• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's literally no music I can't appreciate in this game, even the reused ones from HG/SS/etc. Kondo VGM does well.

Finally caught Thundurus w/o wasting the Master Ball/before the E4. Wrap/Prankster+Stun Spore/Mean Look too legit. Now I just need someone to trade to get Landorus later on.
:glare:

Edit: Yeah, caught me there. Wish I could find a way to find the themes online, including the extra instruments.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Is the natures for the runners in B/W predetermined like in the earlier gens or what my Thundurus is running around asleep with 1 hp left in my game?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Got my 8th badge tonight, and I'm off to the Pokémon League. Haxorus completely wiped the floor with the 8th gym -- I swept the entire thing without even being touched once, save by Rough Skin.

Unnecessary and silly as it may seem, I really want to have a Volcarona for the E4, so I think I'm going to try to grind my Larvesta up to 59. The rest of them I'll probably just aim for ~50 before I try and take them on.

Current team:

@ Level 45
Emboar (Avril)
- Flamethrower
- Arm Thrust
- Heat Crash
- Scald

@ Level 48
Reuniclus (Catalyst)
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

@ Level 45
Carracosta (Invented)
- Bulldoze
- AncientPower
- Crunch
- Surf

@ Level 51
Haxorus (Jambi)
- Dragon Dance
- X-Scissor
- False Swipe
- Dragon Claw

@ Level 46
Larvesta (Union Maid)
- Flame Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bug Bite
- Acrobatics

@ Level 43
Golurk (TickyTacky)
- Shadow Punch
- Fly
- Magnitude
- Heavy Slam

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
SOOOoooo hard to level up once you hit the 60s. It's like, you've caught up with all the trainers around the time you start running out of trainers to fight. I'm currently farming sports arenas for trainers to fight. I need a few more levels on each pogey before I go tackle the E4 again and its taking FOR.EV.ER. I seriously might abandon Black for a little bit and go play White so I don't feel like I'm just grinding. I hate quitting before I'm really done, but I think I hate grinding more. :/

asianaussie

Smash Hero
6 pokes at level 40-42 (Samurott, Ferroseed, Excadrill, Siglyph, Darumitan, Archeops) and a Ducklett as my HM slave.

Just about to fight the 7th Gym, From the Gym layout, I surmise he is Ice type (yeah I'm a deductive genius, woo) and therefore fodder for at least 3 of my Pokes.

Can I get Axem yet, and if so, where? This is my first time training more than 3 Pokes as I go through - so many cool new ones :D - and the Lucky Egg/2 free Exp Shares/Audinos make life so easy.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Can I get Axem yet, and if so, where? This is my first time training more than 3 Pokes as I go through - so many cool new ones :D - and the Lucky Egg/2 free Exp Shares/Audinos make life so easy.
Axew is in the Mistralton Cave on Route 6 (correct me if I'm wrong on that number), northwest of Driftveil. You need to Surf down the stream to the right of the healer's house to get to it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you're willing to go a little more(you'll need Flash/Strength for the cave ), you
encounter/unlock the first legendary trio.

Other than that though, you can go to two new routes from the right of your hometown. Even easier grinding.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Guys, we all know at the end of the game you can use non-5th gen pokes, so... I won't put that in tags. I ask for your thoughts.

I want to make a team post-E4 representing the entire Pokemon<3(lol)

Gen1: Gyarados
Gen2: Tyranitar
Gen3: Flygon
Gen4: Lucario
Gen5: Haxorous
Wild Card: Scrafty

Actually not a bad team. I was close to putting Zoroark over Hax, but honestly I kept Hax because that made half my team dark...

Also could debate on Charizard/Tyranitar/Swampert/Gliscor/Haxorous/Scrafty

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if it's supposed to be representative of generations

Starmie or Snorlax/Tyranitar or Skarmory or Blissey/Salamence or Regice/Lucario or Infernape or Garchomp (lulz)/Chandelure or Excadrill/Pikachu or Magikarp

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Well it was more or less my compilation of favorites combined in a way that can be successful on the end game (like still have HMs, etc)

Gyarados: One of my favorites, but also a Water-HM *****
Tyranitar: My favorite Pokemon ever.
Flygon: always loved this Pokemon, but what I love most is he can fly, and fairly good movepool :D
Lucario: 4th gen isn't really my favorite much like 3rd, but Lucario is one of the few I really like.
Haxorous: When they released all those 5th gen pics, this is what I kept my eye on. With no clue of Base Stats, I wanted this one more than anything.
Scrafty: He is me<3

