• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

red9rd

Smash Ace
My fav still is racist Ness

But you cant tell me it wouldn't be badass for him to have masked mans mask and arm cannon

Smash Apprentice
LET'S JUST GIVE ALL THE ALT. COSTUMES TO NESS
MELEE NESS
DRY NESS
OUTSET NESS
PARTY HAT NESS
MR. NESS
NESS NESS

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Compiled a short list of revealed alts in the Turbo finale in [hide tags] Let me know if there were more please.

Alts revealed:
Shadow Princess Peach
Ocarina of Time Link
Skull Bowser
Party Hat Pikachu
Mr. L - Luigi
Older ROB (Black and Red)
-Melee Fox

This leaves for speculation:

DK
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede
Olimar
Falco
Wolf
Capn Falcon
squirtle
Charizard
Ivysaur
Lucario
Jiggs
Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Roy
Sonic
Snake
GW

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
LET'S JUST GIVE ALL THE ALT. COSTUMES TO NESS
MELEE NESS
DRY NESS
OUTSET NESS
PARTY HAT NESS
MR. NESS
NESS NESS
Pajama Ness is all he needs…. thatandabuffthatallowsmetoautowinthesetwhenIpickNesslol.

red9rd

Smash Ace
My fav still is racist Ness

But you cant tell me it wouldn't be badass for him to have masked mans mask and arm cannon
Now that I'm thinking about it wouldn't it be cool to have a stage with the background from the Giygas battle or another Mother battle background.

SunJester

Smash Ace
My best guesses for alts.

Donkey Kong - Classic (arcade) DK

Diddy Kong - More Colours?

Yoshi - Either more colours or Boshi

Zelda - OoT Zelda, Maaaaaaybe Skyward Sword Zelda

Ganondorf - Meleedorf

Samus - Fusion Suit, though I could see Dark Samus happening.

Pit - Dark Pit?

Ice Climbers - There's not really anything then just more colours.

Kirby - More colours

Meta Knight - Galactica Knight

Dedede - Dark Matter infested Dedede?

Olimar - Louie

Falco - Melee Falco

Wolf - Melee like wolf

Captain Falcon - Either more colours or helmetless?

Squirtle - either Perma-shades or more colours

Charizard - Mega-Zard

Ivysaur - More colours

Lucario - Mega Lucario

Jigglypuff - Her melee costumes

Marth - Male Marth

Ike - More colours

Ness - Pyjama Ness or Ninten

Lucas - Masked Man

Roy - More colours

Sonic - Shadow?

Snake - Old snake

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Snake is already MSG1/Twin Snakes Snake, and I really want to doubt that Sonic would use Shadow.
I'm just gonna quote the first three ideas for Sonic that I brought up before.

One being a character who was basically Concept Art Sonic until he became his own character (who has only appeared in two obscure games hardly anyone has played), one being Sonic with accessories from past games, and one being another character that's an actual evil alternative to Sonic while still being the same character, more or less.

Before the backlash settles in, I have another suggestion. It's a Sonic character that doesn't appear in games nowadays but still is very much recognized and well loved. Plus, he was one of the designs that almost became our speedy MC.

Instead of Shadow, or even Metal Sonic

Why not Mighty?
I wouldn't mind something akin to the Legacy Sonic mod from Generations where it's Sonic with different accessories he's worm from SA2 up to Black Knight.

But if that's too much, I'd say go with Mighty. Sonic's playstyle and even his voice still work perfectly with him.
Unfortunately, Sonic is kind of lacking in the alternate costume department outside of his forms, like I've said before, and there really isn't any character in the series that's an alternate version of him, but is still HIM and not an artificial copy.

...Well, in the games, anyway. But the only character who I can think of that IS a literal alternate version of him in appearance (and personality) without being artificial is someone I don't think anyone here would be welcome to.

I personally would be, but I'm aware of how a good number of people tend to think here.
Or just Soap shoes on their own. That's honestly be enough, too.

I feel that pretty much any of these fit the criteria and would work well enough with Sonic's model versus...Ugh...The incredibly short and adorable Classic Sonic.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whatever keeps Sonic Sonic should be fine.
Keeps him Sonic and keeps him on model.

I dunno about you, but I personally don't want to get confused by any kind of size differences. XD

I'm sure the people suggesting Classic are just thinking that making it the same height as Modern would be enough. Honestly, I don't see it working. Well, unless he's modeled more like his Sonic Adventure concept art.

Then, I could kinda see it.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Glad to see someone else agree with me on this for once. That exactly the reasons for picking the choices I've listed. Keeping it Sonic, even if in a different but still literal sense, and keeping it on model. I wouldn't even consider Mighty and Scourge if not for their origins or backgrounds. (And popularity. Oddly enough, despite him being a recolor in design, Scourge seems to be one character from the comics that even people who hate the comics seem to appreciate and Mighty is loved all around.)

But again, even just Sonic with his Soap Shoes would be enough. Maybe even with the Riders shades to accompany them. Or not.

I honestly think Modern Sonic should've just kept the Soap Shoes anyway while Classic kept the...well...Classic Shoes. XD

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ok so in Page 9 i posted this, but i think is worth to make another mention about Samus and her possibilities and see what you guys think.
Ok, about what Suit of Samus would be the best election:
Prime 2 & 3 Varia Suit:
I love this design and it has notable differences from Zero Mission/Brawl Suit, also respects hitboxes, and hurtboxes, it can count as an alternate costume, but Samus has other suits way more different/alternate, so i dont think about this suit being an alt. at all.

Fusion Suit:
This is my favorite contender but the lack of big shoulder pads maybe wont respect the hurtboxes.

Dark Suit:
This is the most suitable of all; Respect Hurt/Hitboxes, and its a mayor overhaul of Samus suits.

-As a final note i didnt mention the Light Suit because didnt appear in Brawl (they dont want to put things that wasnt in Brawl), not even in stickers i believe. And Dark Samus is another pers.... errr creature so no (too bad for dark sammy and light suit)
As a side note i must say that what i wrote of the Prime 2/3 isnt valid now, even i think that suit is the best option.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I'm loving Fox and Link's new alternate costumes. They look really great. I wonder if they will get any new palette swaps. I think Gold OOT Link would be great, and a version of Melee Fox with the White and Light Green coloring he has in that one palette in Brawl would be really nice.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Doc got new palette swaps, so OoT/Melee Link and Melee Fox will probably get new palette swaps, too.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm loving Fox and Link's new alternate costumes. They look really great. I wonder if they will get any new palette swaps. I think Gold OOT Link would be great, and a version of Melee Fox with the White and Light Green coloring he has in that one palette in Brawl would be really nice.
I think every alt comes with recolors, so I'd expect to see corresponding colors to the Brawl versions.

Fortress

Smash Master
Technically Dark Samus has Samus' DNA, so they're kind of one in the same. I'd vote for Prime Varia Samus, but the armor just looks a little too similar. Fusion Suit might be the way to go, if anything.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Glad to see someone else agree with me on this for once. That exactly the reasons for picking the choices I've listed. Keeping it Sonic, even if in a different but still literal sense, and keeping it on model. I wouldn't even consider Mighty and Scourge if not for their origins or backgrounds. (And popularity. Oddly enough, despite him being a recolor in design, Scourge seems to be one character from the comics that even people who hate the comics seem to appreciate and Mighty is loved all around.)

But again, even just Sonic with his Soap Shoes would be enough. Maybe even with the Riders shades to accompany them. Or not.
I don't think any of these are bad choices, aside from the fact that P:M's been pretty clear about it being the explicit character themselves. I get that Mighty's supposedly a prototype, and Scourge is another-universe-Sonic, and they're cool, but I'm pretty sure they're DQ'd from the start. I really love that Adventure Art, and want Classic Sonic in some form, and genuinely think it would work. Good pick.

Not that these aren't cool, but I just feel like it's gonna be hard to tell Sonics apart if just by their shoes, and adding entirely different colors to the Soap Shoe models seems cheap.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Keeps him Sonic and keeps him on model.

I dunno about you, but I personally don't one to get confused by any kind of size differences. XD

I'm sure the people suggesting Classic are just thinking that making it the same height as Modern would be enough. Honestly, I don't see it working. Well, unless he's modeled more like his Sonic Adventure concept art.

Then, I could kinda see it.
Actually, the only major difference is that Classic Sonic's torso is about twice as big, and his legs shrink appropriately.

These two models are sharing the same bones. It needs some tweaking so that Classic Sonic's arms don't clip through his belly especially in some of the more extreme poses, but it all lines up rather well with the hurtboxes.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't think any of these are bad choices, aside from the fact that P:M's been pretty clear about it being the explicit character themselves. I get that Mighty's supposedly a prototype, and Scourge is another-universe-Sonic, and they're cool, but I'm pretty sure they're DQ'd from the start. I really love that Adventure Art, and want Classic Sonic in some form, and genuinely think it would work. Good pick.

Not that these aren't cool, but I just feel like it's gonna be hard to tell Sonics apart if just by their shoes, and adding entirely different colors to the Soap Shoe models seems cheap.
I don't know much about Scourge, but if OoT Link is allowed over TP Link, I would allow an AU version of the character.

I dunno though.

Fortress

Smash Master
I don't know much about Scourge, but if OoT Link is allowed over TP Link, I would allow an AU version of the character.

I dunno though.
The thing is, the Links between games are incarnations of the same hero; the same person, in a way. Scourge is very much a different character than Sonic just as Groose is to Mido.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord

I dunno though.
Those are just different timelines, though, and Scourge is waaaay different from Sonic personality-wise. It stretches things more than you might imagine, but it's still possible.
Actually, the only major difference is that Classic Sonic's torso is about twice as big, and his legs shrink appropriately.

These two models are sharing the same bones. It needs some tweaking so that Classic Sonic's arms don't clip through his belly especially in some of the more extreme poses, but it all lines up rather well with the hurtboxes.
I agree with you, but I almost feel like disagreeing from how ugly that model is. lol

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The thing is, the Links between games are incarnations of the same hero; the same person, in a way. Scourge is very much a different character than Sonic just as Groose is to Mido.
I get where you're coming from. Were I in charge, I'd still count them as the same for the purposes of this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom