• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

A lot of other sub-forums have one, so I figure it couldn't hurt to have one here. I'll try to change the imagery in this post periodically, just to keep it interesting.

So yeah, feel free to talk about whatever, regarding the usual forum rules (spam, trolling, and so forth).

Go.

-AE Crew-

Chronodiver Lokii

Geist

~ZIO~

joeadok

GameStation aka C4!?

global-wolf

HondaFoo

Santo Amancio (so pro, did the whole thing in SAI in 10 minutes)

Pandu

Meno

Alley Cat

Darkshadow7827

neous

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
So... This thread can double as a place to post once off stuff like comics and ideas for artwork as well instead of making a thread for it?

Neon Ness

Yeah, that sounds fine. Really this thread is just like any social thread, we can bounce ideas off of each other or rant about how much we despise Adobe Soundbooth. Pretty much anything goes and everyone's welcome to post.

I need to figure out how to make the first post fancy looking... *fires up Photoshop*

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, currently I am pumped about a water color piece that I plan on starting once I go back to school. A user on here, Matt, recently got a book published, Undeclared. Basically it's stories he wrote for indy songs. One of the "tracks" Satellite, based off of Guster's song Satellite, had an extra vivid portion in it. So I'm extra pumped to get started on this.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This is the first time I've posted in this room in well over a year. Hello, Art Emporium! Since I'm here, I might as well hit you with a picture of mine. I'm in the middle of drawing a small series of comic strips based on Mirror's Edge.

This is a character sketch of TheFanFan. She's a bit on the bony side, so I tried to make it seem that way when I drew it. It's also the first time I've ever drawn anything in that posture.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
THIS BE A GOOD IDEAAAAA.

Umm...i'm currently working on some Acrylic pieces for a scholarship for the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Those should be interesting because the only plan i have for each piece is a theme and im just gonna wing it :3
Also, working on an 'interesting' SWF project with Chaco xD Having fun doodling nonsensical pieces of lulz.
...And my 2D fighter. Currently in concept artwork and rewriting plots xP

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Making sprites used to be a fun hobby, what is this 2d fighter and this other project?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
This is the first time I've posted in this room in well over a year. Hello, Art Emporium! Since I'm here, I might as well hit you with a picture of mine. I'm in the middle of drawing a small series of comic strips based on Mirror's Edge.

This is a character sketch of TheFanFan. She's a bit on the bony side, so I tried to make it seem that way when I drew it. It's also the first time I've ever drawn anything in that posture.

i thought you were fan at first becuse your font color by then the bolded sntence made me look at the name cuz of the third person.
looks good so far btw :)

Neon Ness

is this where we post random sketches?
Yeah, if it's just like a random one time sketch, I think it's fine here. But if it's something you want serious advice on and want to improve, it should go here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235725, and I or someone else wouldn't mind looking it over.

I'm also curious as to what Chaco/Chronodiver Lokii are working on... I've been getting into spritework lately in my free time.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It be a secret for now :p
Mehh...i need to draw more...i need to improveeeee....

I wanna see your sprites! O:

Chaco

Never Logs In
When we pump out the first official "thingy" I'll let you guys see. Now off to IM Lokii.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not bad.

But since I wanna critique it:

-Your hair seems to "flat". There is no life to it, or fluff...lol.
-Your upper arm the bicep area (right side, her left) actually gets bigger as it approaches the joint. From the angle you are drawing from the curvature would still make it smaller.
-I feel like the hair makes the outline for the left breast. (Her left)

But awesome since you're new to drawing.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Amen to that. Ive been drawing anime style for...6 years now? And anatomy STILL bugs the heck outta me ; A ;

Bwahaha Chaco. We're so sneaky. SNEAKKKYYYY! -is getting a little loopy due to lack of sleep-

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That's cause you gotta start with real human anatomy first and get to distorted versions of it (anime) once you get the hang of it, it's a *****.

I hate this site and its censors.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I will x3 I'll try to do a quick yet CRAZY piece for it before midterms. So aka, tomorrow. For once, im happy to be grounded xD

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah, there's no need to draw, look at my entry for example, no drawings whatsoever :p, you can do something like you did for worm 1.

Neon Ness

That's cause you gotta start with real human anatomy first and get to distorted versions of it (anime) once you get the hang of it...
YES. I agree with this.

Knowing how to draw actual people is a really good way to learn to draw stylized versions of people. Also, I think it's real important to learn to draw different body types-- thin people, overweight people, people of different races, young people, elderly people, etc. You just gotta find some models to draw from and practice.

For me the face is the hardest to get right, but I'm getting better recently. I hope...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Starting a hard *** watercolor project on Monday. I suck with watercolors and need to improve. D:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
We have a social thread for the AE? :mad:

Watercolours are difficult, Chaco. You can do eet. The key is not getting overzealous, and taking the time to let things dry before progressing.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i had an idea to get rid the remaining toys i got so that I could have more closet space, but instead of throwing them out, I'll make a collage out of it. Whip out a hot glue gun, and stick everything on board in an unorthodox manner, and there you have a piece of art. The only problem was, the idea had generated in June, and til today I have not started.

Top Bottom