• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Are you freaking kidding me? Blazekin is awesome! Just teach it Blaze Kick, Slash, Sky Uppercut, and Hyper Beam and it powns. If you've ever mastered Pokemon (like me) you know Sleep sucks, especially sing and hypnosis, because opponents wake up fast and move on the same turn. Also, Sing and Hypnosis are horribly innacurate, and Lucario would kill Gengar in one hit. If your going to raise a Gengar, teach it Psychic and Shadow Ball and take advantage of its huge Special Attack. Hypnosis and Dream Eater suck.
This made a huge chunk of me die inside. Aside from the Hypnosis/DE suck thing.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Most players like dream eater enough to deal with the hassel of hypnosis. Dream Eater isn't as good as killing your opponent in one move with psychic or shadow ball, is it? And hyper beam is great. Just put it on a big pokemon (I recomend Charizard), shoot it off at the opponent's strogest pokemon (do not do this to a ghost or rock/steel type), and take what? 5 damage? you could just switch out if it bothered you that much.....

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Most players like dream eater enough to deal with the hassel of hypnosis. Dream Eater isn't as good as killing your opponent in one move with psychic or shadow ball, is it? And hyper beam is great. Just put it on a big pokemon (I recomend Charizard), shoot it off at the opponent's strogest pokemon (do not do this to a ghost or rock/steel type), and take what? 5 damage? you could just switch out if it bothered you that much.....
You can't switch if you use Hyper Beam, and Charizard doesn't have enough SAtk to compensate for the downtime. Hyper Beam is set-up fodder, plain and simple.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I've no doubt about that, I'm just saying if you are dead set about giving one to Blaziken or Charizard, you might as well use the one they get the type bonus for.

I will not forgive bad people who give horrible advice to those who are willing to listen! For love and justice pretty Soldiers in Sailor suits! Sailor Moon! Sailor Chibi Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Yeah i had to say that but anyway... Don't listen to Onilink everyone. Sing and Hypnosis are very good, sing has that shaky accuracy but it can be handy so you pokemon actually have something to worry about when they switch into you. Hypnosis is VERY good cause of the accuracy boost it got in the fourth gen. Dream Eater is HORRIBLE dont' ever put it on anything. No good player would. Dream Eater only works if the foe is asleep and if they are they can just switch out so don't ever put it on anything. Hyper Beam is bad on everything... EVERYTHING! The downtime is well let a Garchomp come in and Swords dance in your face while you have to recharge and destroy the rest of your team with Outrage!

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I will not forgive bad people who give horrible advice to those who are willing to listen! For love and justice pretty Soldiers in Sailor suits! Sailor Moon! Sailor Chibi Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Yeah i had to say that but anyway... Don't listen to Onilink everyone. Sing and Hypnosis are very good, sing has that shaky accuracy but it can be handy so you pokemon actually have something to worry about when they switch into you. Hypnosis is VERY good cause of the accuracy boost it got in the fourth gen. Dream Eater is HORRIBLE dont' ever put it on anything. No good player would. Dream Eater only works if the foe is asleep and if they are they can just switch out so don't ever put it on anything. Hyper Beam is bad on everything... EVERYTHING! The downtime is well let a Garchomp come in and Swords dance in your face while you have to recharge and destroy the rest of your team with Outrage!
Ok you made good points on battling but we should change the subject... MAGIKARP FOR BRAWL!!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Hyper Beam is only good on one Pokémon. Porygon Z. With Adaptability Porygon Z can boost Hyper Beam's power and destroy. Even then it is risky since it is inaccurate.

Hypnosis is an amazing move. Sleep is very unpredictable. I've seen a Pokémon sleep for 2 turns and another sleep for 12. Its base accuracy is 70, attach a wide lense to your Pokémon and the accuracy is boosted to 95. Having Nightmare and dream Eater in you attack arsenal helps you inflict tons of damage. So no Hypnosis doesn't suck.

Also Flamethrower is good move for Charizard, but he can also learn Flare Blitz or Heat Wave. Both are powerful fire type moves. Blast Burn is good but the turn used up for rest could be used to attack again..so it's not worth it.

Blaziken- Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
Brave Bird/Stone Edge
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut
Swords Dance

Better Moveset.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Sing got an accuracy boost in forth gen? well that completely destroys my argument. And I thought you were talking about Hypnosis/Dream Eater... Whatever disregard what i said, I was talking about First/Second/Third gen i which sing/hypnosis only had 55 accuaracy.... wow, im an idiot.... anyways, I still like hyper beam, and yes i do put blast burn on my charizard in firered. and its not like you use hyper beam every turn (although i did do that once when i was bored =D) i use it on water, fire, and dragon pokemon when blast burn doesnt cut it. if you raise your charizard/blazekin alot give it all the vitamins you can (basically what i did) hyper beam becomes much better.

I've also done the same thing to venusaur, sceptile, swampert, and balstoise.... so whatever.

Deebz435 said:
MAGIKARP FOR BRAWL!!
I wonder what magikarp's moveset would be?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sigh...

why the heck is it always Blaziken? Why not Infernape or Typhlo...

never mind... just... Blaziken would be slow, like in the games, but Infernape would be Fox fast! And Infernape would kill Blaziken because of the equally bad defensive stats. Infernape could use on Earthquake and it'd be over.

INFERNAPE OVER BLAZIKEN FOR BRAWL!!!

smashbot226

Smash Master
I wasn't there for that...

Anyway, why Infernape would pwn over Blaziken:

1) Would use ALL his limbs, while Blaziken would primarily use kicks.

2) Is a god **** monkey for crying out loud, while Blaziken is a.......

3) IS IMO better than Blaziken.

4) Would be a speedy but powerful addition.

And finally...

5) I posted a face off on a serebiiforums.com and this is how it turned out:

There were one hundred voters:

Infernape: 72%

Blaziken: 28%

There you have it...

INFERNAPE FOR BRAWL!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Sing got an accuracy boost in forth gen? well that completely destroys my argument. And I thought you were talking about Hypnosis/Dream Eater... Whatever disregard what i said, I was talking about First/Second/Third gen i which sing/hypnosis only had 55 accuaracy.... wow, im an idiot.... anyways, I still like hyper beam, and yes i do put blast burn on my charizard in firered. and its not like you use hyper beam every turn (although i did do that once when i was bored =D) i use it on water, fire, and dragon pokemon when blast burn doesnt cut it. if you raise your charizard/blazekin alot give it all the vitamins you can (basically what i did) hyper beam becomes much better.

I've also done the same thing to venusaur, sceptile, swampert, and balstoise.... so whatever.
Sing's Accuracy is 55%. Hypnosis is 70%.
Sing= Bad. Hypnosis = Good.

Also it's not the best idea to give a Pokémon all the vitamins. But that goes into EV training which I doubt you do..so yeah I won't go into it.

But Back onto Super Smash Bros. Brawl... since this is a forum for that game and not the Pokémon Metagame...

I think that either Blaziken, Lucario or Meowth stand the best chance at being the new character. Making a total of 5 Pokémon characters (Pikachu, PT, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and new Character).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Ah Infernape. I could see him being a pokeball pokemon. You summon him and he use's flare blitz and runs across the stage.

He'd never be playable though; when it comes to 4th gen reps Lucario beats him out.

-Knight

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In my opinion, Pichu>all except Mewtwo. I'm not talking about how they play out and their stats in Pokemon; I'm talking about what I generally think of them. Pichu barely has any chance of returning though, so I'm upset :(.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Thats not my point.

I'm saying Infernape > Blaziken.

Darkrai > Lucario > Infernape
Surely you don't expect them to be playable before Lucario? Lucario is more popular than either of them. Gamefreak it self is giving Lucario hype. A movie (Which Darkrai also has, however he hasn't has nearly enough time to establish a fan/popularity base when compared to Lucario.

Lucario is more popularity than either of them; your list should really be

Lucario> that's it because others really aren't worth mentioning.

-Knight

Mike966

Smash Cadet
I don't think we're getting any starters unless they make PT2 or somethin which would be great. Feraligatr Quilava and Chikorita!! ... but back to reality, I still think lucario is the best choice, meowth is very popular but with PT we have enough first gen popular pokemon.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
NO! Why did you closed the old thread if the new one is just as bad? Okay, this list isn't as huge and pointless, but there are still ALOT of pointless options in this list! Look at Sandshrew for example... Heck populair Pokémon as Charizard don't even deserve as much as being playable...
This list lacks Pokémon from the 4th generation too. >_<
Sakurai Lulz at you XD

Anyway, I voted lucario :/

Micahc

Smash Ace
Every time someone posts horrendously stupid about the Pokemon Metagame (dear god that made me sound like a nolifer...) a puppies face explodes.

Anyway, my vote went to Marowak, but seeing Cubone in the backround in Pokemon Stadium 2 kinda killed it for me. Nuts. SCIZOR FOR BRAWL!

What? Vain hope is always fun :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
The best possible Pokemon spin-off would be a Pokemon MMORPG with free-roaming in a giant world with Gyms and Pokemon and everything.

Of course, that would destroy more lives than the last big wars combined.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The best possible Pokemon spin-off would be a Pokemon MMORPG with free-roaming in a giant world with Gyms and Pokemon and everything.

Of course, that would destroy more lives than the last big wars combined.
Naa, I wouldn't call that a spin off as much as a "evolution" of the main games on the consoles. It would still be about capturing pokemon in the wild, battling gyms, doing contast, unlocking the "sercrets of w/e" and being the bestest trainer you could be just like the main games but just in MMORPG mode with real time and full 3D (I would hope).;)

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I wasn't there for that...

Anyway, why Infernape would pwn over Blaziken:

2) Is a god **** monkey for crying out loud, while Blaziken is a.......
Nothing..not even a God **** Monkey beats a Karate Fire Chicken... NOTHING.

Mewtwo deserves to return no matter what
Agreed.

In a perfect world Sakurai would work with GameFreak to make a pokemon fighting game in the style of smash. THAT would be the largest step in Pokemon spin offs so fare.:p
That would be so awesome.. Metapod would own everyone. I totally would love to fight as him...

Oh.. and in a unrelated comment this topic is on it's 251st page... CELEBI!

sorry..

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I agree with a spin-off Smash Bros. game with nothing but Pokemon characters. a good 1/2 of all existing pokemon would make fine smashers, and that's already well over the regular fighting game roster.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
yea...the stuff you said after black/light's quote was dumb and unessasary...
Sorry... I thought you had a sense of humor. Guess I was wrong. Thanks for telling me that it was dumb and unnecessary.. cause that was totally necessary.

Back on topic.

I think Blaziken would be a good choice for a Brawl Character. As I see it Pokémon deserves to get 5 PCs.
1. Pikachu- The Series Mascot
2. Jigglypuff- SSB Veteran
3. Mewtwo- SSBM Veteran
4. Pokémon Trainer- Represents First Gen
5. Lucario- 4th Gen Rep or Blaziken- 3rd Gen Rep Or both. That would be fine in my eyes.. others might not think so.

smashbot226

Smash Master
gyaaaaaa!!!!

Infernape deseres this more than Blazy! blaziken wasn't exactly the best starter ever, you know! Infernape would own Blazzy 50 times over!

Not that I'm saying Darkrai or Lucario don't the job, but Infernape would be amazing on his own or as a PKMN Trainer 2.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Bleagh. Blaziken sucks. I never got why it has such a fan following.
Lucario has the Hadou, the wave-guiding POWAHS!
And stars in the movie most fans consider the best.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Bleagh. Blaziken sucks. I never got why it has such a fan following.
Lucario has the Hadou, the wave-guiding POWAHS!
And stars in the movie most fans consider the best.
In fact, there are two things I'm wondering about:

1. Why is Blaziken so popular indeed?

2. Who or what considers that movie so awesome?
It could have to do with the fact that I watched the first and second movies long ago, but I just recently rewatched the first and still found it much better than Lucario's movie, which was just too full of cliches... although the tree of life is a pretty cool concept, I admit.

kaid

Smash Master
The Mewtwo movies and Lucario movie are the only decent ones, IMO. They're the only ones where you develope an emotional connection to the title pokemon.

Top Bottom