• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Where do you revive Pokemon in fossils?

I think I have the turtle's fossil and I'm starting to get bored of Wotter so I want a replacement

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Fishing mechanics is is similar to how it was Gens III and IV. If you are surfing, you can fish in any adjacent square as long as their is water there.

Just as you can fish in one area and get different pokemon than you would if you surfed on that exact spot, the special spot in the water will be treated differently if you fish there rather than surf there.

Long story short, yes, you have to be next to it, not on it. The "hook" has to be in that spot.

The routes are actually very diverse in water pokemon with these spots. The closest water area from route 1, in numerical order, is route 4, and I've found relicanth, kingler, and huntail here.
THERE******************

It's not that ****ing hard.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Don't blame me, blame iPhone auto-correct and auto fill-in.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Brownie points for quoting a full post for a slight mishap though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Where the **** is that there that he's correcting?
Fishing mechanics is is similar to how it was Gens III and IV. If you are surfing, you can fish in any adjacent square as long as their is water there.

Just as you can fish in one area and get different pokemon than you would if you surfed on that exact spot, the special spot in the water will be treated differently if you fish there rather than surf there.

Long story short, yes, you have to be next to it, not on it. The "hook" has to be in that spot.

The routes are actually very diverse in water pokemon with these spots. The closest water area from route 1, in numerical order, is route 4, and I've found relicanth, kingler, and huntail here.
Bold .

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just hatched my in-game Larvesta egg (on Skyarrow Bridge, great for biking!).

It's got 31 Special Attack IVs...and it's Adamant! For some reason, Larvesta's Attack is higher than its Sp. Attack, and even higher than Volcarona's Attack.

I think I'm gonna raise a Larvesta and not evolve it for the lols.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
...You quoted someone over the word "their"? Seems a bit extreme, no?

Anyways my lv48 Haxorous showed Iris Action Replays are not welcome!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
This game crit-hax me all the time. I fought Morimoto last night and at least once per pogey he hit me with a crit. What a jerk.

Got bored of grinding in Black. I started White and got my first gym badge. Gonna go with an entirely new team this time. Pretty stoked for this playthrough.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ =((( But I wanted to be your hero.

So this is what my team is going to be for E4

~Lv50 Serperior (Slyther)
Naughty, 252Spatt/252Speed

~Lv50 Haxorous (Fang)
Jolly, 252Att/252Speed

~Lv50Archeops (Chimera)
Jolly, 252Att/252Speed

~Lv50Zoroark (Feign)
Naughty, 252Spatt/252Speed

~lv50Simipour (Squirt)
Timid, 252Spatt/252Speed

~Lv52Scrafty (Shimmy)
Adamant, 252Att/252Speed

They all have great IVs, and their movepools don't even matter. E4 doesn't stand a chance.

Edit: My Youbue vids on the compilation thread now show all 8 gyms, and a Bianca/N battle. You can see my 8th gym pwnege.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, Steelia got to me first and we didn't lag out as badly as you and I did so I ended up getting my Roob and my Rufflet now Wargle :/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Wargle is a bad Staraptor.

So I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run of White and so far I've been getting terrible natures/abilities/etc. Really makes the term "Pokemon Hard Version." true.

I just beat the 3rd gym. My team is currently:

"Dawg"
Lv.27 Herdier
Naive/Sand Rush
Leer
Take Down
Odor Sleuth
Crunch

"Derp"
Lv.25 Gurdurr (Someone willing to evolve this for me?)
Guts/Calm
Rock Throw
Work Up
Wake-Up Slap
Low Kick

"Smugleaf"
Lv.25 Servine
Overgrow/Mild
Cut
Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed
Growth

"Loli"
Lv.22 Petilil
Chlorophyll/Rash
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Meda Drain

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alder alone is harder than the rest of the elite 4

i'll be able to beat him really soon though. im making it to him without items every time now

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Wargle is a bad Staraptor.

So I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run of White and so far I've been getting terrible natures/abilities/etc. Really makes the term "Pokemon Hard Version." true.

"Dawg"
Lv.27 Herdier
Naive/Sand Rush
Leer
Take Down
Odor Sleuth
Crunch

"Derp"
Lv.25 Gurdurr (Someone willing to evolve this for me?)
Guts/Calm
Rock Throw
Work Up
Wake-Up Slap
Low Kick

"Smugleaf"
Lv.25 Servine
Overgrow/Mild
Cut
Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed
Growth

"Loli"
Lv.22 Petilil
Chlorophyll/Rash
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Meda Drain
Better to leave it alone and give it evolite. I'm almost not joking.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
current team... tryna beat the elite 4, having trouble with alder. i generally dont use items. once i beat em once, i'll change the battle style in my game from shift to set (aka no switching after ko's) then ill try again.

lilligant - lv 83
emboar - lv 65
chandelure - lv 70
volcarona - lv 72 (yes, i really did get over its ugliness)
hydreigon - lv 64
krookodile - lv 74

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
iirc it's somewhere in the huge-*** city of castelia

can probably google it though, sry if im wrong

edit: yup, castelia. i just forgot which building.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Alder wasn't too tough, actually. Beat him twice so far. Still need items though because of boo boo *** critical hits.

[collapse=My Team (currently)]
I never nickname pokemon.

Serperior
Lv.80
@Lucky Egg
Naughty
Overgrow
Slam, Coil, Leaf Blade, Leech Seed

Braviary
Lv.72
@ N/A
Bashful
Sheer Force
Thrash, Fly, Superpower, Brave Bird

Krookodile
Lv.71
@BlackGlasses
Brave
Intimidate
Brick Break, Outrage, Crunch, Earthquake

Haxorus
Lv.73
@ N/A
Naughty
Mold Breaker
Swords Dance, Slash, Earthquake, Outrage[/collapse]

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I beat the Elite4 (uploading Vids soon)

My experience was unexpected. My good natured, EVed, IVed Pokemon actually had to try, and they were 50~52! I threw Zoroark at the Ghost E4, and he needed the assistance of Simipour/Serperior to finish it. Then, at the fighting E4, Archeops got hit with a Stone Edge from the Pokemon with Sturdy, making him fall to Conkeledurr(sp) (Stupid defeatist) This again, required the assistance of Serperior/Simipour to finish the fight. The Psychic E4 fell fast to Haxorous though, and the Dark E4 member was no match for Scrafty. All in all it was pretty rough.

Like how at N's castle all the gym leader's showed up except the first ones (the ones with the monkeys..)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Now that I've found where the Shuckle are, I kinda want to catch a good-natured one and just screw around with Power Share, lol.

Are there any trainers aside from Cheren, the E4, and the players in the Little and Big Stadiums in Nimbasa Town that I can use to train my Pokemon to the 70s?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just beat the E4.

I started the E4 with everyone at level 50 save for Haxorus (lv. 52) and Volcarona (lv. 60), here's what my final team ended up being:

@ Level 51
Emboar (Avril)
- Flamethrower
- Arm Thrust
- Heat Crash
- Scald

@ Level 52
Reuniclus (Catalyst)
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

@ Level 51
Carracosta (Invented)
- Bulldoze
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Surf

@ Level 54
Haxorus (Jambi)
- Dragon Dance
- X-Scissor
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw

@ Level 62
Volcarona (Union Maid)
- Heat Wave
- Quiver Dance
- Silver Wind
- Wild Charge

@ Level 50
Golurk (TickyTacky)
- Shadow Punch
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Battle:

Gotta say, I actually found the E4 to be fairly challenging. I don't know if my team was just planned in the worst way possible or what, but the move diversity on their Pokémon was ridiculously able to shut down my Pokémon. Still managed to beat them without too much trouble, but I had to do a fair amount of healing in between each member.

What surprised me was that it was the rest of the end that I found easiest. Reshiram was a piece of cake to catch. I mean, I had to restart twice because I expected it to hold up against Haxorus's Dragon Claw and Golurk's EQ better than it did (both OHKO'd it >_>), but then I just hit it with two Shadow Claws and threw a Quick Ball and caught it.

N was ridiculously easy for me. I OHKO'd Zekrom with Dragon Claw, OHKO'd Vanilluxe (I found it hilarious that this boss-type character had an ice cream cone, by the way), and 2HKO'd Archeops and Carracosta. I sent out Volcarona against Zoroark, thinking it was Klinklang, and though the fact that it didn't make the "super-effective" noise confused me, Heat Wave still OHKO'd it. Then it showed that it was Zoroark and I realized why. XD Then I repeated the same on the ACTUAL Klinklang.

Ghetsis was slightly more difficult, but I still found him to be relatively easy. Co***rigus Toxic'd Haxorus, but I still took it down without too much trouble. Took down Hydreigon pretty easily with Volcarona's Silver Wind, OHKO'd Bisharp with Heat Wave, and Haxorus handled Seismitoad pretty well with Dragon Claw (though I had to use a Full Restore due to poison damage combined with attacks that had built up). I got really lucky with Bouffalant, because Emboar's Arm Thrust hit five times and two of the five were crits. Didn't even give it a chance to move. I totally ****ed up on Eelektross and forgot that it had Levitate until I'd already sent out Golurk against it, and I figured it wasn't worth switching it out even though it survived a Crunch, so I lost it, but again Haxorus + Dragon Claw easily took care of it.

Thoughts:

In general, I love how they handled the whole thing. I was initially thrown off that the E4 wasn't ordered as usual, but I think it's nice that they got rid of the rigid structure. I was expecting something to go awry to some extent, but I didn't quite expect the whole N's Castle thing. I love that they changed it from catching the legendary of the game before the last badge and finishing off the evil team at the same time, making it so that everything comes to a peak at the Pokémon League and the plot isn't already done.

N and Ghetsis were developed really well as characters in my opinion -- I disliked N for most of the game because he was kind of a douchebag, but at the climax I came to like him and loathe Ghetsis even more than I already did. I'm also glad that they ultimately showed Team Plasma to be far more sinister than just releasing people's Pokémon, especially since whether or not it's right for Pokémon to be trapped like that is actually somewhat of a legitimate concern from my perspective.

One last thing, I like that the games actually address an issue that I find to be truly relevant in the real world; respecting the fact that other opinions exist and yours is not the only one, nor is there a right one to have. Black and White overall work on a much more mature level than Pokémon games usually do, really. And I absolutely love that the names have a significance, in N's line that he wants to separate humans and Pokémon like they're black and white, and it's not just a matter of "Oh look, there's a diamond embedded in the chest of this weird thing that controls time, let's call the game 'Diamond'".

On a random note, N's room is straight out of a horror movie, seriously.

Wow, I wrote way more than I intended to with that.

In any case, I'll have to continue with the game and play through some of the post-E4 content in order to say for sure, but right now it seems to be a very real possibility that fifth gen will become my favorite.

Oh, and I absolutely love Volcarona. It's quickly become one of my favorite Pokémon of all time.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
...I don't see how you guys found the E4 challenge on your first go <_< I hugely overestimated the levels that I THOUGHT I would run in to, so I ended up doing the E4 with all lv55+ pokemon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well for one thing, didn't you just answer part of the question yourself? You overestimated what you would end up facing and tackled the whole thing with all level 55+ Pokémon. When you overestimate what you're going to face, you're pretty much guaranteed to find it much less challenging overall because you A) prepare more thoroughly and B) are expecting more of a challenge than you get.

I knew it was possible to do it with level 50 Pokémon so I only had two above that -- Volcarona since I wanted to evolve it, and Haxorus because that just naturally happened from doing the entire eighth gym solo.

For another thing, for me it was due to a combination of bad team planning and diverse movesets on the E4. All of their Pokémon have moves that stretch far outside of their specific type, and in planning out my team I had multiple cases of a move on a Pokémon that would require me to send it out against something that could kill it in order to most effectively use it, e.g. I couldn't very easily use Shadow Ball on Reuniclus against Ghost types because they could launch a Ghost-type attack right back at me.

I didn't come close to losing against any of them, but they did a decent amount of damage in each match and there were multiple cases where I threw out a Pokémon hoping I could move faster or at least take a hit because they had a move that was good against me.

I don't really regret it though, I planned out my ideal team with Pokémon I liked and it worked out in the end, whatever difficulties I may have ended up facing. Plus, I had no trouble with
N or Ghetsis
in that regard.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

All in the twenties
I'm doing the same. Omg stop grinding so hard, my team is barely in the teens, besides my Pignite.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
....Uhm, the ****?!
Yup. :troll:

Flying golems are awesome.

It does say in its 'Dex description that it flies through the air, so it actually does make some sense. But you can check Serebii if you don't believe me, it really does learn it legitimately.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Apparently this game is good. Yall shouldnt grind, ruins it. But my friend is saying hes trying to catch all the guys so it must be pretty good...

Top Bottom