Only downfall is one special attacker[lucario] But can't say it matters.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just beat cynthia haha

my lilligant is at level 76. it only dies in game due to sleep powder misses and wake up crits every now and then.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Urngh still not past the E4 and its starting to get annoying. It's now basically my Zurzukin, Krookodile (partly), Chandelure, and Samurott doing all the work while Gurdurr (BECAUSE NOBODY BESIDES SHIMAZU WHICH COULDN'T TRADE WITH ME BECAUSE WE LAGGED HAS OFFERED TO HELP EVOLVE MY GURDURR) and Swoobat (BECAUSE NOBODY HAS BEEN NICE ENOUGH TO OFFER ME A WARGLE EGG EVEN THOUGH I CAN GIVE YOU SOMETHING IN RETURN) have been left behind in the dust of weakness :/

Xyless

Smash Master
Beating Elite 4 with level 42 Pokemon?

I've been playing a no-exp run this whole time (those of you keeping score, you know how, don't bring it up, it's besides the point), so I've been fending for myself with Pokemon that have been relatively "underleveled." I have a feeling it will be very difficult against the E4, though, considering the highest Pokemon I've found so far are the Trio (all 42) and a Pokemon or two from Victory Road. I refuse to give up this challenge now that I am so far along.

But what are your thoughts? This is my current team, let me know what you think of the movesets, who you think I should replace (and remember, the Pokemon have to be used at the level they're caught at). Is there anywhere else that has Pokemon that are catchable at this time, before facing the Elite 4 for the first time, that are either equal or higher in level to 42?

Durant (Lv 42)
Bug/Steel
Ability: Hustle
Item: Amulet Coin (Couldn't figure out anything better)
Bug Bite . Crunch
Iron Head . X-Scissor

Virizion (Lv 42)
Grass/Fighting
Ability: Justified
Item: BrightPowder
Giga Drain . Sacred Sword
Flash . Strength

Thundurus (Lv 40)
Electric/Flying
Ability: Prankster
Item: Magnet
Revenge . Thunderbolt
Fly . Focus Blast

Garbodor (Lv 38)
Poison
Ability: Weak Armor
Item: Rock Helmet
Thunderbolt . Body Slam
Sludge Bomb . Clear Smog

Cobalion (Lv 42)
Steel/Fighting
Item: Silk Scarf (for Retaliate)
False Swipe . Sacred Sword
Iron Head . Retaliate

Terrakion (Lv 42)
Rock/Fighting
Item: Quick Claw
Helping Hand . Retaliate
Rock Slide . Sacred Sword

My current hopeful strategy is to use Virizion as a Flash *****, then when the opponent can't be Flashed anymore, switch out and refresh its Flash.

Just too bad I can't buy Ethers.

Welp, I did it. But it was rough, and I lost most of my Ethers (mostly because I forgot about the whole "more times you use TMs the less PP you get from them until you heal" thing), as well as most of my Revives/Max Revives.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
SOOOoooo hard to level up once you hit the 60s. It's like, you've caught up with all the trainers around the time you start running out of trainers to fight. I'm currently farming sports arenas for trainers to fight. I need a few more levels on each pogey before I go tackle the E4 again and its taking FOR.EV.ER. I seriously might abandon Black for a little bit and go play White so I don't feel like I'm just grinding. I hate quitting before I'm really done, but I think I hate grinding more. :/
lucky egg alleviates this pretty well imo :O. i don't really use exp share anymore cuz i like the feeling of one pokemon getting 4,000+ exp. even at level 70+ my lilligant got quite decent exp from each trainer.

also, the way i grind when wanting to beat someone (especially the elite four) is by fighting them over and over until i win... i usually gain tons of experience and mad prediction skills against that trainer this way. beat morimoto in like 5 tries, beat cynthia in 3. i usually don't mind losing cuz all my money is spent on balls/max repels/revives anyway.

fighting them over and over tells me what moves they will use in certain situations and how i should lead, and when they will use full restores. abuse the AI's full restores IMO. they use in on their first red life pokemon ALWAYS. it's a free setup turn.

M.K

Level 55
Lucky Egg on my Beartic training on Level 50 Audinos on the route above White Forest grants me 5,000+ EXP and 3 Audinos guarantees a level up.

I love Audino whoring.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that sounds awesome haha. are they rustling grass audinos or do they appear more often in that area? i'm almost there

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Urngh still not past the E4 and its starting to get annoying. It's now basically my Zurzukin, Krookodile (partly), Chandelure, and Samurott doing all the work while Gurdurr (BECAUSE NOBODY BESIDES SHIMAZU WHICH COULDN'T TRADE WITH ME BECAUSE WE LAGGED HAS OFFERED TO HELP EVOLVE MY GURDURR) and Swoobat (BECAUSE NOBODY HAS BEEN NICE ENOUGH TO OFFER ME A WARGLE EGG EVEN THOUGH I CAN GIVE YOU SOMETHING IN RETURN) have been left behind in the dust of weakness :/
Lol, that annoyed me to no end. We spent a good thirty minutes trying. I can try again today.
Audino>VS Seeker, btw.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
why swoobat for braviary? i wouls much rather trade for a vullaby/mandibuzz.

i wish i had wifi in my apartment though

i also need to evolve things, but mostly gurdurr.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Finally beat the ****ing game thank you God for finally letting me beat it.

The ending was amazing. I swear N has to be one of the best characters made in the series, if not the one with the most character development. I honestly felt bad for him when
Ghetsis told him that he was just manipulating him to get his way

My team:

(WHITE) lvl 50
-DragonBreath
-Slash
-Extrasensory
-Fusion Flare

(WOTTER) lvl 58
-Scald
-Surf
-Megahorn
-Waterfall

(DEALWITHIT) lvl 50
-Foul Play
-Bulldoze
-Dig
-Shadow Claw

(CHANDEGAY) lvl 61
-Shadow Ball
-Night Shade
-Flame Burst
-Will-O-Wisp

(SCRAPPER) lvl 57
-Hi Jump Kick
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Rock Climb

(LORAX) lvl 47
-Hammer Arm
-Chip Away
-Wake-Up Slap
-Rock Slide

Chandelure was amazing for the E4. He literally swept the Ghost and Psychic elites every time he went up against them, Scrafty was slightly less useful for the E4, but he also swept the Dark elite with Hi Jump Kick, Gurdurr was of almost no ****ing use because I never got to evolve him, Swoobat was of even less use because he sucks and nobody wanted to trade me a Rufflet, I only brought Reshiram in because I thought he'd be epic against Zeckrom, Krookodile was of some use, though only to finish off pokemon that killed me off at low health, and Wotter was as almost amazing as Chandelure in the Fighting elite's battle. He literally took out every pokemon there with his Surf and Waterfall hax

Man, I wish this game was longer, I really don't want it to end :/

EDIT:

I really want Wargle over Swoobat because I love Wargle. Even though he looks like a Digimon, I swear ever since I saw his reveal, I've kept my eye on him and I've been wanting one for months. Same with Zuruzukin except I really started keeping an eye on him when I started using him in battles and he started growing on me.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Dude, like I said before, probably 1/3rd of the content is "post-game" so don't worry about it being over. I would have traded you a Rufflet but I have Black. Sorry homie.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I finally got my Roobushin and Rufflet thanks to Steelia

Now maybe I can finally manage a proper team

EDIT:

And how is it that a baby chick gets to learn a move that carries a boy at around the weight of 120-150 pounds through the air at large distances?

EDIT2:

Even more wtfff did everybody's level just spike up by like 20?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Is there a way to SR Zekrom/Rishiram?
Nope. The game has flags up to prevent Zekrom, Reshriam, Victini, and I hear the event-encountered Zoroark to never be shiny when encountered. Someone did about 27K SRs before hearing this news... They were quite disappointed, to say the least.

...unless you're asking for something else. >_>

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Beat the main story between last night and this morning, just made it to White Forest after hours of lallygagging. :b:

[collapse=Team + notes]Took a crappy pseudo-team I raised just to catch Zekrom/lose before the credits rolled. Didn't bother to get a better nature than the first(Brave) though, so kinda defeated the purpose. I also wanted to finish as much of the Dex as possible without any outside assistance, took me for freaking ever to evolve Deino. :glare: I gave up on evolving Larvesta/Rufflet, since they're both part of my secondary team, plus I realized I couldn't get things like Tornadus and Vullaby(friend I trade with hasn't been on for a while, plus we're progressing at different speeds).

Lastly, I didn't want to be too under/over leveled, which is hard since I have the tendency to naturally fight everything just to listen to the music, and learn certain moves before moving on(Coil for Eelektrik before evolving it for example). In the end, I went in with about the same levels as theirs, 48-54 as it progressed/by the time I left. /rant

tl;dr - Team upon beating the game.

- Lv. 50(Bold) - Coil, Light Screen, Dragon Tail, Leaf Blade(yeah I know, I know)
- Lv. 50(Jolly/Iron Fist) - Shadow Punch, Fly(still lol), EQ, DynamicPunch
- Lv. 51/53 by end. (Dat Moxie/Calm) - Dragon Claw, Crunch, Fire Punch, Hi Jump Kick
(Musket) - Lv. 51(Relaxed/Hydration) - Yawn, Giga Drain, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast
- Lv. 52(Hasty/Sturdy) - Shell Smash, Rock Slide, Waterfall, Blizzard
/
- Lv. 50(Brave)/54(Naive) - Coil, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Thunder

Zekrom didn't even beat Reshiram due to a crit from Hyper Beam, and barely beat Co-cigarette-grigus.
Eelektross beasted in E4 as Eelektrik@Eviolite. Gimmick set/Acid Spray + Flash Cannon shenanigans 2gud.

Debated whether or not to start over/reset before credits rolled, but once I saw the ending I couldn't help but watch. Fantastic game IMO, and it's not even over.
I already caught a wild Dragonite <3.
My team is all around their late 50's/60ish atm, I'm not finding grinding to be too terrible, other than in double/triple/rotation battles. I literally didn't even figure out how to work the last one until the last turn/attack.

I also imported a few things here and there, like a Rock Blast/Skill Link Cloyster(woulda considered replacing Carracosta w/it if I had realized it can't remember Shell Smash, lol), an Adamant Ditto, and some random crap since I couldn't see the top half of my other DS(a Volbeat, Seadra, Sneasel and Scyther to be precise), which made the mini-game so much harder. :awesome:
[/collapse]

Other than that, still taking it slow/trying to find out/do everything post-game, and catching new stuff.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nope. The game has flags up to prevent Zekrom, Reshriam, Victini, and I hear the event-encountered Zoroark to never be shiny when encountered. Someone did about 27K SRs before hearing this news... They were quite disappointed, to say the least.

...unless you're asking for something else. >_>
I was asking for Ivs...

I plan to use Pokegen to create -anything- ever needed for metagame, but I want my legends/relics to at least look decent.

Like:

Modest Celebi
NaughtyJirachi

etc

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I got an impish nature Zekrom when I caught it, not the right nature when i wanted but i can probably make a defensive moveset from it. I have trouble with N's Zoroark and Ghestis Hydreigon i only won cause of Zekrom.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Goddamn it, why are NPCs allowed to even have OHKO moves in the first place? They keep haxing me and EVERY TIME ONE HITS MY SAMUROTT DIES :mad:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The luck system in this game is skewed at times. I never missed with Dragon Rush on Deino(with Hustle mind you).
Yet I missed 90% of the time I used Crunch, Dragon Pulse or Body Slam.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
The luck I have with Pokemon is pretty terribad in general, but the Battle Subway is just trying to make me mad, I'm sure.

This guy's Litwick haxed me to death, burning and crit'ing my Druddigon. I send out my 31 Speed IV Serperior, and Leaf Blade was gonna kill it... but the little bish had a Quick Claw which activated, and he Pain Split. Leaf Blade failed to kill due to his recovery, and I got burnt on Flame Body. He owned me with Incinerate, because Quick Claw activates for the second time in a row. I send out Conkeldurr. Stone Edge, MISSES. He Incinerates, putting me into the red. I desperately SEdge again, and the effing Quick Claw lets him ninja-kill me.

iMad.

I don't like how slow BP gain is on here, though; 3 points per seven battles blows hard.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I decided to go pokemon catching post-game.

I went to route 1, looking for Feebas. Opting for a higher encounter rate, I waited for a fishing spot to pop up. When one did, I fished.

I found a level 70 Milotic. Sweet.

It's Serious nature, but I only play in-game anyway, so all's good.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Do you have to surf out NEXT to the dark water to fish directly into it? I haven't started trying that yet, but I like Milotic so I might start hunting for one.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fishing mechanics is similar to how it was Gens III and IV. If you are surfing, you can fish in any adjacent square as long as there is water there.

Just as you can fish in one area and get different pokemon than you would if you surfed on that exact spot, the special spot in the water will be treated differently if you fish there rather than surf there.

Long story short, yes, you have to be next to it, not on it. The "hook" has to be in that spot.

The routes are actually very diverse in water pokemon with these spots. The closest water area from route 1, in numerical order, is route 4, and I've found relicanth, kingler, and huntail here.

Top Bottom