• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I have fly on my golem too. Sadly, they gave pretty much every electric type you face from a trainer some kind of dark move to hit him back for SE damage. So you need to overlevel him a little bit to get maximum usefulness out of him. But the Golett/Golurk line is among my favorites this gen by far.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
do you really need to overlevel that much

ive just been sitting my ferrothorn there, cursing a few times and then gyro ballin the crap through everything

helps that they get 5HKOed by iron barbs/rugged helmet

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm doing the same. Omg stop grinding so hard, my team is barely in the teens, besides my Pignite.
I'm not really grinding that hard. Sure, I killed a fill more audinos per pokemon than I normally do since I'm trying to compensate for my bad ivs/natures/abilities, and even then ****'s a little more difficult then I would like.

rhan

Smash Hero
That Golem can know fly?! Holy ****!

New addition for my battle boxes (I have two and a half boxes full of Pokemon I use competitively). I also REALLY enjoyed this game the most. Amazing story!

Also I've grown fond of triple battles. Just to try them out. @_@

I wanna try to put together a team that would be fairly well. But all I seen that works best in triple battles are weather boosting Pokemon.

But as a beginning line up for a triple battle team I have goes.

[collapse=Triple Battle Lineup](Left)

Galvantula
Serious
lvl: 50
@Bright Powder
-Electro Ball
-Electroweb
-Signal Beam
-Gastro Acid
140/91/72/117/70/129

____
(Mid)

Slaking
Lonely
@Razor Fang
-Slack Off
-Shadow Claw
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
232/199/119/116/83/132

____
(Right)

Espeon
Brave
@Leftovers
-Skill Swap
-Psychic
-Helping Hand
-Shadow Ball
145/97/73/151/106/114

Pretty much Gastro Acid to take away Slaking's ability. Helping hand to power Slaking. And Slaking using Rock Slide to strike everything on the other side. Or whatever it pleases. Cuz it's a beast.[/collapse]

I'm newish to competitive Pokemon and such. So I don't know much about how IV's work. And I know very little about how EV's work.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
E4 was hyped up way too much.

all of my pokes were 45-47 and I cleaned up pretty easily, barely any item usage.

In other news, my Reshiram has a SpA+ nature and 28 or 29 in its SpA IV, pretty decent for my first go (I'm not resetting even though it seems to have about 4 IVs in speed/it's Quiet)

most importantly, i caught it in a premier ball - matching colours ftw :D :D :D

that's not a bad lineup but espeon and galvantula want Speed+ natures (or SpA+).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is really weird playing this Gen, never felt so doubtful about my team. I'm quite happy with Pignite, Pawniard and strangely, Herdier, but just feel something's missing with Munna and Palpitoad.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm doing a bug-type run. I've already beaten the E4 using 4 bugs under level 55, but I want to make a team of 6 competitive bugs to battle friends, wifi etc.

If anyone could recommend which bugs/moves to select (including non-Unova bugs) that would be greatly appreciated.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
This is really weird playing this Gen, never felt so doubtful about my team. I'm quite happy with Pignite, Pawniard and strangely, Herdier, but just feel something's missing with Munna and Palpitoad.
Herdier is the best in-game pokemon in the game. The stats he has in comparison to the other pokemon and how early you get it make it invaluable until post E4 when he finally starts to be obsoleted.

Crunch, Take Down, and Intimidate by the time you beat the second gym leader? Yes please!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I already have Trick Room, Psychic, Shadowball, and Future Sight.

I'm looking to get rid of Future Sight ._.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
focus blast

i just beat the e4/champion, finally.

hall of fame:
lilligant - lv 85
emboar - lv 72
chandelure - lv 76
volcarona - lv 73
krookodile - lv 76
hydreigon - lv 71

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
My first Hall of Fame:

Braviary - Lv.65
Krookodile - Lv.68
Serperior - Lv.78
Zekrom - Lv.57
Haxorus - Lv.71
Panpour - Lv14

rhan

Smash Hero
My first HoF consisted of:

Reshiram - 51
Galvantula - 43
Celebi - 52
Samurott - 46
Gigalith - 46
Zoroark - 47

I'm that good.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zoro and celebi are nowhere near uber o.o

rhan is that really hall of fame, or the first game complete?

rhan

Smash Hero
LOL Zoroark is uber?

And I only had him in there for exp share to lvl up. Also it's the Zoroark you get from the Celebi event. Celebi just helped with healing wish. Reshiram you don't get until the end anyway.

It was mainly Gigalith and Samurott doing all the work.

And it's first game completion. SO yeah I messed up that one.

I suck.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Uberwhoring is that good.
Celebi and Zoroark aren't Ubers lol. Especially Zoroark. He's nowhere near Uber

zoro and celebi are nowhere near uber o.o

rhan is that really hall of fame, or the first game complete?
Celebi, just like Victini, does have above average stats though so I can understand why he would've pointed Celebi out

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah. i enjoy high levels + no items when beating e4...

but i wonder if there's a record for low level e4 victories

yes fuelbi but high bst's dont have that much to do with how strong a pokemon is. look at slaking and regigigas. victini is mediocre competitively, heck, so is kyurem.

celebi, zoroark, and victini are legendary, mythical pokemon according to the game, and are given unique abilities and high bst's. yet they are all a bit less competitively viable than conkeldurr, a common pokemon

haha this is more directed to serin than to fuel actually

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Zoroark is the best pokemon ever, why you wonder?
In no team preview you can ALLWAYS ask you opponent if Zoroark is on the field, creating another depth into your game (especially if you sometimes actually use zoroark and don't bluff) XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
yes fuelbi but high bst's dont have that much to do with how strong a pokemon is. look at slaking and regigigas. victini is mediocre competitively, heck, so is kyurem.
Regigigas and Slaking are easy to use in game if you know how to use them . With Reigigigas you just have to learn how to make due with Slow Start and you just have to be powerful enough to cause massive damage to a pokemon with Truant

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah, I realized my mistake now. I was just in a different state of mind where Legendary = Uber.

Sue me :glare:

EDIT: Someone AIM me, I feel like battling.

3v3 flat rules, no wonder launcher.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that may be true fuel, but it doesnt change the fact that those abilities are in general extremely handicapping. i know slaking can be used well, but regigigas is just attacking fodder sometimes... 5 turns is way too long.

conkeldurr is just amazing.

rhan

Smash Hero
Can't you just Gastro Acid Regigigas and have his ability negated? And even then would that just leave him with cut stats?

If all else fails teach it protect and just protect every other turn. that'll only have it hit twice out of the five times (Assuming that it's a single battle and that the opponent doesn't know Fient).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the problem with protect is vs setup pokemon. if you can predict protects, you can just give yourself your own bulkup, calm mind, quiver dance, or god forbid, shell smash.

or in an environment that allows, double team or minimize hahahaha.

protect is still good for pokemon that have abilities that make the best of it... like toxic heal, ice body, moody... i dont feel the same way, though, about slow start

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My Zekrom:

Adamant

Hp: 20~21
Att: 4~5
Def: 30~31
Sdef: 30~31
Satt: 24~25
Speed: 24~25

My first Zekrom, at that. I plan to use Pokegen if I ever want to use a legend or anything really, so the legends are mere gems for me. This is a beautiful gem, though. Attack is low, but with those great IVs and Adamant nature, it's a beauty.

Go up thar with my Timid 18/31/18/31/20/31 Mewtwo and my Naughty/Modest Jirachi/Celebi. (Those are not Pokegenned)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'm doing a bug-type run. I've already beaten the E4 using 4 bugs under level 55, but I want to make a team of 6 competitive bugs to battle friends, wifi etc.

If anyone could recommend which bugs/moves to select (including non-Unova bugs) that would be greatly appreciated.
Volcarona (sweeper, fire coverage and immunity)
Forretress (hazards/spin, it sort of sucks now)
Scizor (go either SD or choiced revenger/scout, almost the same as last gen)
Accelgor (scout with U-Turn, revenger w/o priority)
Heracross (sort of boring)
Yanmega (Tinted Lens to account for resistance)
Bug type Arceus

Maybe put Galvantula in there if you want good electric coverage. It's a bug team, don't expect too much of it. Quiver Dance Tinted Lens Venomoth would be cool if you can nab one.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Do it x10

It'll work out for you better in the long run with having a Reuniclus rather than having a Mursharna.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
zoroark is such a troll
i just fought someone with a conkeldurr that vomited flames everywhere via flamethrower lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Do it x10

It'll work out for you better in the long run with having a Reuniclus rather than having a Mursharna.
Well, that depends on how far in you are, since the accidentally EV trained Mursharna might have higher stats.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thinking of dropping my Munna for Solosis. Opinions?
I'd definitely do it.

Then again, that's exactly what I did do. Used Munna/Musharna until MK traded me a Solosis and dropped Musharna once I got it.

Musharna worked decently well for me, but Reuniclus is statistically better and...more importantly, cellular-thing > dream elephant. :p

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Thinking of dropping my Munna for Solosis. Opinions?
Go for it I did the exact same did in my white playthrough cause Munna wasn't doing it for me cause it kept on getting criticals on it and getting one shot all the time. The only thing I liked about it is yawn and that's it. If you do get a Solosis, you won't get any decent attack moves till Psyshock and that is around the time it evolves at lvl 31-33 but before then you will have similar problems with Munna but once it fully evolves at lvl 42-43 into Reuniculus you wont regret it and **** pokes especially if you got a modest nature with magic guard like I did.;)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
checking out the fossils and while Archeo-whatsit is strong, don't really want it on my team. Is Tirtouga any good, or at least better than the water/ground toad?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Archeops has the most ridiculous movepool...Acrobatics, Crunch and U-Turn without TMs, Rock Slide and Stone Edge...he's basically a super sweeper...

I used Acrobatics on the E4's Cof@grius and lost Defeatist. lulz you can't trade Cof@grius online because of his name, gg Nintendo

The water/ground toad is super mediocre, Tirtouga is slow and rather powerful, sort of like Ferroseed or Snorlax (though not quite as slow or powerful as those two). I would still go Archeops.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Normally, I would agree with Archeops being a better choice, but his ability just literally makes him about as good as Regigigas would be without Slow Start. Take a hit, lose power. Gay ****, and I do not approve.

Top Bottom