• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Can be change the voice of Link from OoT? Sry for my english...
There's this guy on these forums called Amazerommu that has done Melee SFX hacks, including Link. He intends to update them for 3.0 when it comes out. Depending on how the alt costume engine is set up, he'll either have it so all Link models (even ones that aren't the Melee model) will have Melee SFX, or he'll make the Brawl ones have the Brawl sounds, and the Melee models have the Melee sounds.

Here's a link to his work: http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...l-sfx-updated-for-2-6b-readyyyyyyy-go.335236/

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Shadow is a completely different character from Sonic, and I don't think a Shadow alt is going to happen.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
"Not every costume will come in multiple colors though — it may simply be a standalone costume! In these cases, that character could get multiple standalone costumes or even a mix of both",

Woah! So all those awesome ideas people had for Ness.... we could see all of them? O_O!!

I'm realizing now that choosing what I want my TL to look like in 3.0 is going to be impossible. It was already a pretty tough choice between blue, purple and LttP... but now that Outset TL too? Oh man, how am I supposed to choose?!?

Out of curiosity, I wonder if it's possible to pick Outset TL for a teams match? Would he only be an option on the blue team, or would it just not come up?

splat

Smash Lord
GOOD GOD I'M SO CONFUSED

What will happen to Toon Link? We saw him in a team battle, but he's not getting Outset recolors?
Will Dry Bowser get recolors? OoT Link? All the others?
Will Melee Fox have his Melee sounds? Can we edit the sounds ourselves if we'd want?
Does Pikachu have more hats? Or will it be multicolored party hats?
What will happen to characters with less than 6 costumes? Will they get bumped up to 12 as well?
Why is Fox' Blaster on his other leg? How does this work with his animations?
Will we see Pajama Ness?
When will Ted meet the mother?
EDIT: Is the ACE capable of adding 1 palette swap slot, or is it truly like Wario's - capable of only 6+6 slots?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm assuming this is true for cases like Dry Bowser where the colors are too ambiguous to create recolors.

And it looks like SFX were a special case with Mario then. I had figured that maybe the clone engine discoveries would allow them to apply that easily, but it must be a lot more difficult than that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ok, I just read the Project M entry on the official site about alternate costumes and all the work (and amount of creativity) that went into Dr. Mario, and I am even more hyped than before in regards to Project M.

This is absolutely amazing stuff.

The only suggestion I would like to make in regards to alternate costumes is that for Zero Suit Samus, that as a long time Metroid fan, her alternate costume should be based off of the original playable suitless Samus from the NES Metroid, with the green hair and red leotard. Not sure if that idea came up.

However, I am really, really excited that I will be able to play as Doc and the Hero of Time (not to mention Mewtwo and Roy) in just a few months.

As I said before, this is amazing stuff. Well done and bravo.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
-my thoughts-
I do apologize for seeming aggressive. But by all means, that is not my intention. I'm more or less defending my earlier point which everyone seemed to miss. But enough about Scourge. I'm more interested in Soaps Sonic's discussion. As I have said throughout our discussion, if you can't tell the difference between Soaps Sonic and Brawl Sonic, it isn't going to be much different than Fox and Link. They would of course change the tone of his blue, change his shoes, and skin tone his eyes. If necessary, they can add his adventure 2 gear, but I think he is distinguishable without it anyways. Even the texture of his spin dash can be changed to fit the costume.

Again, I'm not trying to argue or be aggressive. I'm just stating a point. Soaps Sonic can be distinguished from the Brawl varient. Especially if P:M handles it. Just my thoughts. I would rather have a costume than a bunch of recolors.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
GOOD GOD I'M SO CONFUSED

Will Dry Bowser get recolors? OoT Link? All the others?

Will Melee Fox have his Melee sounds? Can we edit the sounds ourselves if we'd want?

When will Ted meet the mother?
* I'd think that model based on Melee will have its recolors, but that's just an educated guess. It's just like them.

* I don't think so, considering that they said there's only a few slots for SFX, but you can replace them yourself with this. This will be updated for 3.0.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...l-sfx-updated-for-2-6b-readyyyyyyy-go.335236/

* Never. Stop asking silly questions like that.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I do apologize for seeming aggressive. But by all means, that is not my intention. I'm more or less defending my earlier point which everyone seemed to miss.
Don't worry about it.
But enough about Scourge. I'm more interested in Soaps Sonic's discussion. As I have said throughout our discussion, if you can't tell the difference between Soaps Sonic and Brawl Sonic, it isn't going to be much different than Fox and Link. They would of course change the tone of his blue, change his shoes, and skin tone his eyes. If necessary, they can add his adventure 2 gear, but I think he is distinguishable without it anyways. Even the texture of his spin dash can be changed to fit the costume.

Again, I'm not trying to argue or be aggressive. I'm just stating a point. Soaps Sonic can be distinguished from the Brawl varient. Especially if P:M handles it. Just my thoughts. I would rather have a costume than a bunch of recolors.
If there's all of that, I think it would work for sure. I'd also rather have a costume. The gear intrigues me, though, since I think it'd be a nice homage.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I still kinda want Hylia's Chosen Hero Link. The one that appeared in the Skyward Sword manga.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Other M zero suit samus anyone?
I suggested classic suitless Samus (NES Metroid, AKA Justin Bailey Samus) as a choice for an alternate costume for ZSS. I think that would be more distinguishable than a slightly different version of the Zero Suit.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yeah, I always wonder what kind of jobs the PMBR have, because that really looks like something official. That Link render honestly looks like it was taken out of the concept art for OoT, and then turned into a high-res model.
Nanobuds, the person who rigged the models and made the renders teaches 3D modeling iirc. Pik made the textures for most if not all of the new costumes and he's starting college next year iirc. :p

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
Seeing as how the Clone Engine rules don't apply to costumes, I'm guessing that opens up the possibility for Awakening alts? I'd really love to see Marth and Roy in their Awakening gear, both of their outfits are pretty sick IMO.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Don't worry about it.

If there's all of that, I think it would work for sure. I'd also rather have a costume. The gear intrigues me, though, since I think it'd be a nice homage.
I don't really find it necessary to have his gear. But if it means Soaps Sonic, then sure. I'd prefer not though. I'm pretty fine with the idea of Riders, Darkspine, Excalibur, or Something else. Hell, I would even be okay with that insanely awkward new CGI cartoon Sonic if it offers difference in the model. I just don't want Sonic treated like Kirby and Yoshi. It wouldn't feel right.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
There are so many opportunities for Snake. His MGS1 sneaking suit, Iroquios Pliskin, Old Snake... And while Big Boss is a different character, he's had the same voice actor as Solid Snake up until recently, and he looks nearly exactly the same. Too bad it's unlikely we'll ever see any of these happen.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Nanobuds, the person who rigged the models and made the renders teaches 3D modeling iirc. Pik made the textures for most if not all of the new costumes and he's starting college next year iirc. :p
Nano's a cool dude, but I don't think he teaches a class on 3D modeling. You're thinking of Vaanrose, lol.
To be more specific, Starwaffle, Nanobuds, and I all do rendering together.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I suggested classic suitless Samus (NES Metroid, AKA Justin Bailey Samus) as a choice for an alternate costume for ZSS. I think that would be more distinguishable than a slightly different version of the Zero Suit.

Pretty sure he's talking about this one.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
"This is due to the fact that we cannot change the voices or sound effects of a character on a costume by costume basis on an extensive basis."

Dang, so I guess this means no Melee Fox's voice or OoT Link's voice.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Meh the less references to Other M the better.
Oh would you people get over it already? Seriously, the game may have been a little "meh" but the designs from it are pretty solid.

I'd personally like this outfit for ZSS too. I wouldn't even mind her Other-M Varia suit either and don't mind it for Smash 4 since it honestly looks better than the old ones.

Still, for ZSS, I'm still hoping for the Justin Bailey one posted a couple pages back. <3

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Meh the less references to Other M the better.

If something is well designed what does it matter what the source material is? I'm getting real tired of all the blinding Other M hate.

Edit: Also it's fewer. You can count references.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Basically what the post on the site seems to be telling me is "if the alt isn't based on Melee it's probably not getting more than one color."

Also not using Mega Evolutions probably also means they're not going to use Fire Emblem Awakening.

Honestly now I wouldn't be surprised if most of the characters just got the "make them Melee" treatment.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Outside of her military uniform, everything in Other M looks pretty terrible aesthetics-wise without regarding the gameplay or story. I especially do not like the gloss-carwash-pissyellow thing the Varia Suit's got going on. Smash 4 made it look pretty good, but the Super Metroid look is simply way more iconic.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What will happen to Toon Link? We saw him in a team battle, but he's not getting Outset recolors?
Based on the blog post, it's probably a standalone costume, but if not, it's most likely possible for them to make it an alternate Blue Team costume, since they said that Team Mario and Team Doc can be used on the same team without one of them becoming lighter (which is the same way as how you can use Classic Wario and Biker Wario on the same team).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Personally I liked a lot of the character design from Other M. Everything was so colorful and vibrant, it reminded me of the classic games far more than any of the Prime games ever did with it's visuals. And the piss yellow was the same color as the power suit in Super Metroid/Zero Mission, I don't see the complaint.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Vibrant sure, but the textures were incredibly flat and lacked style. Super, Fusion, and Zero were colorful but they still had a lot of detail which is the key difference. And no, the Power Suit itself is distinctly yellow but the Varia Suit is not. And really the color's not really a big problem for me. It's that the slimmer look completely removes the presence it's supposed to have. The jump from Power to Varia is supposed to make you look bigger and tougher.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Then I just don't understand your complaint. They're essentially the same except one is gritty and one is colorful.

splat

Smash Lord
Based on the blog post, it's probably a standalone costume, but if not, it's most likely possible for them to make it an alternate Blue Team costume, since they said that Team Mario and Team Doc can be used on the same team without one of them becoming lighter (which is the same way as how you can use Classic Wario and Biker Wario on the same team).
I know - but I assume they can't just add a blue team costume without adding one for red and green, too. Got me wondering - will we see more Alt Costumes for him, or just more palette swaps of his normal costume - or does his Outset costume go over his old blue team costume?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Having color and having detail are not mutually exclusive. I dislike Other M's aesthetics because they're incredibly flat. The 2D Metroid games have both color and detail, each with their own distinct sort of style whereas Other M feels bland by comparison.

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
I don't see what's so bad about Other M alts. Personally, I absolutely did not care for Other M, but I think her military outfit would be a pretty awesome alt for ZSS.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I know - but I assume they can't just add a blue team costume without adding one for red and green, too. Got me wondering - will we see more Alt Costumes for him, or just more palette swaps of his normal costume - or does his Outset costume go over his old blue team costume?

Yeah, TL is an interesting case. They could probably fill his entire alt-costume selection with different-looking costumes. I'll be honest, though, I wouldn't mind at all if they just did recolors for his Outset look. I really like the way that one came out, and having it in different colors (maybe with different colored hair, too) would be really pretty.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't have anything against that particular outfit, just that I'd find anything else to have way less associative backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom