• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got the "Sheep People" that live in my stories "Dreamland" wearing Vintage Sailor Outfits.

I'm guessing the inspiration for that was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYk6rPpIvAI

They also use Lollipops as weapons, LOL

There are "Pig People" too, and they are also based on a vintage design, "1940's" clown costumes

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The pig person I was talking about.

I decided to try and make it look like a cut out character to fit a storybook style.

Though, I now have an idea for an improvement on it

I also figured out how to make the animation into a GIF

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I was able to do this quarter for class.

Took months of work, spending all my days off and what time I could during class.

If I didn't have to go to work so often I probably could have done it faster

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been done with school since the end of march, and for a while I've just been enjoying doing nothing because those projects took up ALL my free time and were very stressful, but at the same time fun.

However, something changed.

I've actually been feeling REALLY empty lately without school.

It all happened at once. I was feeling really fulfilled and proud of a drawing I made recently.

However, I uploaded it online and no one commented or Favorited it.

I then wanted to show this girl at work, but she hasn't BEEN at work since I finished it. I think she quit. (Which didn't help my empty feeling)

I kind of wish someone would at least post a "You suck" comment on my art sometimes.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Not having school anymore is a pretty empty feeling, since that's been nearly 20 years of my life.
At first it was I'm free, now what. Then get a job, then now it's back to routine.

Being online is pretty empty too, when there's no presence to be had. Shame it has to be related to promoting yourself.
I can't just sit there and hope my fan art suddenly gets a burst of followers. Unless you're god damn good at your arts.

"You suck" -- at least they took the time to look at it.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
It all happened at once. I was feeling really fulfilled and proud of a drawing I made recently.

However, I uploaded it online and no one commented or Favorited it.

I then wanted to show this girl at work, but she hasn't BEEN at work since I finished it. I think she quit. (Which didn't help my empty feeling)

I kind of wish someone would at least post a "You suck" comment on my art sometimes.
That happens man, and I feel like it happens kind of randomly. Some things I post get no attention at all whereas sometimes others are unexpectedly popular, and most of the time it has nothing to do with how good the piece is. *shrug* Sometimes personally I'll think something looks good but for whatever reason don't favorite/like/reblog the work, which isn't really helping the artist, but my point is that people may like your work even if they're silent about it.

If you think your work was good from an unbiased perspective, then hey, that work was good. Some people might've failed to recognize it, but something else that you make in the future will definitely get noticed.

Also, "You [don't] suck". I like your creative vision

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That happens man, and I feel like it happens kind of randomly. Some things I post get no attention at all whereas sometimes others are unexpectedly popular, and most of the time it has nothing to do with how good the piece is. *shrug* Sometimes personally I'll think something looks good but for whatever reason don't favorite/like/reblog the work, which isn't really helping the artist, but my point is that people may like your work even if they're silent about it.

If you think your work was good from an unbiased perspective, then hey, that work was good. Some people might've failed to recognize it, but something else that you make in the future will definitely get noticed.

Also, "You [don't] suck". I like your creative vision
sorry to tumblr creep
but you you go to pitt??
I'm at AiP.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Art Institute of Pittsburgh? Neat! What kind of classes do they offer there?
Yehyeh!

I'm in game development
so lots of 3d....illustration classes....uhmm...art introduction stuff for GAD kids...minimal programming...lots of in engine work
Its funtimes

how about you? what is your major? : O

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Yehyeh!

I'm in game development
so lots of 3d....illustration classes....uhmm...art introduction stuff for GAD kids...minimal programming...lots of in engine work
Its funtimes

how about you? what is your major? : O
That sounds really cool, i bet it'd be totally rad to work on a game

I study psychology. o _o I considered art schools but ultimately went with this... I'd like to become a therapist or something but if I ever got a really good art-related career offer I'd take it lol

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are there still people who do stuff by request here or is that dead?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Bumping the social!
Hey newcomers! feel free to join in the social chat
try to keep our forum clean by NOT spamming the main forum with question posts n stuff.
we'll be happy to relay messages here <3

plz and thank you

neous

Smash Journeyman
Bump.

going through old bookmarks, while procrastinating a paper. found a link to this thread.

I started posting in dis thread 5 or so years ago. I was a junior(?) "studying" biology. i am now about to graduate with an unimpressive BA in visual arts at the hella old age of 26.

I'm still a filthy scrub.

but without the friendliness of the people in this thread, i wouldn't be the same scrub i am today.

(img below helped me get a position teaching art to chinese kidz. should hold me over until i can purely subsist on being tsuaii on patreon. sakimichan and every other artist only has a patreon bc of me dontchaknow. i revolutionized freelance art forever doe)

2015-01-30.png

(i am not the cute gril in the bottome left painting. but i am the boy that asked her out. she said nah bc im not good enough at painting.)

thank you to the OG AE homies, for who a time were my only art-related support, and who still today remain to provide motivation, advice, and root for me even though i am still trash.

here's to becoming gawdliek in the near future~

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Lokiiii~! Livin', Workin', Playin', and much less of the Learnin' -- with tiny doodles in a notepad.
How's youse doin'?

Top Bottom