the upper screen is mostly black, when the final battle is loading. Any ideas?

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
W

BUt another thing I wounder. Does anyone have a clue where in the game this picture might have taken from, because it's definitive not the character select screen. The few clues of the upper screen makes me think it might from a in battle/fight mode but then there would bethe typical percentage values over the characters. The results screen looks also different and in Smash Run the upper screen is mostly black, when the final battle is loading. Any ideas?

We have no idea.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

Looks Like a Video That some one took pictures of to me

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Updated post with NessInEagleland's post, as well as the lack of gray bar issue.

I have not added any word leaks as there are simply way too many of them, and without pictures lack any real credibility.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Because real leaks happened around the same ETA as Brawl, and nobody can truly disprove this leak.
Though this is true that it is happening around the same time BUT, what if someone knows this info and is toying with us because they know "we" think a leak would happen around now. So that really is not an amazing point there.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Though this is true that it is happening around the same time BUT, what if someone knows this info and is toying with us because they know "we" think a leak would happen around now. So that really is not an amazing point there.
Good point. If I was a leaker (or a faker!) I would post around now.

Side note, is anyone else picturing Sakurai in his jammies sitting on the side of his bed hunched over with his face in his hands just sobbing because all of his hard work is being spread over the internet before he can officially release it? I feel like he takes this stuff personally :(

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If he is smart (and he is), he likely already knew the game would be leaked before the release. He is probably annoyed by this, of course :ohwell:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521

I actually have an idea. From the images and videos we have acess, we can see that in the Waiting Room (the screen where you can train with the sandbag), the lower screen will show the characters for the battle, but without their percentages.
It is really not the CSS, but not a battle screen either.

You can see a image of the training room without the % here.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
That really didn't seem to stop Sheik or Charizard, did it?
Oh, I wonder why it didn't stop those two... OH WAIT, THAT'S RIGHT.
Ice Climbers are two characters in one and Sheik/Charizard were switching characters! It all makes sense now!

Don't compare the Icies to the transforming characters, that's like saying Mario and Bowser are the same because they're both one character in a slot.

Hey, i'm not sure if this has been pointed out, I haven't seen it yet but after talk of Bowser Jr's moveset in the clown copter thing, i checked back to the image of him and you can see the green rim of the clown copter. If the leak is legit, it's definitely a cool fighting style it seems.
He would literally be our first mounted character.

Guys, I'm at school. I can't be fangasming buckets in the middle of my break

Edit: I almost forgot to say: GOOD MORNING THREAD.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
help
- character reveal with same artwork as leak's CSS
- new stage reveal resembling leak's SSS
- menu's similar to leak's

neutral
- character reveal that not on the leak's CSS
- stage reveal that's not on the leak's SSS

hurt
- character reveal with different artwork than the leak has
- menu's that differs from the leak

There's not really much that can hurt this leak tbh. I wonder if Sakurai is willing to acknowledge the fact this leak is out through a PotD, I doubt he will.
I think Ice Climbers reveal would be a big hit for this leak.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Good point. If I was a leaker (or a faker!) I would post around now.

Side note, is anyone else picturing Sakurai in his jammies sitting on the side of his bed hunched over with his face in his hands just sobbing because all of his hard work is being spread over the internet before he can officially release it? I feel like he takes this stuff personally :(
I can picture Sakurai sobbing that people think so little of him as to believe he'd release a CSS that doesn't fully sort characters by series or even include names.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I can picture Sakurai sobbing that people think so little of him as to believe he'd release a CSS that doesn't fully sort characters by series or even include names.
I feel like a person with the Icies on his profile picture and as his main will be more than a little biased about a leak forboding their cut.
people forget that the CSS is up to the devs every time, and inconsistencies with previous games are pretty much guaranteed.
(also, at 40+ characters you can't read any names for ****, so there's no point in keeping them.)

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
I feel like a person with the Icies on his profile picture and as his main will be more than a little biased about a leak forboding their cut.
people forget that the CSS is up to the devs every time, and inconsistencies with previous games are pretty much guaranteed.
(also, at 40+ characters you can't read any names for ****, so there's no point in keeping them.)
Oh, we're all biased, aren't we? But I assure you, including ICs in the leak wouldn't make me believe it.

Inconsistencies with previous games? Sure. Inconsistencies with perfectly good features shown in the demo? Nah. I don't believe for one second that Sakurai would rather cut the names than make the CSS scroll.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Oh, we're all biased, aren't we? But I assure you, including ICs in the leak wouldn't make me believe it.

Inconsistencies with previous games? Sure. Inconsistencies with perfectly good features shown in the demo? Nah. I don't believe for one second that Sakurai would rather cut the names than make the CSS scroll.
Inconsistencies with a demo that was made months before the final release date. CSS change A LOT during development, bud. Also, making the CSS scroll would not fix anything, especially when you can see the names on the bottom screen when you hover over it.

If Sakurai did this CSS, it would actually be smarter and take full advantage of the 3DS, as the game should.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

The names were barely viewable on the 3ds Xl's screen. "Perfectly Good" is not a word i'd use to describe it all. Try "painfully hard to read". Trying to say he'd have a scrolling CSS over losing the names is not a valid argument whatsoever, you aren't Sakurai, and you don't know how he or the people designing the UI think.
It's not like the names are gone for good, they appear on the bottom screen.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
but-but-but

duck necks you guiz. the mods are clearly in on it. they planned it when they all killed JFK.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Actual footage seems more legit than those screenshots to be honest, and goddamn do these look legit.
I mean, I'm ok with Bowser Jr. and Shulk, but I really hope the rest of the roster isn't that in the screenshots. I don't want Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, they're pointless clones, and Duck Hunt is kinda dumb too, among others.

I'm still going to be skeptical here, as I'd rather wait for Sakurai himself to confirm things, but still, this looks plenty legit and I doubt someone could whip up fake footage altogether like this. Pictures are a whole other story of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom