• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters
Then how does Deoxys change forms in D/P?
if you catch a deoxys in ruby and sapphire it will be in its normal form, if you transfer it to fire red it will be in attack form, if you transfer it to leaf green it will go into defense mode, in emerald its speed form.

In D/P there are rocks that you go up to that will change deoxys' form

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
If this isn't good back-up for Lucario, I don't know what is.
Absolute proof of 4th generation inclusion!
honestly why do so many people think lucario should be in? i mean i dont have anything against it or pokemon in general but i dont see what the big deal about lucario is. i mean he's not the icon that pikachu is nor is he some uber powerful thing like mewtwo. jigglypuff was included in the 64 and melee versions probably b/c she was 2nd to pikachu in popularity in japan back then. i mean sure lucario had a movie and stuff but i mean he hasnt been really THAT influential in the grand scheme of things. i mean sure you could make the argument hes 4th generation but so are a bunch of other cool pokemon. personally i would rather have some obscure but cool character like Geno or Capt. Olimar (if they made him right) before another pokemon character was included.... but thats just me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Deoxys is just a poor excuse so that Mewtwo wouldn't be the most powerful of pokemon...

He still has the best stats overall and until Deoxys can actually transform IN Battle, he isn't worthy of acknowledgement...

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Deoxys is just a poor excuse so that Mewtwo wouldn't be the most powerful of pokemon...

He still has the best stats overall and until Deoxys can actually transform IN Battle, he isn't worthy of acknowledgement...
If you're talking about competetive play, then no. Pretty much nothing switches into Deoxys-F safely. Also Mewtwo ties in base stats with the likes of Groudon and Dialga at 680. Arceus has the highest BST at 720.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you're talking about competetive play, then no. Pretty much nothing switches into Deoxys-F safely. Also Mewtwo ties in base stats with the likes of Groudon and Dialga at 680. Arceus has the highest BST at 720.
No, I'm not and of course I'm not including Arceus because he's the GOD pokemon and isn't even available in U.S.A.

No, I'm not and of course I'm not including Arceus because he's the GOD pokemon and isn't even available in U.S.A.
Lol what a pathetic save... First of all you were talking about battles cause you said if deoxys could change in battle... Secondly Arcues isn't available anywhere... Not in japan, not in the Usa, not anywhere

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Lol your funny Deoxys can ohko mewtwo
Defender HP: 363
Move Damage: 353 - 415
Damage: 97.25% - 114.33%

Deoxys needs Choice Specs, and Max+ SAtk to average an OHKO on a Mewtwo with 40 HP EVs using Shadow Ball. Tough luck for LO and Sash variants.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol what a pathetic save... First of all you were talking about battles cause you said if deoxys could change in battle... Secondly Arcues isn't available anywhere... Not in japan, not in the Usa, not anywhere
I wasn't talking about battles

and Deoxys has nothing on Mewtwo...

His design is poor, his story is stupid...he's not even intimidating...

and **** if I care about competitive play

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I personally dont like deoxys and mewtwo is defintely cooler than him IMO. Also a properly EV trained deoxys with max IVs can rip just about any pokemon apart, but any poke with a strong priority move will cause trouble for deoxys. I know arceus isnt officially released but i do have one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not than Porygon-Z...

No one can rise to that level of greatness...

He's beyond most people's comprehension...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
not in a battle but in a cute contes and a unique contest shed win
...cute...no, just look at that virus infested insane porygon-Z...So cute <3!!!

Unique? Eevee looks like a mutant fox...Porygon-Z is the only Virtual Pokemon...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
can porygon-z prey much have all types at his disposal?
i have a pory-z i like him dont get me wrong but i was wonderin what would he do?
Porygon-Z can switch his type to anything he wants so he really doesn't need all those evolutions eevee has...

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai decides to keep Lucario out of Brawl, a lot of people (including myself) would be very upset. Lucario has become so popular, he's become an icon for Pokemon. If you don't believe me, just watch those Pokemon Sunday shows from Japan. Every episode will show Lucario as a character on the show.

If Sakurai does actually allow Lucario to be in the game, they can just release the game right now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Sakurai decides to keep Lucario out of Brawl, a lot of people (including myself) would be very upset. Lucario has become so popular, he's become an icon for Pokemon. If you don't believe me, just watch those Pokemon Sunday shows from Japan. Every episode will show Lucario as a character on the show.

If Sakurai does actually allow Lucario to be in the game, they can just release the game right now.
Lucario is FAR from a Pokemon icon...

Only TIME will make him an icon, not initial popularity

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Lucario fans should not delude themselves into thinking that Lucario has become an icon just yet. A few more years need to pass by for that.

rayecho

Smash Ace
its not that Lucario needs to be an icon, just really popular to get into the game. Meowth and Dragonite are icons, but they won't get into Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
its not that Lucario needs to be an icon, just really popular to get into the game. Meowth and Dragonite are icons, but they won't get into Brawl.
I never said he wouldn't...I was just arguing that he is not an icon

soo!?!:mad:

i never said they did...(replying to psycho, to lazy to quote :D)
THat's what we were discussing though when you entered

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Frankly, if our criterion is being an icon, Jiggs gets cut, Mewtwo returns, and Meowth is added. But I don't see things going in that direction. NO POKEMON FROM THE LATER GENERATIONS IS ICONIC IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD!

rayecho

Smash Ace
Frankly, if our criterion is being an icon, Jiggs gets cut, Mewtwo returns, and Meowth is added. But I don't see things going in that direction. NO POKEMON FROM THE LATER GENERATIONS IS ICONIC IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD!
iconic??? :confused: then i hope that the makers of Brawl won't base it off of an icon.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion

What? Lucario does not appear in every episode of Pokemon Sunday. o_o;

Top Bottom