• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thank you haha i need to get to work on improving the king's design

i feel like i want to keep and finalize those body proportions though, make him look funny but still intimidating

Geist

Smash Master
I like the cartoony style you have. The second drawing is pretty well done. I'm not sure but I think I saw you post a small animation you did on youtube with that character.

neous

Smash Journeyman
i take it u guys r busy with school n stuff. hope everyones doing AIGHT.

made some videos

1. tested my old mic. scratching over my friend's beats, + random old pics: http://youtu.be/ORBenRn5w7c

just about everyones self portrait depicts them as they might look in rl, kind of unfair that i know what u look like.
so heres my "hello" video i made for my tumblr/da. forgot to mute the static. http://youtu.be/QlIu-7Fs9ZI
probably delete this one in the near future

o and wtf happen to zio LOL.

*forgot to mention, i remember that pencil test too, and, return of matt???

Geist

Smash Master
Don't worry neous lol, I'm on the verge of posting things. I'LL INSPIRE YOU DON'T WORRY
I'm planning on doing a lot of faster pieces, you know building up speed painting skills.

Hi Aly

Oh Zio req'd a ban? lmao
I guess someone was spending too much time on smaaaaaaaaashboards

Geist

Smash Master
Why are you still awake lmao
And fine challenge accepted. One piece a day?

EDIT: full size being posted on DA soon at a more active hour

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

I demand to know how long this took you :I

I always wonder how much faster other people are at this speedpainting thing.

neous

Smash Journeyman
are we going to experience an influx of geist/aly mecha digital paints? mecha week? MECHA MONTH? globie's art block unblocked by POKE-MECHA?

Dat swag, son
;D
:embarrass: i think i can clean up the tech/fluidity. i had alot recorded but, was late, so i just picked the first i found that seemed stylish. in retrospect, its not very hotness. :embarrass:
/johns

shouts to the based lawd [lol]

what happened to those murals btw :O , i rly was looking forward to painted walls.

neous

Smash Journeyman
cf's hand is confusing me but, aly, that is... Super.

r those nipples steaming

are we casting votes? so far id say

geist: 100
aly:1

because geist starts at 100 and i liked cf better than geist's mecha, so +1 for aly.

Alley Cat

Smash Apprentice
Why yes those are steaming nipples thank you for noticing.
And yeahhhh Neous *high five*

Don't make fun of my fail hands, I try you know D:

neous

Smash Journeyman
its hard comparing melee characters with concept mecha... im so torn... ill just cast arbitrary opinions [as per usual]

the hand, just a quick tweak and i think it would warrant a +2

* o ****, i wish i had leet ps skills, i would shop cf kneeing the **** out of geists mecha lol, or the pilot

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
i take it u guys r busy with school n stuff. hope everyones doing AIGHT.

just about everyones self portrait depicts them as they might look in rl, kind of unfair that i know what u look like.
so heres my "hello" video i made for my tumblr/da. forgot to mute the static. http://youtu.be/QlIu-7Fs9ZI
probably delete this one in the near future
1) Busy with school indeed.

2) Ah, so you bboy huh? I see that top rock and that flo rock :D I bboy a lil too. Mostly just focus on style and rhythm. I got no place to practice power moves. I like to pop more though.

Holy F'ing S. I can't draw mechs for shizzle. That's pretty insane for a couple hours. Reminds me of the Silverback from Gears 3.

Bidding starts at $100
That CF is pretty bad***. Steaming nipple spike, knee of justice, and what reminds of a troll face hahaha. I'd hang that up in my room.

I have a couple of cruddy doodles from class, but I'll upload them when I have the time. Nothing spectacular though. By the time I finish outlining the head, I have to turn the page to take more notes >.>

Also, if Geist and Ally are having a draw off, why don't we, the non-participants, say a general category or objects and have pics based on that?

EDIT: NO WAAAAAAAY! IS that Luca and R-66Y from CHRONO TRIGGER?! IMMA ABOUT TO LAKJFOAHNIFJNEMFJ SDO. My number 1 favorite game of all time! Why couldn't Chrono Trigger Resurrection be complete T_T

neous

Smash Journeyman
i didnt notice the similarity to robo/lucca lol.

i dont think they will take prompts, i mean i thought aly was drawing mecha, but she pulls out da knee and kneed the **** out of the prompt. and i know geist wants to draw alot of mechanical stuff for job / portfolio purposes.

also, since they are battlin, i challenge u to a dance battle dark. NO BREAKDANCE FIGHTING THO

Geist

Smash Master
Post those drawings for sure.
Also what are you talking about chrono trigger lol

EDIT: oh **** LOL

And yo I draw everything man. As an aspiring concept artist I have to be able to adapt to any medium, style and subject.

EDIT EDIT: Yo **** prompts

Geist

Smash Master
I'm trying to pinpoint what your style is reminding me of. It's right at the edge of my mind lol
What are your big inspirations Chok?
Also you have a pretty good grasp on anatomy, it shows even through your distinctive styling.

Also:

Thanks Aly lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks haha, that's what i was going for. i wanna keep her cartoony, but attractive in a short and chubby, yet still fit and able way.

mmm.. my biggest inspiration is one piece, and eiichiro oda's style. lately, i've also been gravitating toward a colorful fantasy with rounded faces, like zelda wind waker, or the gobelins animated shorts of "the king and the beaver" and "fur"

biggest inspiration is one piece by farrrrrrrr.

also as of late: capcom. they make so many freakin cool characters haha.

also rembrandt

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Wow, there's so many great pictures! I've been away from this thread for too long x.x

Nice video Neous, the footing looks really complicated o.o How long have you been dancing?

I love your character designs Chok, they all have really distinct appearances.

I shall look forward to more Bren/Aly draw-off c:

neous

Smash Journeyman
GET KNEE'D.

looking forward to some thick inks / colors, chok.

@globie

i dont think my footwork is complicated. i was just doing random ****.

when i was a little[er] kid, i would just **** around with bboying and tricks, nothing serious.

i stopped, and then started again this month.

i live an unhealthy lifestyle [its obvious by my skinny skeleton body type], so instead of working out like normal people, i decided:
whenever i walk to my car on campus, and its dark, i dance the whole way
[sometimes i get into embarrassing situations this way, but i appreciate the opportunity to learn to deal with weird person to person interactions lol]
i wish everyone danced and did tricks whenever they felt like it without worrying about lookin like an idiot. **** would be fun to watch, itd pobably make me smile alot more often.

that CF picture is really great lol... score is 101 to 1 by my count now. rootin for the underdog though.

Top Bottom