• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
How is Meowth worthless? He's number 2 behind Pikachu when it comes to being in an amount of anime episodes. He's been in every episode except the first, and had numerous episodes about him. If people weren't so determined to have a fourth gen rep, I'd say Meowth would be perfect.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
How is Meowth worthless? He's number 2 behind Pikachu when it comes to being in an amount of anime episodes. He's been in every episode except the first, and had numerous episodes about him. If people weren't so determined to have a fourth gen rep, I'd say Meowth would be perfect.
Well, if Meowth is included in Brawl, that would be another 1st-generation Pokemon in the game. As quoted by Sariku.Uchiha in the latest episode of Who's In on SMYN, "Sakurai should know this is stupid. While many people believe that the first generation is the best, there are great Pokemon in the other games too; Lucario being on of the best."

Besides, the only moves we have seen Meowth do in the anime is Scratch, which is a pretty useless technique, to be honest...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Just looking at Lucario (and glancing at his moveset possibilities when I played Pearl for a few months), I feel that he could have a decent moveset to use in Brawl. I wouldn't be upset if he's in the game. Not enough of a Pokemon fan anymore to care if he isn't in Brawl, either.

Someone made a good point in that he was unveiled rather recently, though there's probably been enough time if you count pre-release, for them to build a moveset for him in Brawl. And of course both are Nintendo games, so they could've pulled the ol' "This is one of our new Pokemon that we're gonna hype, see if you can include him" as both games are basically first-party titles.

Honestly, I don't care what Pokemon make it in or not, as long as their combat ability doesn't blow (looking at you, Mewtwo) in Smash.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I know I've been an ardent defender of Lucario, but if I could ditch Lucario and put Meowth in Brawl, I'd do it in an instant. DO NOT DISS MEOWTH.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Just looking at Lucario (and glancing at his moveset possibilities when I played Pearl for a few months), I feel that he could have a decent moveset to use in Brawl. I wouldn't be upset if he's in the game. Not enough of a Pokemon fan anymore to care if he isn't in Brawl, either.

Someone made a good point in that he was unveiled rather recently, though there's probably been enough time if you count pre-release, for them to build a moveset for him in Brawl. And of course both are Nintendo games, so they could've pulled the ol' "This is one of our new Pokemon that we're gonna hype, see if you can include him" as both games are basically first-party titles.

Honestly, I don't care what Pokemon make it in or not, as long as their combat ability doesn't blow (looking at you, Mewtwo) in Smash.
I don't recall Lucario being unveiled in Brawl recently. Can you be a bit more specific?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He didn't mean in brawl XS

And Pokemon D&P came out more than 11 months ago in Japan not to mention HIS movie coming out before that.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
He didn't mean in brawl XS

And Pokemon D&P came out more than 11 months ago in Japan not to mention HIS movie coming out before that.
Only muchlax, bonsly, and i think mime jr. were revealed before him and hes been around for about two years now if you count his movie appearance, plus he would be a way better playable character than meowth.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
ok we have talked enoghu about the "4th gen" now who is goign to rep the "3rd gen"? Blaze
See my sig for my preference for a 3rd gen rep, personally :p. But yeah, Blaze might have a chance if they do decide to "represent 3rd gen", if he's as popular as people say he is (dunno that, never known anyone who really liked the guy other than being rather efficient in combat, but I'm not going to doubt people without concrete proof, right? :)). Whether they'll decide they need that rep... that's up to Sakurai, and up to now he's been so darn random trying to predict him is kinda pointless.

kaid

Smash Master
Blaze CAN'T rep the 3rd gen UNLESS they make a Rival character, using Mudkip, the grass starter, and Blaze.

Trainer effectively confirmed the fanrule "one starter of a generation can't get in without the others"

Black/Light

Smash Master
Blaze CAN'T rep the 3rd gen UNLESS they make a Rival character, using Mudkip, the grass starter, and Blaze.
Don't claim that as fact buddy.

Trainer effectively confirmed the fanrule "one starter of a generation can't get in without the others"
Again, pokemon's hero was choosen and they wanted to give him pokemon to summon. . . who better than his gens starters? MAYBE you would be correct if there where no trainer in the picture and the 3 starters had nothing to do with each other (as in, where not 3 in 1) but thats not the case.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I agree with kaid. Adding just one starter is simply not fair because they're part of a triad. Excluding the other two is just not right. I feel that Sakurai agrees with that admittedly sentimental idea.
The Pokemon Trainer seems to me like he was created two kill two birds with one stone: Make the actual main character playable and find a fair way to implement the well-loved Squirtle and Charizard ( and maybe Bulbasaur? ).
This idea of balance can still be found within the character(s): You have Squirtle and Charizard, who are, as far as I know, rather popular. Bulbasaur isn't quite as popular and was made into Ivysaur to maintain a sort of balance in the evolutions. Someone who failed to realize that Ivysaur wasn't in its unevolved form pointed out that it's not fair to have only Charizard fully evolved.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I agree with kaid. Adding just one starter is simply not fair because they're part of a triad. Excluding the other two is just not right. I feel that Sakurai agrees with that admittedly sentimental idea.
The Pokemon Trainer seems to me like he was created two kill two birds with one stone: Make the actual main character playable and find a fair way to implement the well-loved Squirtle and Charizard ( and maybe Bulbasaur? ).
This idea of balance can still be found within the character(s): You have Squirtle and Charizard, who are, as far as I know, rather popular. Bulbasaur isn't quite as popular and was made into Ivysaur to maintain a sort of balance in the evolutions. Someone who failed to realize that Ivysaur wasn't in its unevolved form pointed out that it's not fair to have only Charizard fully evolved.
I could say adding pichu was not right cause of them not adding raichu

and i do not go bye the FAN made rules, i go by my instinct

rayecho

Smash Ace

The trainer was confirmed the "fanrule" and they did make poke'trainer as a character. Now its time to put other SINGLE pokemon in the game. so who does that leave to rep. The third generation. BLAZIKEN

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I dont get why everyone likes blaze so much cause infernape is way better as a fire/fighting type and swampert is the best starter from the 3rd gen anyway, competitively speaking.

rayecho

Smash Ace
I dont get why everyone likes blaze so much cause infernape is way better as a fire/fighting type and swampert is the best starter from the 3rd gen anyway, competitively speaking.
its not the status, but just how the pokemon appeals to the person.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken was least used competetively. :p
Swampert was almost everywhere, and Sceptile was very popular for Leaf Blade and other wonderful thingamajigs.
Not that the competetive scene is particularly relevant, just a way in which Blaziken is inferior to the glory that is Sceptile.
Though obviously the 4th generation starters are the sexiest.
Actually, all the sexiest Pokemon are in the 4th generation, except for Octillery and Quagsire. Especially the SEXPLODING SKUNK, Skuntank. The durn thing needs to be in a Poke Ball in Brawl.
But back to the alleged "main pointy thingy", Ballsickhen sux.
Personally, I don't think the 3rd generation is really spiffy enough to get representation.
So I have now decided that the 4th generation gets TWO SPOTS!
Lucario, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....Pachirisu.
Yes, you heard me, Pachirisu. The electric squirrel!
Replaces Pichu with minimum fuss. And makes me happy. And everyone else very angry.
I wuvs teh skwirrel....

Fawriel

Smash Master
Skarmory-Blissey tag-team for Brawl? o_0

I'm confused.
Do some of you seriously think that being overused in the metagame is something that makes a Pokemon worthy of a Brawl spot, or are you just rambling?

deebz435

Smash Journeyman

I'm confused.
Do some of you seriously think that being overused in the metagame is something that makes a Pokemon worthy of a Brawl spot, or are you just rambling?
Thats a good point, but the only exception would be lucario cause hes pretty popular in the metagame and hes the most wanted for brawl. As far as my previous statement goes i was just pointing it out there cause blaziken doesnt appeal to me that much. And yes i am rambling for the sake of rambling.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

I'm confused.

Lol, hahaha so many n00bs (those who played RSE) would clause the crap out that. It's hilarious. Oh well in D/P they're not as effective as they were before; Lucario can 2HKO Blissey with Choice Specs Aura Sphere, iirc it's the only pokemon that can 2HKO Blissey with a special attacks, well mayble Alakazam with Focus Blast but 70% acc hurts it. Oh I'm rambling now lol. =/

-Knight

Thats a good point, but the only exception would be lucario cause hes pretty popular in the metagame and hes the most wanted for brawl. As far as my previous statement goes i was just pointing it out there cause blaziken doesnt appeal to me that much. And yes i am rambling for the sake of rambling.
Lucario isn't popular in the metagame he's a horrible pokemon and has horrible stats and i hope he dies in a fire.

Seriously... He is not good in competitive play... he can 2hko blissey with choice specs aura sphere but who would be stupid enough to leave blissey in? They'll probably switch in a Gengar and then gengar just gets a free switch in and will hypnotize the next pokemon you send out.

Anywho Blaziken also sucks as a pokemon for whoever said that. He is horrible he has bad defensive stats and a bad speed rating. Infernape is better than him in everything except reversaling but that's even more of a liability this gen cause of the boost that Sandstream got.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Lucario isn't popular in the metagame he's a horrible pokemon and has horrible stats and i hope he dies in a fire.
So just because you don't like him that automaticly makes him unpopular? Have you ever played Wifi DP or the shoddybattle sim? Lucario is seen very often. Why are his stats "horrible" as you say? They're very well focused the only thing Lucario may lack in is speed due to his 90 base.

I bet you can predict a Lucario 100% of the time because he's movepool is so predictable right? x_X

Seriously... He is not good in competitive play... he can 2hko blissey with choice specs aura sphere but who would be stupid enough to leave blissey in? They'll probably switch in a Gengar and then gengar just gets a free switch in and will hypnotize the next pokemon you send out.
Lucario predicts the switch to Gengar and he get's killed by the oncoming Dark Pulse. Please stop using senerios like that. It doesn't get you anywhere because x pokemon can counter y pokemon and x pokemon beats y pokemon with x prediction.

I feel like the Lucario hate is almost unwarranted. I get the impression that you don't like Lucario just because he's a popular pokemon like Pikachu. Unlike Pikachu he can be used in OU play effectively.

-Knight

MysticKenji

Smash Master
We all know that Mudkip is by far the most popular 3rd gen pokemon so he should playable duh!
so...i herd you liek mudkipz?

lolwut?

Lucario is popular in the metagame...but he's not severly OU, like Blissey

Lucario predicts the switch and uses Dark Pulse.
Mindgames, son.

Anywho Blaziken also sucks as a pokemon for whoever said that. He is horrible he has bad defensive stats and a bad speed rating. Infernape is better than him in everything except reversaling but that's even more of a liability this gen cause of the boost that Sandstream got.
Ture, but pokemon don't get in Smash Bros. because of stats.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
The only third gen rep I can think of who's popular may be Gardevoir. Blaziken is popular yes, but it has the problem of the other two 3rd gen starters.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice

Are you freaking kidding me? Blazekin is awesome! Just teach it Blaze Kick, Slash, Sky Uppercut, and Hyper Beam and it powns. And what are you talking about for the speed thing? Blaziken is a red blur! It's faster than many other Pokemon out there. If you've ever mastered Pokemon (like me) you know Sleep sucks, especially sing and hypnosis, because opponents wake up fast and move on the same turn. Also, Sing and Hypnosis are horribly innacurate, and Lucario would kill Gengar in one hit. If your going to raise a Gengar, teach it Psychic and Shadow Ball and take advantage of its huge Special Attack. Hypnosis and Dream Eater suck.

Another thing-Lucario is A) awesome and well balanced B) really popular C) talks D) legendary.
what more do you want?
I supported eevee because it was my personal favorite, but Lucario is so much better, for Pokemon, and for Brawl.

In addition, Infernape (sorry infernape fans out there) is ugly in my opinion. Plus I haven't played Diamond/Pearl yet, so Lucario is the only one i could possibly be psyched about. I am a Pokemon: Crystal Version player at heart, and if they remade crystal fo rthe DS, I would reserve 12+ copies. Just in case one breaks. And I'd have a different team for each file.

Yeah, I'm rambling. I just hope I've made apoint here.

Top Bottom