• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Darn it all I've been playing Ness since Smash Bros. began and later Lucas when he joined in Brawl, yet I've still barely touched their home series...I only played a Mother ROM for like a week a while back and I keep enjoying Earthbound a day at a time only to put it down for months. I've decided that I'll be running Ness with Lucas's specials at my local tournament this weekend and after my exam on Monday I'll be starting up Mother again and playing straight through the series so I can be ready for Lucas's release and Mother 4 in June. I'm feeling inspired.

Man as amazing as getting Lucas back is, Mother wouldn't mind some more rep... Duster would be so ****ing perfect for that.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
Do u think Lucas' rope snake zair will actually hurt people?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I just want to say
The moment I heard "PK Fire!" I almost cried. Anyone else or was it just me?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
every lucas main hates whiffing a dash grab and getting slammed with 60 frames of him trying not to fall on his face. pivot grab was his only usable one.

a hitbox on Zair would be nice but i just want his Zair to not have a hurtbox.
I remember someone Dtilted my Zair and it hit Lucas as well. i knew that could happen but i lost the stock cause i was sitting there going "wtf".

Drippy

Smash Ace
**** you guys move this thread so quickly...

Lucas fam is probably my favourite community on smashboards right now. Everyone is so happy and cheerful and we all get along, this is nice :120::120::120:
Yeah I've said this before and I'll say it again but the best thing about the Lucas reveal was the group of people who have gathered together to talk about their favorite game and video game character.

who's playing Mother 4 when it comes out?
I'm totes going to play it first day. I just need to finish Earthbound (I just beat the Mani - Mani statute) and I already have Mother 3 and a emulator ready to go. I'm so excited for June because Lucas is coming out which is also the time the developers of Mother 4 said the game is coming out and by June I should have enough money for either Mother 3 [English cartridge] + GBA or Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Wii Mote / Nunchunk. It's unfortunate I can't have both :(

To be fair, Ness doesn't really smile... he always just has this sort of vacant expression in his face.
SAY FUZZY PICKLES!

Do ZAir's in Brawl have 0F landing lag? I don't remember.

Anyway ZSS got a damaging ZAir this game, so I wouldn't say Rope Snake getting improved overall (literally no reason for a hurtbox and cray lag) is too :083:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, hopefully it stays like this through the two months until Lucas's release :059:
I'll be here to keep it going, I haven't been this active on a forum in a long time. Used to be an very active member on the BioShock / Pockie Ninja / PSASBR forums way back in the day.

I definitely will. Couldn't call myself a Mother fan if i wasn't looking forward to it.

I'm still convinced Mother 4 takes place in between the time game with Mother 2 and 3. So like a Mother 2.5. : 3
Wait does Mother 4 actually take place in between?

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Do ZAir's in Brawl have 0F landing lag? I don't remember.

Anyway ZSS got a damaging ZAir this game, so I wouldn't say Rope Snake getting improved overall (literally no reason for a hurtbox and cray lag) is too :083:
Mekos was a player who always used it before landing on the ground, yes it used to cancel landing lag and imo probably still will. Seeing as how the moves are close in terms of not even really changing, I believe we'll still be able to Zap Jump/Magnet Pull.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Zap Jump didn't make it back, or if it got patched asap, considering Rosalina's Guardian Luma Zap Jump got patched out.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i'm pretty sure brawl zairs have like 3 frames or something like that.
Mekos was a player who always used it before landing on the ground, yes it used to cancel landing lag and imo probably still will. Seeing as how the moves are close in terms of not even really changing, I believe we'll still be able to Zap Jump/Magnet Pull.
I really hope they keep it but what if they changed the physics?
besides, Zap Jump would be too broken to keep.
also it doesn't take much for it to just get patched as well.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
This legit. hit in the feels so hard.

My glob these gifs are amazing, i need these in my sig.

I definitely will. Couldn't call myself a Mother fan if i wasn't looking forward to it.

I'm still convinced Mother 4 takes place in between the time game with Mother 2 and 3. So like a Mother 2.5. : 3
That just really depends if it is set within Ninten and Ness' world (Mother 1+2), in Lucas' world (Mother 3) OR if its set in a completely different one to the other two :p

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Tbh, I think Zap jumping will be back, but will get patched.

However, I believe magnet pulling will stay.

Hopefully we can keep it though, who knows.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
What if Nintendo said "Preorder Lucas and get a free copy of Mother 3 on wii u"

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Nah, Robin's social is pretty out there too. It's mainly because skype groups have become super popular which just kills all social activity on a board (sadly this is what happened to Villager ;_; ), so let's NOT do that, yeah?!
What about Colony 9 (the Shulk Social) tho, that place is the bomb. : P
There are a few that are active but for the most part they are pretty dead

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Definitely going to be playing Mother 4 once it releases. I'm just hoping it's up there with the official games in terms of quality. So far from what's been released, it's looking really promising!

Lucas is the only newcomer that I got up and jumped around like an idiot for. For other characters, I'd sit there and get excited by their moveset, hyped up to play them, but I didn't actually show me excitement. Lucas is the only character that comes remotely close to Kirby in how much I love a character. LUCAS HAS A BONEY ALT TOO MUCH HYPE. BONEY IS TOP TIER BEST EVER.

BONEEYYYY

EDIT: Er, veteran. Not newcomer.

Last edited:
Definitely going to be playing Mother 4 once it releases. I'm just hoping it's up there with the official games in terms of quality. So far from what's been released, it's looking really promising!

Lucas is the only newcomer that I got up and jumped around like an idiot for. For other characters, I'd sit there and get excited by their moveset, hyped up to play them, but I didn't actually show me excitement. Lucas is the only character that comes remotely close to Kirby in how much I love a character. LUCAS HAS A BONEY ALT TOO MUCH HYPE. BONEY IS TOP TIER BEST EVER.

BONEEYYYY
You like Boney, don't you Squidward.

Drippy

Smash Ace

BONEEYYYY

EDIT: Er, veteran. Not newcomer.
I totally feel ya. Mewtwo was announced and I was hyped like,"Aww flip yea! Can't wait for Mewtwo!" but Lucas got announced and I was fanboying like crazy going "OMG OMG OMG NO WAY!!!"

Also if you guys are looking for another Mother-ish type of game, you should check out Omori. I backed that game back in 2014 and it should be coming out around mid-2016 I believe (just shows how much work they're putting into it). Also the lead designer OMOCAT has a lot of great artwork you guys should check out as well. (I love her Earthbound fanart the most)

Practically screams Earthbound to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom